Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE LITTLE PEOPLE IN MY HEAD  (Read 80202 times)

Ginny

Re:THE LITTLE PEOPLE IN MY HEAD
« Reply #120 on: January 12, 2005, 12:23:12 PM »

I really like Kristin Chenoweth.  Interesting she will be going up against herself (since she is on the West Wing too).

DR Jennifer - Kristen's "double exposure" occurred to me this morning, too.  My husband and I have tickets to see her perform with the Cincinnati Pops this coming Sunday.   Keep your fingers crossed, because she cancelled her performance with them this past Sunday, promising that she'd be here on the 16th.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: January 12, 2005, 12:23:12 PM »

Shauna has been on two of my albums, Bacharach and Unsung Irving Berlin (her first).  I found her in Blood Brothers - she was terrific in the show, and I met her and told her that I'd use her as soon as the right song came along.  She's done other shows since - she always seems to be working.  Somewhere along the way I seem to recall that she married Michael X. Martin (I think that's his name), one of the leads in Bed and Sofa.

Shauna and Michael have a new baby, born in June or July, 2004.  She and Jeff Harnar have a pops symphony show, Mickey & Judy, which premiered last July in San Diego, with 12 orchestrations by yours truly.  I think I'm getting a couple of things to fix for them before the next concert.

I love Melba Joyce!  Her "Last Blues Song" on BK's Shakespeare album is one of my favourite things.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #122 on: January 12, 2005, 12:25:48 PM »

Jeff Harnar, is that the same Jeff Harnar who did a CD a few years ago (I think it was actually on vinyl and cassette tape also) of the "1959 Broadway Songbook"?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: January 12, 2005, 12:28:35 PM »

Hello Dear readers all.

I have spent all morning and now nearly three hours of the afternoon with the dumbest bunch of individuals ever assembled to do a loan closing.

SHE HAS A FACE!

It's a nice face, DRVixmom!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #124 on: January 12, 2005, 12:30:51 PM »

SHE HAS A FACE!

It's a nice face, DRVixmom!

Thank you! Interesting to see that all my old posts are showing my new avatar!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2005, 12:31:25 PM »

I've just taken a pan of southwest cornbread out of the oven (same cornbread recipe I posted here a week or so back, but I added diced onion, chiles, pimientos and jalapeno peppers).  I also took a quart of Brunswick stew out of the freezer and it's simmering in a pot.  

When you feel like crap, it's mandatory you pamper yourself!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2005, 12:32:43 PM »

Vixmom, it is nice to see the real you!

DR Jennifer, I did indeed watch TAR last night.

Adam was so pitiful! LOL! Poor guy! Sometimes I feel sorry for him and sometimes I laugh.

I was glad that Hayden and Aaron did not get eliminated....I just wish the team were simply... Aaron. And wow, I did not even realize he was 6ft 5!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2005, 12:32:56 PM »

Jeff Harnar, is that the same Jeff Harnar who did a CD a few years ago (I think it was actually on vinyl and cassette tape also) of the "1959 Broadway Songbook"?

Yes, DRBen, same Jeff Harnar!

DRRLP, listen to HAINES HIS WAY; the recording did wonders for me back in my unhealthy months of August and September.  

vixmom

« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2005, 12:34:54 PM »

Vixmom, it is nice to see the real you!

Thanks, here's the rest of the picture

Tomovoz

« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2005, 12:37:37 PM »

Well, I do understand that Disney are trying to track you down for a live remake of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs .... and "NO" ~ they do not want you to play Snow White (or the wicked Queen)!!!!!!

;D
Well you've seen some of my prints - charming! Yes?
Or perhaps I could play the core part - the apple has appeal. I'll reflect on the possibility of playing the mirror.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

ozderek

• the truth is .... life IS a show tune !!!!
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2005, 12:39:46 PM »

Well you've seen some of my prints - charming! Yes?
Or perhaps I could play the core part - the apple has appeal. I'll reflect on the possibility of playing the mirror.

... and i'm told my puns are groaners !!!!!!!!!!!

ok everybody .. simultaneous groan on the count of three!

ready .... 1 .... 2 ..... 3 ....GROAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::)
"She may well pass for forty- three
In the dusk, with a light behind her!"
W S Gilbert "Trial By Jury"

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2005, 12:40:34 PM »

AMAZING RACE.

re: non-eliminationsAre you sure there haven't been 3 so far?  We had the grandparents.  And last night.  And wasn't there another team somewhere in there?

Nope, last night was only the second non-elimination leg there has been so far.  It will be interesting to see how much money the other teams cough up this time for Aaron and Hayden since they are heavy competition and the race is getting tighter.

Last week, DR Jenifer pointed out that Jonathan has always passed up on any of the physical challanges.  I hadn't paid attention to that fact but last night really brought it to the fore when he decided to pass up on the wall climb.  This weakness is what will eventually trip him up and elimiate his ass at some point when he is forced to perform a roadblock.  Can't wait for that!

And again, Kris and Jon had me rooting for them.  'Specially when Kris was making her "Lucy Stomping The Grapes" Face.  She is a cutie!

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #132 on: January 12, 2005, 12:40:36 PM »

The ratio is a bit off, but at least we can see your smile!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ozderek

« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2005, 12:41:46 PM »

speaking of groaners ....

(well, this DID get a laugh from Tomofoz when I told him ...)

What did Greta Garbo say when someone dumped grass seed on her head?

"I vont to be a lawn"!

(Sorry - truly - apologies all around.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #134 on: January 12, 2005, 12:48:38 PM »

It's so foggy outside I cannot even see the buildings half a block away

! ! ! ! !  Welcome to the face of DR vixmom  ! ! ! ! !

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

ozderek

Re:
« Reply #135 on: January 12, 2005, 12:54:53 PM »

Quote from:  link=board=4;threadid=529;start=msg89083#msg89083 date=

Now I have guilt by association.

Thank you OzDerek - From the man destined to play the lead in E.T. - the Musical.

gives a whole new meaning to the term ... "put a smile on your dial"

... Tomovoz, phone home!!!!

vixmom

« Reply #136 on: January 12, 2005, 12:55:56 PM »

The ratio is a bit off, but at least we can see your smile!
Thank you so much for your help!!

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #137 on: January 12, 2005, 12:56:52 PM »

Lovely photo, DR Vixmom.

Thank you, DR Jose, for your well wishes upon my return home.  IT was positively arid, as compared to my sojurn to southern California.

Ginny

« Reply #138 on: January 12, 2005, 12:58:14 PM »

11 year old girls in packs (or troops) certainly take it out of you!!

Nice picture, DRvixmom!

When my husband volunteered to lead a group of Tiger Cub Scouts, I told him I'd bake all the cookies and cupcakes they wanted and I'd sew on as many merit badges as our son could earn, but "Please, please, please don't make be spend time in big groups of little kids!"  Well, I baked and sewed a LOT, because our son became an Eagle Scout last year!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #139 on: January 12, 2005, 01:01:32 PM »

Congrats to the Eagle Scout!

YW VixMOM!  Always glad to help!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Michael

« Reply #140 on: January 12, 2005, 01:20:04 PM »

The Hooters in Charlotte was once a Denny's, and I had been there, but since the switch (many years ago), I've never been.

Never meet a prospective date at Hooters. It means that they are taken and Hooters would be the last place he could be seen with someone else.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #141 on: January 12, 2005, 01:29:48 PM »

Question of the day:

For anyone who has ever performed on stage.

What was the most embarassing or strangest thing that ever happened to you while performing in front of an audience?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #142 on: January 12, 2005, 01:31:11 PM »

Question 2

Why do the announcer say "This show was taped in front of a live studio audience"? Have they ever trucked in dead people to be seat fillers?
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #143 on: January 12, 2005, 01:32:56 PM »

For the 60's Lady In the Cage was quite violent. One of the bad guys does meet one of the most gruesome ends I have ever seen in a main stream film.
Never stop dreaming.

vixmom

« Reply #144 on: January 12, 2005, 01:33:40 PM »

Nice picture, DRvixmom!

our son became an Eagle Scout last year!

Congratulations to the Eagle Scout, that sure is a lot of work!!  We are just going for our  "Bronze Stars" at the moment, can you say  "Community Service?"
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 01:41:22 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #145 on: January 12, 2005, 01:34:02 PM »

Anyone want to buy Girl Scout cookies?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: January 12, 2005, 01:37:56 PM »

I just had a most fascinating drive in my motor car.  I decided to go to the Apple Store at the Grove to get a carrying case for my Powerbook, since I will be traveling soon.  So, I do what I always do, take Laurel Canyon.  The first interesting thing is that just before I get to Mulholland, there on the right is that house that fell down in the rain (photos were posted here).  More interesting is the For Sale sign in front of it.  One wonders if it was there before or after the house fell down.  Then I get to Mulholland and they've closed off the rest of Laurel Canyon.  So, I went left and went to Nichols Canyon.  Driving through the canyon just cemented the fact that I would never ever live there - the street is still wet, mud is everywhere, pot holes abound and several trees were down.  Horrible.  Then I finally get to the Grove.  This is my second time walking down Main Street and I just hate it.  That and the fact that they are thinking it's hip to play Ella and Dean and Frank and Perry.  Better than playing now music, but I just think it's funny.  Everything old is new again, as Mr. Peter Allen said so prophetically.  

Okay, so I bought an iPod.  Now, what the HELL do I do with the thing.  I hear that as soon as I hook it up it will automatically import the entire contents of my iTunes library as well as my various and sundried playlists.  If that's so, then what about when I add tracks to the library - does it automatically just import those tracks when I next hook it up?

Then, I know I can't take the canyon home, so I get on Highland.  You'd think it was the worst rush hour traffic you'd ever seen - and this is at 12:40.  Hopeless.  I'm talking that the traffic was backed up all the way to Melrose.  I finally cut over to Cahuenga and that was fine, except for the idiots in their cars driving like utter morons.

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: January 12, 2005, 01:40:02 PM »

Question of the day:

For anyone who has ever performed on stage.

What was the most embarassing or strangest thing that ever happened to you while performing in front of an audience?

I was in a show being performed 'In the Round" and they had bussed in the senior citizens for this particular performance. For some reason, these people seemed to think they were watching TV as they would loudly comment on everything going on, and seemd oblivious to the fact the  we could hear them.

My character was introduced as a nurse in the 2nd act, but in the third act I was now part of the household and dressed in  "civvies" rather than the nurses uniform from Act 2

Mr. Sr Citizen (at top of lungs) "Who's the woman in the red dress?"

Mrs. SC (just as loudly)  "That's the nurse"

Mr. SC "Nah, it can't be, the nurse didn't have such a big ass!"

« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 01:44:16 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #148 on: January 12, 2005, 01:40:45 PM »

Question 2

Why do the announcer say "This show was taped in front of a live studio audience"? Have they ever trucked in dead people to be seat fillers?

Well, some of the sr citizens.....

MBarnum

« Reply #149 on: January 12, 2005, 01:41:18 PM »

Nope, last night was only the second non-elimination leg there has been so far.  It will be interesting to see how much money the other teams cough up this time for Aaron and Hayden since they are heavy competition and the race is getting tighter.

Last week, DR Jenifer pointed out that Jonathan has always passed up on any of the physical challanges.  I hadn't paid attention to that fact but last night really brought it to the fore when he decided to pass up on the wall climb.  This weakness is what will eventually trip him up and elimiate his ass at some point when he is forced to perform a roadblock.  Can't wait for that!

And again, Kris and Jon had me rooting for them.  'Specially when Kris was making her "Lucy Stomping The Grapes" Face.  She is a cutie!

LOL! Kris became my favorite then!

Jon doesn't do the challenges because he is afraid of failing and he might have a difficult time blaming it on Victoria...although I am sure he would find some way of blaming her.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up