Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: I'VE GOT NEWS FOR YOU  (Read 16987 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: I'VE GOT NEWS FOR YOU
« Reply #90 on: June 26, 2010, 03:31:04 PM »

And I see Facebook's very own Jose has been monkeying around - well, here's my guess - either I or someone else said something that he didn't care for (although I can't imagine what) and he has left - and my guess is that he has, in fact, answered people's queries and no one wants to tell me what the problem is/was.  Too bad.  You can always PM me the information.  I'm just baffled by it, frankly - well maybe he feels it's more about him on Facebook and less about the community of this jernt.  I honestly have no idea why he would do this - as I will always point out - the people on this site have been very friendly, positive, and supportive of him, always.

I sent a message via facebook a while back. I haven't heard back.  I'm assuming he's just busy and off on some adventures.  I would be surprised if he's mad about something

Nor have I attempted to contact him.  He may be on FB but it is very low keyed without much emotional investment.  As I previously mentioned he has taken breaks before.  Bruce while you figure it is personal I figure Jose is simple going through "stuff" and/or focusing on other things at the moment.  Until someone tells you otherwise I suggest  sending him vibes that all is well. :)  Remember Jose has  been very friendly, positive, and supportive of us and if he needs a break we should support that.

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: June 26, 2010, 03:31:54 PM »

I thought I had the photos and flyer from the victorians I toured today on this computer, but I don't....hmmm.

Jane

« Reply #92 on: June 26, 2010, 03:34:17 PM »

Speaking of my sister...she just called and she, her daughter and our mom are at my parents' rental house getting it ready for new renters.  They need a roll of paper towels and since I live so close (and I have a lot of rolls of paper towels...Costco, you know), I'm going to bring them some.  After that, I'm going to work for a couple of hours, then tonight it's Saul Tannenbaum's SPRINGTIME IN PARIS featuring the Gay Parisiennes! (The link is to a Facebook event.)  It should be a fantastic evening!
TOD - a really BIIIIIG house on lots of land - so I could entertain and have people stay and visit for asslong as they liked - and of course maid to help keep it all tidy and clean

I've always thought that if I won the lottery, I would buy a big estate (probably something like Michael Burn's place that's for sale!) and turn it into a non-profit retreat for documentary filmmakers to work on their projects. Then I would have a big place to live with lots of land, surrounded by interesting people with interesting projects, and of course, a maid and a gardener to keep the place up. Win-win!

That sounds charming, just like a book or movie. ;)

Jane

« Reply #93 on: June 26, 2010, 03:35:50 PM »

FEEL BETTER VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!!!

I was very achy, might you be coming down with a summer cold?

Jane

« Reply #94 on: June 26, 2010, 03:36:21 PM »

Cilla, how are your parents & friends at the lake?

Jane

« Reply #95 on: June 26, 2010, 03:36:52 PM »

Amy thank you for the link to the video for the bionic cat.  I was moved by the doctor's joy & deep emotion.

Jane

« Reply #96 on: June 26, 2010, 03:38:37 PM »

from CharlesPogue:
THE LAST STATION and everybody in it is brilliant, particularly Mr. Plummer and Helen Mirren.

We have had the DVD sitting here from NetFlix.  I'm going to push Keith for us to watch it tonight.  He doesn't seem very interested.

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: June 26, 2010, 03:46:42 PM »

Cilla, how are your parents & friends at the lake?

My parents are fine. They said it stormed and the wind blew. My mother was up, she never sleeps through a storm.  But they didn't lose their power although others in the area did. No real damage there.  There were several farms and hog confinements hit by tornados in NW Iowa.  I know some cattle were killed and property damage, but I don't think anyone was injured

Cillaliz

« Reply #98 on: June 26, 2010, 03:47:46 PM »

We're all under a tornado watch again tonight

Cillaliz

« Reply #99 on: June 26, 2010, 03:49:04 PM »

I am very sleepy tonight.  Probably because I didn't sleep last night. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: June 26, 2010, 03:49:32 PM »

Think I'll go make a steak and corn on the cob

PennyO

• Ah, if I knew then what I know now...
    • Penny Orloff
« Reply #101 on: June 26, 2010, 03:53:43 PM »

Hiya - seems something else is wrong with my water system now... oy...

And I'm dog sitting for the wonderful black lab/Irish setter who belongs to the people who own the cabin next to mine - they're outa town, and I have this beautiful girl since Thursday morning until Tuesday!!

What else?? Oh, the Sultan Library has wads of DVD's to borrow. I got Designing Woman, and had to shut the sucker off after an hour - just couldn't stand it. But Will and Grace is amusing, and I got some other movies I've seen before. And I saw It's Complicated - ok; and Men Who Stare at Goats - and LOVED it
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #102 on: June 26, 2010, 03:56:00 PM »

Steak sounds good...
PennyO

PennyO

• Penny Orloff
« Reply #103 on: June 26, 2010, 03:56:39 PM »

Mmmmm... makes me hungry just to think of it... maybe I'll go eat something!
PennyO

Jennifer

« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2010, 04:11:38 PM »

I'm curious in the US if there are a lot of people with flags on their cars for soccer (World Cup).  Maybe it's a bit different because the US is/was in it and Canada isn't. But here everywhere you look there are cars with all different countries flags on them.

The most prevalent was Italy. Although i haven't seen any of theirs in the last few days. I wonder if there is some unwritten rule that when your team is out you take the flags down.  I still did see flags today. Some Germany and a few others.

Jennifer

« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2010, 04:13:02 PM »

I agree with DR Jane re: DR Jose.

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #106 on: June 26, 2010, 04:18:33 PM »

Amy thank you for the link to the video for the bionic cat.  I was moved by the doctor's joy & deep emotion.

Me, too. I got choked up when he knelt down, a little overcome by emotion. May his breakthrough help many other animals in need.
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

« Reply #107 on: June 26, 2010, 04:20:42 PM »

I'm having dinner with my little French boy tonight and one of his colleagues. A nice reward for mopping the kitchen floor with Bruce. (The floor cleaner, that is.)
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Jane

« Reply #108 on: June 26, 2010, 04:21:40 PM »

We're all under a tornado watch again tonight

Tornado vibes!

Jane

« Reply #109 on: June 26, 2010, 04:22:54 PM »

Penny I know you will enjoy dog sitting. :)  Water vibes!!!

Jane

« Reply #110 on: June 26, 2010, 04:23:45 PM »

I'm curious in the US if there are a lot of people with flags on their cars for soccer (World Cup).  Maybe it's a bit different because the US is/was in it and Canada isn't. But here everywhere you look there are cars with all different countries flags on them.

The most prevalent was Italy. Although i haven't seen any of theirs in the last few days. I wonder if there is some unwritten rule that when your team is out you take the flags down.  I still did see flags today. Some Germany and a few others.

I don't think I would see that in our small town.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: June 26, 2010, 04:24:16 PM »

Me, too. I got choked up when he knelt down, a little overcome by emotion. May his breakthrough help many other animals in need.

I know. :)

Edisaurus

« Reply #112 on: June 26, 2010, 04:24:34 PM »

Don't know if this is the case with Jose, but I've had to abandon HHW when my work load gets overwhelming. I do still check in with Facebook but that's because my co-workers are on it and a lot of people send me messages through FB and KI can hit and run during a render.

I don't know what Jose is up to lately; I invited him to breakfast with us and Elmore when we were in NY but he was already in VA. He helped me out tracking down a costume supply place in NY but that's the last I've heard from him. I hope he's doing well and comes back soon!

Edisaurus

« Reply #113 on: June 26, 2010, 04:25:40 PM »

Feel better vibes to dear Elmore!

Edisaurus

« Reply #114 on: June 26, 2010, 04:26:26 PM »

Safe travel vibes to Matthew!

Jane

« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2010, 04:27:18 PM »

Wednesday morning I hiked in a new spot amongst the many trails of Ashland.  I walked through the longest tunnel of Manzanita trees I've seen.

Jane

« Reply #116 on: June 26, 2010, 04:28:47 PM »

A wider angle...

Jane

« Reply #117 on: June 26, 2010, 04:30:00 PM »

Heading out.  It was difficult catching the view without hikers in it.

Jane

« Reply #118 on: June 26, 2010, 04:30:36 PM »

I know, all three are almost the same photo.  I loved it in there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: June 26, 2010, 04:39:03 PM »

Watching movie number two - not for enjoyment, although it's a great movie, but to try and name the cues and identify them - the problem with this movie is that it's almost two hours long with about eighteen minutes of music - so one has to sit for great long stretches waiting for the next cue.  The first cue doesn't occur until almost thirty two minutes in.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up