Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FIREWORKS  (Read 12823 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: FIREWORKS
« Reply #90 on: July 04, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »

4?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: July 04, 2012, 12:10:40 PM »

Had several e-mails this morning, including one from my close personal friend, Mr. Stephen Sondheim.  He liked the notes, they were a bit too effusive for his tastes (tough), and took exception to my saying that Cabaret really was the show that pushed the form in the 1960s.  He cited Anyone Can Whistle (of course) and while it's true, Cabaret had one distinction - it was a hit.  And he thought I should add some examples of other shows that pushed the form from earlier decades, even though I say that every decade had shows that pushed the form - to call out specifics, which I'd done originally, seemed a little pedantic to me, but maybe I'll add a few examples. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: July 04, 2012, 12:11:03 PM »

The partay thing has gotten too convoluted for me, so I'm just going to hang out here, I guess.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: July 04, 2012, 12:27:45 PM »

I decided to have fried eggs for breakfast / brunch, then I will have a hamburger for dinner; and it will all get together later in my stomach.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: July 04, 2012, 12:29:30 PM »

Boy, I even scared  BK away.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: July 04, 2012, 12:29:55 PM »

I wonder who the 1 Guest might be?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: July 04, 2012, 12:33:29 PM »

I'm here, I'm here.  Funnily, Sondheim made some grammar and syntax correction suggestions but forgot to attach the document so I have no idea what they are.  Maybe he thinks it all just shows up in Word? :)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2012, 12:33:50 PM »

T.O.D.

Ask BK Day

I enjoy watching the videos on YouTube.  I am wondering why, with all our technical advances, in so many of the videos the voices don't match the picture?  I can't imagine that they were that way on the source viideo / DVD.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2012, 12:35:54 PM »

I just ate some eggs, sausage and toast. 

Which brings me back to the subject of fried eggs on hamburgers.  Something I used to order for breakfast in L.A. coffee shops was, instead of bacon or sausage, a hamburger patty and eggs.  If I recall, it's often on the menu out there, whereas I don't think I've ever seen it elsewhere.  But it's really good, as long as the hamburger itself is good, and of course it's a simple matter to place one of your fried eggs on the patty and have at it.  Very yummy.
We have one place here that calls a burger with a fried egg on it a dirty burger. The egg is a dollar extra. Their slogan: Get dirty for a buck.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: July 04, 2012, 12:36:05 PM »

I'm here, I'm here.  Funnily, Sondheim made some grammar and syntax correction suggestions but forgot to attach the document so I have no idea what they are.  Maybe he thinks it all just shows up in Word? :)

I hope he didn't use a red pencil.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: July 04, 2012, 12:36:45 PM »

I just ate some eggs, sausage and toast. 

Which brings me back to the subject of fried eggs on hamburgers.  Something I used to order for breakfast in L.A. coffee shops was, instead of bacon or sausage, a hamburger patty and eggs.  If I recall, it's often on the menu out there, whereas I don't think I've ever seen it elsewhere.  But it's really good, as long as the hamburger itself is good, and of course it's a simple matter to place one of your fried eggs on the patty and have at it.  Very yummy.
We have one place here that calls a burger with a fried egg on it a dirty burger. The egg is a dollar extra. Their slogan: Get dirty for a buck.

Ahh, yes, those were the days!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: July 04, 2012, 12:42:35 PM »

Tacoma's Freedom Fair, down on the waterfront, is an all-day food, fun, music, and air show event that ends tonight with the fireworks display at around 10:15 p. m.  Since it is an all-day event, I was a bit surprised when the military jets decided to do there demonstration (very loudly)  at ten o'clock this morning.  Unless that was their dress rehearsal, which doesn't bode well for later today.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 12:49:40 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: July 04, 2012, 12:53:46 PM »

Back from a quick run to Barnes & Noble to make a return and pick up a copy of the Eyewitness Guide to London, which I need for 3 reasons:

1)  My book group is having a London Roundabout this month, which means that we each choose our own book about or set in London,
2)  I thought it would come in handy while watching the upcoming Summer Olympics, and
3)  We're about 90% sure we'll be going to England in January for Richard to study for a week at Norwich Cathedral and we'll "bookend" that with stays in London!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: July 04, 2012, 12:54:41 PM »

In the early days of our local Middfest International festival, there was an Australian food booth that sold a burger with a fried egg on it as an Aussie-burger.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #104 on: July 04, 2012, 12:55:25 PM »

Back from a quick run to Barnes & Noble to make a return and pick up a copy of the Eyewitness Guide to London, which I need for 3 reasons:

1)  My book group is having a London Roundabout this month, which means that we each choose our own book about or set in London,
2)  I thought it would come in handy while watching the upcoming Summer Olympics, and
3)  We're about 90% sure we'll be going to England in January for Richard to study for a week at Norwich Cathedral and we'll "bookend" that with stays in London!

How exciting!  Well, that was directed at #3, but, of course, all three sound wonderful.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: July 04, 2012, 01:00:54 PM »

In the early days of our local Middfest International festival, there was an Australian food booth that sold a burger with a fried egg on it as an Aussie-burger.

Most of the recipes I find for Aussie Burgers call for a fried egg, but also sliced beets.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #106 on: July 04, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »

Hi all.  Thank you for the good wishes for Thelma and John.  I haven't heard anything since last night but Thelma said she would call when there was news.

I'm mad at photo bucket because it won't upload a couple photos I took to show you the one time use grill.  It said my file was to big but I've always been able to upload photos from my camera before.  I just don't understand.

Not that the one time use grill is anything great to look at.  It's basically an aluminum pan with charcoal in it.  I got it at Walmart for around four bucks.  It says it "Lights with a single match, Ready to cook after 20 minutes and cooks for up to 1.5 hours". 

I don't know if I'll get to use it or not.  I hear thunder and a look at the local radar shows a bunch of storms around.  Darn because I had my corn soaking in salt water and it won't be as good if I can't put it on the grill.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: July 04, 2012, 01:03:05 PM »

I'd take you for a walk, Cillaliz, but, um, even I don't go for walks in August here.

Oh, I know.  I realize it's about the worst time to go to Phx, but that's why it's the cheapest, lol.

When my Mom lived there, we always went in the summer because that's when teacher Richard and student Rob were out of school.  That's why I've never been to the Desert Botanical Garden...

Doug R

« Reply #108 on: July 04, 2012, 01:05:09 PM »

Feeling peckish on my way back home after yet another drinking session (I don't really drink all that much - honest!), I stopped off for some delicious fish (cod) and chips.

Danise

« Reply #109 on: July 04, 2012, 01:05:47 PM »

I have never heard of an egg on a hamburger until I read it here.
  Me either.  I've used egg in hamburger.  We call that Meat loaf.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: July 04, 2012, 01:10:42 PM »

I have never heard of an egg on a hamburger until I read it here.
  Me either.  I've used egg in hamburger.  We call that Meat loaf.

Cute, Danise.
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #111 on: July 04, 2012, 01:11:07 PM »

Potato salad!

I love potato salad.  Boil potatoes, boil eggs, cut up some onion and celery.  Mix mayonaise, yellow mustard and a little pickle juice for dressing. I don't measure, just do it to taste...add salt and pepper of course. 
That's almost how I make mine.  I don't put yellow mustard or pickles/pickle juice in mine.  Now I wish I had thought about making that instead the baked beans.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #112 on: July 04, 2012, 01:11:36 PM »

:-*
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: July 04, 2012, 01:12:57 PM »

Feeling peckish on my way back home after yet another drinking session (I don't really drink all that much - honest!), I stopped off for some delicious fish (cod) and chips.

Doug, since we celebrate Independence Day on July 4, how come you guys don't celebrate Glad To Be Rid Of Them Day?
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #114 on: July 04, 2012, 01:25:15 PM »

I think "But Mr. Adams" is one of the best musical numbers.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #115 on: July 04, 2012, 01:30:38 PM »

Pudding is cooking for the trifle

ChasSmith

« Reply #116 on: July 04, 2012, 01:34:04 PM »

E&T ALERT!

I'll be driving up to Rochester NY tomorrow for a showing of ROBOT MONSTER in 3-D, to be hosted by 3-D guru Bob Furmanek.  I shan't be logging in till late in the day.

http://dryden.eastmanhouse.org/films/2012/06/robot-monster/

Should be nice little trip, all told, considering I'll be passing through some scenic parts of NY state for the first time.  Back home on Friday.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: July 04, 2012, 01:36:59 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Happy 4th to all.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: July 04, 2012, 01:38:00 PM »

It is overcast and cool here, which will make many of the beach-goers unhappy. I, however, find it pleasant. 

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #119 on: July 04, 2012, 01:39:06 PM »

Here's an interesting question... Does anyone know if the Overture that is printed in the vocal score and licensed when you do Hello, Dolly! has ever been recorded in its entirety?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up