Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK HOME IN INDIANA AND MY OLD KENTUCKY HOME  (Read 19569 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: BACK HOME IN INDIANA AND MY OLD KENTUCKY HOME
« Reply #270 on: April 15, 2010, 07:12:49 PM »

Maybe she's waiting in the lobby.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #271 on: April 15, 2010, 07:13:07 PM »

Exploring different dining options.  More to follow.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #272 on: April 15, 2010, 07:20:38 PM »

Lulu got lost but should be here in about five minutes.  Perhaps I'll mosey on downstairs and meet her there.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #273 on: April 15, 2010, 07:28:21 PM »

Lost in Indianapolis - that's the title of the third volume of my memoirs.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #274 on: April 15, 2010, 07:28:31 PM »

Things are TENSE on Pwoject Wunway.

Ginny

« Reply #275 on: April 15, 2010, 07:39:05 PM »

BK - welcome to the Eastern time zone!  I hope you have a great time in Indianapolis, find the Hoosier production of The Brain satisfactory, and have a good visit with the Pogues.  I talked on the phone earlier with DR DakotaCelt and we decided it wouldn't be wise for us to try to get over there for tomorrow evening's performance.  It would be close to 2am Saturday before she's get back to her hotel in Cincinnati and she's has to be bright and bubbly to be on a panel at 9.  We're going to explore some of Cincinnati tomorrow afternoon/early evening.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #276 on: April 15, 2010, 07:42:43 PM »

DR Matt H, I agree with your comments about Human Target & the guest cast.  As for Modern Family, while they all make me laugh, Cam for his exuberance makes me laugh the most.

We were disappointed with GLEE.  As much as we enjoyed the Vogue thing at the end we had no idea what it was for, not that I'm complaining.

I was not disappointed with GLEE overall. The show has been off for four months, and they had to do an episode that reestablished the show's central movers and shakers, cram in some musical numbers, and introduce two new characters in addition to giving face time to some changes in relationships. My biggest disappointment was that Matthew Morrison didn't get to sing Diamond's "Hello, Again" on his own instead of barely singing along to the recording. Overall, I thought the episode did a good job (not great, mind you) in jump starting the show for the last third of its season.

But the writing was as sassy as ever, and the melodramatic plot strands which are a hallmark of the show were revved back up: different players now in some of the antics, but the tone is still what it was.

"Vogue," of course, was a preview for next week's all-Madonna song episode of the show.

Of course, except I didn't get it.

Last season we had the Will & Fin parallel stories of the pregnancies, now we seem to be doing the same with their need to find themselves after their break-ups.  I hope you are right they are transitioning, because right now it seems to be the same as last season.  I didn't realize the two new characters were here to stay.  Do you know this as fact?

Did you ever see Madonna's "Vogue" music video. If you had, you'd get it.

Jonathan's contract was for eight episodes of the nine episodes in the second half of season one. (We are still in season one, by the way. This is not season two.) Idina's appearances will not be as frequent, but she does have a recurring role and will be back off and on for the rest of this season.

As for Will's kissing of Idina, Emma had already turned him down, he's had a loveless marriage for quite some time (remember Terri wouldn't allow any sex during her five months of "pregnancy,"), and I suspect his emotions are a raging roller coaster. I think you ladies are being far too hard on him.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #277 on: April 15, 2010, 07:44:24 PM »

When I went downstairs, I watched the bonus features on the TOMBSTONE Blu-ray. There were less than 45 minutes of them, so I was done fairly quickly with it.

Matt H.

« Reply #278 on: April 15, 2010, 07:48:44 PM »

I skimmed through today's AS THE WORLD TURNS. More softening of the tensions and a build up of feelings between Luke and Reid which I found very exciting to see.

Of course, they were not in the previews for tomorrow. Get a relationship on the road to something interesting and you get cut off at the knees. Dumb move, writers!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #279 on: April 15, 2010, 07:49:49 PM »

Matt H.

« Reply #280 on: April 15, 2010, 07:51:40 PM »

Next I watched last night's UGLY BETTY. I wept during big chunks of it. It featured beautiful writing and some wonderful resolutions for the storylines to end the stories on positive notes. I was actually quite excited for Betty and Daniel. We don't know where they're headed, but it should be an adventure, and with their four year history, they are already starting out far ahead of the game in terms of dating if that's where THEY want it to go. But the writers were smart to leave it open ended - it can go the way the viewer wants it to go.

Matt H.

« Reply #281 on: April 15, 2010, 07:52:33 PM »

Before BONES started, I had about thirty minutes to kill so I began rewatching the American Masters program ON CUKOR which I always find entertaining. I'll finish it tomorrow.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #282 on: April 15, 2010, 07:53:52 PM »

Like Donald and Ann Marie on THAT GIRL!

Matt H.

« Reply #283 on: April 15, 2010, 07:54:32 PM »

I enjoyed BONES tonight as Brennen went back to investigate a crime which happened in her hometown where her high school class was having a reunion. Her uneasy relationships with the cruel kids in her class was fun and funny, and it was a fair mystery though I suspected the killer from the beginning (though I didn't have a clue as to motive right away).

Always enjoy seeing Wendell as the intern, by far the sexiest and most appealing of the group.

Matt H.

« Reply #284 on: April 15, 2010, 07:57:06 PM »

I ended my evening viewing with tonight's 100th episode of SUPERNATURAL. Some suspense and some humor, too, and some genuine emotion once again delivered by Jensen Ackles who has really grown as an actor during his five years on this show. Misha Collins also had some prime moments as Castiel which I enjoyed.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #285 on: April 15, 2010, 08:11:05 PM »

Lunch started late and ran very long, so when I got in, I didn't have time to do anything except watch TOMBSTONE. It has a simply brilliant cast of actors. Val Kilmer steals every scene as Doc Holiday in what must be his best-ever film performance.

Kilmer's excellent, but the truth is that, in any telling of the O.K. Corral saga, Doc Holliday is always the scene stealing role.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #286 on: April 15, 2010, 08:12:17 PM »

I'm waiting for the rain to stop here, so I can take my dog for her walk then go to bed.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #287 on: April 15, 2010, 08:13:35 PM »

Your doggie is waiting too.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #288 on: April 15, 2010, 08:19:07 PM »

Good Evening!

Well...

You know what they say about second shows, performances?  Well...

...If you don't, it's probably best that you don't.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #289 on: April 15, 2010, 08:20:01 PM »

However...

A dear friend of mine was in attendance tonight, and she sent some cookies backstage before the show!  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #290 on: April 15, 2010, 08:27:36 PM »

Tomorrow's work project is the Blu-ray version of RIDE WITH THE DEVIL. I enjoyed the film on DVD on Sunday, and I have high hopes for the high definitions version tomorrow. It's a long movie, but it should be an easy day since the main part of the review is already written.

Matt H.

« Reply #291 on: April 15, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »

I guess it's past my bedtime so I need to head down and go to sleep.

Good night!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #292 on: April 15, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »

Dog walked.

'Night all.

Jennifer

« Reply #293 on: April 15, 2010, 08:35:26 PM »

Can't wait to read this one myself. I was 94 among reservations at the library yesterday (about of 30 copies). And the movie of "Dragon Tattoo" opens here Friday.

I won't be able to see what place i am in for a reservation until the book comes out in may.

re: the movie opening on friday. Which version is it?

Is it this one:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1132620/

I saw this one in french with french subtitles.

Yes. It's Swedish.

So in the US they are playing it Swedish with English subtitles?

Here it was french with french subtitles. But i think there was an option for Swedish with French subtitles. But I don't think i would have been able to follow that easily.

The movie is very graphic.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #294 on: April 15, 2010, 08:36:14 PM »

DR JOSE how was the audience?

DR JRand - The audience was small but appreciative and vocal.  :)

*The theatre company had sort of inadvertently ended up programming "against" themselves tonight.  Not only was tonight the second night of "The Brassy Broads of Broadway", but it was also the night of their special fund-raiser featuring Miss(?) Coco Peru at Nations, a "special interest" establishment.  However, the remaining three performance of "BBB" are almost sold out.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jennifer

« Reply #295 on: April 15, 2010, 08:39:52 PM »

The insurance company has now decided that I am 100% responsible for the accident last Friday.

I'm curious when it happened did the other driver think he was at fault?

I guess they are saying the general rule is the person who is backing out has the responsibility.  But i think it should depend if the other driver is driving fast or recklessly.

Sorry.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #296 on: April 15, 2010, 08:41:36 PM »

Sorry to hear your news, DR TCB.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #297 on: April 15, 2010, 08:42:44 PM »

Can't wait to read this one myself. I was 94 among reservations at the library yesterday (about of 30 copies). And the movie of "Dragon Tattoo" opens here Friday.

I won't be able to see what place i am in for a reservation until the book comes out in may.

Is it this one:

Yes. It's Swedish.

Here it was french with french subtitles. But i think there was an option for Swedish with French subtitles. But I don't think i would have been able to follow that easily.

The version in the U.S. is Swedish with English subtitles. And it is said to be quite graphic.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #298 on: April 15, 2010, 08:43:40 PM »

re: GLEE

DR Matt H, I agree with your comments about Human Target & the guest cast.  As for Modern Family, while they all make me laugh, Cam for his exuberance makes me laugh the most.

We were disappointed with GLEE.  As much as we enjoyed the Vogue thing at the end we had no idea what it was for, not that I'm complaining.

I was not disappointed with GLEE overall. The show has been off for four months, and they had to do an episode that reestablished the show's central movers and shakers, cram in some musical numbers, and introduce two new characters in addition to giving face time to some changes in relationships. My biggest disappointment was that Matthew Morrison didn't get to sing Diamond's "Hello, Again" on his own instead of barely singing along to the recording. Overall, I thought the episode did a good job (not great, mind you) in jump starting the show for the last third of its season.

But the writing was as sassy as ever, and the melodramatic plot strands which are a hallmark of the show were revved back up: different players now in some of the antics, but the tone is still what it was.

"Vogue," of course, was a preview for next week's all-Madonna song episode of the show.

Of course, except I didn't get it.

Last season we had the Will & Fin parallel stories of the pregnancies, now we seem to be doing the same with their need to find themselves after their break-ups.  I hope you are right they are transitioning, because right now it seems to be the same as last season.  I didn't realize the two new characters were here to stay.  Do you know this as fact?

Did you ever see Madonna's "Vogue" music video. If you had, you'd get it.

Jonathan's contract was for eight episodes of the nine episodes in the second half of season one. (We are still in season one, by the way. This is not season two.) Idina's appearances will not be as frequent, but she does have a recurring role and will be back off and on for the rest of this season.

As for Will's kissing of Idina, Emma had already turned him down, he's had a loveless marriage for quite some time (remember Terri wouldn't allow any sex during her five months of "pregnancy,"), and I suspect his emotions are a raging roller coaster. I think you ladies are being far too hard on him.

Emma didn't turn him down. Why would he expect to have sex with her during their first date??   When i saw that scene i thought there is no way a woman could have written that.  He is supposed to be the good guy, the moral compass for the show. I really found how they had him act appalling. Especially since the vibe of their "hello again" dance was so sweet (up until she said she would not sleep with him that night).  I think it's fine if they cool things down. But it really bothered me how they wrote those scenes.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 08:46:35 PM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #299 on: April 15, 2010, 08:45:51 PM »

Is it this one:

Yes. It's Swedish.

The version in the U.S. is Swedish with English subtitles. And it is said to be quite graphic.

It's the same movie i saw. But here it was marketed in french.

It was really graphic. And if you've read the book i'm sure you can imagine. That was the only thing that bothered me about the film. It was definitely extremely graphic.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11   Go Up