Ben

Re: RAIN
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2012, 10:47:24 AM »

Gorgeous flower!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2012, 10:47:51 AM »

The legendary reggae artist Jimmy Cliff. Love the yellow shoes and purple socks. Plus, his performance was great. He still has it.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2012, 10:49:04 AM »

Rachael Ray and her husband enjoying Jimmy Cliff's music.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2012, 10:50:10 AM »

DR FJL we could never find it either.....I was looking at clips from THE NERD.....a very funny play.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

John G.

« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2012, 10:50:31 AM »

Jimmy Cliff on stage with Rachael Ray off to the sidelines.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2012, 10:51:32 AM »

Cris Alexander, who was in the original casts of ON THE TOWN - and Bernstein recording - and AUNTIE MAME (film and play) died on March 7 at the ageof 92.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2012, 11:34:20 AM »

Breakfast:

(Long gone are the Wonder Bread, Peter Pan, Welsh’s Grape Jelly days of my youth!)

DR Jane might approve.

der Brucer

This is my “Premium” PB&J

The everyday version would be toasted sourdough or whole wheat bread with lo-Fat Skippy Peanut Butter, and Smucker’s Seedless Red Raspberry Preserves

I definitely approve.  IMHO the lo-fat Skippy isn't any better for you than the regular.  I believe it has equal amount of calories & more sugar.  The fat isn't trans-fat.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2012, 11:39:13 AM »

Well, I finally got the sleep I've been craving - ten hours of it.  Man, that felt GOOD.  I'm up now.  As to Jose, I saw him twice, both times he said he'd post and he hasn't.  He hasn't even responded to an e-mail I sent him asking an unrelated question.  As I've said frequently, there are times I simply don't understand people, but that's just me, I suppose.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2012, 11:42:41 AM »

Yes, it seems that A Man and a Woman should have all been left in bloody English - the 'un' 'une' is my stupidity for just copying what was written on the tape boxes, where it was un.  Either that or I was just blind to the "e" which is doubtful.  Oh, well - stuff happens.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2012, 11:48:59 AM »

Nice photos DR JOHN G.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2012, 11:53:15 AM »

Lately, my PB&J's have been made with JIF and strawberry preserves.

I LOVE strawberry preserves on toasted muffins.

I prefer Welch's grape jelly on my PB&J's, though.  It's how I was first introduced to them.  And the jelly came in Howdy Doody glasses.  I had one for Howdy, Clarabelle and Mayor Bluster, IIRC.

My mother liked her English preserves.  I don't even remember eating grape jelly at home.  The only jelly I've ever liked was Smuckers mixed berry.  Knotts had a good plum preserve or jam, can't remember & it was discontinued years & years ago.

Jane

« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2012, 11:54:40 AM »

It seems I'm destined to be more a "Guest" and less a "Poster".

While Woody is hogging taking his fair share of time at the computer, I've taken to brousing HHW.

The problem is that HHW is unintentionally Smarrt Phone hostile.
The problem lies in both lay-out and man-machine interface.

Problems:

The left-side containing the poster data (avatar, stats, etc) eats up a lot of the post area; when you scroll right to see more test you lose the ID of the poster - and even in landscape mode with the screen scrolled right to chop off the User data, there are still many messages that run-off screen (Sites that have Mbile versions either have smaller margins are provide automatic text wrappinbg based on viewing area. Think of the Smart-Phone viewing experincing just like when HHW is driven into CinemaScope.

To execute page jumps, one must scroll eith all the way up or all the way down, then greatly enlarge the viewing area until the page numbers are large enough to press-select.

When trying to respond with quote, one is presented with a very small window in which to edit (remember, over half the Smart-Phone Screen is taken up by the keyboard display when posting.

None of these problems are insurmountable - they just add up to a very cumbersome interaction.

der Brucer

On the plus side - the posted photos are gorgeous in Smart-Phone HDTV resolution!

Sounds like my trying to post using the Nook. 

Jane

« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2012, 12:02:19 PM »

vixmom Quote " jelly is what we know as jello or gelatin here - Doug it is a peanut buttter and what you ight call "jam" sandwich - traditionally here we use grape - what we call jam I think you call preserves"

That explains a lot. My idea of jelly is what you know as jello, which would make very soggy sandwiches! In Britain preserves and jam are the same thing.

No wonder the thought of jelly sandwiches made you laugh.

Robertson's sells both jam & preserves.  I always found preserves to be thicker than jam with more of the seeds of the fruit.  Their marmalade was my mother's favorite.

I still have a couple of Golliwog pins.  I'm sorry most of them were lost during moves.  I have a couple of knitted Golliwog dolls my mother made.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2012, 12:03:15 PM »

I was watching "Paris When it Sizzles" which I had never seen before. What a total misfire! Audrey Hepburn and William Holden can usually do no wrong for me but they were saddled with an appalling, stupid script and William Holden in particular seemed completely miscast and over-forced the comedy.

Yup, it was a bit silly.

Jane

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2012, 12:07:31 PM »

As Kerry said, we did indeed get some rain overnight. Not quite the .67 inches they were talking about. More like .16. But rain nonetheless. This will hold us until monsoon comes in August.

:)

Jane

« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2012, 12:08:40 PM »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2012, 12:13:15 PM »

DR DOUG R - I think that movie gave credit to Hubert Givenchy for not only Audrey's wardrobe, but also her perfume.

Danise

« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2012, 12:42:52 PM »

Hi all.  Sorry I didn't post yesterday.  I went to the ren fest with a friend of mine and by the time I got home I was so tired I just wanted to go lay down.  I had a blast, as always. The annual Ren Fest is something I look forward to every year.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2012, 01:01:04 PM »

Sirius XM just played a John Williams theme and for the life of me I can't remember what film it came from.  And the XM "title" thingy (technical term) wasn't working.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2012, 01:01:43 PM »

I just remembered, I think:  Jurassic Park.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2012, 01:04:11 PM »

Well you shipwreck fans may not have TITANIC, but the Blu-ray.com review of A NIGHT TO REMEMBER is up.

Ginny

« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2012, 01:07:14 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima, where I caused a little commotion.  After the service and coffee hour, Fr. Richard and the mission committee had a meeting and I was sitting in the lobby reading my book.  The woman who'd hosted coffee hour today was cleaning up in the kitchen and called for me to help her get the top off the coffee pot.  As I charged across the fellowship hall, my heel hit a slippery tile and I went down, crashing into the furniture on my way.  I'm sure it sounded worse than it was and I wouldn't let Judy interrupt the meeting.  My left arm took the brunt and I have bruises developing on my upper arm, forearm, wrist, and pinkie.  I may have our family doctor check me out tomorrow, just to be on the safe side.

Other than that, it was a delightfully smooth trip up and back...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2012, 01:23:27 PM »

My left arm took the brunt and I have bruises developing on my upper arm, forearm, wrist, and pinkie.  I may have our family doctor check me out tomorrow, just to be on the safe side.

You needn't make cover-up stories to protect Richard - we all watch Law & Order and know all about spousal abuse.

der Brucer

At least you can pass pass for a victim of spousal abuse; I'm now in the category of the much less glamorous "elder abuse".

For now all my injuries are the result of "pawsal abuse".
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

John G.

« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2012, 01:30:29 PM »

What I discovered in my back yard this afternoon.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2012, 01:33:29 PM »

Speaking of typos: I found a book in Austin called "The Musical Theatre: A Celebration" and the front cover says it was written by Alan J. Lerner. The back cover, at least, as Alan Jay Lerner.
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2012, 01:33:35 PM »

DR der Brucer, unfortunately most of my bruises are self-inflicted  ::)
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2012, 01:34:16 PM »

Beautiful white rose, DR John G!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2012, 01:40:09 PM »

Is this Wed-Sun Day?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2012, 01:42:12 PM »

Breakfast:

My grown-up version of PB&J

Toasted Challah
Skippy Toasted Honey Nut Creamy Peanut Butter
Dickenson’s Seedless Black Raspberry Preserves

(Long gone are the Wonder Bread, Peter Pan, Welsh’s Grape Jelly days of my youth!)

DR Jane might approve.

der Brucer

This is my “Premium” PB&J

The everyday version would be toasted sourdough or whole wheat bread with lo-Fat Skippy Peanut Butter, and Smucker’s Seedless Red Raspberry Preserves

Skippy Toasted Honey Nut Creamy Peanut Butter

I will have to look for that at the store.  It sounds really good.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2012, 01:42:49 PM »

One more.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up