Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: A HODGE-PODGE OF VARIOUS AND SUNDRIED THOUGHTS  (Read 25899 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:A HODGE-PODGE OF VARIOUS AND SUNDRIED THOUGHTS
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2005, 07:27:55 AM »

And one for Mahler!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2005, 07:28:02 AM »

...OH!

And when I get back after rehearsal, please remind me to share the story of the Drunk Ass Gay Boy Giving Advice and Commentary to the Drunk Ass Straight Boy Last Night On the Subway.

;D

Jose, this is a reminder for you to share the story of the Drunk Ass Gay Boy Giving Advice and Commentary to the Drunk Ass Straight Boy Last Night On the Subway. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2005, 07:29:20 AM »

Now, I must leave for work...be back soon (when I get to work ;))!

George

« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2005, 07:31:24 AM »

Hey...Be Back Soon...that's an Oliver! reference!  (Better late than never, I guess ::))

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2005, 07:36:25 AM »

Boy, talk about movies you never expected to see on DVD! Next week we're getting the release of Leslie Howard's PYGMALION (well, I'm not TOO surprised that this one is showing up), IN OLD ARIZONA (the 1929 Western that won Warner Baxter the Best Actor Oscar), and a very early Bette Davis/Joan Blondell melodrama THREE ON A MATCH!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2005, 07:38:24 AM »

Next week also, we get THE RAZOR'S EDGE (which I've had on laserdisc for a long time), but the Tyrone Power movie I'm really happy to see being release in early June is NIGHTMARE ALLEY. Can't wait!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2005, 07:54:21 AM »

Dear DR Matt: To paraphrase Wilde, to lose one child may be regarded as a misfortune.  To lose both looks like carelessness.

Sorry, couldn't resist.   ::)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2005, 07:55:43 AM »

Well, I get your meaning, but it's not so funny when you're in the middle of a shambles.

Jennifer

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2005, 08:01:06 AM »

Here is what I could find for CBS' new fall schedule:

Looks like Numb3rs got renewed.  But no Judging Amy. :(  (very sad about that).  And no Joan of Arcadia.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|95375|1|,00.html
« Last Edit: May 18, 2005, 08:02:11 AM by Jennifer »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2005, 08:01:46 AM »

Just catching up on yesterday's posts wherein MBarnum said
Rodzinski, Vixmom, and Ginny...this BOOKWORM game had us HHWers quite busy for sometime until we all managed to kick the habit!

Click on the link...I dare you! .....http://www.popcap.com/gamepopup.php?theGame=bookworm

MBarnum, you are an evil temptor!  I am goingto try to erase this a knowledge from my brain

MUST NOT CREATE WORDS

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2005, 08:04:52 AM »

DR Vixmom and Rodzinski are now one of us...gooboo gaboo, gooboo gaboo...one of us, one of us...

MBarnum

« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2005, 08:06:10 AM »

DR Elmore, it is good to see you up and about...even if you are higher then a kite!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2005, 08:06:45 AM »

dear elmore I am glad that you are up and well enough to post, but sorry that you are in so much pain.

~~~~~VIBES FOR A QUICK RECOVERY~~~~
Ditto from myself and der Brucer.
[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2005, 08:13:40 AM »

[move=up,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Today is National Cheese Souffle Day.[/move]
Here's hoping everyone's souffles rise!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2005, 08:17:46 AM »

Dear DR Jrand, I'm not sure about episodes of shows that I particularly dislike, since I'm not that fanatical about my television watching (with the exception of Good Eats, of course).

However, I have noticed a peculiar phenomenon.  There have been occasions when I have, for whatever reason, only seen one episode of a series in first run.  Whenever I happen to tune in to that series again, in repeats, more often than not it will be the exact same episode!  I kid you not!

I mean, deja vu is creepy enough in real life!   :o

vixmom

« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2005, 08:18:03 AM »

Tonight, I will be most errant and truant...and truant and errant.  A local community theater is doing La Cage Aux Folles and my ticket is for tonight.  I've been hearing really good things about this production, so I'm really looking forward to it.  I have a couple of cast recordings (OBC & OGermanC) but have never seen it.  So, tonight I will!

Perhaps after the show you can hang around the stage door and see if the actress playing Anne is interested in flying out to North Carolina,  I'm sure DRMattH will be happy to have her as his house guest   :D

vixmom

« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2005, 08:20:31 AM »

Dear DR Jrand, I'm not sure about episodes of shows that I particularly dislike, since I'm not that fanatical about my television watching (with the exception of Good Eats, of course).

However, I have noticed a peculiar phenomenon.  There have been occasions when I have, for whatever reason, only seen one episode of a series in first run.  Whenever I happen to tune in to that series again, in repeats, more often than not it will be the exact same episode!  I kid you not!

I mean, deja vu is creepy enough in real life!   :o

This happend to me as well, I have only see "Everybody Loves Raymond" in reruns (not during its regular time period) always by "accident"while flipping through the channels and its always the same darn one!

Ben

« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2005, 08:22:46 AM »

Looks like Chitty has run out of gas in London. It's closing in September.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/93019.html

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2005, 08:28:29 AM »

DR Elmoore:  Be wary of the side effects of Vicodin.  I think I mentioned them last summer after breaking the bones at my elbow joint.

It may not have the same effect on you that it did on me, but if we share any commonalities, then be prepared for some major cleaning jags.  That's right, I said "cleaning."

My first night out of the hospital, and really comfy cozy with my Vicodin dosage, I was unable to concentrate on TV or reading, but let my eyes land on my refrigerator, the front of which was cluttered with various and sundry things.  I didn't like the looks of it and began clearing off the clutter.  Then I noticed it needed cleaning.  Some forty minutes later, I had cleaned the entire refrigerator, inside and out, and was sitting in my easy chair wondering what the hell it was that got into me with a rather uncomfortable cast on my right arm and my left arm all tuckered out.

It continued through the week.  It was quite nice to have such a thorough cleaning, though.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2005, 08:41:57 AM »

DR Elmoore:  Be wary of the side effects of Vicodin.  I think I mentioned them last summer after breaking the bones at my elbow joint.

It continued through the week.  It was quite nice to have such a thorough cleaning, though.

DRRonPulliam, my apartment could use it!  ;D

So far, though, I just want to lie around and do nothing but sleep.  Thanks for the PM as well.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: May 18, 2005, 08:50:21 AM »

Ask Question Day #1:

When will you announce the title of the cast album?

I was going to announce several things today, but decided to hold off until we're through recording next Tuesday.  So, either next Wednesday or Thursday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: May 18, 2005, 08:52:08 AM »

Wednesday....my question for ASK BK day:

Are there any episodes of favorite television series that you do NOT like:

IE.  I do not like the I LOVE LUCY episodes that deal with Little Ricky learning to play the drums, having stage fright, or going to nursery school, or the one with Jay Novello as a nervous man who rents the Ricardo's apartment, or "The Hollywood Anniversary".  I also do NOT like any television episode of any series that features Sterling Holloway, who irritates me in the most horrible way.

Too many to list.  Every series goes through bad periods - in fact, I can't think of any show ever where I haven't sat and scratched my head and said, "What was THAT episode?"

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2005, 08:53:54 AM »

I'm asking!  I asking!...

BK - Since Little Women will be closing on Broadway this weekend, do you think you're gonna try to catch one of the final performances?

I wouldn't mind seeing it, but no time.  I'm afraid Drat is the only show I'll have time for, unless something plays Sunday evening.  Does anything?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2005, 08:56:09 AM »

I can't remember if this has been asked before, but...

Is there any artist/group whose catalog of songs you think would actually make a good "jukebox musical"?  Something with a real plot and not just a revuesical?

Not really.  I mean, there are wonderful catalogs of songs (I presume you mean rock and roll), but I just don't like the form, and I don't like shoehorning the songs into a plot and have them trying to mean something they never meant

Matt H.

« Reply #54 on: May 18, 2005, 08:56:46 AM »

I'll look in VARIETY to see if I see anything else about CBS' schedule.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: May 18, 2005, 09:01:51 AM »

Why is this the LAST "Ask BK Day"?????  :o

Will you never more answer questions put to you?  :(
Will we be  prohibited from ever again asking questions?  :-X
What if it is information we really need and only you know the answer?   ???

Oh this is so distressing. :-\

I have found that the days that don't have real topics are the dog days - hence, the removal of the free-for-all day, the day in which the dear readers are supposed to make with the topics and infrequently do, ans Ask BK Day, which we've been doing since the beginning.  You simply don't have to save up the questions, you can ask they whenever you feel like it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2005, 09:04:45 AM »

Greetings, all.  Sorry to have been E&T the last couple of days.

But my return does bring a question for Ask BK Day:

Has there ever been a movie that you have seen once and only once, and refrain from seeing ever again because you feel that in its initial viewing, the circumstances were so perfect for you to love the movie that you fear any subsequent viewing would ruin what you feel was a near-perfect experience?  (Of course, the movie itself doesn't have to be any great work of art...:) )

I can't stay away from movies where the experience was so wonderful.  I go back and back.  That hasn't happened for many, many years, however.   I can tell you that the opposite has happened - a movie experience so loathsome that I have refused to ever seen the film again - I can think of one right off the bat - The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: May 18, 2005, 09:06:58 AM »

For "Ask BK Day":

1) Which performance of DRAT, THE CAT will you be atttending?  We will be there Saturday night.

2) Will the Guy Haines CD have a "hidden track" which has come to be a feature on so many BK-produced CDs?

Sunday matinee.  I have a hidden track in mind, but we haven't recorded it yet.  We'll see if we have time.  I'd meant to do one on the original Guy Haines album, but it didn't work out, time-wise.  

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2005, 09:08:31 AM »

Not surprised about JUDGING AMY or JOAN OF ARCADIA, though AMY was still earning second place finishes in its time slot, but the demographic is aging, and CBS has liked the taste of winning in the 18-49 age bracket, so bye-bye AMY. (That's one reason why 60 MINUTES WEDNESDAY was axed; too old an audience.)

Can't say there are any true surprises here. I just KNEW that THE KING OF QUEENS would move back to Monday. It was the anchor on Monday for years, and none of the other shows CBS has tried there ever matched its ratings.

Looks like Friday will be CBS' pananormal night with a MEDIUM rip-off at 8 and another alien clone at 9.

Viewers are going to be SO over aliens by midseason next year.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2005, 09:09:39 AM »

Dear Everybody,

What was your Junior High school science fair project? Was it something creative, or was it one of those boring volcanoes?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up