Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: I'VE GOT NEWS FOR YOU  (Read 16550 times)

Cillaliz

Re: I'VE GOT NEWS FOR YOU
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2010, 12:34:23 PM »

I heard about an auction and was in the mood to go, but there was literally no place to park. the place was swarming with people, I didn't see anything from the road I'd want and it was SOOOO hot.  So I came home instead

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2010, 12:34:32 PM »

Hi page 3

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2010, 12:36:31 PM »

Tomorrow I'm going to start helping Paul with the water tower.  He wants me to take off the whole week to help him paint.  That isn't going to happen. I may take an extra day off. I do really love to do this. He's doing two giant Santana heads on the tower. The drawing looks pretty cool.  The concert is a week from today, so we'll have to be working a lot. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2010, 12:37:30 PM »

I was stressing about needing to clearn...then I turned on Hoarders.  I'm fine now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2010, 12:43:01 PM »

I need to get back to working on the design review project.  I started on it yesterday and have a plan to finish.  If I can just get a full draft done this week, i will be very happy

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2010, 12:57:00 PM »

I agree with Vixmom on the maid idea. And I would help fund DR Elmore's project of getting some of these wonderful yet forgotten old scores recorded -- as they were meant to sound.

In a way, I'm getting one of the things I had wanted for a long time this weekend. I've long wanted a Vitamix. Really wanted one, ever since I saw what these machines can do in the kitchen. Low and behold, they were for sale on the nearby Air Force base, and a friend of mine works there, so he picked one up for me tax-free and a slightly reduced rate, which makes it about 15 percent off what I would have otherwise paid. I take possession tomorrow, and I can't wait to get started.  Smoothies, raw soups, cooked soups, frozen drinks ...

My sister's had a Vitamix for years and loves it.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »

Speaking of my sister...she just called and she, her daughter and our mom are at my parents' rental house getting it ready for new renters.  They need a roll of paper towels and since I live so close (and I have a lot of rolls of paper towels...Costco, you know), I'm going to bring them some.  After that, I'm going to work for a couple of hours, then tonight it's Saul Tannenbaum's SPRINGTIME IN PARIS featuring the Gay Parisiennes! (The link is to a Facebook event.)  It should be a fantastic evening!

If you wish, you can watch the saga of Saul and Judy Tannenbaum HERE, on YouTube. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2010, 01:06:59 PM »

FYI:  Saul and Judy are "played" by Josh Anderson and Lauren O'Neill, the director/music director and Yoni of the recent Olympia production of The Brain From Planet X.

George

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2010, 01:07:08 PM »

Until later!

Ben

« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2010, 01:16:34 PM »

It is very hot here as well. Not as hot as Phoenix but hot, nonetheless. I have turned on the AC. I should wait until bedtime but I broke down and did it now.

Ben

« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2010, 01:17:15 PM »

I will listen to Beverley Humphreys at 5pm in the comfort of air conditioning.

Ben

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2010, 01:18:04 PM »

It's too hot to exercise. That is one of the benfits of belonging to a gym (I don't since we have the stationary bike in the living room).

Kerry

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2010, 01:51:32 PM »

Yes, it is hot today, too.  But I don't think I'll watch the news today to find that out.
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2010, 01:51:55 PM »

TOD:  I'd buy Ocean Spray instead of Lady Lee.
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2010, 02:14:45 PM »

I spent the afternoon watching SHADOWBOXER with the very brave Helen Mirren. I enjoyed it, although the violence kept sending me to the pause button so I could distance myself from it whenever possible. I got a bit tired of the director's pretensions and wished at times the narrative had been more direct.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: June 26, 2010, 02:28:25 PM »

I've given up trying to get Richard to take today OFF - he's working on synod stuff on his computer and we've decided to postpose seeing TOY STORY 3 until we're back in Middletown.  We went over to the church for him to print tomorrow's sermon and I gathered up all my food prep items except the perishables.  We'll get those tomorrow and put them in the mini-cooler that was returned to us yesterday by the Vicar from our former church in Cincinnati.  I'd left it there almost 3 years ago!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: June 26, 2010, 02:41:52 PM »

And I see Facebook's very own Jose has been monkeying around - well, here's my guess - either I or someone else said something that he didn't care for (although I can't imagine what) and he has left - and my guess is that he has, in fact, answered people's queries and no one wants to tell me what the problem is/was.  Too bad.  You can always PM me the information.  I'm just baffled by it, frankly - well maybe he feels it's more about him on Facebook and less about the community of this jernt.  I honestly have no idea why he would do this - as I will always point out - the people on this site have been very friendly, positive, and supportive of him, always.

I have neither heard from him nor contacted him.  I assume he has new friends and new goals to pursue.

Well, good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: June 26, 2010, 02:43:03 PM »

Back from some errands and whatnot, a sandwich and onion rings, and now back to prepping new releases.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #78 on: June 26, 2010, 03:02:17 PM »

TOD - a really BIIIIIG house on lots of land - so I could entertain and have people stay and visit for asslong as they liked - and of course maid to help keep it all tidy and clean

I've always thought that if I won the lottery, I would buy a big estate (probably something like Michael Burn's place that's for sale!) and turn it into a non-profit retreat for documentary filmmakers to work on their projects. Then I would have a big place to live with lots of land, surrounded by interesting people with interesting projects, and of course, a maid and a gardener to keep the place up. Win-win!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2010, 03:05:57 PM »

I agree with Vixmom on the maid idea. And I would help fund DR Elmore's project of getting some of these wonderful yet forgotten old scores recorded -- as they were meant to sound.

In a way, I'm getting one of the things I had wanted for a long time this weekend. I've long wanted a Vitamix. Really wanted one, ever since I saw what these machines can do in the kitchen. Low and behold, they were for sale on the nearby Air Force base, and a friend of mine works there, so he picked one up for me tax-free and a slightly reduced rate, which makes it about 15 percent off what I would have otherwise paid. I take possession tomorrow, and I can't wait to get started.  Smoothies, raw soups, cooked soups, frozen drinks ...

I will tell my cousin Loree. Vitamix has been one of the businesses my family has been in for many years and she's the CFO of Vitamix.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2010, 03:07:33 PM »

Saturday morning greetings!  Richard and I are both suffering lower back pain - a combination of stress and not sleeping on our own TempurPedic mattress.  We all did sleep in today and we're about to go out for brunch and send DS Rob home in my car to help some friends of his move into a new apartment.  Richard and I will stay in Lima until after tomorrow's service.

Ginny what is the proper way to address Richard in his position (besides Richard)?

HahahahahaRichard!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2010, 03:09:14 PM »

Edisaurus

« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2010, 03:12:41 PM »

I thought about hitting up my cuz for a family discount but decided just to go with the Walmart blender instead.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2010, 03:14:16 PM »

DR Jane (or anybody else who watched) did you like the Betty White show HOT IN CLEVELAND?  Apparently the reviews were good, so it is going to start airing here on July 5th.

We enjoyed the second episode.  We both agree, while very cute, the week link in the suburb cast is Valerie Bertinelli.  You need to pay attention to catch Betty White's wonderful expressions.  Jane Leeves & Wendy Malick are terrific.

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2010, 03:14:37 PM »

If I had unlimited funds I'd buy really cool old endangered buildings and restore them. 

Jane

« Reply #85 on: June 26, 2010, 03:15:34 PM »

DR Jane (or anybody else who watched) did you like the Betty White show HOT IN CLEVELAND?  Apparently the reviews were good, so it is going to start airing here on July 5th.
I love the cast, but people at work were not too thrilled with the writing.

Interesting, I thought it was a combination of writing & delivery that makes us laugh.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: June 26, 2010, 03:17:10 PM »

DR Elmore, our vibes and prayers are always with you.  We love you!!!

I'm spiffying up the house for our house sitters and then it's off to Aladdin Jr auditions and then back to the house to pack for the trip.  All checked in for JetBlue - our flight leaves at 9:55pm.

Hang on angels....

SAVE & EASY TRAVEL VIBES!!!

Edisaurus

« Reply #87 on: June 26, 2010, 03:19:31 PM »

If I had unlimited funds I'd buy really cool old endangered buildings and restore them. 

Yep, that's part of our agenda, too. I'd love to restore a place like Michael Burns and his wife did.
http://www.showcase.com/property/1567-Harrodsburg-Road/Danville/Kentucky/6571980

Anyone got a spare 6 million?

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: June 26, 2010, 03:22:17 PM »

Beautiful!   Think I better go buy a lottery ticket...it could happen

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: June 26, 2010, 03:30:24 PM »

Just when you think the aching will stop, it comes back. I don't like this at all.

I think I need some food.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up