Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: DON'T EVEN ASK  (Read 9612 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: DON'T EVEN ASK
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2012, 07:18:35 AM »

All errands are finished: laundry, pharmacy, Barnes & Noble for a Dublin travel book, and bank.

I will vacuum nd mop the bathroom and kitchen so no vermin take over while I am away. Then I will pack.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2012, 07:19:07 AM »

!! Page 2 Dance !!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2012, 07:20:57 AM »

Saturday morning greetings!  It is a glorious day here in SW Ohio - temps in the 70s with low humidity.  We opened the windows last night and didn't even need the whole-house fan because there's a gentle breeze.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2012, 07:24:41 AM »

Our temperatures would be great but the humidity here is just nasty.  I hope we get that break in another day or two.

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2012, 07:26:24 AM »

Doing some more SHOW BOAT today.  DR Elmore will have a nice little stack of DVDs to enjoy, post-Dublin.

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2012, 07:27:00 AM »

DR John G., too, the 1936 film.

Kerry

« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2012, 07:31:31 AM »

It's nasty, mean, stupid hot today.
I like boat races.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 07:54:01 AM »

BK,

When Stephen Tobolowsky announced his book a couple of weeks ago on FB, I said essentially the same thing to him.

:)
You can dream…or you can do.

Danise

« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 08:03:40 AM »

Morning all.

I am also sorry I missed Dear Vixmom and wasn't able to wish her good travel vibes.  I was so tired last night that I went to bed around seven.  I do not know why I can't shake this "don't feel good feeling" and thought the extra sleep would help.  I woke around ten thirty last evening, took care of some things, and went back to bed and fell asleep right away.

I feel rested but just not quite up to snuff today.  I plan on relaxing and doing nothing more than watching some tv and posting on and off all day today.  I did have to take Sheena up to get her leg rewrapped.  That didn't take long.

Poor girl.  She really doesn't like having her leg wrapped at all and the vet was amazed she was able to get the splint off. 

In other news, we had some sky writers this morning.  U and God = :) was one message.  I had to take Sheena to the vet so the other message or messages were gone by the time I got back.

I don't know why that was done but it was fun to watch as they were writing it.

And since I still have time to do itL

Mega travel vibes to our Dear Elmore!  I am pea green with envy and wish I could go with you.  Dublin is one of the places I've always wanted to go to.  Please take many, many, many photos if possible!

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

FJL

« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 08:10:55 AM »

Feel-better vibes to you, Danise. 

I find something like that's especially annoying on a Saturday morning when you can't just get to a doctor without making a whole big "emergency" of it; it's not serious enough, but you have a feeling something's wrong, is that it?

ChasSmith

« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 08:12:27 AM »

TOD

Bye Bye Birdie
Cabaret
Do Re Mi (don't know it, but always loved that RCA album design)
Fiddler on the Roof
Follies / A Little Night Music / Sweeney Todd
Funny Girl
Gypsy (original "Merman" marquee)
Hello, Dolly!
Li'l Abner
Most Happy Fella
Music Man / Unsinkable Molly Brown
My Fair Lady
Promises, Promises
Stop the World / Roar of the Greasepaint

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 08:15:40 AM »

This Mac World Travel Adapter Kit has proven to be a piece of crap. I've been on the phone with Apple Customer Service and I'm getting old wasting my time. The cable has a plug too wide to fit into the computer.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2012, 08:25:43 AM »

Problem solved. Nervous breakdown over. Too much in the Travel Kit, too little information, and it was an easier solution than I ever suspected. One more down.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2012, 08:33:51 AM »

And...

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up.... And, I have to say, green tea soy milk works pretty well with granola.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »

This Mac World Travel Adapter Kit has proven to be a piece of crap. I've been on the phone with Apple Customer Service and I'm getting old wasting my time. The cable has a plug too wide to fit into the computer.

DR elmore - Oh, you must be... Oh... Nevermind... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: August 11, 2012, 08:34:36 AM »

~~~~~CALM TRAVEL VIBES TO DR ELMORE~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #46 on: August 11, 2012, 08:37:00 AM »

In other news...

I ended up falling asleep on the couch in the living room last night while the lights and the TV were still on. Again. That seems to be my pattern. However, before that, I did manage to get a load of laundry done - they have really night High Efficiency washers here at this Oakwood. And before I did my laundry, I joined up with some of my fellow TheatreWorks-ians for some sushi, Sapporo and a dip in the hot tub. It was the perfect way to end the day.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #47 on: August 11, 2012, 08:37:57 AM »

And now I have to get ready for the start of another day of rehearsal.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2012, 08:50:48 AM »

I've been doing nothing lately but watch the Olympics - and I'm not even a sports fan! I would have got tickets if I'd been able to but I have managed to get a ticket for the Paralympics next month so at least I'll be able to get into that wonderful stadium.   

ChasSmith

« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2012, 08:55:16 AM »

I've been doing nothing lately but watch the Olympics - and I'm not even a sports fan! I would have got tickets if I'd been able to but I have managed to get a ticket for the Paralympics next month so at least I'll be able to get into that wonderful stadium.   

Same here, though you've probably watched a lot more than I have.

The only Olympics I've been around was Los Angeles in 1984, so that was the start of my fondness for at least the casual watching I like to do.  I don't know why I pretty much ignored Beijing, but this has definitely been a nice one. 

I just wish there wasn't so much air time (at least in the times I've been watching) devoted to games like volleyball.  It seems endless.  I really prefer the distillation of pure skills, as opposed to "games".

ChasSmith

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2012, 08:59:02 AM »

Oh, also meant to say that though I didn't try to get tickets in L.A., I did go to UCLA and the Coliseum to bask in the atmosphere and excitement.  And at the Coliseum, I got handed a couple of unused tickets to go right in and watch some track and field.  That was wonderful. 

You know what?  (No, of course you don't.  But I'll tell you.)  I still have my BETA HI-FI tape of the opening and closing ceremonies, marathon, and maybe a few other things.  Too bad I don't have a machine to play it on.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: August 11, 2012, 08:59:13 AM »

I'm up (barely) and will shortly be on my way to do a radio show.

Danise

« Reply #52 on: August 11, 2012, 09:02:59 AM »

Feel-better vibes to you, Danise. 

I find something like that's especially annoying on a Saturday morning when you can't just get to a doctor without making a whole big "emergency" of it; it's not serious enough, but you have a feeling something's wrong, is that it?
  Sort of.   I can't say it's a headache or stomach ache or "I'm coming down with a cold" feeling, I don't have a fever--it's just a very general "blah" that I can't shake.  I can only say I just don't feel right/good but I don't think a doctor would help because I can't tell him what is wrong.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #53 on: August 11, 2012, 09:29:40 AM »

DR Cilla I'm glad the story had a happy ending.  Do you know if Ruby has a microchip?  If not I would suggest they get her one.

Jane

« Reply #54 on: August 11, 2012, 09:32:18 AM »

DR Danise I hope a restful weekend will help you to feel better.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: August 11, 2012, 09:34:40 AM »

DR elmore I wasn't sure I would be able to post this morning.  We have been working very hard around here getting things in order inside the house while the crew has been dismantling the outside.

This weekend I also need to semi pack for my weekend trip to the family wedding.  I won't be able to concentrate on packing during the week with men "prowling" around the windows. ;)

SAFE AND EASY TRAVEL VIBES!!!!

Jane

« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2012, 09:37:04 AM »

Today we shall rent our first BlueRay movie. 

Question, can we only watch blue ray disks or can we watch regular DVD's?  I have to think that the few dvd's we own are now obsolete, or that we can't watch old tv shows Keith's brother lends us.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2012, 09:50:45 AM »

SmarterTravel.com has an interesting article on "Ten Great State Fairs for Deep Fried Fun."  This includes my very own Puyallup Fair, which opens next month (and which I will not be attending).  Among the Low High Low Points are Fried Kool-Aid, Deep-Fried Manicotti, Deep-Fried Biscuits and Gravy, Deep-Fried Mashed potatoes, and my favorite - Chocolate Covered Corn Dogs.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Doug R

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »

Same here, though you've probably watched a lot more than I have.

The only Olympics I've been around was Los Angeles in 1984, so that was the start of my fondness for at least the casual watching I like to do.  I don't know why I pretty much ignored Beijing, but this has definitely been a nice one. 

I just wish there wasn't so much air time (at least in the times I've been watching) devoted to games like volleyball.  It seems endless.  I really prefer the distillation of pure skills, as opposed to "games".

I've just been watching the cross-country mountain bike race which was fun.

I don't know what the NBC coverage has been like but the BBC have provided 24 live HD TV channels, each one showing a different sport, giving a tremendous range of coverage. The TV coverage, by the Olympic Broadcasting Service, has been technically brilliant with a huge number of remote cameras in use, providing some stunning pictures.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 10:10:18 AM by Doug R »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2012, 09:53:41 AM »

Good morning, all! Thank you all for the travel vibes, but I am not leaving until around 6:00pm this afternoon. My flight is at 9:45 tonight. in fact, I missed sending vibes to our DR vixmom because I thought today was the vixfamily flight as well.

I had  lot of strange Drama Bookshop dreams last night, although I believe thar I did sleep rather soundly, and I am about to put laundry into the washers.  Then I shall run down to the pharmacy to pick up a prescription, come back here, pack, and tidy the apartment.

I'm undecided if i will call a car service or take a bus to JFK. I'm leaning toward the first because it's a l2-hr bus trup and I will be sitting a lot for theapproximate 12 hoursfrom my apt to the Hibernian Club.

Decisions, decisions . . .

~~~~~Safe Travel Vibes and Successful Recording Vibes to DR elmore!~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up