Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FIDGETY  (Read 16330 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:FIDGETY
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2005, 08:33:43 AM »

Re: the puppies.  It turns out that Natalie, my co-worker, delivered the pups to the other rescue org yesterday.  She was very pleased with how everything went and with the people she met.

So, der B and I aren't helping out on this one, other than getting Natalie the contacts she needed.  Still, a happy ending to the story.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2005, 08:36:35 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]PUPPY POUNCE!!!!![/size][/move]

Not a real dance, but lots of fun!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2005, 08:39:26 AM »

Today is National Vanilla Ice Cream Day!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2005, 08:40:48 AM »

Speaking of Diet Coke (well, our esteemed BK was, in his notes), I have a question for BK:

Have you tried the new Diet Coke with Splenda.  What is your opinion: is it better, worse, at all different?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2005, 08:41:30 AM »

As for today's Topic...  Hmm...

Well, the most weight I've lost has been 16 pounds in 11 days.  And that was just last year.  When I had the dual - and dueling - bacterial infections in my throat and sinuses.  Alas, those 16 pounds were truly "sick pounds", and they came back on as I was regaining my health and getting back to normal.

As for the most weight I've gained... Well... I still remember watching the numbers on the scale creep up all through high school.  Each year, we would all be called into the school gym where they would take our height, weight and do that color-blindness test (the ones with the numbers made out of different colored dots).  Of course, they would sort of yell out the numbers for the height and weight - one person would measure, and then the other person would write down the numbers.  Depending upon who was around you in line, it was only a slightly uncomfortable ordeal or it was a very uncomfortable deal.  By my junior year, however, they stopped "yelling" the numbers out loud - at least for the girls.

In any case, I crossed the 200 mark sometime in my junior and senior year of high school.

Then throughout college, I eventually creeped up to 210... 220... 230... And I topped out at around 235.  -But I carried my weight well, as they say.

;)

A couple of years ago, I finally got sick of looking for pants in waist sizes that I didn't like to look for.  So, I started being a bit more active, and a bit more conscious of my diet.  It was a very gradual weight loss over the years - with various diet and workout regime attempts thrown into the mix.

Right now, I tend to hover around the 205-210 range.  The weight numbers I've come to accept.  It's the waist numbers that still bug me.  However, I've actually maintained my current waist size even though there have been times when I was "lighter" and my waist was actually "larger".  I think it's just been a matter of me getting older and my body just settling down as it were.

*I did put on about a 5-7 pounds during the past couple of weeks in DC.  I just had way too much free time to be lazy since I ended up "walking" for the last half of the run of Mamma Mia!.  But I can already tell that my body is getting back into shape/back to normal after just this past week in NYC.  And that's due to all the walking, and the fact that with the schedule I've been on, I've been eating regularly and at normal hours.

Hmm...  I think I need a Fat Witch brownie today.

;)

*But I'll walk all the way from the Chelsea Market at 14th and 9th, up to Columbus Circle at 59th... At least!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2005, 08:45:03 AM »

Well, that's one chore finished. Got the front lawn mowed. It was 85 degrees out (before noon), but I couldn't take the risk of another afternoon thundershower. We've had them almost every day this week. The yard could have waited another day or two, but better to get it done now rather than later when it might be too tall to cut comfortably.

And I sweated enough to have lost a couple of pounds. Maybe.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2005, 08:46:32 AM »

Well.. I need to straighten up a few things around here... And put my signed Playbills of Ms. Somers' show in a safe place. ;)

And then I believe I shall venture out for a while and explore my neighborhood.

DRs Ben, elmore and Rodzinksi - Anyone up for dinner tonight?
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2005, 08:47:28 AM »

I agree with you, Jose. When I had been a waist size 32 for much of my young adult life and 34 for most of my middle age, to start finding 36's too tight on me was another sign that I was too heavy for my size. I still wear a 36 waist, but it isn't snug, and that's just fine by me.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2005, 08:47:36 AM »

Oh...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2005, 08:49:10 AM »

Also the expense of buying new (larger) sizes of clothes before I had worn out the old ones was galling to me. I've never cared a hoot about style, just wanted to be in clothes that were clean and comfortable, and for me, comfortable means worn well without being worn out. Maintaining my current weight is very important to me for that reason, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2005, 08:51:53 AM »

While I was mowing, my up-the-street neighbor jogging stopped for a chat. We have some development companies who are interested in buying our entire block for condo development (like what's happening across the side street from me), so it's not out of the realm of possibility that I might be moving before the end of the year.

The company would have to make me a very sweet deal to blast me out of this place, but all of our homes are rather old and none of us are much eager to pour more money into them as they are now. So, we're watching and waiting at the moment.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 08:52:52 AM by Matt H. »

Jason

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2005, 08:55:08 AM »

I'm up! I'm up! And I'm listening to MARY POPPINS (OLCR). It's helping to rid my mind of Ms. Somers' singing.

I'm off to see HAIRSPRAY in a few minutes. I have a tickets to see DRUMSTRUCK tonight, but my theatre companion just called and backed out, so I don't know if I'll go or not. The tickets were free, so I won't feel too bad if I skip it.

And now, I need to get ready for the thea-tuh.

Matt H.

« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2005, 08:59:11 AM »

DRUMSTICK? I've never heard of that! Anything like STOMP or BLAST?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2005, 09:07:00 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  

Just had a very nice chat with David Shire, and we will definitely be recording a new track or two for the reissue of David Shire at the Movies.  

Jason

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2005, 09:11:46 AM »

MattH: DRUMSTRUCK is a cross between STOMP and BLUE MAN GROUP and involves audience participation. I dunno...I've heard it's cool, but it's not something you want to see by yourself.

FJL

« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2005, 09:14:12 AM »

Hi, i'm new top posting here, and not so computer savvy.  So please forgive me if this message ends up in the wrong place.

Just had to share this.  I followed what I thought was a sure lead on the trivia question through google, and the name of someone who always answers the Haineshisway trivia question correctly came up being quoted in the two-line google squib.    It turned out to be a wrong lead, but what are the odds of that?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2005, 09:20:52 AM »

Welcome to FJL!  Do become a regular poster - it's ever so much fun, and we are a merry troupe.

QUELL, baby, QUELL!

Also, everyone should pay a visit to kritzerland.com, where the Stages and Harvey Schmidt albums have been added to the upcoming release section.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2005, 09:25:30 AM »

MattH: DRUMSTRUCK is a cross between STOMP and BLUE MAN GROUP and involves audience participation. I dunno...I've heard it's cool, but it's not something you want to see by yourself.

Thanks. I'm assuming it's an off-Broadway show, or maybe off-off-Broadway.  :)

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2005, 09:26:22 AM »

Welcome to our new poster, Dear Reader (afterwards DR) FJL! Jump right in; the water's fine!  :D

Jason

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2005, 09:26:55 AM »

Yes, it's off-Broadway. It's playing at Dodgers Stages, an underground, five-theatre complex (where ALTAR BOYZ is also playing) that used to be a movie cineplex.

Jason

« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2005, 09:27:22 AM »

Welcome, FJL! And now, off to Vilanch-land...

FJL

« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2005, 09:44:24 AM »

Hey, my post did come out in the right place.  And thanks for the warm welcome, everybody.

I was even able to visit kritzerland.com and then came back here and I was still logged on.  I'll get the hang of this computer stuff yet.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2005, 09:50:31 AM »

Shouldn't that be "a completely polished Golden Apple"?

:D

;D, DRSWW!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2005, 09:53:31 AM »

Well.. I need to straighten up a few things around here... And put my signed Playbills of Ms. Somers' show in a safe place. ;)

And then I believe I shall venture out for a while and explore my neighborhood.

DRs Ben, elmore and Rodzinksi - Anyone up for dinner tonight?

DRJose,

I'm turning you down tonight.  I've really got a deadline!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2005, 10:17:55 AM »

Welcome to DR FJL.

I know FJA, but I don't know FJL.

DRGINNY I liked the picture of the bird yesterday.  Yellow parakeet Abby and I always enjoy it when there are aviary publicity pictures.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: July 23, 2005, 10:19:06 AM »

NO DIET COKE???

If there is no Diet Pepsi here - the world stops until some are purchases.

DR HISAKA - thank you for the information on THE BARBARIAN AND THE GEISHA.  I have seen it, but didn't get a chance to post.  It is nice to know that it is realistic in its depictions.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2005, 10:21:22 AM »

DR MBARNUM sent me a couple of movies.  The one that is most intriguing is JOGOKU - which I think translates as "hell" - and boy do these characters go through it AND to it!  Lots of nice COLOR!  Made in 1960, I would recommend it to any other fans of Japanese or other foreign films.

Whew!  And dig those crazy costumes.  The devil guy spends a lot of time wearing his shirt tied in the front in a midriff style - which is so becoming!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2005, 10:21:55 AM »

Will do some work on the Trivia Question after doing some PIPPIN work today....I don't want to be shut out THREE weeks in a row!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2005, 10:28:54 AM »

It is a bit depressing to me that Suzanne Somers is now demonstrating the Thigh Master on the same stage that once held Claudette Colbert and Rex Harrison.  But, then....that's show business!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2005, 10:31:12 AM »

My greatest weight gain was THIS YEAR.  And I had an experience similar to DR MATT's.  I saw a photograph of myself and realized - 231 pounds is too much for me to weigh!

I started a diet and exercise regime in April.  I now weigh 203 pounds, and hope to get down to 190 pounds by the end of summer.  Less would be great - but I will be happy to be 190!

And my waist size is now a shocking 38 - but it is comfortable and I need a belt, and I can wear my shirts tucked inside again!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up