Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FORGETTING OF THE GREEN  (Read 10279 times)

Ben

Re: THE FORGETTING OF THE GREEN
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2011, 08:41:18 AM »

Now!

Ben

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2011, 08:41:26 AM »

My work here is done.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2011, 09:11:23 AM »

$$$ vibes for Kritzerland Records.

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2011, 09:12:37 AM »

Good morning...I'm here at home, just about to take a shower and then go to work. 

Just had to share. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2011, 09:12:52 AM »

Have a good day, all!

MBarnum

« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2011, 10:00:59 AM »

Yesterday I was wearing green...today I am wearing yellow and blue, for no particular reason.

MBarnum

« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2011, 10:03:39 AM »

TOD:

DVR:
This week's SURIVIVOR and OUTSOURCED and a couple of HIGHWAY PATROL episodes I still need to burn onto DVDr.

Also, I think there are a few Jean Harlow movies recorded.

DVD:
Hmmmm...have been trying to get to some European made Karl May westerns that star Lex Barker, but I keep finding something else more interesting. We shall see.

CD:
A Hawaiian singer named Keali'i Reichel that I got in the dollar bin at the Goodwill Outlet.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2011, 10:09:44 AM »

I'm up again - got two more hours of sleep and would probably have kept sleeping were it not for the phone ringing.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2011, 10:57:06 AM »

Just got an e-mail from the dealer who said it's "not looking good."  He's waiting on some International wires that he was going to use for us, but apparently they didn't arrive because Japan has slowed down all things of that nature.  He'll know more on Monday.  I told him to let me know on Monday but he is going to be as unhappy as I if they don't come through, that much I can guarantee him.

FJL

« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2011, 11:09:12 AM »

Hope it turns around for you, BK.

George

« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2011, 11:21:19 AM »

Hope it turns around for you, BK.

Ditto!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2011, 11:31:21 AM »

I decided I was tired of waiting for my movie passes so I called the corporate office again this morning.  I got a human who told me that she was the person who makes the passes and mails them out and no one has told her who won the pass or where to send it.  She took my name and address and said she will mail it today and it should arrive tomorrow.  She also said she'll make it valid until March 31, 2012.   

Cillaliz

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 11:32:27 AM »

It turns out that it really isn't 4 passes, it's one pass good for 4 people.  So, I told Paul he'll have to go with me.   He loves all sorts of goofy movies I wouldn't like, but for free....well hard not to go see even dumb movies for free.

Cillaliz

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 11:34:31 AM »

Plus Tuesday is dollar popcorn night.  We're considering making Tuesday movie night.

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2011, 11:34:56 AM »

Of course I could always make my own and sneak it in, but it wouldn't taste the same

Cillaliz

« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2011, 11:35:06 AM »

OK, Back to the office....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2011, 12:33:12 PM »

Max Preeo has already alerted the Cast Recording List about CARNIVAL.  Did BK post it here and I missed it?

These Herbert songs sound fabulous!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2011, 12:58:37 PM »

So, THE FIGHTER did arrive.

:)

Also, I went up to a local Blockbuster that is closing and picked up THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO trilogy for $5.99 each.

I hear it is very good.
You can dream…or you can do.

Ben

« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2011, 01:18:25 PM »

No, Larry, he didn't post it. That's nice to know the title.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2011, 01:39:06 PM »

No, Larry, he didn't post it. That's nice to know the title.

I just ordered it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2011, 02:04:10 PM »

John, are you and Druxy going to get together this weekend?

If he calls, we will definitely get together.

I was supposed to be in Scottsdale this weekend, but since I'm not, my schedule is totally open.
If I get back up there, I will give you a call. One day may have been enough for me, though.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2011, 02:21:44 PM »

I can post it now if you all like.  In fact, here it is.  It's 19.98 plus 3.75 shipping paid via paypal to kritzerland at adelphia dot net.  A wonderful recording.

Kritzerland is proud to present our new limited edition CD:

CARNIVAL
Original London Cast Album
Music and Lyrics by Bob Merrill

LOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND

On April 21, 1961, Broadway audiences and critics fell head-over-heels in love with the new musical Carnival.  Produced by David Merrick and adapted from the MGM film Lili by Michael Stewart (from the screenplay by Helen Deutsch, itself adapted from a Paul Gallico short story entitled The Man Who Hated People), the show was directed and choreographed by Gower Champion and had a tuneful and memorable score by Bob Merrill.  The critics raved – in the Daily News, John Chapman wrote that Carnival was “enchantment from the moment the houselights go down.”  And so it was, pure enchantment, despite its darker elements – it ran on Broadway for 719 performances, and had a best-selling original cast recording (which debuted at number one on the Billboard chart) and “Love Makes The World Go Round” became a much-sung song, covered by many of the popular singers of the time.  Carnival was nominated for seven Tony Awards, winning two (one for Alberghetti – in a tie with Diahann Carroll – and one for Will Steven Armstrong’s scenic design). The show had a successful national tour, as well.

It was a no-brainer that such a successful show would receive a London production, and so it did in 1963, opening at the Lyric Theater in February, after playing short engagements in Leeds and Glasgow.  Champion’s staging was recreated by his long-time associate, Lucia Victor, and the cast included Sally Logan, Michael Maurel, Bob Harris, Shirley Sands, Francis de Wolff, Reg Lever, along with James Mitchell recreating his Broadway role.   Just prior to opening, the original London cast recording was made, in hopes that the show would repeat the success it had on Broadway.  Alas, that was not to be the case – the show ran only thirty-four performances.  Why London didn’t embrace the show is anyone’s guess. 

The London cast album is a delight, and features a few little bits not found on the Broadway cast album.  Merrill’s words and music shine, as do the performances – it’s just a wonderful score, musically and lyrically, and wonderfully presented.  Bob Merrill began his songwriting career in the pop world, writing such hits as “If I Knew You Were Comin’ I’d Have Baked A Cake” (with Al Hoffman and Clem Watts), “Mambo Italiano” (recorded by Rosemary Clooney), and his huge hit novelty song “(How Much Is) That Doggie In The Window.”   He also wrote a chart-topper for Jimmie Rodgers, the infectious “Honeycomb.”  He made his Broadway debut as composer and lyricist with New Girl In Town, a musical version of Eugene O’Neill’s Anna Christie, which starred Gwen Verdon, which was followed by Take Me Along.  He provided lyrics to Jule Styne’s music for the smash hit, Funny Girl, which yielded several songs that would go on to become standards.  As composer/lyricist he also wrote Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Henry, Sweet Henry, and The Prince of Grand Street.  With Styne, he also provided lyrics to Sugar, Prettybelle, and The Red Shoes. 

The London cast recording of Carnival was mastered from the original album master tapes housed at EMI in the UK.  Interestingly, some of the song titles are slightly different on the London recording and we’ve opted to use those so that we match the way they were listed on that original LP jacket.

This release is limited to 1000 copies only.   The price is $19.98 plus shipping.

CD will ship by the first week of May – however, preorders placed directly through Kritzerland usually ship one to five weeks earlier (we’ve been averaging four weeks early).   To place an order, see the cover, or hear audio samples, just visit www.kritzerland.com.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2011, 02:23:05 PM »

Back from eggs and bacon.  Went to the mail place and no important envelope because the mail was put on the wrong truck and WHEN they get that sorted out maybe it will be delivered later today and maybe it will come tomorrow.  My worry is these sacks of turd are lying and have lost it and if that's so it's a world of trouble for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2011, 02:33:07 PM »

And let me tell you, we will want to be off this page VERY soon.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2011, 02:34:22 PM »

I am quite tired; I've spent the afternoon, since I toted home two bags of books from the ruins of Toyland working on a play sequence for the 102 songs, started digging out the music to follow with the discs and it's after 5 pm now.

I was thinking about going to Encores! tonight, but I think I'll stay in and get to bed early, then continue the evacuation of the ruins.

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2011, 02:42:44 PM »

Back from a fun afternoon of bookselling.  We have a great selection and there was a steady stream of customers.  In fact, Richard said we had more people in our space that the rest of the mall put together.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2011, 02:58:56 PM »

Ordered!  I love Carnival!  I was in a local production about 12 years ago or so.  I played Jacquot and had a great time. :D

Ginny

« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2011, 03:05:34 PM »

Yesterday I was wearing green...today I am wearing yellow and blue, for no particular reason.

I'm wearing yellow and blue today, too, to cheer on the Michigan Wolverines in the NCAA tournament even though I couldn't watch the game.  They won and will play Duke on Sunday - Go, Blue!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2011, 03:06:10 PM »

Topic of the Day:

In my CD player right now:  the studio cast recording of Just So, then the live concert recording of "A Spoonful of Stiles & Drewe."  I really like both of these recordings.

George

« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2011, 03:12:34 PM »

And speaking of Stiles & Drewe...Betty Blue Eyes Is Cameron Mackintosh's First New Musical in Ten Years

Based on the film "A Private Function," by Alan Bennett, Betty Blue Eyes focuses on Betty, an adorable pig who is being illegally reared to ensure that local dignitaries can celebrate the Royal Wedding (of Queen Elizabeth II) with a lavish banquet, while the local post-war population make do with Spam.

~~~

Mackintosh admitted that, yes, Betty Blue Eyes is "my first gleaming new musical in over 10 years."

What attracted him to it?

"Well, the score was written by friends of mine, George Stiles and Anthony Drewe, who I've known for 25 years and [who,] of course, did all the terrific new songs for Mary Poppins," he told Playbill.com earlier this year.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up