Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: REVENGE OF THE NOTES  (Read 14050 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: REVENGE OF THE NOTES
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2011, 12:58:29 PM »

Dear BK:

Why is it I always come up with a question on Thursday and then forget it by the next Wednesday?

This is actually a known syndrome: The I Came Up With A Question on Thursday But Forgot It By The Next Wednesday syndrome.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2011, 12:58:46 PM »

Back from the four-mile jog and shall now be on my way to a lunch with friends.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2011, 01:25:22 PM »

I did survive Zumba this morning......whew!

It is very overcast, and rain is predicted for tomorrow.

Is that rain or flopsweat?

Sorry, but that one seemed too easy.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2011, 02:00:35 PM »

Well........

I finally Received The Nudie Package

It wasn't Exactly Nudie Since It Came With A T-Shirt !!

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2011, 02:02:16 PM »

Bonne nuit, mes amis!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2011, 02:25:28 PM »

Good morning, all! I have no memories of any dreams last night, I am happy to say, and my day today is quite full: City Center Encores! to visit with Joshie and look at the full socre for 1600 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, lunch and a chat with Rob Berman about some work on the Encores! Gala.

My wonderful brother Randy and sister-in-law and chef par excellence JoAnn gave me for my birthday a Kindle, and I have to get it up and running before they think I don't like it. I'm really lousy with technology and could use some help playing with it, and I really don't know what I want to download! I hate trying to learn something from an instruction manual; I feel as though the manual and the illustrations are speaking Esperanto and I'm waiting for the translator to show up.

DR FJL, This is a belated happy anniversary wish! You and Skip are the best, and I dropped the ball yesterday. Hopefully this will give you the excuse to celebrate another day.

DR ELMOORE

how close, if it all, is the recording of the score under the title A White House Cantana to the original verson.

I also have other recordings that may or not use the original orchestrations.

Bruce Hubbard (Seena from For You, For Me)
Judy Kaye (Duet For One & Take Care Of This House from 2 different recordings: Broadway Showstoppers &  Where Or Where)

and three songs on Leonard Bernstein Revisited which I pretty sure do NOT sue the original orchestrations
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2011, 02:27:02 PM »

Well........

I finally Received The Nudie Package

It wasn't Exactly Nudie Since It Came With A T-Shirt !!

Mine hasn't arrived yet, but since DR Arnold lives nearby I hopefully will get mine tomorrow.
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »

Good morning, all! I have no memories of any dreams last night, I am happy to say, and my day today is quite full: City Center Encores! to visit with Joshie and look at the full socre for 1600 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE, lunch and a chat with Rob Berman about some work on the Encores! Gala.

My wonderful brother Randy and sister-in-law and chef par excellence JoAnn gave me for my birthday a Kindle, and I have to get it up and running before they think I don't like it. I'm really lousy with technology and could use some help playing with it, and I really don't know what I want to download! I hate trying to learn something from an instruction manual; I feel as though the manual and the illustrations are speaking Esperanto and I'm waiting for the translator to show up.

DR FJL, This is a belated happy anniversary wish! You and Skip are the best, and I dropped the ball yesterday. Hopefully this will give you the excuse to celebrate another day.

DR ELMOORE

how close, if it all, is the recording of the score under the title A White House Cantana to the original verson.

Judy Kaye (Duet For One & Take Care Of This House from 2 different recordings: Broadway Showstoppers &  Where Or Where)

and three songs on Leonard Bernstein Revisited which I pretty sure do NOT sue the original orchestrations

McGlinn recorded "Duet For One" and "President Jefferson March" with hte original orchestrations. He clearly loved the sgow; in his estate there were about five different complete performances on CD. "Take Care of This House" as a concert songappears to be the original orchestration as well.

I do not know the score and its many changes well enough to comment on its reincarnation as "The While House Suite." I know there are cuts in the score, but I believe it uses the original orchestrations by Hershy and Sid.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 03:10:42 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2011, 02:49:13 PM »

My hiking group took an extra nice hike today to Union Creek.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2011, 02:53:42 PM »

Almost the same but I can't decide which I like best.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2011, 02:59:47 PM »

Here's an excerpt from the Playbill article listing the particulars about the reading BK saw last night.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/155387-Reading-of-Terrence-McNallys-Some-Men-with-Maxwell-Caulfield-Robert-Gant-Presented-Oct-11

Dammit!  Terrence McNally stole my latest script.  That is the last time I trust him to read my final draft.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2011, 03:02:43 PM »

Jane, you did post the same picture twice. ::)

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Michael

« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2011, 03:07:40 PM »

DR ELMOORE

McGlinn recorded "Duet For One" and "Presidnt Jefferson March" with hte original orchestrations. He clearly loved the sgow; in his estate there were about five different complete performances on CD. "Take Care of This House" as a concert songappears to be the original orchestration as well.

I do not know the score and its many changes well enough to comment on its reincarnation as "The While House Suite." I know there are cuts in the score, but I believe it uses the original orchestrations by Hershy and Sid.

Thanks
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2011, 03:11:03 PM »

Here's an excerpt from the Playbill article listing the particulars about the reading BK saw last night.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/155387-Reading-of-Terrence-McNallys-Some-Men-with-Maxwell-Caulfield-Robert-Gant-Presented-Oct-11

Dammit!  Terrence McNally stole my latest script.  That is the last time I trust him to read my final draft.

Always a bridesmaid . . .
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2011, 03:13:35 PM »

Elmore, I would recommend going to Amazon.Com and search the Kindle Store for free books.  There are a lot of classic books that are available for free, and that way you can play around with the book and the Kindle without worrying about screwing things up and deleting the book.

Click on this web site for some fairly helpful instructions.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200375510

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2011, 03:14:49 PM »

Lar, there are some videos at Amazon about setting up your Kindle. Perhaps they will help.

Kindle Set Up/Start Up

I would offer to help but I have a Sony. I don't know that they are that different  but who knows.

If you haven't yet charged your Kindle I would start there since it can take 4-6 hours to charge the device.

Sorry, I should have read a few more posts before I started offering help.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2011, 03:16:01 PM »

I recently bought a new phone and today sent my first text message to a friend reminding her of when we are due to meet. Unfortunately I seem to have inadvertently sent the message to everyone in my phone book, including friends, businesses, dentist etc. How embarrassing!! Goodness knows what they will make of the message. I just hope they don't all turn up.

So you are the one that sent me that text.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2011, 03:21:08 PM »

Now this is a new - and effective(?) - approach to promoting monthly self-exams for breast cancer:

Rethink Breast Cancer presents: Your Man Reminder

*This may or may not be NSFW. ;)

Oh my!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2011, 03:22:58 PM »

Didn't get lost at all yesterday, JMK. But I still have 3 days left.

Why?  Did you stay in the hotel all day?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 04:05:37 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #79 on: October 12, 2011, 03:32:46 PM »

I have skimmed through LOST HORIZON twice now and have yet to find this supposed Kellerman-Kennedy reprise of "Living Together, Growing Together."  There IS a reprise of the tune, right after the Fertility Dance (oy),but it's choral.  Interestingly, the underscore in two Kennedy-Kellerman scenes is indeed "Living Together," and one scene (right before Kennedy's irrigation system is revealed) has a rather abrupt edit, so perhaps there was a reprise there.

Yes, these are the sorts of things I spend my day trying to figure out.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: October 12, 2011, 03:51:45 PM »

Back from a fun lunch.  In a couple of hours I'll go help pick up the camera equipment.  I'm not going to get much writing done today.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: October 12, 2011, 03:58:10 PM »

Elmore, I would recommend going to Amazon.Com and search the Kindle Store for free books.  There are a lot of classic books that are available for free, and that way you can play around with the book and the Kindle without worrying about screwing things up and deleting the book.

Click on this web site for some fairly helpful instructions.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200375510

Thank you, DR TCB! JoAnn and I are going to talk over the weekend about getting the Kindle registered. She's downloaded 15 books so far.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: October 12, 2011, 03:59:20 PM »

Did you stay in the hotel all day?

Where's Darma, Dama, whatever? Has he exhausted Mikey's bank account yet?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: October 12, 2011, 04:08:08 PM »

Did you stay in the hotel all day?

Where's Darma, Dama, whatever? Has he exhausted Mikey's bank account yet?

Probably in the first half hour.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2011, 04:27:20 PM »

I saw this sign the other day.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2011, 04:37:58 PM »

From Cilla:
My new cable phone has a cool feature.  Voicemail to email.  So if someone leaves a message on my home phone it's sent to my email as a voice file.  Cool.

Very cool!  We briefly had that when we had Sprint.  It was the only thing I missed about them.  We tend to forget to check if we have messages & could really use that option.

Jane

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2011, 04:42:21 PM »

If you haven't yet charged your Kindle I would start there

This made me chuckle ;)

Jane

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2011, 04:43:07 PM »

I recently bought a new phone and today sent my first text message to a friend reminding her of when we are due to meet. Unfortunately I seem to have inadvertently sent the message to everyone in my phone book, including friends, businesses, dentist etc. How embarrassing!! Goodness knows what they will make of the message. I just hope they don't all turn up.

This made me laugh out loud.  VIBES ONLY THE PROPER PERSON RESPONDS!

Jane

« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2011, 04:47:07 PM »

Jane, you did post the same picture twice. ::)

:)

Let me try this again.  I got a phone call & have been busy since I posted.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »

Can you tell the difference?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up