Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOLLYWOOD WAY  (Read 9686 times)

ChasSmith

Re: THE HOLLYWOOD WAY
« Reply #90 on: May 17, 2012, 03:20:03 PM »

MBarnum

« Reply #91 on: May 17, 2012, 03:27:28 PM »

DR ChasSmith, your are fitting in here quite well!  ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #92 on: May 17, 2012, 03:30:42 PM »

TOD:

So many that I love:

ATTACK OF THE PUPPET PEOPLE

INVASION OF THE SAUCER MEN

WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST

TARGET EARTH

I MARRIED A MONSTER FROM OUTER SPACE

EARTH VS THE SPIDER

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (not sure if this one would be considered low budget. The leads were of a higher class than the others listed, to be sure).

....all are movies that I watch regularly and never tire of.

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: May 17, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »

DR Ginny, I definitely want to see you and Richard. My week is technically open, but a lot of my schedule depends on Joshie and the DEAREST ENEMY orchestra parts, which must be printed and taped ASAP while I still have an office space to work.

OK, I'll call you when we get settled into the hotel Sunday evening.

Continued office vibes!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: May 17, 2012, 03:31:54 PM »

I'm off to pick up Emilie and meet with our book group to discuss THE HUNGER GAMES - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #95 on: May 17, 2012, 03:49:16 PM »

Of course Leap of Faith will be recorded - the producers, who've already lost, what, ten million dollars, are now going to spend another quarter of a million on a recording.  Knowing composers as I do, the one person who won't be putting any money up will be the person who did the tweeting.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #96 on: May 17, 2012, 03:52:30 PM »

This story held me in awe from almost the first word. The possibilities of how this could help people who are paralyzed is just incredible.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/paralyzed-woman-moves-robotic-arm-with-her-thoughts/2012/05/16/gIQAd52hUU_story.html

Talk about amazing...it's almost "The Girl Who Was Plugged In" for real!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2012, 03:52:57 PM »

The meetng was three hours long but very profitable. Thank you for the vibes. Toyland is still rubble, but I feel more like a survivor of the original novel "War of the Worlds"or the Blitz than Gloria Swanson.

In the next month a movng crew will come in and tote to Cambridge 40-50 cartons of edits, scores, and not much else. Whatever is left behind needs to be discarded, given away or sold, I'm hoping, if we get our office, that we can purchase the shelving, copiers,and furniture.

Keep them office vibes coming!

~~~CONTINUED OFFICE VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2012, 04:02:08 PM »

DR Ginny, I definitely want to see you and Richard. My week is technically open, but a lot of my schedule depends on Joshie and the DEAREST ENEMY orchestra parts, which must be printed and taped ASAP while I still have an office space to work.

Continued office vibes!

I just spoke to Joshie, and on Tuesday theyre recording GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES. That might be a good day. Got your tickets to ONCE?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #99 on: May 17, 2012, 04:18:10 PM »

Forever Plaid found that out but quick.

My next door neighbor in Los Angeles produced that, and they can't seem to give it away.

I laughed :)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2012, 04:26:27 PM »

The more I think about this "Lucky Stiff" film, the more I'm saddened.  Then I was reminded about the up and coming "Into the Woods" film and I'm even more saddened.  Both are such a lousy idea for the exact reasons bk (and others) have mentioned.  Now, a "Seussical - The Musical" ANIMATED Film would kick some major behind, as Dr Seuss is still taught in schools.  Who CARES about "Lucky Stiff" (besides us that know it well and have produced a recording or md'd a production) just like no one CARES about "Forever Plaid".  Heck, that movie isn't even a good resource when producing the show!

To contradict everything I've said here, I am waiting patiently for the "Sunset Blvd" musical film.  Which seems to be always in discussion.  With the following the piece has, (like Phantom or Love Never Dies) it will at least be seen.  It may stink, but people will go see it.  A whole lot more people than that that will see "Lucky Stiff". 

and.... scene.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2012, 04:51:37 PM »

Just read that Donna Summer has died.

Whew.....lots of time spent dancing to her music!
Me, too. That double live album of hers got a lot of play on my turntable.

That was probably my favorite album when it first came out (and long before I did ;)).  I bought the CD a few years ago and even after not hearing it for years, I still knew all the songs and transitions and most of the lyrics.

You had an allbum come out?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 05:01:26 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2012, 04:55:10 PM »

Forever Plaid found that out but quick.

My next door neighbor in Los Angeles produced that, and they can't seem to give it away.

Exactly.  They all think they're gonna strike it rich, but the market is not what it was and low-budget films of that budget range almost always lose everything.  Twenty years ago, completely different story.
Well, they did a lot wrong with that movie. It was filmed in a theater. The actors, three of whom were in the original cast, had way toooooo much makeup on and their skin looked orange (in a very distracting way), and there was something lethargic about the whole film. I remember enjoying "Forever Plaid" and laughing out loud quite a few times in a theater, but nothing was all that lively, original or even fun on the big screen. It just sat there, like so much fish, to quote a master.

That was kind of my elusive point - it was a stupid idea to film as if it were a film.  They thought because it was low-budget (i.e. around a million bucks) that they couldn't lose and would probably make a big chunk of change.  But we're not in that world anymore, and no one cared and it was horribly done.  What will be different about Lucky Stiff?  This is some amateur's idea of what would make an inexpensive film musical - no one knows this show - NO ONE, and therefore it will fail completely.  It's nice that someone has a million bucks to throw at something that will be shot digitally and assembled, but in the end if they find someone gullible it may get to play a week somewhere in one city, and then it's straight to cable and Blu-ray.

Gosh, I hate the show LUCKY STIFF.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »

The meetng was three hours long but very profitable. Thank you for the vibes. Toyland is still rubble, but I feel more like a survivor of the original novel "War of the Worlds"or the Blitz than Gloria Swanson.

In the next month a movng crew will come in and tote to Cambridge 40-50 cartons of edits, scores, and not much else. Whatever is left behind needs to be discarded, given away or sold, I'm hoping, if we get our office, that we can purchase the shelving, copiers,and furniture.

Office vibes for DR elmore!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2012, 05:16:06 PM »

There has been a dearth of Mexican restaurants on the Upper West Side, but I've discovered a new place on 72nd that has fabulous burritos and beans and rice. It was quite deelish.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2012, 05:16:40 PM »

Keep those office vibes coming! It's looking good.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2012, 05:42:14 PM »

Good news DR ELMORE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2012, 05:42:59 PM »

Careful DR TCB - I think we're in the minority around here.  Ahrens & Flaherty are the new Rodgers & Hammerstein.

George

« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2012, 05:50:29 PM »

I'm off!  Tonight will be Good Night Moon's final dress rehearsal and there will be a preview audience.  I hope I don't screw up. ;)

Be back later!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2012, 05:56:46 PM »

Very exciting e-mail just received.  It looks like we'll be doing the soundtrack to the first season of the original Swedish series Wallander.  You have no idea how happy this makes me.  It took some doing - I began thinking about this a month ago - but it looks like it's a go according to composer Adam Norden, who happily retained the rights to his music.

Congratulations!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2012, 06:08:34 PM »

Break a leg DR GEORGE......

My auditions are this weekend and by this time next week I will also be in rehearsal.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2012, 06:36:38 PM »

Break a leg DR GEORGE......

My auditions are this weekend and by this time next week I will also be in rehearsal.

Ditto to George and

Good luck with the auditions!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2012, 06:53:36 PM »

Time for to go to bed.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »

Thank you DR JANE.

Jane

« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2012, 07:04:40 PM »

I had a long day doing errands & am drained from the last week.

'night

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2012, 07:34:31 PM »

DR Vixmom, no, yesterday's office visit was quite inconclusive for Mom, but thanks for asking.  There really is NO good solution to her problem.  We went grocery shopping for her afterwards and that always makes her feel better.

Did you stop at the liquor store?

Not this time, DR TCB.  One of her neighbors had already helped her out in that respect!

Ginny

« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2012, 07:38:52 PM »

Continued office vibes!

I just spoke to Joshie, and on Tuesday theyre recording GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES. That might be a good day. Got your tickets to ONCE?

Perfect!  Tuesday is better for us than Monday.  Our only definite plans that day are HARVEY at Studio 54 at 8pm.

I'm looking at the Wednesday matinee for ONCE.  We'll go to the box office with the discount offer I printed from Playbill.com and hope for the best. 

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2012, 07:40:04 PM »

'night!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2012, 08:27:03 PM »

~~~CONTINUED OFFICE VIBES FOR DR ELMORE!!~~~
Many more vibes.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2012, 08:27:19 PM »

One more.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up