Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WE'RE TALKIN' FIREWORKS  (Read 17000 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:WE'RE TALKIN' FIREWORKS
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2005, 05:31:29 PM »

Thank you, Ginny.

I ended up sleeping until noon today.  We had a seven hour rehearsal on Saturday for 42nd STREET.  Yesterday, we had a three and a half hour rehearsal.  After rehearsal was over, I drove up north to have a barbecue with friends.  After dinner, we ended up watching SHANGHAI NOON on televsion.  I hate to admit it, but it was kind of a cute movie, although I still think that Owen Wilson is one of the worst actors working in Hollywood.  

But he is so cute!  :)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2005, 05:32:43 PM »

Back early from work - they were simply overstaffed at the store, and I was the only one willing to take a shorter shift.  Hey, a lot of the checkers over the summer are students from Russia, and they need the money short-term.  I'm long-term.

And yes, pleasant is a very good word.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2005, 05:35:15 PM »

MBarnum you are a better person than I am as I have no plans to catch up.  Please email me if I missed anything super important. :-[

Ron thanks for the notice on Stargate. :D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2005, 05:35:20 PM »

When I got back home, der Brucer had a Fourth of July program on the TV, coming from Washington DC.  It sounded like someone doing a very poor kareoke rip-off of the Beach Boys.  Unfortunately, it was Mike Love.  Quite embarrassing.   :P
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2005, 05:38:46 PM »

Tomovoz please wish OzDerek good working vibes.  

Tomovoz

« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2005, 05:43:25 PM »

Will do Jane. I am expecting him to phone shortly.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2005, 05:45:31 PM »

SWW, so sad.  We hesitate to go see some of the “oldies but goodies” concerts anymore.  

A number of years ago Andy Williams had a Christmas show.  It was freaky, as if he had been caught in a time warp.  I would rather have watched a rerun when he was in his prime.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2005, 05:47:40 PM »

Thanks Tomovoz.  

I need to go make crepes now.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2005, 05:48:57 PM »

A number of years ago Andy Williams had a Christmas show.  It was freaky, as if he had been caught in a time warp.  I would rather have watched a rerun when he was in his prime.

Nurse Jane, you've been missed!  I've been waiting to tell you about a great history book I'm reading right now, SEX WITH KINGS by Eleanor Herman.  It's a history of royal mistresses, very informative and often outrageously hilarious.  I think you'd enjoy it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Tomovoz

« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2005, 05:57:06 PM »

Is that the sequel to Sex with Queens DR Elmore?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2005, 06:02:46 PM »

DR Jane, if I don't catch up on the missed days of postings I would feel so left out...king of like missing an episode of SURVIVOR, or something!

MBarnum

« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2005, 06:07:34 PM »

DR Jose,
I am pleased to know that you finally watched your Bollywood movie, and particularly happy that you enjoyed Himanshu Malik's performance...nobody takes his clothes off like Himanshu does! LOL!

I am awaiting the DVD of Himanshu's new film JACKPOT - THE MONEY GAME.

MBarnum

« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2005, 06:12:26 PM »

Ok, my long weekend began with a jaunt up to Wilsonville where James, Mark and I filled out gaping maws with pancakes, omletes, bacon and eggs. Then we drove separately...I in my car and Mark and James in their truck (they weren't planning on spending the night up at the lake...although they ended up doing so)....we met up with two of our hosts, Randy and Greg and their two doggies Pilot and Joey...Joey rode with me for the hour and 1/2 trip to the lake...

MBarnum

« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2005, 06:24:19 PM »

Here is shot of the outside of the camp...owned by two couples...Randy and Greg, and John and Ken.

It is such a beautiful place...there are a total of 1500 plots at Lake Merwin...I think the park covers a many mile radius.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 06:25:00 PM by MBarnum »

MBarnum

« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2005, 06:37:04 PM »

Here is a shot of the inside of the camp...all 1500 are similar to this...some more elaborate...some less...as you can see there is always a trailer, then there often a structure built around it...here the structure consists of a large deck and a sleeping loft above the trailer. The deck is heated for winter-time enjoyment...the trailer sleeps 9 comfortably and the loft had 5 mattresses in one long row and sleep about 10. It was pretty much first come first serve as far as deciding where you would sleep. I got the mattress next to my buddies James and Mark, but as I was a single, I had no idea who would be sharing the mattress with me...I just kept my fingers crossed  ;)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #135 on: July 04, 2005, 06:45:05 PM »

...I just kept my fingers crossed  ;)
But not your legs?

::)

MBarnum

« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2005, 06:52:41 PM »

My best friend Mark and his boyfriend James, who I also adore. James wasn't originally too keen on spending the weekend at the camp...but after he got there he found it was tons of fun...so they spent the night after all.

One guy brought a set-up in which he could show a dvd on a large movie screen on the deck...so many of us watched SOME LIKE IT HOT...the second feature was PRISCILLA, QUEEN OF THE DESERT, but by that time I decided I had had seen enough queens!!

Mark and I were the first two in the loft at around midnight...we were party poopers and very tired... but with the movie going and the camp lit up like Time's Square neither of us could sleep so we listened to the partygoers and laughed and giggled like school girls! Soon people started climbing the ladder and passing out on their chosen mattresses.

The party ended around 1 am or maybe a bit earlier.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #137 on: July 04, 2005, 06:55:12 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #138 on: July 04, 2005, 06:56:22 PM »

Hello, All,

I am back from the wilds of Roanoke, VA. I'll post more tomorrow. I just caught up on the days I missed. I did it without signing in because on dial-up the pages load much faster that way. No Avatars so things go much more quickly.

Tom, I noticed that you noticed my name on Saturday. I was in the lobby of the theatre waiting for the house to open and I saw a set up which allegedly allowed you to surf the Web for a while. I thought, why not? So I went to HainesHisWay, signed in and my name appeared at the top of the page, but some odd thing was happening because even though it allowed me to sign in, I was not recognized elsewhere and could not post the quick hello I was planning on posting. At that point, the house opened and I went into the theatre to see Anthony in Forum. As I said, I'll post more tomorrow but I wanted to say hello and goodbye. It's off to bed since I have to be at work tomorrow morning.

MBarnum

« Reply #139 on: July 04, 2005, 06:58:32 PM »

This is Evan. He turned out to be my mattress mate. He was a perfect gentleman (maybe I should be insulted? ::). The dog he is holding, Ingrid, however, was a slut! All night she wandered from one mattress to another, cuddling with whoever was available! LOL!

In fact, along with Ingrid and the Lhasa Apsos (SP) Pilot and Joey, I had at least one or two dogs sleeping around me at all times (they all seemed to move from person to person).

MBarnum

« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2005, 07:05:59 PM »

Here we have Wes (left) and Randy (right). Wes was the official mixologist for our group...he is a very interesting guy. We discovered we share a love of Arabic pop music (of which he had brought several CDs of)..a taste he developed while being stationed in Abhu Dhabi (SP) recently.

He also was the guy who set up the DVD theater...he is quite handy to have around!  ;D

He made the most glorious lemon drops and a mouth watering Guava martini.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 09:25:02 PM by MBarnum »

Jane

« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2005, 07:08:12 PM »

DR Jane, if I don't catch up on the missed days of postings I would feel so left out...king of like missing an episode of SURVIVOR, or something!

LOL.  I just feel lucky to have returned. :D  I'm not sure I will make it tomorrow.

MBarnum

« Reply #142 on: July 04, 2005, 07:09:59 PM »

Nancy and her girlfriend Tamara were the token lesbians. They are adorable, sweet girls! But they do get wild when they have put down several drinks!

Note the giant gash on Nancy's leg!! She learned never to listen to the advice of a drunken gay man (my buddy Mark) who suggested Nancy be butch and go potty in the wooded area instead of always using the bathroom in the trailer!
« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 07:11:22 PM by MBarnum »

Jane

« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2005, 07:12:02 PM »

MBarnum, nice photos and stories to go with them.

Ben, glad you had a good time.

MBarnum

« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2005, 07:15:49 PM »

Ken doing his daily workout...lesbian lifting.

Ken is a great guy..he and his partner John went in with Randy and Greg to purchase the camp plot.

I had never had a chance in the past to get to know John and Ken much, only meeting them last New Years Eve, but we chatted quite a bit while sunbathing, and they are two of the finest!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2005, 07:17:36 PM »

Good Evening!

Back from some pretty wonderful fireworks, and a pretty wonderful evening in general.

I just popped back into the rehearsal studio on the way back from the fireworks to use the computer here - since it was on the way.

However, I shall post details later.  Once I'm back at my dorm.  Just wanted to check in.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2005, 07:18:34 PM »

MBarnum - Great pics!

Where are the ones of you?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2005, 07:20:40 PM »

Well, that is plenty of pictures for one day I think.

I must now eat some dinner and watch my Bollywood movie of the weekend...a little 1966 romantic comedy called AAYE DIN BAHAAR KE starring Dharmendra and Asha Parekh.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2005, 07:21:05 PM by MBarnum »

Jane

« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2005, 07:20:48 PM »

Nurse Jane, you've been missed!  I've been waiting to tell you about a great history book I'm reading right now, SEX WITH KINGS by Eleanor Herman.  It's a history of royal mistresses, very informative and often outrageously hilarious.  I think you'd enjoy it.

I thought I would return before you did.  It is nice to have you missing me instead of the other way around. :)

I added the book to my long list of books I need to read.  There was a time a slow week was only reading one book.  Now I'm lucky to read two books a month. :o

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2005, 07:21:21 PM »

BK - Laurel Masse says HI right back at you.  She was very flattered that you remembered her.  -"remember" not exactly being the right word, but you get my drift.

I also filled her in on Kritzerland...  And once I'm back at my dorm, I'll e-mail you her e-mail address should you wish to contact her.

;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up