Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DANISH AND THE SWEDISH - TOGETHER AGAIN  (Read 9286 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: THE DANISH AND THE SWEDISH - TOGETHER AGAIN
« Reply #90 on: May 30, 2012, 04:18:36 PM »

Page three???  Perhaps if I mention the title that I may be able to give the Kritzerland remix treatment to that will get some posting going?  I do know Jane is not with us, but still...

So, while this is not 100% yet (the licensing has been cleared and they have the original eight-track session tapes - we're just trying to figure out how to get them to me - whether they do the work in making a Pro Tools session or whether we do) - the big question will be HOW this was recorded and how much separation there is between band and vocalists, but I think we're going to at least try it - it's generally considered to be one of the most frustrating cast albums ever released, not only because of the many cuts to the score (which we can do nothing about) but because the mix was done hastily and has always sounded weird and pretty bad.  The frustrating part is the cast, which will never be bettered and therefore this is still the definitive cast album for this title even with its flaws.  That said - if I can remix and smooth it out and make it at least sound much better, then it's worth doing, don't you think?

Can anyone guess the title?

FOLLIES, a lousy recordng of a production that's never been topped by any other production since.

That's what I was thinking, too, Larry.

That was my first thought, also.

Still hoping for the London 1776, though. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: May 30, 2012, 04:18:37 PM »

I have to finish reading a play tonight. Please keep the vibes going for Zach. 26 is too young to fight cancer.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #92 on: May 30, 2012, 04:19:17 PM »

Page three???  Perhaps if I mention the title that I may be able to give the Kritzerland remix treatment to that will get some posting going?  I do know Jane is not with us, but still...

So, while this is not 100% yet (the licensing has been cleared and they have the original eight-track session tapes - we're just trying to figure out how to get them to me - whether they do the work in making a Pro Tools session or whether we do) - the big question will be HOW this was recorded and how much separation there is between band and vocalists, but I think we're going to at least try it - it's generally considered to be one of the most frustrating cast albums ever released, not only because of the many cuts to the score (which we can do nothing about) but because the mix was done hastily and has always sounded weird and pretty bad.  The frustrating part is the cast, which will never be bettered and therefore this is still the definitive cast album for this title even with its flaws.  That said - if I can remix and smooth it out and make it at least sound much better, then it's worth doing, don't you think?

Can anyone guess the title?

FOLLIES, a lousy recordng of a production that's never been topped by any other production since.

That's what I was thinking, too, Larry.
And my vote to the mix. But it could be so many. "The Baker's Wife," for example.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Danise

« Reply #93 on: May 30, 2012, 04:19:19 PM »

Evening all!  I hope all travelers are at their destination of choice, safe and happy!

Vibes to one and all as well! 

I mentioned that special pillow the other day.   I decided that I  wanted to try  the queen size--just to see if there was any difference. Well. I fell in love with it too.  I could take the standard size back but made another decision to keep it as well.  I think it will make an excellent travel pillow and I can also use it when I go for my sleep studies.  It says it is a standard size but it's smaller than that.  Plenty of room in my standard pillow cases so it will be easy to pack when the next trip comes around.  Oddly enough, the queen size (while somewhat bigger) still fits the standard size pillow case as well.

I can't believe the difference in my sleep.  It's only been a week but I am so rested.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

« Reply #94 on: May 30, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »

Vibes for Zach.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Danise

« Reply #95 on: May 30, 2012, 04:20:21 PM »

I have to finish reading a play tonight. Please keep the vibes going for Zach. 26 is too young to fight cancer.

Super vibes, Zach's way, DR Elmore.  Super and Super and Super!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

George

« Reply #96 on: May 30, 2012, 04:20:58 PM »

Do you all remember my friend Lou Ann's son Zach? He's been in and out of hospital with lymphoma. They thought he was in remission but the doctors called him back to Houston for more tests.  His family is in fear that the tests will prove the cancer wasn't completely caught. He could sure use some mega vibes and prayers! I'll start.

~~~Additional Vibes for Zach!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #97 on: May 30, 2012, 04:21:20 PM »

I had a nice call last night from a journalist in India who writes for a "prominent daily" (as she put it). She wanted to interview me regarding my Bollywood blog and my interest in Hindi films...Indians are always very surprised to find Americans who like Bollywood.

It was a fun interview, even if very little of what I said was used. And some of what I said was misquoted (I really haven't seen a thousand Hindi films, not yet, and I don't know the Hindi language quite as well as the article makes it sound)...but it is a fun read and I am certainly honored that anyone would want to call clear across the world to get my input on the subject  :)  And the interviewer was very sweet and complimentary.

You can read the article online here, if you like: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/desi-films-foreign-fans/955763/

My blog, which is mentioned in the article, is here, if you are curious: www.pedrotheapebomb.wordpress.com
I look forward to looking at both later tonight.
― Voltaire

Danise

« Reply #98 on: May 30, 2012, 04:21:33 PM »

I had a nice call last night from a journalist in India who writes for a "prominent daily" (as she put it). She wanted to interview me regarding my Bollywood blog and my interest in Hindi films...Indians are always very surprised to find Americans who like Bollywood.

It was a fun interview, even if very little of what I said was used. And some of what I said was misquoted (I really haven't seen a thousand Hindi films, not yet, and I don't know the Hindi language quite as well as the article makes it sound)...but it is a fun read and I am certainly honored that anyone would want to call clear across the world to get my input on the subject  :)  And the interviewer was very sweet and complimentary.

You can read the article online here, if you like: http://www.indianexpress.com/news/desi-films-foreign-fans/955763/

My blog, which is mentioned in the article, is here, if you are curious: www.pedrotheapebomb.wordpress.com
  Congrats, DR MBarnum!!!!!  That was very nice to read.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

MBarnum

« Reply #99 on: May 30, 2012, 04:24:37 PM »

Thanks DRs George and Danise! And a pre-thanks to DR JohnG!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2012, 04:37:09 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Travel vibes to Jane & Keith, John G, and Ben and Ant.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2012, 04:38:02 PM »

Telephone exchange:

VErmont

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2012, 04:41:32 PM »

Oresund Bridge:

Very interesting shot! But is there anything ON the island? Ie, why would anyone go there??

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2012, 04:45:12 PM »

Indians are always very surprised to find Americans who like Bollywood.

Americans are even more surprised.   ;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: May 30, 2012, 04:45:56 PM »

Seriously, I didn't know you had a blog, Mike. It looks so YOU!!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2012, 04:47:10 PM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mega Super Health  Vibes for Zach! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ditto!

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: May 30, 2012, 04:49:30 PM »

Oh, and congrats on the interview, Mike.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: May 30, 2012, 04:51:40 PM »

To add to the Danish and the Swedish, I'm trying to persuade BK to watch the Norwegian LILLYHAMMER.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: May 30, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »

TTFN.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: May 30, 2012, 04:55:29 PM »

Follies it is - keep all digits crossed, but if we can do what we did to Sugar with this one, I'm hoping we can finally bring forth at least a decent sounding CD.

MBarnum

« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2012, 04:58:43 PM »

Thanks DR Jeanne, it was fun to be the interviewee for a change!

MBarnum

« Reply #111 on: May 30, 2012, 04:58:58 PM »

Many, many, many vibes for Zach!!!!!!

George

« Reply #112 on: May 30, 2012, 05:08:36 PM »

Follies it is - keep all digits crossed, but if we can do what we did to Sugar with this one, I'm hoping we can finally bring forth at least a decent sounding CD.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

ChasSmith

« Reply #113 on: May 30, 2012, 05:24:50 PM »

Good evening.  You could hear a pin drop in here earlier today.

VIBES to Zach, to all DR travelers, and to any other what needs 'em.

ChasSmith

« Reply #114 on: May 30, 2012, 05:26:50 PM »

Dare I say I just watched... WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST ?

Now just calm down, everybody!

Ginny

« Reply #115 on: May 30, 2012, 05:33:08 PM »

Do you all remember my friend Lou Ann's son Zach? He's been in and out of hospital with lymphoma. They thought he was in remission but the doctors called him back to Houston for more tests.  His family is in fear that the tests will prove the cancer wasn't completely caught. He could sure use some mega vibes and prayers! I'll start.

Oh, dear, I think we know his grandfather, right?  Prayers for Zach!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #116 on: May 30, 2012, 05:36:40 PM »

Vibes for Bk's Follies!   
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: May 30, 2012, 05:36:55 PM »

Seriously, I didn't know you had a blog, Mike. It looks so YOU!!

I didn't know, either!  Congratulations, DR MBarnum!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #118 on: May 30, 2012, 05:37:25 PM »

Did you know that if you do a spell check with my name it will try to change it to Danish?   
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

ChasSmith

« Reply #119 on: May 30, 2012, 05:42:18 PM »

VIBES for Follies!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up