Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK TO WORK  (Read 28943 times)

Tomovoz

Re:BACK TO WORK
« Reply #90 on: October 29, 2003, 01:05:39 PM »

Maybe Jason has enlisted the help of Nathan Lane for his mouse hunt. We may never find Jason again.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: October 29, 2003, 01:10:16 PM »

How cute is this site for pumpkin patterns?

http://www.pumpkinglow.com

Jennifer

« Reply #92 on: October 29, 2003, 01:13:57 PM »

Look it's Maya on a pumpkin?

I don't think I'm good enough to carve any of these.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #93 on: October 29, 2003, 01:16:44 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Good afternoon![/move]

Ahhh...I just got out of Western Civ, where I took a very long and exhausting exam.  I think I did okay on it, but I think I may have gotten a B....I hate the format of the teacher's exams.  Not one multiple choice question!  It's all long essay questions.  I loathe, detest and despise essay questions.  I mean one or two is okay, but a whole exam? Blech.

I agree with those who are not in favor of a separate DVD section.  I mean, I don't even know how much my vote would count because I only own a total of 15 DVDs and don't discuss them much, but I really do like the free-for-all form that we have now.

TCB--thank you for the lovely compliment from yesterday!  So the goth pic stays!  (I've been having way too much trouble trying to get my other pic to look clear).

Jay--I agree that The Women is a show that cries out for musicalization.  I haven't seen the Opposite Sex, so I don't know how it was handled, but I would love for The Women: The Musical to have a Jerry Herman score and I would love to see Donna Murphy as Mary Haines, Rachel York as Crystal Allen, Carolee Carmello maybe as Sylvia Fowler and someone like Nanette Fabray as the Countess de Lave.  

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #94 on: October 29, 2003, 01:22:35 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]LOL, Jennifer![/move]

td

• td
« Reply #95 on: October 29, 2003, 01:23:06 PM »

I didn't feel a change at fifty posts. . .but I do feel perfectly karmalicious!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jason

« Reply #96 on: October 29, 2003, 01:27:25 PM »

I've been trying to post for several hours, but every time I start to, my boss walks by and I have to close the window. In fact, I think I hear him coming now....

Now I feel like Sneaky Sarah!

Mouse Report: No visuals last night. Negatory on aurals, too.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #97 on: October 29, 2003, 01:29:00 PM »

BK - Which issue of "The Big Reel" do you need.  I subscribe and should be getting the new one soon.  I haven't saved any of the old ones but if it's the one that should be out in the next week or two I can send it to you.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2003, 01:33:43 PM »

Are you seeing this page in Cinemascope?  If so, can someone tell me which post is the culprit so I can delete it?  

I need a phone number out of The Big Reel, but I'll deal with it when I get home.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2003, 01:34:23 PM »

I wonder who among our members doesn't really relate to what CinemaScope was:

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2003, 01:38:18 PM »

Look it's Maya on a pumpkin?

I don't think I'm good enough to carve any of these.

LMAO..........
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2003, 01:41:30 PM »

I am still hoping for more TODD AO. My screen has been in its normal Vistavision format. (and no, I don't know what I'm talking about. I'll start singing that song from "Silk Stockings" at any moment). NO TCB. They are not your stockings.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2003, 01:48:48 PM »

Does that mean you're not seeing in Cinemascope, because on my computer here at work it's Camera 65.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2003, 01:53:41 PM »

Negatory on aurals, too.

Oh my God, Jason!  You found one there, too?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #104 on: October 29, 2003, 01:59:08 PM »

No cinemascope here.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #105 on: October 29, 2003, 02:02:25 PM »

As long as it's not CINERAMA, we'll all be OK.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jason

« Reply #106 on: October 29, 2003, 02:13:55 PM »

Umm....I meant that I hadn't heard any mice chewing on anything. I dunno WHAT you were thinking... ;-)

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: October 29, 2003, 02:18:46 PM »

Not even TohoScope.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: October 29, 2003, 02:22:11 PM »

LOL, Jason, I don't even know what I was thinking.  I am just being my usual weird self.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #109 on: October 29, 2003, 02:25:45 PM »

I was wondering if there was an oral check too! Weird works for me TCB.
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2003, 02:33:57 PM »

And regarding the "reality show" discussions (Trading Spaces, Big Brother, Survivor, Queer Eye, etc), I rather enjoy participating in those...of course that is because I watch some of those shows.  But even when the topics here on HHW turn to something that I have little or no interest in I still enjoy hearing what others have to say about said topic. And, as our esteemed, diverse, and open minded BK is once again working on a reality television program I am thinking we might be having more "reality show" discussions in the very near future!!

Oddly enough, I don't think we ever did find out the title of the previous show BK was working. So I do believe that will be my BK question for the day...what was the title of the other reality show you were working on this summer? And when does/did it air?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2003, 02:35:34 PM »

Personally, I probably wouldn't be interested in a separate thread on DVDs.  I, too, like the free-form stream-of-consciousness that is the foundation of HainesHisWay.  Just my opinion.

About pictures, what if people loaded pictures into a test post on the tech list or a separate picture list (on HHW) and just copied the link to that picture (without using the "img" in brackets fuction), like I did:

http://www.haineshisway.com/community/attachments/Kate_as_Katherine.jpg

That way people could click on the link if they wanted to see the picture and the discussion page wouldn't have to load every posted picture every time someone just wanted to read the posts.  ;D  How do you all think that that would work??
« Last Edit: October 29, 2003, 02:47:08 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2003, 02:39:49 PM »

It seems that most of want to keep the board in its "freestyle" mode. I suspect that all the picture posts will slow down in the future - novelty!
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2003, 02:49:42 PM »

And posting the link to a picture would also prevent the Cinemascoping of the board.

And I just realized that I only need three more posts to become a "Jr. Member!"
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: October 29, 2003, 02:57:16 PM »

I'll get to these questions, but not until I get home.  BUT

The other reality show is called Tricks of the Trade and it's been airing for a few weeks on the Fine Living channel.

The new show is called Cowboy U and is for the Country Music Network.

Tomovoz

« Reply #115 on: October 29, 2003, 02:58:08 PM »

George: A jnr once again. Can we avoid the pitfalls and mistakes of our last life as a Jnr? I think my choices would remain the same.
James Thurber 1957

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #116 on: October 29, 2003, 03:14:17 PM »

Hello, fellow dear readers! I have just returned from a long and laborious day at school. I did all of the following today: Biology review, Biology test, All-District Chorus Review, Algebra quiz, Show Choir-learned a new dance, write rest of History paper, had an hour and a half of History notes on the Ottoman Turks (blech), more Algebra review, voice lesson, home.

Whew! I'm wiped, and I still have 3 Algebra worksheets, a French letter to write, and Sir Gawain to read. Sounds like fun, huh?

My voice is officially back, although my singing voice is iffy. I have an audition for All-District Chorus next week, and I'm REALLY nervous. Laryngitis has stripped me of my clear high notes, so I have 6 days to get them back and running.

I don't like the idea of a DVD section, because I like the random-topic feel of this board (It's like we all have ADHD! :)) And RE: The Reality Show Board: Whenever there's a post about reality shows, I just skip over it. It doesn't hurt anyone, and it means I get to spend less time reviewing EVERY post there is. Not difficult, not strenuous, etc. We'll all be one HAPPY family!

BK: I know you don't watch TV that much, but do you like the idea of reality shows? It sometimes feels like they're "taking over" TV, if that makes sense. And also, are you a fan of country music? Because if you aren't that show will kill you, and we don't want that!

I don't know about anyone else, but I love this:  :o
...Walk in the sunshine...

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #117 on: October 29, 2003, 03:27:06 PM »

Gee, Sarah...you're mssing out!!!  :o

Some of the more interesting things that get said here get said about folks on those reality shows!   :D

Sometimes, we just say it like we see it and it's lots of fun (for some of us anyway).   ;D  ;D ;D

I don't know how the conversation suddenly started swinging toward NOT posting pix here.  It's part of what makes the board interesting, IMO.  

If it ain't broke, don't be fixin' it.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: October 29, 2003, 04:03:21 PM »

It has now been thirty-three minutes since the last post.  That is what I would call a lull.  We must not have lulls especially as I need reading entertainment between viewing tapes.

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #119 on: October 29, 2003, 04:03:34 PM »

Wow, relatively large earthquake, near 4.0, just hit us here in the Los Angeles area. It actually looks to have been centered in Simi Valley where much of the major fire activity is taking place.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up