Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 25  (Read 35332 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 25
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2012, 01:45:05 PM »

Page three!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2012, 01:55:37 PM »

I'm thinking about dinner.  I am also thinking about the last legs my refrgerator is standing on!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Mark

• What is it, Wellington?
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2012, 02:00:41 PM »

Because Bruce is an old Jew, and must read from a paper at Sterling's Upstairs at the Thing, he's to be forgiven for getting the title of his own song incorrect in tonight's notes. He meant to write "Born Too Late," not "Born to Win." "Born Too Late," of course, was written for the wonderful "What If?" revue and it was recorded by the legendary Guy Haines on Haines' second CD, "New Guy in Town." The song, by any title, was indeed a smash at Sterling's 25 ... as was the entire evening.

The mistake was worth it since he got you to post :)

Hi Mark.

Hi, Jane! Thanks for noticing I actually posted!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2012, 02:25:37 PM »

CONGRATS TO ALL AT KRITZERLAND AT STERLING'S 25

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »

I'm thinking about dinner.  I am also thinking about the last legs my refrgerator is standing on!

You Have Legs On Your Refrigerator?

ChasSmith

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2012, 02:31:59 PM »

158 auditions???

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2012, 02:44:38 PM »

You Have Legs On Your Refrigerator?

Metaphorically.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: September 09, 2012, 03:03:21 PM »

Okay, okay, I confess. I am currently eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: September 09, 2012, 03:16:01 PM »

DR Elmore, I think we can all agree that it is "incumbent upon you" to post photos of the table.  If you somehow failed to take a "before" picture, please let the paint dry, strip it off, and do so before repainting and taking the new picture.  Thanks in advance.

;D

Jane

« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »

Because Bruce is an old Jew, and must read from a paper at Sterling's Upstairs at the Thing, he's to be forgiven for getting the title of his own song incorrect in tonight's notes. He meant to write "Born Too Late," not "Born to Win." "Born Too Late," of course, was written for the wonderful "What If?" revue and it was recorded by the legendary Guy Haines on Haines' second CD, "New Guy in Town." The song, by any title, was indeed a smash at Sterling's 25 ... as was the entire evening.

The mistake was worth it since he got you to post :)

Hi Mark.

Hi, Jane! Thanks for noticing I actually posted!

It did take me a few minutes to recover from the shock of it ;) 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2012, 03:37:15 PM »

I'm glad for the orders, bk, but I couldn't help but notice that, as Elmore has pointed out, there's very little music in the Playbill review. And I found some of his few comments on the orchestrations, as heard in the new mix v. the original, rather bizarre. But if it sells copies ...

I found parts of his review entirely weird - it's basically a rave, I think, but when he says that the Angel Broadway reissue went a long way to setting things right, it's just foolish.  It was no better than the previous issue because it was just remastered without any thought.  The only way to improve Follies is to do what we did - and his review, more than any other, doesn't dwell on the astonishing difference in quality that every single other person has commented on.  I think he really liked it and I'm appreciative of the review, which is selling CDs just because it's letting some people know it exists - how they didn't know that is the enigma of the day, but we've sold about sixty CDs since the review hit.  But yes, there are very peculiar things in it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: September 09, 2012, 03:37:59 PM »

Just relaxing and am pretty sure I'm not going to go to that event - if it were tomorrow, maybe, but I'm just too zonked from the past week to want to get dressed up to shmooze with people I don't know.

ChasSmith

« Reply #72 on: September 09, 2012, 03:38:52 PM »

Totally agree with everyone's take on the positive but weird and lacking review.

ChasSmith

« Reply #73 on: September 09, 2012, 03:40:14 PM »

Okay, okay, I confess. I am currently eating a pint of Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra!

Okay, okay, I confess, I am currently about to order a Frank Pepe's pizza.

One of the best in the known universe.

http://www.pepespizzeria.com/?page=history

Jane

« Reply #74 on: September 09, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »

I'm pretty sure we had pizza from the New Haven location.  New Haven had a number of excellent pizza places, all cooked in big wood ovens.  In the year we lived in Connecticut we had some good pizza when I took the time to drive to New Haven.  It didn't take long to get there but traffic & parking was always an issue.

ChasSmith

« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2012, 03:47:25 PM »

Oh - I was also put off at his use of the word "enhanced" -- and not just once -- for whatever he thinks BK did with the recording.

ChasSmith

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2012, 03:50:27 PM »

I'm pretty sure we had pizza from the New Haven location.  New Haven had a number of excellent pizza places, all cooked in big wood ovens.  In the year we lived in Connecticut we had some good pizza when I took the time to drive to New Haven.  It didn't take long to get there but traffic & parking was always an issue.

Yes, there are many great original pizzas from the New Haven area that I've yet to try, but I can honestly say I've never been disappointed at any I've had so far.  There really is nothing quite like "New Haven" or "Connecticut" pizza.  Of course, New Haven also claims credit for creation of the hamburger.  That's a lot of responsibility.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2012, 03:51:26 PM »

I'm glad for the orders, bk, but I couldn't help but notice that, as Elmore has pointed out, there's very little music in the Playbill review. And I found some of his few comments on the orchestrations, as heard in the new mix v. the original, rather bizarre. But if it sells copies ...

I found parts of his review entirely weird - it's basically a rave, I think, but when he says that the Angel Broadway reissue went a long way to setting things right, it's just foolish.  It was no better than the previous issue because it was just remastered without any thought.  The only way to improve Follies is to do what we did - and his review, more than any other, doesn't dwell on the astonishing difference in quality that every single other person has commented on.  I think he really liked it and I'm appreciative of the review, which is selling CDs just because it's letting some people know it exists - how they didn't know that is the enigma of the day, but we've sold about sixty CDs since the review hit.  But yes, there are very peculiar things in it.

I'm gald you said something about that.  I was keeping my opinion to myself, but basically I thought the review was rather strange.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2012, 03:53:38 PM »

I am glad you think so.  They wouldn't even deliver to my address.
“One thing’s universal,

ChasSmith

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »

Are you registering a complaint with PayPal?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2012, 03:56:46 PM »

I'm gald you said something about that.  I was keeping my opinion to myself, but basically I thought the review was rather strange.

I seem to be very glad about a lot of things!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2012, 04:16:35 PM »

Are you registering a complaint with PayPal?

Hell, no.  PayPal makes terrible pizza.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2012, 04:30:07 PM »

Yes, there are many great original pizzas from the New Haven area that I've yet to try, but I can honestly say I've never been disappointed at any I've had so far.  There really is nothing quite like "New Haven" or "Connecticut" pizza.  Of course, New Haven also claims credit for creation of the hamburger.  That's a lot of responsibility.

Of course I never had a hamburger there.  There was a great diner that had delicious vanilla malts, and I don't normally like malts.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2012, 04:33:21 PM »

We had a nice afternoon.  We drove 45 minutes to the little historic town of Jacksonville and ate lunch on the pretty patio at a Mexican restaurant.  The margarita & guacamole we shared were very tasty.  The lunch was good but not as good.  After lunch we walked around a bit and went in a few of our favorite shops.  The last stop was to pick up 3 bottles of Creamy Walla Walla salad dressing they were holding for me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: September 09, 2012, 05:03:19 PM »

I'm going to watch the PBS series "Broadway or Bust" tonight.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: September 09, 2012, 05:05:49 PM »

We had a nice afternoon.  We drove 45 minutes to the little historic town of Jacksonville and ate lunch on the pretty patio at a Mexican restaurant.  The margarita & guacamole we shared were very tasty.  The lunch was good but not as good.  After lunch we walked around a bit and went in a few of our favorite shops.  The last stop was to pick up 3 bottles of Creamy Walla Walla salad dressing they were holding for me.

Is that the onion and poppyseed dressing?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: September 09, 2012, 05:08:56 PM »

I'm going to watch the PBS series "Broadway or Bust" tonight.

Damn!  Tonight is called, The Casting Call;" I thought it was "The Casting Couch."
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #87 on: September 09, 2012, 05:18:59 PM »

DR TCB, how do you know this has poppyseeds?  I had to go look at the bottle. This dressing is made by Mrs Beekman's Kitchen.  I purchase in a charming shop called Farmhouse Treasures.

FJL

« Reply #88 on: September 09, 2012, 05:20:08 PM »

Raves are very nice, though!

FJL

« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2012, 05:20:29 PM »

Good to see Mark
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up