Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: BADGE OF HONOR  (Read 3395 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: BADGE OF HONOR
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2019, 01:34:41 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - i guess I needed sleep - ten and a half hours - and I now have to get it together and do stuff that should be done.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2019, 02:06:17 PM »

Right now I'm eating sausage & peppers from the hot buffet line at Shop Rite. Sometimes a takeout thing like that is the perfect choice.

That does sound good.  I discovered today that Stella likes tortilla chips.  I don't think she'd like salsa, however.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2019, 02:11:29 PM »

Right now I'm eating sausage & peppers from the hot buffet line at Shop Rite. Sometimes a takeout thing like that is the perfect choice.

That does sound good.  I discovered today that Stella likes tortilla chips.  I don't think she'd like salsa, however.

It's unusual for a cat to eat chips or anything like that, but I knew one that ate just about anything. Must have been raised by a pack of dogs.

ChasSmith

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2019, 02:12:59 PM »

Well, here I go.  Rehearsal.

Which actually bums me a little, because this is "Classic Tuesday" and I'm missing THE THIRD MAN in 4k at the Bedford Playhouse.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2019, 03:56:07 PM »

I guess I will watch a couple of hockey games this evening.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2019, 04:31:53 PM »

Okay, people, it's that time of year - the Broadway World LA theater nominations are out - A Carol Christmas is up for a whopping sixteen awards.  Please immediately go vote.  We're up for every category of local musical (plus Kritzerland in special theater event) - we have several actresses up for supporting - please vote for Peyton Kirkner in that category, and Lloyd Pederson in the supporting male category, where we have two up.  Our categories are: Best Musical Local, Best Director of a Musical Local, Best Musical Director Local, Best Choreography Local, Best Set Design Local, Best Costume Design, Best Sound Design, Best Lighting Design, Best Leading Actress in a Musical Local, Best Featured Actress in a Musical Local, Best Featured Actor in a Musical Local.  Sooner is better for voting.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angeles/voteregion.cfm?fbclid=IwAR2kJt19Fy1WyvcySx_RX7-REn-h715sRHa6JN-GVTzQO6d-18H2680KP60

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2019, 04:33:33 PM »

Congratulations on all of the nominations. 

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2019, 04:41:04 PM »

I’ll be making an ocean pie for Thanksgiving.

I’d cross a pecan to have a slice.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2019, 04:42:20 PM »

Okay, people, it's that time of year - the Broadway World LA theater nominations are out - A Carol Christmas is up for a whopping sixteen awards.  Please immediately go vote.  We're up for every category of local musical (plus Kritzerland in special theater event) - we have several actresses up for supporting - please vote for Peyton Kirkner in that category, and Lloyd Pederson in the supporting male category, where we have two up.  Our categories are: Best Musical Local, Best Director of a Musical Local, Best Musical Director Local, Best Choreography Local, Best Set Design Local, Best Costume Design, Best Sound Design, Best Lighting Design, Best Leading Actress in a Musical Local, Best Featured Actress in a Musical Local, Best Featured Actor in a Musical Local.  Sooner is better for voting.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/los-angeles/voteregion.cfm?fbclid=IwAR2kJt19Fy1WyvcySx_RX7-REn-h715sRHa6JN-GVTzQO6d-18H2680KP60

Can we vote multiple times? (And congratulations.)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2019, 04:43:25 PM »

Well, here I go.  Rehearsal.

Which actually bums me a little, because this is "Classic Tuesday" and I'm missing THE THIRD MAN in 4k at the Bedford Playhouse.

Bummer. I love that one. Wish it were still on Criterion.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2019, 04:44:13 PM »

Maybe the 4K is in advance of a new edition.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2019, 04:44:44 PM »

I'm very excited about the Dec. 6 release of the Encores! cast recording of "The New Yorkers''!

Here's a live performance from 2017.
https://soundcloud.com/user5614139/the-new-yorkers-overture-1

I can't wait!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2019, 04:45:45 PM »

My doctor just called me! She asked about the physical therapy situation and decided the best course was to put in another referral for new PT.  We hope this works!

Vibes it all gets straightened out.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2019, 04:46:18 PM »

Can we vote multiple times? (And congratulations.)

Yes, from different e-mail addresses.

John G.

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2019, 04:49:27 PM »

Yesterday, I proofread "You Did It," Eliza's reprise of "Just You Wait," Freddy's reprise of "On The Street Where You Live," and "Show Me."  Joshie is doing quite a beautiful job, and I wish I could be at the band rehearsal in two weeks to hear it.

You have probably already explained this, so my apologies for asking, but is this the tour orchestration he's doing?

He did the orchestration for THE KING AND I tour as well, right? What about the London telecast? (Which I haven't listened to yet.) Is that the orchestration as heard in Lincoln Center, or is it Josh's tour one?

This is for ther tour, which begins in several weeks.  Our friend John Bell, who conducted some of the Lincoln Center performances, will conduct the tour.  Joshie's King & I tour orchestrations are those heard in the London broadcast.

I started listening to Julie Andrews read Home Work. I enjoyed her first volume. This one is not quite as good. It’s a little more episodic. But I am hanging on her every word.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2019, 04:50:15 PM »

I’ve just gotten to Sound of Music.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2019, 05:05:19 PM »

I’ll be making an ocean pie for Thanksgiving.

I’d cross a pecan to have a slice.

;D

Jane

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2019, 05:05:25 PM »

I voted.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2019, 05:06:15 PM »

Today I have eaten toasted slivered almonds, walnuts, and cashews.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2019, 05:07:47 PM »

If I had any of these I would definitely have eaten some.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2019, 05:08:33 PM »

I just received an email to confirm my vote.  I guess it doesn't count until you confirm it.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2019, 05:08:46 PM »

And yes, I confirmed my vote ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2019, 05:10:39 PM »

Vote, vote, vote.

George

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2019, 05:20:43 PM »

I voted AND confirmed my vote!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2019, 05:43:41 PM »

Need lots and lots of votes from dear readers.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2019, 05:44:03 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to the mail place and then the theater.

George

« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2019, 06:38:01 PM »

My doctor just called me! She asked about the physical therapy situation and decided the best course was to put in another referral for new PT.  We hope this works!

~~~Referral Working Vibes for Larry!!~~~

George

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2019, 06:55:59 PM »

I voted AND confirmed my vote!

I voted AND confirmed my vote AGAIN!

jan

• cats are happiness in fur coats
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2019, 07:09:03 PM »

i voted

jan

• cats are happiness in fur coats
« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2019, 07:17:49 PM »

confirmed
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up