Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: TANDOORI TIKKA  (Read 11671 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: TANDOORI TIKKA
« Reply #90 on: October 18, 2010, 12:50:38 PM »

Remember, folks, you get what you pay for at this site.

PAGE FOUR!
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:52:51 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2010, 12:53:30 PM »

I guess I scared Dan (the Man) away.
“One thing’s universal,

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2010, 01:24:53 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Glad to hear that Druxy's book-signing went well.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2010, 01:26:08 PM »

Congrats to DR Julie.

I enjoyed JRand's video. Thanks for posting it, Jack.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2010, 01:28:51 PM »

Jose, I had Vegetable Korma yesterday.

Mike, I'd intended to recommend Butter Chicken to BK, but he immediately glommed onto the Tandoori dishes. I'm not sure that the restaurant we went to yesterday serves it, but I hope that BK does try it sometime.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2010, 01:29:55 PM »

Has it been mentioned here that our own DR Julie (Julie Miller)  is now the Vice President of MAC, the Manhattan Association of Cabarets and Clubs?

Congratulations, dear DR Julie!

Congrats to Julie!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2010, 01:31:08 PM »

So I read last night that there is yet to be another incarnation of WISEGUYS/GOLD/AWAY WE GO/BOUNCE/ROAD SHOW, directed by John Doyle yet!  Maybe this will be the production that kills this one off once and for all...

Talk about flogging a dead horse!

I once dated that dead horse.

You and Catherine the Great!

Back from all my errands and now I'm off to dinner at Gabriel's on West 60th.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #97 on: October 18, 2010, 02:01:11 PM »

You are welcome DR JULIE...and thanks to DR JOHNG for the kind words.....

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #98 on: October 18, 2010, 02:01:30 PM »

Waiting vibes for DR CILLA LIZ

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2010, 02:02:12 PM »

I was going to go see a first act run through of JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT featuring my son-in-law from NEVER TOO LATE.....but I think I will wait for the actual production of the show and see it then.

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2010, 02:29:43 PM »

Had a good CR session and a smooth shopping trip.  When I got home the window repair guy had been here to measure and tell Richard that they'll be back in the next couple of days to replace the glass.  All in all, the mowing company probably lost money at our house today, between the window and the mower tire.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: October 18, 2010, 02:41:49 PM »

In some good neighborhood news, the house across the street that's been for sale since spring now has a SOLD sign on it.  The last couple of houses on our street that were up for sale eventually had to be rented and we were afraid that was becoming a trend.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #102 on: October 18, 2010, 02:47:25 PM »

In some good neighborhood news, the house across the street that's been for sale since spring now has a SOLD sign on it.  The last couple of houses on our street that were up for sale eventually had to be rented and we were afraid that was becoming a trend.

That is good news, Ginny!  Unfortunately, there are several condos in my complex that are either in arrears or foreclosure. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: October 18, 2010, 02:55:50 PM »

PWOJECT WUNWAY

SPOILAGE

This past Thursday's episode of "Project Runway" was nervewracking and, ultimately, WHOLLY SATISFYING for me.   The challenge was issued by the Mayor of New York City who offered the remaining designers carte blanche to use any city landmark as inspiration for the next design.

I hoped that someone would choose Radio City Music Hall (I envisioned a full-length coat inspired by the geometry and color of the marquee/front of the building) and a separate garment inspired by the interior -- colors of the curtains, lights, etc.  But, alas....

Michael C. went for Lady Liberty, which I thought was a bit predictable and possibly too literal an inspiration.   Mondo and April chose the Brooklyn Bridge...Mondo for optical illusions he discovered when looking through the cabling at a certain angle...and April for...who knows what reason...I don't recall, possibly because I never saw much of it in the garment.  I think it was for angles.  Andy claimed Central Park, and Gretchen took the lower East Side.  It was clear from Gretchen's commentary that she was ignoring the challenge concept of "inspiration" and chose to design something less "inspired by" (and not landmark-related at all) and more what she thought women on the lower East Side might wear.

If anyone appeared to be in trouble, it seemed me that Michael C. might be the one.  Tim's assessment of what he was doing (two ideas at that time) were that one concept (he couldn’t make it work) was a ghastly disaster and that the other wasn't ambitious enough...and to look at what his fellow designers were doing.

Mondo was back in with the oversized houndstooth, Gretchen was making a leather jacket and “separates”, April was again doing black (ALL her outfits have been black) with asymmetrical patterns and odd cutouts, and Andy was doing a black hoochi dress which, as Gretchen called it, was a “madame” dress.   Only on the back could you see any “Central Park” influence…and the back straps looked like tree branches.

On the runway, the judges asked Mondo about his garment.  All but Heidi absolutely loved his look.  Heidi wasn’t thrilled at seeing black oversized houndstooth again, but she loved the cut/styling of the garment.  Michael Kors was complimentary that Mondo had gone the extra step of eschewing (gesundheit!) colors in favor of black and white and praised him for showing his range during the competition. During the judges' conference, Sirriano made a few remarks gestures about Mondo's personal appearance...as if Mondo were a bit chi-chi or something..he then deflected that critique to the garment, but the other judges poo-poohed him.  I'm thinking Sirriano -- the Queen of Chi-Chi -- was feeling "threatened"! Next up, IIRC, was Andy, who was taken to task for his stated inspiration and the absence of any sign of said inspiration in another short “warrior princess” outfit.  I’m guessing it’s because it was the final challenge because they then complimented him profusely on the look of the black outfit (shiny fabric making it look “wet” in places) and the exquisite tailoring apparent.  Michael C, I believe, was up next, and he told the judges that the Statue of Liberty was his inspiration, that he wanted a dress with draping that echoed that on the famous statue without being literal, that he wanted a showstopper.  Michael Kors told him that “showstopper” was what he delivered.  The judges were EFFUSIVE in their praise of the dress…from Michael’s draping to the high slit in the front to the low (but decent) back.  Michael was thrilled.  Gretchen and April seemed to turn into stone.   Guest judge Christian Sirriano said it may have been slit too high, but Heidi said, No.  She wants to wear that dress.

April and Gretchen, for what it’s worth, were lambasted by the judges.  Gretchen was told she apparently had run out of steam and that her garments looked cheap. They didn't rag her about not using a landmark for inspiration.  Gretchen, like April, dissolved into tears and made excuses about how the challenges robbed her of creative energy, etc., etc.   April was told she had delivered just another version of the same old dress she’d been flogging in several competitions.  During the workrooms, both thought they’d be in the top three.

In past years, they’ve named two designers as being “in” for Fashion Week.  Two other designers were told they’d compete for the third slot.   This year, they’ve been told that four of them would all compete for three slots, meaning each will show a look or three in a pre-Fashion Week runway throwdown.

After the judges conferred, Michael C. was told his dress was “the dress of the evening” and that he was “in.”  Then came Mondo, and then Andy, each one “in”.  The choice between April and Gretchen seemed, to me, a no-brainer.  And, indeed, Gretchen was “in” and April was devastated.  The end.

END SPOILAGE
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:03:19 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2010, 02:56:54 PM »

Back from a sandwich and onion rings.  Important envelope STILL hasn't arrived - I was assured it was sent but told the holiday might have slowed things down - to which I say horse manure.  I doesn't take six days for an envelop to get from Texas to here - not unless the USPS sits on the mail and decides not to deliver it for a few extra days.  Something I would believe, actually.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »

Has it been mentioned here that our own DR Julie (Julie Miller)  is now the Vice President of MAC, the Manhattan Association of Cabarets and Clubs?

Congratulations, dear DR Julie!

Congrats to Julie!!

Ditto!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2010, 03:03:56 PM »

You are welcome DR JULIE...and thanks to DR JOHNG for the kind words.....

I think you meant DR Jeanne.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2010, 03:09:53 PM »

DR Ginny, the mower guy must really be against that county levy to run over the sign like that  ;)

Glad no one was hurt.

Cillaliz

« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2010, 03:10:58 PM »

Well, the waiting is over.  Ricky has Ringworm and will begin lime/sulfur baths tomorrow.  He has to wear one of those cone collar things.  Poor guy.  He has no idea what he's in for.   And I have to sanitize my whole house.   
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:18:12 PM by Cillaliz »

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: October 18, 2010, 03:11:30 PM »

On the positive side, my whole house will be sanitized.

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: October 18, 2010, 03:11:42 PM »

On the negative side, he'll be locked in that room for weeks

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: October 18, 2010, 03:12:58 PM »

I'm supposed to go to two different meetings tomorrow night.  think I'll get out of both of them.  I can't really leave him home alone stinking like rotton eggs.  He will stink like rotton eggs, btw, oh joy

Cillaliz

« Reply #112 on: October 18, 2010, 03:13:21 PM »

The vet tech will be bathing him.  There is no way I'm going to try it again.

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: October 18, 2010, 03:14:15 PM »

I have to do more research on the medication.  I'm not sure I want to give him something that may do liver damage when he's so young.

Cillaliz

« Reply #114 on: October 18, 2010, 03:14:50 PM »

I still wonder if the previous owner found out he had this and just got rid of him

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: October 18, 2010, 03:15:28 PM »

Better go.....last night before the aroma of rotten eggs will fill my house

George

« Reply #116 on: October 18, 2010, 03:26:23 PM »

~~~Quick Recovery Vibes for DC Ricky!!~~~

~~~Vibes of Coping and Comfort for DR Cillaliz!!~~~

Cillaliz

« Reply #117 on: October 18, 2010, 03:28:22 PM »

Thanks George.  I'm actually glad we've got the diagnosis, he was worse this morning and I want to get the real treatment going.  Have to research the meds though.  They concern me

Laura

« Reply #118 on: October 18, 2010, 03:52:00 PM »

We never did the baths. Once in a while we did a pill. Usually just the ointment.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #119 on: October 18, 2010, 03:52:42 PM »

Glad you finally got a diagnosis, Cillaliz. Even though it's a crappy one.
"That's a lotta hamsters."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up