Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: GOING AND DOING AND DOING AND GOING  (Read 11105 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: GOING AND DOING AND DOING AND GOING
« Reply #90 on: April 09, 2010, 12:44:36 PM »

DR JOHNG - I am not involved in this particular production except as a member of the discriminating audience come this Sunday, but I am sure they would appreciate the sentiment.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #91 on: April 09, 2010, 12:44:54 PM »

Page four non picture dance.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #92 on: April 09, 2010, 01:05:11 PM »

DR JOHNG - I am not involved in this particular production except as a member of the discriminating audience come this Sunday, but I am sure they would appreciate the sentiment.
Sorry, I think I knew that. My brain is feeling as if it is from Planet X this week.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #93 on: April 09, 2010, 01:10:13 PM »

Got my errands run and it was very chilly out. The jeans and long sleeved shirt were definitely needed.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #94 on: April 09, 2010, 01:12:30 PM »

When I got in from my Friday errands, I cooked lunch and watched last night's THE MENTALIST. The murderer was pretty easy to discover, but I loved the give and take with the new commander.

But honestly, I thought Rigsby and Van Pelt had broken up quite a few episodes ago. Was that just a fight and a period of icy indifference before they got back together? Once the entire season comes out in a box set this fall, I'll be able to see the trajectory of this relationship.

Matt H.

« Reply #95 on: April 09, 2010, 01:15:59 PM »

Then I began my work project for the day - the Blu-ray of COCOON. I did enjoy the movie as much as I did back in 1985 when I first saw it, though Don Ameche's Oscar was kind of insulting in light of Wilford Brimley and Hume Cronyn, both of whom give more accomplished performances. I mean, it's obvious that's a dance double doing the break dancing for him, and while he's professional and holds his own with the other veteran stars, his character's arc can't compare to the other two gentlemen or with Jack Gilford's stubborn old timer who refuses to veer from his inevitable path. I even thought Brian Dennehy was more effective.

But it's clear that was a career Oscar which, of course, happens frequently with the Oscars.

Matt H.

« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2010, 01:17:58 PM »

Listened to about half an hour of Ron Howard's commentary. Interesting and he has a good memory for facts and anecdotes.

There were five featurettes, all puff pieces, none more than 7 minutes in length.

And there were2 trailers, 3 TV spot ads, and a teaser trailer for the COCOON sequel (which I remember being not so good).

Matt H.

« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2010, 01:20:17 PM »

Then I skimmed through today's ONE LIFE TO LIVE. Oliver and Kyle were on in some fairly brief scenes - the custody trail is on Monday and Tuesday, and that's the end of the couple on the show. Such a promising storyline and two sensational characters kicked to the curb foolishly.

Matt H.

« Reply #98 on: April 09, 2010, 01:21:09 PM »

AS THE WORLD TURNS had some good scenes today between Luke and Noah and between Luke and Reid whose relationship is now going to start to get interesting.

Naturally, they weren't featured at all in the previews for next week.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #99 on: April 09, 2010, 01:33:52 PM »

So the PR firm handling the hotly anticipated (ummmm.....) Cheech and Chong reunion flick sends me an SD-DVD, which doesn't exactly go with Blu-ray.com's format.  I email her back.  She says she will send a Blu-ray when I return the SD-DVD.  I tell her I have opened the package and my experience with the USPS is they will not accept a "return to sender" once the mailer is ripped open.  She tells me to tape it shut and try.  Oy.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: April 09, 2010, 01:34:57 PM »

Well, damn! Still no check in the mail.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #101 on: April 09, 2010, 01:37:11 PM »

Guess I'll hop off-line now and get some writing done, and then head down to watch something recorded from last night and then get ready for tonight's prime time episodes of GHOST WHISPERER and MEDIUM.

WBBL.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #102 on: April 09, 2010, 01:40:27 PM »

Well Judah today is the day.

Yes, Mesalla, today is the day.

I am off to the competition.  Hopefully with good news to follow.

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: April 09, 2010, 01:42:00 PM »

DR GINNY - four tickets...

Right, DR JRand!  Do you need any other info for the box office?

And, break a leg tonight! 
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #104 on: April 09, 2010, 01:50:57 PM »

DR JRand - ~~~~~"SOLID GOLD" VIBES TO YOU AND YOUR DANCE PARTNER~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2010, 01:54:47 PM »

Jrand, after consulting with Pogue, I'm moving the trip one week - to April 24th.  We're just trying to figure out if we're going to try and see it on Friday night (the day I arrive) or Saturday night.  Once we know that, then I'll let you know all the particulars.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2010, 01:54:57 PM »

Galley and cover are approved!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2010, 02:41:38 PM »

SCI FI LANDS AT BUCK CREEK (from the Indy Star today)

Buck Creek Players' "On the Home Front" season continues tonight with the opening of musical comedy "The Brain from Planet X," by Bruce Kimmel and David Wechter.

D. Scott Robinson directs this production of a spoof on low-budget science-fiction movies of the 1950s. The story starts with an alien invasion, with an ordinary middle-class California family as the target.

Performances are at 8 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and 2:30 p.m. Sundays in the Buck Creek Playhouse, 11150 Southeastern Ave. The production, which is not recommended for children younger than 13, runs through April 25.

Reserve tickets ($16; $14 for students and seniors) by calling (317) 862-2270.

Nice hair!  I have no idea what our costumes will look like, yet.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #109 on: April 09, 2010, 02:44:14 PM »

Jrand, after consulting with Pogue, I'm moving the trip one week - to April 24th.  We're just trying to figure out if we're going to try and see it on Friday night (the day I arrive) or Saturday night.  Once we know that, then I'll let you know all the particulars.

BK, have you finalized the date(s) for your Olympia trip?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #110 on: April 09, 2010, 02:59:25 PM »

Ah, channelling the lamentably absent DAW, I see.....
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #111 on: April 09, 2010, 03:02:57 PM »

I have today off. I just returned from a free visit (I have a two week pass) to the recently opened ANYTIME FITNESS. It is closer to my home then the two GOLD'S gyms, so I am checking it out to see if I am likely to use it more should I decide to join.

I thought you made your choice of gym on the "over 70" member list.

MBarnum would love Oakland's Norman Marks Gym.   Mr. Marks, regrettably, died around Thanksgiving last year, but he lived a LONG life and was friends with many body builders, including the ubiquitous Jack LaLanne.

The men's lockerrom is enormous, but rather sad.  The shower room is open and nearly always occupied (as is the sauna) by wrinkly elderly men who work out faithfully several days a week to stay "toned" (internally, one supposes).

I've often thought MBarnum would find the entire gym setup a paradise.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: April 09, 2010, 03:06:54 PM »

Trouble at PROMISES PROMISES:
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/theater/simon_keeps_promises_1huvmUvGou8iJAWMeCTx0O

You know, Promises, Promises ran for 1200 performances, got great reviews, and audiences loved it.  It does not need Mr. Ashford's help, nor Miss Chenoweth's and Mr. Simon should tell them all to go take a flying leap.  If they can't play the show as written quit or do another show.  I am so heartily sick of these people thinking they're better than the material.  Miss Cheoweth, who is, in my opinion, miscast, wants the character CHANGED for her.  What's next?  Let's change Harold Hill if the actor playing him is wrong for the role or too untalented to play it as written.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: April 09, 2010, 03:07:27 PM »

George, it's looking like the weekend after you open, which is, I think, somewhere around May something or other.

George

« Reply #114 on: April 09, 2010, 03:19:36 PM »

George, it's looking like the weekend after you open, which is, I think, somewhere around May something or other.

On the second weekend, we'll have performances on Thursday the 6th, Friday the 7th and Saturday the 8th at 8:00pm, and Sunday the 9th at 2:00 pm, which is also Mother's Day.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #115 on: April 09, 2010, 03:27:33 PM »

Trouble at PROMISES PROMISES:
http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/theater/simon_keeps_promises_1huvmUvGou8iJAWMeCTx0O

You know, Promises, Promises ran for 1200 performances, got great reviews, and audiences loved it.  It does not need Mr. Ashford's help, nor Miss Chenoweth's and Mr. Simon should tell them all to go take a flying leap.  If they can't play the show as written quit or do another show.  I am so heartily sick of these people thinking they're better than the material.  Miss Cheoweth, who is, in my opinion, miscast, wants the character CHANGED for her.  What's next?  Let's change Harold Hill if the actor playing him is wrong for the role or too untalented to play it as written.

It's also old enough that people won't remember much beyond the choreography for "Turkey Lurkey," if they know that. So why not just leave well enough alone?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: April 09, 2010, 03:29:10 PM »

George, I'd probably see the show on the 7th - do the talkback if they like - have our get-together, and then fly home on the 8th.

George

« Reply #117 on: April 09, 2010, 03:42:44 PM »

George, I'd probably see the show on the 7th - do the talkback if they like - have our get-together, and then fly home on the 8th.

Sounds like a plan.  We have rehearsal tomorrow, but Josh (our director) isn't going to be there...we'll only be working with the choreographer.  I'll send Josh an e-mail to let him know.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #118 on: April 09, 2010, 03:44:48 PM »

What do you expect from a lesbian?

I loved the Cillaliz reaction to this very same exclamation in a post last night.   It reminded me of the last visit/last post of the much-venerated BrettySpaghetti (in his third "return" visit).  Bretty thought my one-word posting of "Doody" in large letters was referencing his previous post (which immediately preceded my "Doody" post).  To that he said it reminded him why he kept leaving HainesHisWay.

Ye need thicker skin than that to survive the everchanging moods of HainesHisWay!

Cilla got it right, though.  Assume nothing and just ask what it meant. 

:D

Reacting that way is kind of funny ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: April 09, 2010, 03:46:44 PM »

I also have to go to the library and pick up some dvds: NEW MOON, DISTRICT 9 and 2012.

District 9 is terrific.   2012 is DREADFUL.  I usually enjoy the Roland Emmerich epics, but this one insulted every fiber of my being.   Instead, why not pick up "Moon"....a wonderful, very unexpected, and totally satisfying sci-fi film.

I agree District 9 is terrific, I just didn't like it.  I wouldn't say 2012 is dreadful and I enjoyed it for what it is.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up