Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: POSSESSED  (Read 11919 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:POSSESSED
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2004, 07:19:53 PM »

And...Page 4!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2004, 07:26:31 PM »

Yes, pool service is included, although I don't know when they come and I don't know how to control the temperature of the pool.  I hope to find out all these things very soon.

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2004, 07:26:35 PM »

OMG DR Jane, I think I am in love with your son! :)

Here is something for DR EMILY:

Check the Gazette. Every day this week they have a coupon in it for a dozen free KRISPY KREME donuts.  Only catch is you have to buy it the same day the coupon appears. It will be in mon-fri this week.

I am so happy since I have a krispy kreme 5 minutes from me!  Woohoo! :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2004, 07:28:02 PM »

Thank you Jennifer.  :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2004, 07:31:53 PM »

I went back and looked at the photo Keith posted.  Since that picture was taken Bryan has cut his hair and shaved.  And I forgot to take a new picture of him when I was in Portland.  I feel like such a bad mother. :o

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2004, 07:36:23 PM »

Dear BK: Here's to your tapings of What If?  I'm not sure what to say to ward off bad luck for tapings like this.  Merde?  Break a leg?

Whatever.  I was watching an archival taping of Pirates of Penzance earlier this evening, the Papp production filmed at the Delacorte in Central Park.  It's flawed, of course, with the tape itself having deteriorated in places and a few places where the tape speed jumps, making for some funny audio warbles.  Still, getting to see the original staging and performances (before the show transferred to B'way) was interesting and joyful.  So I hope your taping captures the spirit of your show, too.

(And Linda Ronstadt was so thin back then!  <meow>)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 07:37:47 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2004, 07:44:25 PM »

Spark was chattling tonight.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2004, 08:00:12 PM »

Something to add to the "what were they thinking" list:

Looking over a DVD sales site, where they were listing Angels in America, I glanced over to the side to their "May we also recommend" list.  The very first entry was for the anniversary edition of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

It's not the sort of double feature I would have had in mind, but if they insist...
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2004, 08:04:31 PM »

Something to add to the "what were they thinking" list:

Looking over a DVD sales site, where they were listing Angels in America, I glanced over to the side to their "May we also recommend" list.  The very first entry was for the anniversary edition of Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

It's not the sort of double feature I would have had in mind, but if they insist...

When we were talking about DR Panni's sketches last night, I was thinking about that other famous double-feature:

What Do You Say To A Naked Lady?

Hang 'Em High
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #99 on: September 20, 2004, 08:04:32 PM »

There is a very weird but interesting wind blowing in the City of Studio tonight. I may turn out all the lights, turn off all the gadgets and just lie down and listen...

Panni

« Reply #100 on: September 20, 2004, 08:07:03 PM »

Hey, gang, I only mentioned those pics to get some conversation going on a slow posting day. I didn't mean for them to become the topic of the month.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #101 on: September 20, 2004, 08:07:36 PM »

Here in Philly it's a deliciously cool crisp night.  If I were feeling better I would go out for a walk, but I'll settle for pulling out and using my Martha Stewart quilt for the first time this season.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #102 on: September 20, 2004, 08:14:40 PM »

FAB-ulous digs, BK!

The front is most inviting and soothing.  The pool is to die....or dive.

WOn-derful way to pamper yourself!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #103 on: September 20, 2004, 08:20:32 PM »

Unproductive rehearsal tonight, I felt. The director's father-in-law died, so he didn't come to rehearsal, and we didn't stage that endless opening number. I guess we'll get to it tomorrow night. We did work on the same music that we worked on last night, and I didn't notice much improvement. I suppose some folks thought blocking would take so long tonight that music was an afterthought. Never assume.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »

Working on the show takes so much time now that I don't see many DVDs getting watched until I get to the weekend, and even then I'll be going to see the production of YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN that I auditioned for but didn't get. It's the revised version of the show that closed in NYC before I got a chance to see it, so that's the main reason I want to see it. I saw the original version so many times, and I'm interested to see the changes.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #105 on: September 20, 2004, 09:35:58 PM »

I know I've posted my computer horror story before. My kitten Orlando deleted a paper I was writing the night before it was due. That's about it, except the time the whole family got kicked off AOL because my brother sent five email bombs.

I am now eating a piece of chocolate cake a la Aunt Rosemary.

I had an adventure at school today trying to get to the fifth floor of a four-floor building.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: September 20, 2004, 09:36:33 PM »

Wow, DR Jane, you weren't kidding when you told me Bryan was a good looking guy! Holy molely!

That really is a nice pic of the two of you!

George

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2004, 10:17:42 PM »

Does anyone in the Hollywood area plan to see The Ten Commandments: The Spectacle Musical with Val Kilmer?  According to THIS Playbill.com article, it begins tomorrow and opens September 27 (which just happens to be my sister's birthday).

Has anyone heard anything about it?  Is it going to be a huge, giant bomb or does anyone think that will it actually do well??  Inquiring minds want to know!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2004, 10:22:03 PM »

I'm baaack!

George

« Reply #109 on: September 20, 2004, 10:25:49 PM »

Welcome back, Charles Pogue!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: September 20, 2004, 10:33:47 PM »

I see a Pogue - and speaking of computer horror stories, let's hear Pogue's.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: September 20, 2004, 10:35:20 PM »

And speaking of horror stories, I'm trying to watch Ghost Story.  I don't know why I thought I might like it better now than I did back in 1981, but I'm afraid it's just as bad.  Nice to see the likes of Melvyn Douglas, Fred Astaire, Douglas Fairbanks, Jr. and John Houseman, but it's not a good day for any of them.

Panni

« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2004, 10:36:45 PM »

Welcome back, CP!

Panni

« Reply #113 on: September 20, 2004, 10:40:35 PM »

I saw Ghost Story... But I can't remember it at all.

George

« Reply #114 on: September 20, 2004, 10:43:19 PM »

I know it's not Ask Question Day, but has anyone ever had pop-up ads pop up when going to the HHW home page or when you post a message?  It's never happened on my home computer (either before or after it crashed and was rebuilt) nor my work computer.  But I has some computer problems yesterday and had Spybot-Search & Destroy installed.  Ever since then, when I go to the HHW home page for the first time after starting up, I get a pop-up ad.  And sometimes (I haven't figured out just when), I get a pop-up ad when I post a message.

Has anyone had this problem?  I've never had pop-up ad blockers so I find it MOST strange that all of a sudden, it's now happening.  VERY STRANGE!!

George

« Reply #115 on: September 20, 2004, 10:45:24 PM »

A pop-up ad popped up when I posted my last post (#114).  I'm getting tired of it. :( I'll have to talk with my tech guy (my sister's boyfriend) tomorrow.  Hopefully, he'll know what's going on...hopefully.

Panni

« Reply #116 on: September 20, 2004, 10:45:43 PM »

No to the pop-up ads. Sometimes little purple men pop out of my computer and sing to me, but I'm not supposed to talk about that.

George

« Reply #117 on: September 20, 2004, 10:49:30 PM »

A friend of mine has this little program installed on his computer where a little hunk-a-hunk-a man jumps onto the bottom of his screen, dances around and strips!  It's pretty funny!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2004, 10:49:44 PM by George »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #118 on: September 20, 2004, 10:50:23 PM »

I saw Ghost Story... But I can't remember it at all.
I remember that the novel Ghost Story made a great deal more sense.  Then again, there was a lot more story in the book than they could fit into the film, plus the book relied more on a sense of evil, rather than having to make it all visual.  Too bad for the film.

George

« Reply #119 on: September 20, 2004, 10:51:18 PM »

It doesn't interfere with anything that one might be doing on the computer...it just appears and dances for your (or my friend's actually ;)) enjoyment.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up