Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TOO MUCH FOOD  (Read 3520 times)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
Re: TOO MUCH FOOD
« Reply #120 on: January 11, 2021, 07:11:26 PM »

Cleaning up after dinner, I heard the sound of running water, and immediately knew...  it was happening again.

Water pouring into our bathroom from the unit above through the ceiling. This is the 6th time it has happened.

We are perturbed.

The building's management just can't seem to figure out what the problem might be.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #121 on: January 11, 2021, 07:12:01 PM »

I'm too annoyed to do a page five dance.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: January 11, 2021, 07:13:05 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #123 on: January 11, 2021, 07:13:31 PM »

But I do join DR TCB in wishing DR John G. and DB JB ~~~SAFE TRAVEL VIBES~~~ for tomorrow.

George

« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2021, 07:13:41 PM »

Cleaning up after dinner, I heard the sound of running water, and immediately knew...  it was happening again.

Water pouring into our bathroom from the unit above through the ceiling. This is the 6th time it has happened.

We are perturbed.

The building's management just can't seem to figure out what the problem might be.

Oh, no!  Hopefully, the building's management will eventually be able figure it all out!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #125 on: January 11, 2021, 07:14:30 PM »

But I do join DR TCB in wishing DR John G. and DB JB ~~~SAFE TRAVEL VIBES~~~ for tomorrow.

~~~DITTO, TOO!!~~~

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #126 on: January 11, 2021, 07:14:49 PM »

Travel vibes for DR John G.!

Thank you.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #127 on: January 11, 2021, 07:15:24 PM »

And thanks to the rest of you.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2021, 07:16:06 PM »

The schools all close every September in honor of Ross Hashannah and Yom Kippur

It must be an age difference as our, mostly Jewish, schools stayed open.  Of course there weren't many students at school and homework was not given.

Well this was in NY...they still close foe the Jewish holidays
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

John G.

« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2021, 07:22:16 PM »

Maybe John G can weigh in on the differences between ice cream brands. Or George can conduct a meticulous study.

The kind of homework I like. When I was at the paper, I organized a blind tasting of 20 vanilla ice creams. It’s amazing how different they can be when you have them side by side. I think the winners were not a surprise to us. First place was an organic vanilla made by the local gourmet grocery chain. Second was Blue Bell. Breyer’s was in the top five or so. Haagen Dazs (sp?) wasn’t much further behind. The cheap local grocery knockoff was toward the bottom. In other words, you do pay for better, but not all pricey ice creams are equal either.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2021, 07:26:33 PM »

As for color, oh my God! I loved my father, but I hated his racism. As far back as I can remember I loved both Lena Horne and Ella Fitzgerald, but especially Lena. Every time they appeared on TV my dad would make a crack about race. It really drove a wedge between my parents and I.

My father had been like this, but he managed to change quite a bit, if not completely before he died. He had been so ingrained with Southern lies about the noble lost cause (vomit) that he never could believe he was fed anything but the truth. Such brainwashing.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2021, 07:26:50 PM »

I’m off to bed.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2021, 07:27:01 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2021, 07:40:05 PM »

I can't ever remember anytime that either of my parents had said anything racist or sexist or whatever...not that they were perfect, but I don't remember that kind of offensive talk.  Which is good because my ex-boyfriend was born and raised in Pakistan. ;) I've never felt that a person's ethnicity or religion had any baring on whether they were a good person.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2021, 07:45:52 PM »

Break time done.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: January 11, 2021, 10:14:56 PM »

Went to Gelson's and got a small Caesar, as the pasta wasn't all that much. Ate that. And have done thirteen pages so far and will do the rest after I post the notes. Only two or three to go.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #136 on: January 11, 2021, 10:28:54 PM »

Jane

« Reply #137 on: January 11, 2021, 10:29:12 PM »

Travel vibes for DR John G.!

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #138 on: January 11, 2021, 10:31:03 PM »

I'm too annoyed to do a page five dance.

:(  Once is bad enough. 

Jane

« Reply #139 on: January 11, 2021, 10:32:04 PM »

No more flooding vibes for DR Singdaw!

Jane

« Reply #140 on: January 11, 2021, 10:38:28 PM »

Maybe John G can weigh in on the differences between ice cream brands. Or George can conduct a meticulous study.

The kind of homework I like. When I was at the paper, I organized a blind tasting of 20 vanilla ice creams. It’s amazing how different they can be when you have them side by side. I think the winners were not a surprise to us. First place was an organic vanilla made by the local gourmet grocery chain. Second was Blue Bell. Breyer’s was in the top five or so. Haagen Dazs (sp?) wasn’t much further behind. The cheap local grocery knockoff was toward the bottom. In other words, you do pay for better, but not all pricey ice creams are equal either.

I think the Häagen-Dazs vanilla bean is superior to their regular vanilla.   I also place their vanilla above Breyer's and Blue Bell.  I suppose I need to do a blind taste.

Jane

« Reply #141 on: January 11, 2021, 10:40:07 PM »

Ice cream should also soften some and not be too cold in order to fully enjoy the texture and flavor.

Jane

« Reply #142 on: January 11, 2021, 10:40:47 PM »

As for color, oh my God! I loved my father, but I hated his racism. As far back as I can remember I loved both Lena Horne and Ella Fitzgerald, but especially Lena. Every time they appeared on TV my dad would make a crack about race. It really drove a wedge between my parents and I.

My father had been like this, but he managed to change quite a bit, if not completely before he died. He had been so ingrained with Southern lies about the noble lost cause (vomit) that he never could believe he was fed anything but the truth. Such brainwashing.

:(

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2021, 11:12:56 PM »

Just heard on the local news:

”Coming up, the latest peach on the impushment.”
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: January 11, 2021, 11:17:41 PM »

I tried to watch the ABC special “24 HOURS: The Assault on the Capitol” available only on Hulu, but I lost the connection about six times before giving up.  It looks very good, of what I saw.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #145 on: January 11, 2021, 11:18:05 PM »

I tried to watch the ABC special “24 HOURS: The Assault on the Capitol” available only on Hulu, but I lost the connection about six times before giving up.  It looks very good, of what I saw.

Sounds interesting, but I don't have Hulu.

George

« Reply #146 on: January 11, 2021, 11:18:16 PM »

Hi, Tom and Jane.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #147 on: January 11, 2021, 11:27:57 PM »

Cold today but no snow....

Car is at the shop for body work......3-4 days.  So we shall see.

I have not been stimulated yet.

Neither have I.   I should have had direct deposit, but it says my check was mailed on January 6 (apparently sent by pony express).
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: January 11, 2021, 11:30:09 PM »

From DR TCB:
It still boggles my mind, at the age of 70, how naive I was regarding so many things.  In particular, I can’t believe that growing up I was so unaware of anti-semitism.

Unless you had Jewish friends that talked about it, I can understand this.  I don't suppose you read or watched Gentleman's Agreement?

I am trying to think of other books I read, or movies I watched, that dealt with the subject in America.

When I heard about the movie, I couldn’t figure out what they were talking about.  So, I never watched it.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up