Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FIDGETY  (Read 16893 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FIDGETY
« on: July 23, 2005, 12:03:56 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were fidgety like me, and now it is time for you to post until the fidgety cows come home.  To it, I say.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2005, 12:03:41 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:FIDGETY
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 12:05:02 AM »

And the word of the day is: QUELL!

Jennifer

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2005, 03:49:05 AM »

Okay why are there no posts?  I have never seen that before!

Anyhow for those who watch Big Brother the nominations are up!
(I will leave it as a link in case some don't want to see them).

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/TV_Shows/B/BigBrother6/home.html (click on chat icon, and it will be written at the top).

I will say this. I  love Kaysar!

DR RonP, re: nominating Janelle, I think that is a bad idea.  Because if she didn't come off, then the core alliance would vote her out.  If he wanted to put Eric up, he would have to use someone else as a pawn (like ivette). Someone who he didn't care if they got booted.

I am actually pleasantly surprised by the noms, because I was thinking that Kaysar was buying into what a certain smart player was feeding him.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2005, 03:56:10 AM »

Good morning, all!  I've just put laundry into the dryer and I'm about to listen to a couple of DARLING OF THE DAY tracks to make sense of the lousy manuscript I'm holding.  The good news is I'm down to the last two numbers.  Tams-Witmark is now desperate to get a completely cleaned up GOLDEN APPLE from me, so as soon as DOTD is over, I'll be living at Lexington and 50th Street.

TOD:  I've had some insufferable waits in my life, in some of our toniest air terminals.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2005, 04:32:26 AM »

SO FAST!!!
A CD “New Guy In Town” arrived this afternoon from Kritzerland, California, USA.  I’ll play it tomorrow afternoon having a cup of special blended coffee. Thank you, dear BK.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 04:35:43 AM »

And...
To a poor boy who is very addicted to Diet Coke and is fidgety now.
I wonder why you don’t use any delivery service to replenish YOUR OWN Diet Coke supplies. Since you’d know how many cans/bottles of Diet Coke you have a week or a month, it’s easy to order them as much as you need and you don’t have to run for them any more.  Just a suggestion. :-*

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 04:40:27 AM »

Good morning, DRHisaka!  Did you ever get your complete PORGY & BESS recording?  If so, which one?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 04:56:27 AM »

Thank you for the photo of Eiko Ando, DR Mbarnum.

Ultimately I watched "The Barbarian and Geisha"and I enjoyed it beyond my expectations. John Wayne, who played the first U.S. Consul-General to Japan, looks quite different from his image in other western films I’ve ever seen. However, he’s majestic and statly in it. Besides, thankfully the director John Huston made it with quite correct understanding of Samurai spirit, more than Last Samurai (in my opinion).

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2005, 05:11:41 AM »

Good morning, fellow dear readers.

It is 5:15 a.m. and a nippy 83F outside, thanks to the lovely rain we had last night. It will be hot and sticky today, but hopefully less than 110F today.

The yard sale has been extended, and this will be the last day. While that's going on inside, I'll be planting flowers outside.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2005, 05:19:43 AM »

Hope you are still here, DR ELOMRE. For some reason, it's pretty hard to access (come back) to this page...
Good morning DR ELMORE!
It’s rain and a little chill, in Tokyo.
The Houston Grand Opera Cast CD from Porgy and Bess is the one I ordered (not received yet). The CD was recommended a few dear readers including you, DR ELMORE, so I pick it up. Thank you.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2005, 05:21:36 AM »

Too late. :-[

Michael

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 07:15:08 AM »

From yesterday:

Re: Suzanne Sommers

I guess this means she blew her chances at winning a Theater World Award.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2005, 07:19:28 AM »

Easy question for me about weight gain and weight loss because it happened in the same part of my life.

The first 10 months after I retired, I did nothing but sit, eat, read, and watch TV. I stopped exercising, I did no shows, I took no dance classes. I gained enough weight to weigh 229 pounds, by far the heaviest I had ever been. I was then cast as Alan in BABY and could not get all the way though "The Plaza Song" with its exercising choreography and still be able to sing. On top of that, I saw a publicity picture of me in a sweat suit, and I did not recognize myself with this totally round basketball-shaped head and triple chin.

In the middle of that show, I started exercising again and I continued exercising and watching what I ate through the rest of that summer and into fall. By October (diet started in June), I had lost 42 pounds, and I promised myself I would never let myself weigh over 200 again in my life. So far, I have kept that promise, but for soimeone who loves to eat (and to eat all the wrong things for god health), it is a major chore in my life and a constant struggle.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2005, 07:22:20 AM »

After the two thunderstorms we had yesterday in addition to all the rain we have had all week, my lawn is overgrown again, and I must get out and mow the grass. A little bit ago, it was still wet from last night's rain, so I'm waiting for the sun to dry the grass out enough for me to mow without it being too soggy.

Matt H.

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2005, 07:25:08 AM »

I have been making my way slowly through the book BROADWAY MUSICALS: The 101 Best Shows of All Time. What a marvelous book this is! Every page has amazing photos, and the tidbits of information both new and old never cease to entertain. Highly recommend this book to anyone who loves classic musicals.

Matt H.

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2005, 07:28:02 AM »

I read this morning that at long last, Hitchcock's LIFEBOAT is being released on DVD by 20th-Fox on October 18th. This is, I believe, the last of his American films to get a DVD release, and I'm looking forward to having it.

Matt H.

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2005, 07:28:54 AM »

In more Hitchcock news, I read that Universal is releasing the entire first season of his TV series in a boxed set this fall. Forget the exact date, but at least it's coming.

Michael

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2005, 07:31:15 AM »

Re: Trivia Question.

I think I got it  right away. The first answer that pops into my head is usually a starting point but I think I got it right away! I shall send BK an email
Never stop dreaming.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2005, 07:48:42 AM »

...Tams-Witmark is now desperate to get a completely cleaned up GOLDEN APPLE from me,...
Shouldn't that be "a completely polished Golden Apple"?

:D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2005, 07:51:24 AM »

If you got it THAT quickly, DR Michael, you are GOOD! I read through it rather hurriedly, had no clue at all, and knowing the busy day I've got ahead of me, though I might be skipping the question this week.

Cillaliz

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2005, 08:16:19 AM »

Whew!  It was a very busy week at work and I'm glad the weekend is finally here.  I'm about to venture out in the heat to go to Sioux City's first Renaissance Festival.  It's supposed to be pretty good, much better than expected for a first year.  With the Minnesota Renaissance Festival so close, there are high expectations. I hope they pull it off so we can make it an annual event.  

Yesterday the heat index was 118 degrees at 6:00pm and still 108 degrees at 10:00pm Yikes! I pity the guys in the jousting gear and the horses under them!

We're supposed to have a heat index of about 120 degrees today. I can't wait until this heat breaks. With the humidity it's like walking around with a wet electric blanket wrapped around you....not that I've ever done that....

Cillaliz

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2005, 08:19:33 AM »

I did catch BB6 on Thursday and love the updates from the 24/7 cam. Still getting into it, so I'm not really sure who I would like to see nominated. I'd love it if Eric gets the boot, but I don't see Kaysar nominating him right away.  Kaysar is smart and I am dying to see how he gets even for the way Michael was treated. I think he'll find a way.

As I recall the pairs will be revealed to the houseguests tonight. I can't wait to see how that stirs things up!

Cillaliz

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2005, 08:21:22 AM »

I can't believe we are still on page 1 this late in the morning. !!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2005, 08:23:57 AM »

Good Morning!

Ah, sleep.  I believe I got into bed shortly after posting my last post last night... And I "officially" got out of bed at 11:00 this morning.  Ah... A good nine-ish hours of sleep.  I needed it too!  The past week was catching up with me.

And it's a beautiful sunny day here in NYC!  And the humidity is down today too!

-Guess I should venture outside sometime today.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2005, 08:24:09 AM »

Looks like JMK Jane and I have our get together planned in Portland. I'm really looking forward to it!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2005, 08:24:38 AM »

I can't believe we are still on page 1 this late in the morning. !!

I mean... You'd think it was a weekend or something like that....

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2005, 08:25:41 AM »

I mean... You'd think it was a weekend or something like that....

;)

Or that people actually have lives that don't involve being online!!!

Cillaliz

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2005, 08:27:56 AM »

DR Rodzinski - Are the cats hurting each other when they fight? If not, they may just be establishing who is going to be in charge.  My cats love each other and can be very tender, but they still love to fight and wrestle at times.  As long as they aren't hurting each other, they'll sort it out

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2005, 08:29:10 AM »

In one year, I gained fifty pounds, and I'm glad of it!

Let me explain.  Back when I was in high school, I was a rail-thin kid who somehow managed to stretch 145 pounds (max) onto a 6'2" frame.  I'm sure I had other reasons for having a lousy self-image, but being this thin didn't help matters any.  That it was a genetic thing (my father had been the same way, stretched on a 6'4" frame) didn't matter, either.

The real problem was that I stayed that weight for a long time, just as my father had.  Der Brucer and I had already met, twenty years ago, and I still weighed the same 145 pounds.

That I was smoking didn't help matters any.  Der Brucer was smoking, too, however, just another of the miriad things we had in common.

Then came the time that I decided to quit smoking.  I somehow managed to do it cold turkey, and was a total bitch for about a month.  (I am normally only a partial bitch.   ::))  Der Brucer quit smoking about a year later, but that's another story.

The weight gain started, of course.  Since I no longer had the tobacco interfering with my tasting food, I became much more interested in eating (this was before I started cooking, by the way).  The real test came a few months later, when I realized it was time to buy myself new pants, ones that fit.  By that time, I had gained twenty-five pounds.

Those pants only lasted about six months before I outgrew them, too.  Fortunately, this second re-wardrobing was the the last, sort of, as my weight stablilized, sort of.  By the end of the year, I had gained fifty pounds.  Put another way, I had increased my weight by a full third of what it had been before.

This took some getting used to.  If I'd thought men joking about women's complaints about "water weight gain" to be crass and boorish before, I now had solid evidence of what it felt like.  On the other hand, I was no longer that skinny twerp.  My self-confidence began to build.  I became mellower.

Remembering that my father had also been a smoker, I checked with him.  Yes, he had also gained to his present weight after quitting smoking.  Upon reflection, he quit smoking when he was about the same age as I.  And he's much happier now than he remembers himself being before he quit and gained.

Let this be a lesson to those who smoke.  You'll be happier if you don't.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Cillaliz

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2005, 08:33:37 AM »

Well, time to lather on some sunscreen and head out to the Festival.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up