Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OTMAR VON SCHMICTER  (Read 5266 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: OTMAR VON SCHMICTER
« Reply #120 on: July 03, 2020, 04:49:16 PM »

Five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #121 on: July 03, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »

Feel better vibes for DR TCB!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: July 03, 2020, 04:58:50 PM »

Jane, remind me exactly which or whose conversation.  I've only done this new thing twice, both times today (well, last night and today).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: July 03, 2020, 04:59:13 PM »

TCB must feel better - we decree it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: July 03, 2020, 04:59:24 PM »

Or do we decry it?

Jennifer

« Reply #125 on: July 03, 2020, 05:01:25 PM »

DR Jane I am so sorry that you will have to wait longer to see your grand-baby.  Hopefully the time will come very soon.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: July 03, 2020, 05:07:17 PM »

Jane, remind me exactly which or whose conversation.  I've only done this new thing twice, both times today (well, last night and today).

The article you were tagged with showing the protests did not increase the numbers.  I had seen that before and also have my doubts. 

Jane

« Reply #127 on: July 03, 2020, 05:09:19 PM »

DR Jane I am so sorry that you will have to wait longer to see your grand-baby.  Hopefully the time will come very soon.

Thank you.  The hardest part is knowing my chance of holding her as a baby is being lost.  We are lucky to be able to video chat with her and look forward to the day we can read & do other activities with her.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: July 03, 2020, 05:09:27 PM »

Ah, yes, that was one that I deleted because idiots were piling on and rather than blocking all of them it was the simple push of the "delete" button to remove it all.

Jane

« Reply #129 on: July 03, 2020, 05:10:20 PM »

Bruce I agree with most of your rant.  All the time I think of single people, especially those without pets. I know how very lucky I am to have someone to hug.  I think of Craig who could be missing his last chance to meet someone and have a family.

I have a conniption fit whenever I see people out without masks, if they are playing or protesting, when they are not social distancing.  Wearing masks seems to work.  Is it foolproof, no but it really is all we have.  I think it is fear more than glee motivating those posting the numbers and hoping they will convince people to wear masks. 

I am absolutely convinced had people practiced social distancing and worn mask I would be leaving for Chicago in a few days.  I cannot express the depth of my sorrow or anger over those that only made everything worse.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: July 03, 2020, 05:13:03 PM »

Ah, yes, that was one that I deleted because idiots were piling on and rather than blocking all of them it was the simple push of the "delete" button to remove it all.

I did not see the entire conversation before you deleted it.  I did see where it was going.  You were invited into that one yet your response was not appreciated.  Keith keeps telling me not to respond on posts with my opinion as people only want responses that agree with them.  I am learning who I can have discussions of different views with and who I can't. 

Jane

« Reply #131 on: July 03, 2020, 05:19:55 PM »

Because of where we live we are lucky not to feel totally isolated.  We see people outside and stop to talk.  We do video chats with our children and best friends. 

Bruce if we lived in LA we would probably go to friends, sit outside and visit.  Have you thought about doing this?  You could each get your own meals, sit a good distance away, chat and eat.  Or just visit for awhile without eating.  We know people doing this with family or a small number of friends.  Do you have a yard where you live?   

Jane

« Reply #132 on: July 03, 2020, 05:22:45 PM »

I received a text today.  I can't believe anyone would even answer this question.  "If you could vote for president today who would you choose, Bernie or Hillary".

Laura

« Reply #133 on: July 03, 2020, 05:29:31 PM »

Good afternoon.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #134 on: July 03, 2020, 05:30:47 PM »

John G., there is a youtube channel called "Glen and Friends Cooking." Sometimes he pulls out old church cookbooks and whips up a masterpiece.

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: July 03, 2020, 05:30:56 PM »

Thank you.  The hardest part is knowing my chance of holding her as a baby is being lost.  We are lucky to be able to video chat with her and look forward to the day we can read & do other activities with her.

You, my friend Rebecca, and I are members of the same club.  Her granddaughter was born in Atlanta in April.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2020, 05:32:56 PM »

Jane, are cases in Illinois going up? Is that why you aren't going?

Jane

« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2020, 05:52:35 PM »

Illinois is up as is the county that includes Chicago.  Bryan says the numbers in Chicago are going down and his hospital isn't bad.  Yet then he mentioned the danger of not always wearing protective clothing before diagnosing covid.  He mentioned he had suspected someone that wasn't showing all the symptoms and fortunately put on his protective clothing as they had it.

All the time at the airports wearing masks, then 4.5 hours on a flight where hopefully everyone is wearing a mask.  Then we have to get to the hotel and back.  Bryan would pick us up but do we want to be in the car with him if we aren't all wearing masks.  Then we could meet at a park or go to their place which makes us feel uncomfortable. 

I wish Illinois did what a few other states have done and said if you come from the high risk states then you need to quarantine for 2 weeks. 

Yes, odds are we could go and all would be fine.  That certainly seems to be Bryan's opinion.  If there was a quick test that was accurate we might feel safer going.  Is it worth the risk to see her now when she doesn't know the difference.  I don't know.  Keith thinks not.

Physically this would be a very hard trip.  Maybe we can look into renting an RV.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2020, 05:52:57 PM »

They have had offers from friends to babysit so at least they don't need us for that.

Jane

« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2020, 05:54:25 PM »

The friends are coworkers of Bryan's and don't worry about it.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2020, 05:55:05 PM »

You, my friend Rebecca, and I are members of the same club.  Her granddaughter was born in Atlanta in April.

You still have hope of holding a baby.  I need to let go of it.

Laura

« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2020, 05:58:24 PM »

Could you drive, stay in motels along the way and in Chicago and meet them in the park?

Laura

« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2020, 06:00:00 PM »

I am taking my birding buddy to the airport next week. I am worried about sending her home on the plane. And yet, I feel like she should get out of Arizona. If she and her husband could continue to stay in their trailer, they'd do better. But it's too hot for them here now. They want to go to Michigan. Michigan's numbers are down.

Laura

« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2020, 06:00:46 PM »

Here's the thing about babies -- they reach an age where they cry if they look at you. They are much more fun about 18 months old.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2020, 06:46:42 PM »

Jane, yes, I think the Pearls and I are going to do a dinner at some point soon.

Jane

« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2020, 07:11:14 PM »

Could you drive, stay in motels along the way and in Chicago and meet them in the park?

Three days each way.  Keith does all the driving and doesn't want to do a fast trip.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2020, 07:11:46 PM »

I am taking my birding buddy to the airport next week. I am worried about sending her home on the plane. And yet, I feel like she should get out of Arizona. If she and her husband could continue to stay in their trailer, they'd do better. But it's too hot for them here now. They want to go to Michigan. Michigan's numbers are down.

One way trip, not bad.  I wish her a safe one.

Jane

« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2020, 07:12:16 PM »

Here's the thing about babies -- they reach an age where they cry if they look at you. They are much more fun about 18 months old.

Right.  It seems like a lot of risk just for me to hold her.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2020, 07:12:38 PM »

Jane, yes, I think the Pearls and I are going to do a dinner at some point soon.

Good, though I wouldn't want to do it inside of a restaurant.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2020, 08:05:26 PM »

John G., there is a youtube channel called "Glen and Friends Cooking." Sometimes he pulls out old church cookbooks and whips up a masterpiece.

I love looking through mine. True, there are way too many gelatin salads. But there are some great veggie recipes in them and a few good entree ideas.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up