Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TANDOORI TIKKA  (Read 11653 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: TANDOORI TIKKA
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2010, 06:42:03 AM »

The laundry is finished! Vacuuming is next. I'm going to wait until 10am so I don't disturb the neighbor below me, so I'll put away the laundry. 
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2010, 06:44:13 AM »

And the word of the day is: DIZEN!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  PUT ON YOUR SUNDAY CLOTHES

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2010, 06:47:28 AM »

So I read last night that there is yet to be another incarnation of WISEGUYS/GOLD/AWAY WE GO/BOUNCE/ROAD SHOW, directed by John Doyle yet!  Maybe this will be the production that kills this one off once and for all...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Cillaliz

« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2010, 06:49:58 AM »

Good morning. Very busy day at the office. Hopefully I'll get some news about Little Ricky today.  It looks a little worse so I really want to get his real treatment started, but since we still aren't sure what it is, there's not much to do but wait

Cillaliz

« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2010, 06:50:13 AM »

I hate waiting

Elan

• Smiling from heir to heir...
    • efrex: confessions of an orthodox jewish straight theatre queen
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2010, 06:51:35 AM »

Morning, everyone!

TOD: When I was studying in Israel, I got "adopted" by one of my school's caretakers, an Iranian woman with a large family. She made a chicken-and-herb stew served over rice that was as delicious as anything I'd ever tasted. 15 years later, at a potluck meal, a friend's neighbor handed me a plate of stew, and with one taste, it became Proust's madeline: I was transported back to my yeshiva days. I've since learned that the stew is called Ghormeh Sabzi, and one of these centuries I'll try making my own.

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2010, 06:53:37 AM »

THE AMAZING RACE SPOILERS from last night

A lot of these teams are really growing on me. I was really sad with the bottom 2 teams last night. I really liked them both. I felt bad that the team that got eliminated could not sled. They were actually really growing on me. But to me there downfall was they were at the airport for 3 hours and never checked on another flight. Big mistake!  The one team i really don't like are the tattooed couple. They were good at sledding. But they are lacking in skills.  The father/son are really growing on me. They are so sweet. I like them.  I know they probably won't go far because the father has so many physical limitations. But they seem so read and nice.  I also enjoy the home shoppers. And the doctors. The father/daughter team is doing much better than i thought.  I hope the volleyball girls can bounce back. I am not crazy about the two dating couples. The one that needed their expresspass is going downhill fast.  And the one with the girl who could not go down  on the sled ... well that guy is getting on my nevers. He goes from yelling to being the sweetest supportive guy ever. It is very confusing!    Good show last night though. And great seeing that ice hotel. Very cool.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: October 18, 2010, 06:55:28 AM »

So I read last night that there is yet to be another incarnation of WISEGUYS/GOLD/AWAY WE GO/BOUNCE/ROAD SHOW, directed by John Doyle yet!  Maybe this will be the production that kills this one off once and for all...

Talk about flogging a dead horse!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: October 18, 2010, 06:55:52 AM »

I had a drip in my throat last night and could not fall asleep. So i turned on the food network. Not sure how i missed this. But season 2 of The Next Iron Chef (that was on in the US last year) was premiering.  I don't know why they waited a whole year to show it. But we aren't even getting this season of Project Runway till probably January (I know it ends next week so hopefully i'll just try not to find out who wins, not that i know any of the contestants yet).

Ginny

« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 06:58:08 AM »

YIKES!  We've just had some excitement here - the crew that mows our lawn ran over the sign we had in our yard promoting the county park levy and a piece of the metal support hit our living room picture window.  Fortunately, it's a double pane and only the outside glass was broken.  The boss will be over later to look at it.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

FJL

« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 07:17:43 AM »

Ginny - vibes everything's Ok, and glad no one was hurt

Ginny

« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 07:19:18 AM »

Thanks, DR FJL!  The mower guy just told Richard that the incident also put a hole in the tire of his mower and he has to get that fixed before he can proceed with his workday.  He's not having a good Monday.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 07:24:28 AM »

I was raised in a household where we were taught to eat everything on our plates (it did not hold me well as a restaurant critic years later where portion control is everything). We were also taught to be adventurous eaters and try a little bit of everything. So, I grew up eating and drinking just about anything set before me or that sounded good. It could have been Indian or Moroccan or Peruvian.

As a result, there are few "exotics" for me, just one melting pot of comfort foods, and I dine out on ethnic foods a lot because they are not what I cook. That said, some Persian dishes, such as gormeh sabzi, as Elan mentioned, or fesenjen, chicken with a walnut-pomegranate sauce, still fill me with a kind of new-found wonder. They are not spicy (unless asked for) and some are borderline too sweet, but they are all silky and seductive.  
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 07:25:13 AM »

YIKES!  We've just had some excitement here - the crew that mows our lawn ran over the sign we had in our yard promoting the county park levy and a piece of the metal support hit our living room picture window.  Fortunately, it's a double pane and only the outside glass was broken.  The boss will be over later to look at it.
That's not a calming way to begin a Monday morning. Glad all is OK.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 07:28:03 AM »

Didn't Doyle direct the last and not very lamented, yet lamentable, production of the show?
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #45 on: October 18, 2010, 07:32:18 AM »

Thanks, DR John G!

Kerry

« Reply #46 on: October 18, 2010, 07:32:51 AM »

I was awakened to the sound of rain this morning.  The rain lasted for about 15 minutes and was very lovely.  Sugar and I are back from our walk, so the sky has my permission and blessing to start raining again.
I like boat races.

Ginny

« Reply #47 on: October 18, 2010, 07:46:37 AM »

Here's our living room window.  The hole is in the outer pane of glass.

John G.

« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2010, 07:51:29 AM »

I was awakened to the sound of rain this morning.  The rain lasted for about 15 minutes and was very lovely.  Sugar and I are back from our walk, so the sky has my permission and blessing to start raining again.
I love that sound.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2010, 07:52:26 AM »

DR Ginny, are you sure that wasn't caused by one of the employees of the movie theater who has been lurking around these posts?
― Voltaire

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2010, 07:52:47 AM »

Here's our living room window.  The hole is in the outer pane of glass.

Yikes!!!
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

FJL

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2010, 07:54:35 AM »

John G and Dan the Man - Are you talking about the London production of ROAD SHOW? 

Sometimes, shows just work differently in London than they do here.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/144026-Stephen-Sondheims-Road-Show-to-Play-London

Ginny

« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2010, 07:55:16 AM »

That's what I said, DR JMK!  In the 22+ years we've lived in this house, I've heard a lot of things hit our 4 picture windows (mostly misguided birds), but this sounded like nothing I've heard before.

John G.

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2010, 07:59:31 AM »

John G and Dan the Man - Are you talking about the London production of ROAD SHOW? 

Sometimes, shows just work differently in London than they do here.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/144026-Stephen-Sondheims-Road-Show-to-Play-London
hopefully more work will be done.
― Voltaire

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2010, 08:10:46 AM »

Didn't Doyle direct the last and not very lamented, yet lamentable, production of the show?

Yes, you are correct.  Shows how little I paid attention to that last remounting...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2010, 08:10:54 AM »

Maybe I missed it, but did anyone mention that actor Simon MacCorkindale died on October 14?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2010, 08:18:16 AM »

DR Ginny, glad that that's all the damage done.  Did you have that window installed? 
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2010, 08:28:16 AM »

No, DR Dan (the Man) - this one has been here since we moved in, but its counterpart on our bedroom window was broken by a window-washing crew that we had here 3 years ago and had to be replaced.

Ginny

« Reply #58 on: October 18, 2010, 08:28:56 AM »

DR Ginny, are you sure that wasn't caused by one of the employees of the movie theater who has been lurking around these posts?

LOL, DR John G!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #59 on: October 18, 2010, 08:42:01 AM »

I wonder what this errant and truant behavior is from dear reader Ron Pulliam - he's certainly active elsewhere but hasn't been seen around these here parts since last Thursday.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up