Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN RIBS ARE PRIME  (Read 3508 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WHEN RIBS ARE PRIME
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2020, 05:23:47 PM »

Singdaw, depending on the photo size, we reset this forum to accept photos much more easily, so try.  Usually at photo sharing sites, there's a code you copy and paste into here and it identifies the code for boards like this.

I am clueless how to do this. 

I renewed mine online, too.  For Washington state, just to here:  https://www.dol.wa.gov/driverslicense/renew.html

Then scroll down to "You have options to renew:"

:)

I think you meant to respond to Ginny's post regarding license renewals, not about posting photos here.

AARRGGHH!!  Dopey me! ::)

;D

Jane

« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2020, 05:24:27 PM »

TOD - There’s a restaurant here called The Meadows that is now a mere shadow of its former self.  But in its heyday, prime rib was one of their specialities and I’d always ask for the end cut because I prefer my meat more cooked than PR usually is in the center.  Two stories:

One night they said I couldn’t have the end because Mrs. So-and-so was coming in later and they always saved it for her.  They weren’t amused when I asked, “What about the other end?”

And another night no one got prime rib, because the person tasked with putting it in to cook after the lunch rush had neglected to turn on the oven.

Your response is funny, and someone was in big trouble ;D

Especially with Mrs. So-and-so!

;D

Jane

« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2020, 05:24:59 PM »

I had a very nice day out of town. I went up north and met with a park ranger about reestablishing native plants in a park.

It sounds like a perfect day for you.

Jane

« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2020, 05:25:44 PM »

I can't post photos here any more, either. I gave up trying to figure it out.

Every once in awhile I can post a photo.  Usually it says my file is too large.

Jane

« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2020, 05:27:15 PM »

DR Druxy congrats on your new play.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2020, 05:57:27 PM »

Off to my sister's.

Be back later.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2020, 06:00:13 PM »

DR Druxy congrats on your new play.

Thank you.
You can dream…or you can do.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2020, 06:04:52 PM »

What about the other end?      ;D

It seems like there should be a joke in there. About a horse. Or something.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2020, 06:05:58 PM »

My, the Customer Service tips you learn on HHW...  and for free!

It's worth the price of admission.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2020, 06:08:05 PM »

I've been diligently doing my breathing exercise with the plastic thing where you blow into it and the gauge goes up.

It's a pain in the neck, but I guess it's worth it to avoid developing pneumonia.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #100 on: September 24, 2020, 06:08:54 PM »

Actually, you don't blow into it...   the gauge goes up by breathing in. It's supposed to re-build your lung capacity.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #101 on: September 24, 2020, 06:09:34 PM »

Gratuitous post #101. In case anyone's counting.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #102 on: September 24, 2020, 06:10:38 PM »

We have a lot of extra time on our hands, and noticed that Dark Shadows (the original series) is available on Amazon Prime. So we've started at the beginning.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: September 24, 2020, 06:20:00 PM »

What about the other end?      ;D

It seems like there should be a joke in there. About a horse. Or something.

;D

Jane

« Reply #104 on: September 24, 2020, 06:25:01 PM »

I've been diligently doing my breathing exercise with the plastic thing where you blow into it and the gauge goes up.

It's a pain in the neck, but I guess it's worth it to avoid developing pneumonia.

I am soooo bad at that.  Having left mine in Ashland I was going to get one, instead we got me this.

Jane

« Reply #105 on: September 24, 2020, 06:25:41 PM »

I would like my score to be a bit higher but it is ok. 

Jane

« Reply #106 on: September 24, 2020, 06:26:54 PM »

Actually, you don't blow into it...   the gauge goes up by breathing in. It's supposed to re-build your lung capacity.

What I got just measures, it doesn't re-build.  I do other exercises. 

Jane

« Reply #107 on: September 24, 2020, 06:29:49 PM »

This conversation reminds me.....

DR Jennifer, how long have you had your oximeter?  I wish I had gotten one years ago.  It comes in handy when I feel like I am struggling to catch my breath, like the other night when I couldn't stop coughing.  I got up, checked my levels and was pleased to see they were normal.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: September 24, 2020, 07:06:53 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: September 24, 2020, 07:08:11 PM »

I've been doing some catch-up. All it takes is to be out of commission for a few days and things pile up. Well, OK, they had piled up before my surgery. But it gets worse quickly.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: September 24, 2020, 07:25:52 PM »

I've been trying to get in to see the ophthalmologist since May 2019. He has a 3-month wait, and then something would always come up and I'd have to reschedule. Then Covid hit and they have cancelled each of my appointments. The last time they did it by text and I couldn't even get through to the office to reschedule. I can't see properly with my right eye and it's only because of the Natural Ophthalmics products that I've mentioned here before that I'm able to read or drive. The products haven't cleared the problem up completely, but they've certainly improved it and I'm OK with it for now. (Taking them more often would probably help.) So it's not exactly a trivial problem. Today I tried again to reschedule and was able to speak to someone. As I explained the problem and she looked at my file she said, "Oh, you're not coming in for a cataract surgery consultation?" No, I've HAD cataract surgery. This is for the scarring that resulted. In that case, it's NOT a 3-month wait. Sigh. Every time I've called -- and it's been many times -- I've explained that it's a secondary cataract. Gawd! I don't expect the admin people to be doctors, but they really need to know more than this one does in order to even schedule patients appropriately. This problem is rampant throughout Cedars-Sinai and at UCLA when I was there. I think part of the problem is that so many people think that answering the phone is an easy job and doesn't require any expertise. But these people really do need to know a few things.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 07:48:57 PM by Jeanne »

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: September 24, 2020, 07:30:37 PM »

I also spoke to someone at the optometrist's office where I hope to become a patient. This is a small, one-doc office. She was pleasant and helpful and seemed to know her job. So welcome! I suspect she's been working there for a number of years. Honestly, if I could afford it I think I'd be tempted to just pay cash for all my medical services and bypass the dreaded bureaucracy. My insurance does pay for the exam, though, and a limited amount toward glasses. I can't complain about my insurance--just the providers.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: September 24, 2020, 07:30:50 PM »

So that's my rant.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #113 on: September 24, 2020, 07:31:13 PM »

DR Jeanne -

I am sorry. That sounds terrible. I hope that there can be some progress toward resolution,

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2020, 07:32:13 PM »

For my taste it's a bit too early to call it Indian Summer, but yesterday sure qualified. It could not have been more perfect for an evening at the local DRIVE-IN THEATER.

They pulled the show off beautifully. I'll gather some photographic evidence later, because it's difficult to describe what they did and what it looked like.

In the meantime:

At the end, there was the expected applause and horn-honking as the cast took their bows and some of the cars began to pull out. As it was dying down, our music director said, "Put your headphones back on."

"Okay, now I can tell you this. That Audi that was parked right here behind me and Charles? It had Stephen Sondheim in it."

Wow! Very impressive! I can see why he didn't tell you sooner.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #115 on: September 24, 2020, 07:32:14 PM »

DR Jane, I am interested in purchasing an oximeter. They don't seem to be too expensive.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2020, 07:34:02 PM »

DR ChasSmith, I saw my neighbor Mark who was off to redeem his unemployment debit card! I don't understand this at all.  Direct deposit I understand.

A restaurant manager friend told me that her former crew all get there unemployment "on a card." I imagine it's the same thing.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2020, 07:37:46 PM »

I have a feeling this is going to be an ordeal.

I've been notified of deliveries that were non-existent, but they usually find their way to my door somehow. The other day the delivery person apparently couldn't distinguish between an A and a G. We've learned where the packages often are and check there.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2020, 07:39:26 PM »

Well the first Chinese girl I spoke to at FedEx was unhelpful.....so I asked to talk to someone else.

"Steve" then came on and told me I have to contact the sender.....I tried to explain to him the sender didn't have anything to do with it.....my package is on the truck and the driver gave me someone else's package.

There was obviously nothing in his script that fit that situation - so he just kept telling me I had to contact the sender.  I said I was glad I didn't have his job misleading people and giving disservice and said goodbye.

I sent an email to the seller.....but I expect nothing except a loss of my $22.

DR singdaw that's quite a nifty bedside table.

I hope it gets resolved to your satisfaction.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2020, 07:42:21 PM »

I did find this and follow these directions to talk to someone after a useless few attempts at just calling:

How to Call a Live Person in Fedex Customer Service

Dial 1-800-463-3339.
    Say “give me options”
    Say “more options” or press 7.
    Say “even more options” or press 7.
    Say “it's something else” or press 8.
    After that, the automated phone system will connect you to a live customer service agent from Fedex.

And it did work.

Many systems will response to you pressing the zero. Then you can say something like "live agent." I often say "real person", but that doesn't work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up