Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FIDGETY  (Read 16719 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re:FIDGETY
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2005, 10:42:42 AM »

Welcome FJL!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2005, 11:00:01 AM »

Could it be KVELL or maybe QVELL???

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2005, 11:57:31 AM »

DRs Ben, elmore and Rodzinksi - Anyone up for dinner tonight?
We were planning on having dinner at El Azteca (mexican food) before seeing the show tonight.  Feel free to join us as we frantically down margaritas in preparation for Suzanne Sommers.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2005, 12:05:02 PM »

As for today's topic, my biggest weight gain was my freshman year in collge.  It wasn't the freshman 10 or even 15- I gained 30 pounds!  I blame it on this fabulous service called Dial-a-meal.  You could call the number and order take out from any of the area fast food restaurants: fat slice pizza, hoagies, cheesesteaks.  

It took me 2 summers to get the weight off.  My first summer I lost about 15 pounds doing Jenny Craig and dancing in a show.   The rest of it came of the following summer during another show.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2005, 12:08:15 PM »

With my crazy schedule this past year, working full time during the day and classes and an internship in the evenings, I've gained about 10-12 pounds.  I can attribute that directly to stress and chicken nachos.  

But in the few days since I found out that I would be leaving my job early, I feel like I've already dropped a few pounds.  It must have been that monkey I got off my back.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2005, 12:08:40 PM »

Ultimately I watched "The Barbarian and Geisha"and I enjoyed it beyond my expectations. John Wayne, who played the first U.S. Consul-General to Japan, looks quite different from his image in other western films I’ve ever seen. However, he’s majestic and statly in it. Besides, thankfully the director John Huston made it with quite correct understanding of Samurai spirit, more than Last Samurai (in my opinion).

Thank you for you comments and insight on both movies.  I will now have a better appreciation of THE BARBARIAN AND THE GEISHA, as I now plan to watch it again.  
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 12:10:45 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2005, 12:22:44 PM »

FJL WELCOME!

Jane

« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2005, 12:30:24 PM »

Ann I have known many a non-pet person who was converted after living with a pet lover.

The most weight I have ever gained was 21 pounds when I was pregnant.  The fastest weight loss was 21 pounds in 2 ˝ weeks, followed by another 9 pounds during the next month.  I assure you I was eating plenty of healthy food.  
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 12:31:16 PM by Jane »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2005, 12:48:32 PM »

QUELL FROMAGE!

(Geez!  I can't believe no one has said this yet!!!)

« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 12:49:01 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2005, 12:49:53 PM »

Well, I'm back from the Renaissance. Must admit I was pleasantly surprised at how great it was for a first attempt.  The heat index is 111 right now, so I am feeling quite sorry for the jousters in their full body armor in the sun.  They did do a splendid job entertaining, though.  Glad I went early.  After I was there about an hour, I met a friend who had talked me into going on such a hot day - he kept telling me it wasn't going to be that hot out. He got there and lasted about 10 minutes! LOL.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2005, 12:50:31 PM »

Welcome to  FJL!

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2005, 12:55:30 PM »

TOD - Over a period of years, I gained a lot of weight - maybe 60 pounds. Just a combination of quitting smoking, not going out dancing like I did when I was younger, having a job that I sit down all the time, just plain getting lazy etc.

I lost 45 pounds a few years ago doing the Atkins stuff but gained it back within 2 years. I lost 35 pounds between last November and February and have kept it off. I hate to admit I did it by starting to smoke again.  You don't have to all tell me that's stupid. I know it is and am planning to quit again, but it did work.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2005, 12:55:45 PM »

Welcome DR FJL

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2005, 12:57:22 PM »

BK-

How do you drink your Diet Coke?  From the Can or do you glass it?

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2005, 12:58:12 PM »

WELCOME FJL

Jed

« Reply #75 on: July 23, 2005, 01:24:22 PM »

Ann I have known many a non-pet person who was converted after living with a pet lover.

Yeah, well, you ain't dealt with me! :D

Actually, no, I'm not at all anti-pet, I'm just not one who would ever choose myself to have pets.  Don't know why, they just have no real appeal to me.  But living with a pet person isn't a problem, they're just one of those things that are purely "hers" and not "ours."
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #76 on: July 23, 2005, 01:38:12 PM »

Watched THE VERDICT today, and though I had seen it before, I remembered nothing much about it as I watched. I guessed the identity of the murderer before it was revealed, but again, that's no great accomplishment since I had seen it decades ago.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #77 on: July 23, 2005, 01:40:42 PM »

QUELL FROMAGE!

(Geez!  I can't believe no one has said this yet!!!)

A GOOD NEWS reference.

Matt H.

« Reply #78 on: July 23, 2005, 01:42:59 PM »

Since LA CAGE closed, I know I have gained some weight. Sitting at home in front of the TV most nights, it is VERY easy to get snack-crazy, and a couple of weeks of this plus a drink every few nights does tend to add on weight even with exercise. That's one of the great things to me about doing a show. I'm gone most nights and if I'm busy at rehearsal, I don't even think about snacking.

Matt H.

« Reply #79 on: July 23, 2005, 01:44:14 PM »

Tonight I will finally get to OCEANS TWELVE. There is nothing I care to see on either network TV or the pay-cable movie channels. I'll have some thoughts when I log back on later tonight.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #80 on: July 23, 2005, 01:51:10 PM »

Welcome to our newest Dear Reader FJL. Tell us about yourself.

Well, the final day of the yard sale is over; they are boxing the remains to be given to a charity on Monday.

The hummingbird garden is planted. And it is warm and muggy today.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2005, 02:27:13 PM »

DR LAURA can you tell us what ITEMS were NOT purchased?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2005, 02:43:42 PM »

Diet Coke always from a can and not a glass.  I occasionally by the plastic bottles, too.

Danise

« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2005, 03:03:18 PM »

Hi folks.  It's been a rough week.  Lots of OT.  With the trip coming up in scarce two months that can be a good thing.   :)  

It's been very hot here with rain showers almost every afternoon/evening.  With some MAJOR thunder boomers!  We had a crack the other night that rattled the windows and shook the whole house!

I woke up this morning at about seven.  It was already hot but not as bad as it can get so I made myself get up, get dressed and get the whole lawn mowed.  I finished around eleven but was so very hot and tired I went in and took a shower then lay down.  I just woke up a little while ago.  

I know I'm out of the loop again.  I need to go back and try to scan the posts for what I've missed.  

How is DR OZDERICK?  

Welcome to new member FJL! Please tell us about yourself.  

BTW, I spoke about this board yesterday.  I had to take a business writing class and I used HHW as an example of how people write to communicate.  How we use the smiles at the top of the board to show emotion so others understand when we are saying something in jest.   :D

How exciting to have your first RenFest, DR Cillaliz!  Ours in normally held in the Spring.  Around March/April.  I LOVE it and go every year.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2005, 03:08:52 PM »

TOD.  As far as weight gain, I hit 150 pounds just a year or so ago.  I went on the South Beach Diet and got myself down to 130.  Now I hover between 130 and 140.  

I know I need to get back down to 120 but that's easier said then done.  I know I don't exersize enough.  Like I said above, I mowed the grass and feel washed out enough to sleep the afternoon away.   :-\

Of course, in my defense, it has been alful hot.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 03:09:44 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2005, 03:17:10 PM »

Terribly hot!  Hottest days in 5 years around here...and more forecast for all next week!

Tomovoz

« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2005, 03:19:40 PM »

Welcome FJL. I would assume that the googled name would be RA who has am amazing knowledge bank.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2005, 03:22:09 PM »

Watching parts of THE CARPETBAGGERS again in between doing dance numbers.....  Carroll Baker is one of my favorite actresses.  She was/is beautiful....and really gets a bum rap for some of her performances.  I seem to remember that the critics of the day were especially cruel to her in this and a few other films.  She was an actress - but she was held responsible for everything from direction to writing to costumes & hair.

Method actress who looked like a million dollars - and with good material and good director could turn in an outstanding performance.  Still does!

Off soapbox now.  Thank you.

Danise

« Reply #88 on: July 23, 2005, 03:24:43 PM »

The regular afternoon thunder storms are starting to build.  I like them in one way because they do cool everything down but I am also getting tired of everything being wet/damp.

Remember, I don't have AC.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #89 on: July 23, 2005, 03:25:25 PM »

DR Danise - OzDerek has been at work the last three nights - I think he doing quite well considering! He may be getting help from a lucky rabbit's foot (or perhaps the whole rabbit). I suspect Derek will be asleep at the moment.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up