Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING CDR  (Read 16521 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re: THE MYSTERY OF THE MISSING CDR
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2010, 03:03:34 PM »

I watched BURN NOTICE while I ate lunch. An OK episode. The story arc part of the episode barely moved along. The caper for this week wasn't as fun or as interesting as some others have been. One of the guest actors was also really poor.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #121 on: February 20, 2010, 03:03:48 PM »

Page Five Dance!!!

Kerry

« Reply #122 on: February 20, 2010, 03:05:09 PM »

Is your creosote fragrant, Kerry?

Well, I don't want to brag, but.......
I like boat races.

Matt H.

« Reply #123 on: February 20, 2010, 03:05:11 PM »

I'm going to try to get the long programs transcribed before FROST/NIXON starts. I'll likely watch it "live."

Kerry

« Reply #124 on: February 20, 2010, 03:05:22 PM »

Vibes to the many!
I like boat races.

Matt H.

« Reply #125 on: February 20, 2010, 03:20:36 PM »

Heading down now to transcribe the long programs and then settle in with something to watch. Time will determine what that will be, but by the time I come back tonight, I should have seen FROST/NIXON.

WBBL.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #126 on: February 20, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »

Not that I'm necessarily condoning the behavior, but I will say some of the most ribald and hilarious (if politically incorrect) humor I've ever heard has been in newsrooms where DS Betsy has worked right after the death of a famous person.  Suffice it to say nothing is sacred.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

MBarnum

« Reply #127 on: February 20, 2010, 03:39:31 PM »

The director called and filming is indeed on, so I am heading downtown in a few minutes.

I wonder what will happen when they find out I can't act.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2010, 03:40:20 PM »

The director called and filming is indeed on, so I am heading downtown in a few minutes.

They'll promote you to star.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2010, 03:45:56 PM »

Vibes to Gabe. ~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2010, 03:50:24 PM »

Now that I have watched the men's free skate I went back & read all the skating posts from last night.  I basically agree with everything said about the skaters. 

It is a rare treat to watch a skater fall & then give a wonderful performance.  Instead of looking sad he had a big smile...what a guy.  If he hadn't fallen I wonder if he would have gotten the Gold.  Fall or no fall, he still skated rings around Plushenko, IMHO.

Apparently a bunch of figure skater/analysts were actually sort of upset that plushenko didn't win. I saw that Elvis Stojko (canadian champion and olympic medalist) really believed plushenko should have won. He really thought that his program was technically much stronger. And that no quad = no win. He really respected the japanese skater for actually trying the quad (even though he missed).  I maybe could agree with what he said if plushenko's jumps had been as clean as they usually are. BUt to me they were all choppy.  One thing which stojko did say (which i guess is a valid point) is that winner Evan's skating got really slow at the end (this seemed to really bother him).

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2010, 03:51:08 PM »

We were discussing how much we enjoy the old tv series Cheyenne & wish it were on DVD.  I found this slide shows of Clint Walker, with him singing.
Twilight on the Trail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUIAwiKaaZ8&NR=1
With these hands http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFLCzvxqAWM -this has the best slide show ;)
My Kind of Country: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gbLFwO2SBU&feature=related

I don't know if it's still available, but the first season of CHEYENNE was released onto DVD.  [I have it.]

The funny thing about it is that several of the scripts are adaptations of old Warner Brothers movies, including THE TREASURE OF SIERRA MADRE, in which Clint Walker does the Walter Huston role.

Actually, I saw that episode when I was a kid...before I ever saw the movie.

I remember the Sierra Madre episode.

Thank you for the info.  We watched season 1 from NetFlix.  Season 2,4,5,6,& 7 (yes season 3 is missing) are also listed on NetFlix, only for instant viewing on the computer or tv.  We are not set up to watch NetFlix through the tv & we can't make DVD's from our computer.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2010, 03:53:56 PM »

I just got a pleasant surprise.

Basil Rathbone's grandson just ordered one of my photocopied editions of my long OOP book on Basil.

His son, Basil's great grandson, is playing Tybalt in a production of ROMEO AND JULIET...the same role that Basil played in the Norma Shearer/Leslie Howard movie.

:)  and congrats on your book!

Jennifer

« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2010, 03:56:52 PM »

Did anybody watch the ice dancing last night?

I found it very interesting that the 2 top teams (not including the russians) are coached by the same people. Yet one team is american and one team is canadian. I think the coaches are russian.

I was listening to the story and found it very odd.  I mean obviously much of the canadian short track speed skaters (for example) train together. But they are a team and skate for the same country.

I found it odd enough that canadian lori nichols choreographed both men's winner (american) routine, and canadian patrick chan. I saw an interview where she said it was like her children, she loved them all the same. So she was able to cheer for both  men.

But last night they had the ice dance coaches wear USA clothes while sitting with the American ice dance team. And then switch to canadian scarves and stuff when the canadian team got their scores.

These two teams are competitive with each other. I'm not even sure which country they train in. And i guess these coaches must be great. I'm curious if the teams are friends, rivals or what.

Jennifer

« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2010, 04:00:02 PM »

Tonight is speed skating. I know the long track is on here at 7:15pm. The short track (which i am more interested in) goes from 8:45pm (eastern). The last event starts after 11pm. I'm guessing NBC will show most of this live too since Apolo Anton Ohno is in it.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2010, 04:00:26 PM »

Now that I have watched the men's free skate I went back & read all the skating posts from last night.  I basically agree with everything said about the skaters. 

It is a rare treat to watch a skater fall & then give a wonderful performance.  Instead of looking sad he had a big smile...what a guy.  If he hadn't fallen I wonder if he would have gotten the Gold.  Fall or no fall, he still skated rings around Plushenko, IMHO.

I assume you're talking about Takahashi. He had a sensational skate apart from the one big spill on the quad (shouldn't have done it; should have done a triple-triple like Evan did: almost the same value as a quad) and a little slip late in the program landing one of his combinations. And SO much personality! I just loved his routine ("La Strada") and his personality just burst forth at every second - very magnetic personality on ice.

Yes, I think he is an amazing skater, such style.  I was hoping he wouldn't go for it, still I didn't really expect him to go down. :( 

I personally prefer the new scoring & the return to overall skating skills, for me it isn't all about jumps.

I can't remember the Swiss guy name, WOW ON HIS SPINS!

Jane

« Reply #136 on: February 20, 2010, 04:03:32 PM »

I watched BURN NOTICE while I ate lunch. An OK episode. The story arc part of the episode barely moved along. The caper for this week wasn't as fun or as interesting as some others have been. One of the guest actors was also really poor.

Last night we chose to watch a second episode of the English series DOC MARTIN.  Season 3 just came out on DVD.  If you like quirky shows and/or English series, we highly recommend this one.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: February 20, 2010, 04:04:39 PM »

;D

Good luck & have fun.

FJL

« Reply #138 on: February 20, 2010, 04:10:13 PM »

MBarnum - Of course you can act!

Jane

« Reply #139 on: February 20, 2010, 04:10:48 PM »

Apparently a bunch of figure skater/analysts were actually sort of upset that plushenko didn't win. I saw that Elvis Stojko (canadian champion and olympic medalist) really believed plushenko should have won. He really thought that his program was technically much stronger. And that no quad = no win. He really respected the japanese skater for actually trying the quad (even though he missed).  I maybe could agree with what he said if plushenko's jumps had been as clean as they usually are. BUt to me they were all choppy.  One thing which stojko did say (which i guess is a valid point) is that winner Evan's skating got really slow at the end (this seemed to really bother him).

Interesting Jennifer.

As for the complaint Evan got slow, I understand.  I don't understand if it is compared to Plushenko who simply got boring.  Just my 2 cents.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: February 20, 2010, 04:16:43 PM »

Did anybody watch the ice dancing last night?

I found it very interesting that the 2 top teams (not including the russians) are coached by the same people. Yet one team is american and one team is canadian. I think the coaches are russian.

I was listening to the story and found it very odd.  I mean obviously much of the canadian short track speed skaters (for example) train together. But they are a team and skate for the same country.

I found it odd enough that canadian lori nichols choreographed both men's winner (american) routine, and canadian patrick chan. I saw an interview where she said it was like her children, she loved them all the same. So she was able to cheer for both  men.

But last night they had the ice dance coaches wear USA clothes while sitting with the American ice dance team. And then switch to canadian scarves and stuff when the canadian team got their scores.

These two teams are competitive with each other. I'm not even sure which country they train in. And i guess these coaches must be great. I'm curious if the teams are friends, rivals or what.

I find it interesting, not so odd.  Coaches what to coach talented people.  If they are good at what they do I expect if the skaters are friends or not will depend on the usual reasons people get along or not.  I believe many of the skaters who compete against each other are good friends.

I haven't watched the dance competition yet. 

Jane

« Reply #141 on: February 20, 2010, 04:41:27 PM »

Not getting on American Idol & having a hard luck story can turn out for the best.  This video brought tears to my eyes:
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/idolchatter/post/2010/02/ellen-and-kara-take-up-the-angela-martin-cause/1

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #142 on: February 20, 2010, 04:53:51 PM »

Kathryn Grayson in CAMELOT - 1962....photos.

http://www.kathryngrayson.com/kgcam.htm

The real Guenevere was too scared to come, so they sent her grandmother instead, hoping no one would notice.

Yes, and I believe Inga Swenson was Mordred in this tour.

Another demotion on her way to BAKER STREET!

And her appearance in "Benson" was for the artful scripts that were turned out each week?

Vibes to DS Gabe!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #143 on: February 20, 2010, 04:56:12 PM »

Feeling better and get well vibes for GABE K.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: February 20, 2010, 04:56:28 PM »

It may be good for your calves, DR td, but what about your ponies.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #145 on: February 20, 2010, 04:57:12 PM »

Two episodes of COPS.....hurray!

One Cason Murphy
Two Cason Murphies
Three Cason Murphies.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #146 on: February 20, 2010, 04:57:22 PM »

Love hearing all the book talk.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #147 on: February 20, 2010, 04:57:53 PM »

Y.W. DR MATTH and DR DRUXY for the link.  Yes I think that is Louis Hayward looking hale and hearty....

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #148 on: February 20, 2010, 04:58:32 PM »

BK, last summer, I had almost 400 CDs (and a couple of boxes of DVDs) stolen from my garage, so I FEEL YOUR PAIN!! :'( I went looking for a CD that I knew was in a box in my garage and that box and a couple of others were not there.  I'm slowly replacing some things, but I know I'll never be able to replace everything that I had...mainly because I don't think that I can remember everything that was taken, especially the DVDs. :-\

George, I hope that didn't include your Original Laotian Cast recording of OKLAHOMA; or the RuPaul production of FUNNY GIRL.

Wow! Could I get copies of those? I'd swap a Bulgarian "Beauty and the Beast" (who was who in that one?) or Lou Ferrigno in "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2010, 04:58:46 PM »

I revised my Disco choreography and I have gone about as fer as I kin go until I get together with my partner tomorrow.

DR MBARNUM is off to the studio for filming.  I hope he reports the difficulty to his SAG rep.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up