Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: GOING ONCE, GOING TWICE, SOLD!  (Read 18847 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
GOING ONCE, GOING TWICE, SOLD!
« on: July 30, 2005, 12:03:08 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were going once, going twice, then sold, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they've been sold, too, so who knows WHEN they'll be here?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2005, 12:06:10 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:GOING ONCE, GOING TWICE, SOLD!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 12:05:52 AM »

And the word of the day is: SPACKLE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 12:06:19 AM »

Holy moley on rye, it's the ATTACK OF THE WUSSBURGERS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 12:06:33 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 12:13:07 AM »

Not quite ready to toddle off to the bedroom environment.  First I must do the Lambada (The Forbidden Dance).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 12:13:46 AM »

And then I must play with my Pogo Stick.  That's ever so much fun, bouncing around the home environment like a gazelle eating cream of mushroom soup.

Tomovoz

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 01:00:30 AM »

Having only had one birthday I don't remember it at all.
My mother remembers it well. She did get to hold me briefly but did not see me again for 45 years. I guess it was memorable birthday.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 01:15:06 AM »

Good night Mr TCB.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 01:37:31 AM »

Wow, we had a thirteen hour shoot today.  It is really tough becoming a star.  Thanks to all of you who offered your support and encouragement.  It was appreciated.

Good night, dear Tomovoz!

And, good night, one and all.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2005, 06:20:44 AM »

My most memorable birthday was on August 17th, 1992.  Sadly, it was memorable mostly for what der Brucer and I listened to on the radio.   :P

Indeed, it was so disgusting that I'd rather not dwell upon it any more.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 06:44:57 AM »

MR BK congratulations on your successful bids, and I look forward to the photos of the sketches!  Which wife was it?  It would be just wonderful if it was the turquoise number worn by Moonbeam McSwine aka Miss Carmen Alvarez, although all of the dresses are hilarious!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2005, 06:52:45 AM »

Very interesting reading all the comments about ON THE RIGHT TRACK.

It was a LONG night last night.  And we didn't even get started on it until 10:10!  But I asked LP and Pippin if they wanted to work on it, or wait until Monday.  All three of us decided to go for it, Marilyn the pianist said she would be happy to stay.

So we started.  Well, folks, this show has been a great challenge to me, and has certainly used all my training and ALL of my imagination.   I am not Mr Bob Fosse and my kids are NOT dancers....4-H kids, college MUSIC majors, high schoolers who think FOOTLOOSE is the BEST MUSICAL EVER!

My Leading Player, Matt, is VERY TALL, and comes from a very religious family, and is a talented musician and singer.  Pippin, who is Tim, is shorter and not thin - not husky, but NOT thin.  

It has been my practice to OVER CHOREOGRAPH so that if something doesn't work, I am prepared with something to go into it's place.

ON THE RIGHT TRACK however was ON THE RIGHT TRACK from the first measures.  The boys knew their music cold - and we worked together using my steps, improvising here and there, and made the dance on them rather than vice versa - and by 11:15 we had a show stopping Act Two opener.

I was a bit sad as I put the last piece of paper from my TO BE DONE folder in my DONE folder....but there are still some improvements in other numbers to be made, and once the orchestra arrives there will have to be adjustments.

I will only say - don't be afraid to take a theatrical challenge.  I almost turned this show down because I didn't think I could do it.  I ended up doing some of my BEST worked ever, inspired by the music, the show, and the cast.

Crossing my fingers that our August 11th opening will prove me right!
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 06:53:45 AM by JRand54 »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 07:11:32 AM »

DR Jrand, I am so pleased that you're pleased with your work in PIPPIN. And you still have almost two weeks before opening for everything to be just right.

Congratulations!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 07:11:57 AM »

Thanks for DR Jose for the lively pics from last night. I enjoyed looking at them.

Matt H.

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 07:12:30 AM »

Thanks also to bk for the candid snaps from Kevin's party. Looks like a lot of fun among good friends, my favorite kind of party.

Matt H.

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005, 07:16:10 AM »

I have only had one surprise party in my life, and it was while I was in rehearsal for MAN OF LA MANCHA about six or seven years ago. Because I had rehearsal that night, my partner at the time said for me to meet him at a restaurant on my way to the theater. I knew I'd only have about 30 minutes to eat, so I suspected nothing. I had a rehearsal to go to.

I walk in, and there are all these people waiting around this huge table, and I was flabberghasted! COuldn't believe he had managed to get them all there, and that I had no clue it was to be a party. He had also called the director and gotten permission for me to have the night off so there could actually BE a party of some length.

Definitely the most memorable birthday of my life.

Ginny

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 07:17:46 AM »

Good morning!  In the on-going saga, "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego Ginny?", I am posting from my mother's guest room, using her computer (which is the identical twin of my very own home computer).  After dropping in at home yesterday and going to the local Greek church for dinner at their annual festival with DH Richard and DS Rob, I came out here to spend the night and visit with Dear Niece Laura, who's here on family business.

The family business is that our aunt (Mom's sister) is moving here, to the same retirement community where my mom lives.  Laura is flying out to Phoenix today to accompany Aunt Jo on her flight here Monday.  My only chance to visit with Laura was to be here last night.  We had a nice visit and I even had a ride in her brand new Saturn Vue.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matt H.

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2005, 07:19:00 AM »

Since S IS FOR SILENCE has not yet been released, R IS FOR RICHOCHET is the most recently available Sue Grafton book.

Matt H.

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 07:20:56 AM »

I have SO much media stored up to watch today that I really don't know where to begin. Probably with THE GREEN HORNET episodes since they're less than 30 minutes each and are quickly watched and erased. The movies will take longer.

Matt H.

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2005, 07:21:24 AM »

I'm assuming DR MBarnum arrived safely in LA. Hope all is well.

Matt H.

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2005, 07:24:40 AM »

I see that the local UPN station is rerunning this week's VERONICA MARS episode at 10:30 toinight. Not really sure if I should attempt to watch since it's obviously going to be out of order from the two episodes I watched on CBS last night.

I might record it and attempt watching and just erase it if I feel too baffled.

FJL

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2005, 07:30:21 AM »

Memorable birthday memory:  We were supposed to be going over for a tiny dinner party at our friend Maureen's, and I dressed accordingly, in that "dress-for-lack-of-success" way that somehow rebels over the jacket and tie normally required at the office.  We were just about to leave for the tiny dinner, and my b.f. said "You're not going to Maureen's dressed like that, are you?"  In fact, given that it was my birthday dinner, I was dressed at least a little bit nicer than I normally would be to go to Maureen's.  Sure enough, as I'd guessed, there was a birthday party going on at Maureen's, and my sartorial sloppiness had given it away.

Favorite birthday was my 40th, spent at Disney World.  We could see Epcot's lights from our hotel room, and it was still dark when I woke up, so it was a great start to that day.  I'd said for years that that's where I wanted to be on my 40th, and (except for a few arguments over what parks to go to) I got my wish.   The highlight of the day was the previously mentioned (on the amusement park ride posts day), and somewhat deliciously campy, "Journey to Jerusalem" ride at Epcot.  That ride was a total surprise, and I knew it had to be savored, because it was sure to be gone after 2000, since it was part of their limited time Millennium Showcase.  Happy memory, that trip.  
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 07:33:04 AM by FJL »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2005, 07:39:01 AM »

Thanks, DRMATTH.  Yes, we will need every day of the time....adding costumes, lights, sound, and assorted other technical paraphenalia.

And yes, thanks to DR JOSE for the NYC pictures, and to MR BK for the Spirtas birthday bash coverage.

AND to DRLAURA....the church is so pretty in the sunset.  

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2005, 07:42:29 AM »

August 26, 1962, my twelfth birthday!

I got my OWN record player! And a globe!  I still have them both.  I used to play songs and find the cities on the globe.  Of course the geography of Dear Old Mother Earth has changed substantially since then, but now and then I still give my globe a spin and let my fingers take me on a trip around the world.

My favorite "globe" song was "Faraway Places...."

".....going to China.....or maybe Siam....I want to see for myself.  Those faraway places I've been reading about, in a book, that I took, from the shelf...."

And NOBODY could sing it like Miss Gale Storm.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2005, 07:44:49 AM »

Did MR BK say the cows have been sold?  

Oh my goodness.

Have fun at the Hollywood Collectors' Show!  Tell DR MBARNUM hello, he will be the tall guy sitting with the Queen of Outer Space!

Matt H.

« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2005, 08:01:37 AM »

I just read of the death of wonderful comic character actor and comedy writer Pat McCormick. Used to be on THE TONIGHT SHOW a lot (he was one of the writers, I believe), was in the SMOKEY AND THE BANDIT movies, and played Grover Cleveland in BUFFALO BILL AND THE INDIANS.

R.I.P.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 08:02:13 AM by Matt H. »

Matt H.

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2005, 08:02:40 AM »

All alone, I'm so all alone.. . .

Jason

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2005, 08:22:18 AM »

I'm up! I'm up! And boy is that chocolate cupcake calling my name...

I've never had a birthday party, so I guess my most memorable birthday would have to be November 19, 1998. I was a senior in college and our theatre/music departments were presenting JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR as the fall production. Because I was in the middle of getting my senior recital put together, I wasn't allowed to audition for the musical, so I was working tech and I was downstairs in the costume shop stitching up some leper's flesh (don't ask) when my stage manager told me over headset that she needed me onstage. When I got up there, the entire cast and crew were standing in a semi-circle on the stage, the band started playing "Happy Birthday," they all sang along and one of my best friends walked out with a huge cake covered in candles. That was a pretty sweet birthday.

Matt H.

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2005, 08:25:40 AM »

Yes, mentioning the cupcake has made me determined to bake cupcakes this afternoon. A friend has invited me over tonight to watch a movie, so I will come bearing a sweet gift.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 08:26:10 AM by Matt H. »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2005, 08:30:00 AM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?

I must shower and stuff, for she of the Evil Eye gets here earlier and earlier.  But, I'm not leaving until Nick arrives at ten and that's just the way it is.  Damn them, damn them all to hell.

I'm probably going to share my blurb with you all, but here in the posts not in the notes, for reasons I shall explain.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up