Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OBSERVATIONS  (Read 10382 times)

Cillaliz

Re: OBSERVATIONS
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2010, 04:06:41 PM »

OK - our dinner menu tonight includes baked potatoes.  Any suggestions for low sodium/low fat/low cholesterol toppings?

Lawry's Lemon Pepper - only 80 mg Sodium per serving...

Land O Lakes Light Butter (only 5gm of fat)

or...top with a tasty chopped mushroom sauteed in olive oil

I have found that I can use Lawry's Lemon Ppper ( but none other) in place of salt on almost all my veggies even sliced tomatoes.

der Brucer

Mrs. Dash

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2010, 04:20:05 PM »

OK - our dinner menu tonight includes baked potatoes.  Any suggestions for low sodium/low fat/low cholesterol toppings?

Woody often serves herb encrusted oven roasted potatoes instead (potatos quarters or eights, depending on size - leave the skin on the red ones), dust with your choce of herbs, sprinkle with oil oil and oven roast.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Lowell

« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2010, 04:35:33 PM »

I've just returned from following someone who looked to be casing our street. He drove all through our neighborhood, and would pull over when he noticed I was following him. We've had a lot of break-ins lately in our 'hood. This guy pulled over 4 or 5 times and drove through most of the streets around us; it was obvious he wasn't lost. I hope he now knows that this is a neighborhood that is on alert.

For a minute there, I thought it was me.  Took me that minute to remember I no longer drive.
You can't take a bite out of life if you forget your teeth

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2010, 04:39:41 PM »

Ah, took me a minute to figure out who Lowell is :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2010, 04:42:46 PM »

No cutting today. The lesions, which are fibrous scar tissue, will remain for several more weeks. It's been a good day. And PROMISES PROMISES arrived. Wish the Foundation's check would!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2010, 04:44:10 PM »

Hi Lowell.

DR Elmore, no cutting is always good at the dentist.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2010, 04:47:20 PM »

LOL at LOWELL!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

Edisaurus

• "It was 20 years ago, today..."
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2010, 04:48:27 PM »

I called the police, our neighborhood security and got his tag and a good look at him as i drove by when he was pulled over.

And when will you be arrested for stalking :D

der Brucer

I have a license to stalk. I'm a block captain!
Sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. --Lewis Carroll

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2010, 04:54:07 PM »

I'm a block captain!

Is that status transferable to prison?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #99 on: August 09, 2010, 04:55:00 PM »

DR Ginny!  I'm so happy to hear/read that you are home and posting!

Hi, DR Dan(the Man)!  You've been through something like this, haven't you?

Yep, almost four years ago.  Scarey, scarey, scarey as you go through it.  But when I think back on it, the worst part was probably having to wear the vise-tight truss thingy on the hemotoma I developed in my crotchal area where they had inserted my catheter.

That, and the embarassment of having to show off my crotchal area to so many strangers...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2010, 05:01:20 PM »

The London Promises, Promises has just arrived! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2010, 05:03:16 PM »

I gotta tell you.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2010, 05:03:47 PM »

So far about six reports of damaged jewel cases - the post office must have really had a field day kicking these around - really annoying.

George

« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2010, 05:08:26 PM »

So far about six reports of damaged jewel cases - the post office must have really had a field day kicking these around - really annoying.

Mine is fine...hey, I'm a poet and didn't know it!

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2010, 05:11:35 PM »

My PROMISES, PROMISES arrived Saturday in a flawless jewel case.

But, BK, I do wish I had the time to come out to L.A. to visit and teach you how to use a label print program...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2010, 05:14:46 PM »

SPLENDA IN THE GRASS on TCM tonight--I don't think I can sit through this one so soon after watching it just the other week...
-- Anaïs Nin

Michael

« Reply #106 on: August 09, 2010, 05:26:54 PM »

Just read the Academy, Tony & Golden Globe  winning actress Patricia Neal died today. She and Bruce Kimmel appeared in the final episode of Ghost Story before it was revamped and renamed as Circle of Fear. The episode "Time of Terror" has BK terrorizing Miss Neal.
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #107 on: August 09, 2010, 05:30:52 PM »

TOD:

Salem's downtown area is actually a very busy place. Lots and lots of assorted locally owned shops, a huge used book store, several antique stores, some highly thought of restaurants, furniture stores, several department stores including J.C. Penneys.

Our current mayor has worked tirelessly in revitalizing our downtown, and it is really quite nice.

There is also a wonderful waterfront area complete with a carousel.

The north end of downtown had gotten a little scuzzy, but new buildings have been put up which contain an independent movie theatre, offices, shops, and apartments up above. It all is shaping up very nicely.

Salem does not have as much culture nor recognition as Portland, but it is working on it. One thing that has really helped is the huge Independent Film Festival we have each year.

After your move will you feel safer walking around your new neighborhood?  Will you walk to work?

Jane

« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2010, 05:32:25 PM »

When I was little, my mom and I used to listen to a radio show called Don McNeil's Breakfast Club, during which he did a "March Around the Breakfast Table" segment.  I just did my first 5 minutes of cardio rehab, marching an ellipse around our breakfast AND dining room tables.

Before you know it you will be walking around the entire house, inside and out.

Jane

« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2010, 05:44:35 PM »

DR Jane, my library got two copies of LIVE TO TELL today. The first two have gone out and now i'm number 6. I guess that's not bad since I only reserved it a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully there will be some fast readers in the bunch!

I finally picked up ALONE today.  First I have The River of Doubt : Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey to read.  Then I will decide which will be next, the fast ALONE or the, I expect, slower read EVERY MAN DIES ALONE.

I just finished reading LESSONS IN DYING.  What a depressing group of titles. ;D

Jane

« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2010, 05:49:06 PM »

Chopped chives & nothing else.  Any mix of vegetables lightly sauted in olive oil.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2010, 05:49:20 PM »

Jane

« Reply #112 on: August 09, 2010, 05:51:39 PM »

der Brucer

That is less sodium then our McCormick's.  Next time we will look for Lawry's.

Jane

« Reply #113 on: August 09, 2010, 05:54:04 PM »

I've just returned from following someone who looked to be casing our street. He drove all through our neighborhood, and would pull over when he noticed I was following him. We've had a lot of break-ins lately in our 'hood. This guy pulled over 4 or 5 times and drove through most of the streets around us; it was obvious he wasn't lost. I hope he now knows that this is a neighborhood that is on alert.

For a minute there, I thought it was me.  Took me that minute to remember I no longer drive.

;D

Hi Lowell.  It has been awhile-nice to see you. :)

Jane

« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2010, 05:54:31 PM »

DR Elmore, no cutting is always good at the dentist.

Yes.  Good news! :)

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: August 09, 2010, 05:58:42 PM »

Is there any type of margarine that you could use?

George

« Reply #116 on: August 09, 2010, 06:00:24 PM »

der Brucer

That is less sodium then our McCormick's.  Next time we will look for Lawry's.

What's a serving size?  I like Molly McButter.  I looked it up and found out that it has 180 mg per 1 teaspoon serving. :-\

The "natural cheese" flavor, while only 125 mg Sodium/tsp., doesn't really have much flavor.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:02:40 PM by George »

Jennifer

« Reply #117 on: August 09, 2010, 06:01:31 PM »

Woody often serves herb encrusted oven roasted potatoes instead (potatos quarters or eights, depending on size - leave the skin on the red ones), dust with your choce of herbs, sprinkle with oil oil and oven roast.

der Brucer

This is how i usually eat my potatoes as well.

Jennifer

« Reply #118 on: August 09, 2010, 06:03:11 PM »

I just got SHUTTER ISLAND from the library. I had no idea that the ending was so controversial (I typed in SHUTTER ISLAND ending).  Apparently Leo says a line at the end that is different from the book.

I can't decide how much I liked it. The ending was confusing. But other than that the main ending was quite interesting.

Michael

« Reply #119 on: August 09, 2010, 06:04:07 PM »

To answer the question about Donna McKechnie in the London Promises Promises, she opened the show and played her role for four weeks. To quote Miss McKechnie: "Michael aparently thought that it would be in his best interest to have me open in London to show off his choreography" So it would depend when the show was recorded. The show opened October 2, 1969. Was the show recorded during the first four weeks or after? My source says that she was on the recording.
Never stop dreaming.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up