Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: GOING ONCE, GOING TWICE, SOLD!  (Read 17702 times)

Kerry

Re:GOING ONCE, GOING TWICE, SOLD!
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2005, 08:30:39 AM »

I seem to be running a day behind, so I'll tell you what CD's I'm listening to:
Shirley Temple's Greatest Hits
Freddy Gardner's Greatest Hits
New Guy in Town
Romanovsky and Phillips' "Emotional Roller Coaster" and "Trouble in Paradise"
Alliance's "The Truth Begins Again"

By tomorrow I may figure out what my best birthday was.  I'm hoping I haven't had it yet.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 08:31:35 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Kerry

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2005, 08:30:57 AM »

Page 2 Dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like boat races.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2005, 08:31:22 AM »

Good morning!  I've been up since 6:30, and i've finished the laundry, cleaned the kitchen and defrosted the refrigerator.  I also did some fixes on my articles for the BABES IN TOYLAND release, and I have to go out and purchase some shoelaces before I finish the harp part to THE GOLDEN APPLE; I've got 4 of the reed books here as well, and on Monday, I'll deliver some to Tams-Witmark and bring back some more.  My goal is to be finished by Friday.  

Did I miss it or did someone post that the other half of the Wright-Forrest team died this week.  They were both lovely gentlemen.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2005, 08:34:56 AM »

Good Morning!

...Just waiting for FedEx and/or the USPS to come a-knockin' at my door this morning...

Hmmm....

:-\
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2005, 08:49:18 AM »

As for favorite birthdays...

My birthday, August 26 - like DR Jrand - seems to fall in a sort of no-man's land for me.  I'm either in tech week for a show, opening a show, etc.... And growing up, it was always the last week before school started back up, so most of my friends were at the beach or elsewhere for that last minute summer escape.  However...

Turning 18 - It was my first week of college at Virginia Commonwealth University.  I had managed to meet up with some really swell people - fellow freshmen - that first week.  My friend, Angie, I knew from high school.  The rest of the gang just somehow managed to fall into place.  Well, I remember meeting up with Angie at her dorm room in Johnson Hall.  When I got there, there was Angie, John, Tony, and two other people (who's names escape me now (shame on me!)), and they had a small surprise party for me.  They even chipped in and bought me a gift.  It was a Disneyland lunch box from a place called Don's Hot Nuts.  Don's Hot Nuts sold hot, roasted peanuts, but it was also a sort of antique/junk shop.  And one of the girls even made me a birthday card.  I still have the lunchbox and the card.

It was such a wonderful gesture, and it made for a very memorable birthday.  And my first birthday away from home, away from my family.  -And to think that most of us in that group had only known each other five or six days at that point and time!

*And I still have a pic from that night too of all of sitting on Angie's dorm room bed.

**A few years later, I came across that pic, and I realized something:  Everyone in that picture was gay, or if they were not out at the time, they eventually came out a few years later as gay or lesbian.

***Hmm.... Must have been Don's Hot Nuts.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

Danise

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2005, 08:51:25 AM »

Good morning all.

We had a major thunder boomer last night so I was afraid to go on the computer.  By the time it was over, I was watching a show then just went to bed.  

One guy at work had his computer fried on Thursday night by a lightning strike.  I guess Florida isn’t “The Lightning Capital of the World” for nothing.  

How is DR OZDERICK doing?  I’ve been skimming the back posts for word and saw that he is getting very tired.   I do so hope that things start to go better for him.  Please tell him that I said that I send him every good wish to be well.

I enjoyed the photos from the past couple of days.  Godzilla, New York, the Party, etc.  

Speaking of Godzilla, I’ve been meaning to tell you how much I’ve enjoyed the Jeepers Creepers CD.  I really liked “Mothra’s Song”.  I remember the Peanut Sisters.  They were so cute!

I want to go to see the Whole Foods store on my next visit.  And I’m very serious that I want to go back and have some more Southern Fried Chicken again.  That was very good.

Just about everything is in place for the trip.  I made my shuttle reservations to be picked up and taken to TIA and back home again.  

I can’t wait to see TCB on TV!  

I like the new picture, DR Jose.  

Well, I have to go to the Ye Olde Grocery Shopping trip again.  

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2005, 08:53:15 AM »

TOD - fond birthday memories include my 24th.  Richard and I had just started dating and he brought a birthday pizza to my apartment and stood in the hall singing "Happy Birthday."  

Then, on my 25th, we were having our first cast meeting after DR elmore had cast me as Lucy in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown.  At the conclusion of the formalities he said, "Now, I want Ginny to come up here and sit next to me."  The entire company sang and they had a cake and a Snoopy autograph hound (remember those?) that everyone had signed.  That item still occupies a place of honor on my shelf at home.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Danise

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2005, 08:55:37 AM »

Ginny, Please tell Laura I said "Hi".  I wish she was going to the gathering in October.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2005, 08:58:12 AM »

Ginny, Please tell Laura I said "Hi".  I wish she was going to the gathering in October.

...well, Danise, she's thinking about it!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2005, 08:58:27 AM »

The past few years, the Religious Education Congress that I attend yearly has fallen on or around my birthday and it's always held at the Anaheim Convention Center. so I've been spending my birthday in Disneyland, which is always the best place to be.  In 1999, when I turned 30, my partner at the time sent me on a "quest" complete with clews and such and I ended up picking up 6 guests for my "surprise" birthday party that was waiting for me at the house.  That was great.  I still have the clews and such, it's a great way to celebrate a birthaday if you have time to do all the leg work and put the thing together.

My least memorable (or the one I really want to forget) birthday was in 2000.  I was in Anaheim (big surprise) but not to go to the RECongress, but to go to Disneyland and meet up with a pal of mine to see "Martin Guerre" when it was at the Ahmanson.  We all know how that show turned out!  However, that night, while asleep in my bed, (well the hotel bed), my car was broken into and my radio was stolen, a CD player and a laptop.  I woke up and found that in the morning of my actual birthday.  I drove home that day, in the pouring rain, with a boom box I purchased at Target (which I still have and use regularly) because I couldn't bear the 6+ hour drive without music.  

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2005, 08:58:44 AM »

TOD - fond birthday memories include my 24th.  Richard and I had just started dating and he brought a birthday pizza to my apartment and stood in the hall singing "Happy Birthday."  

Then, on my 25th, we were having our first cast meeting after DR elmore had cast me as Lucy in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown.  At the conclusion of the formalities he said, "Now, I want Ginny to come up here and sit next to me."  The entire company sang and they had a cake and a Snoopy autograph hound (remember those?) that everyone had signed.  That item still occupies a place of honor on my shelf at home.

DRGinny, the curse of senility:  I don't remember that at all!  I guess it was all the sex and drugs.

I just heard from DRMBarnum, who's off to help Laurie Mitchell set up her table.  He loves his hotel, but he's disappointed the paintings are bolted to the walls.  There were a couple of frames he was admiring.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Danise

« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2005, 08:59:19 AM »

...well, Danise, she's thinking about it!

Goodie!  :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2005, 09:05:59 AM »

Just got the mail.  My new version of Norton Internet Security has arrived.  Whoopee.  Not the most exciting thing to get in the mail.  I guess it’s one of life’s “necessary evils”.  

Once I install it, I might be off line for a bit.  The last time I had to reconfigure everything to make the net work again.  What a pain.

:(

I can type.  Really I can.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 09:07:50 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2005, 09:07:31 AM »

Still no FedEx or USPS....

Hmm...

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2005, 09:10:53 AM »

Most memorable birthdays, Part 2-

Turning 30 - I had just moved back to Richmond a few months earlier to take a job as the Music Buyer for one of the local music store chains in the area.  (Sadly, they were incorporated into a larger, regional chain a few years ago.)  Again, I had just happened to meet up with a swell bunch of folks.  My friends, Tim & John, had a little party for me at their house.  My other friends, Thomas, Paula and Carol were there too.  We watched some TV, ate some good food, drank some pretty strong cocktails... It was a very good time.

...And a week later, I met Steve... :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #45 on: July 30, 2005, 09:19:49 AM »

Most Memorable Birthdays, Part 3 -

Turning 35 - This was just two years ago.  I was in Australia with Universal Studios Japan (the theme park) on an audition tour.  We were in Gold Coast, Surfer's Paradise to be exact.  Well...

Besides the thrill of being in Australia on my birthday...  I also jumped off a 10-meter platform - YIKES! Is that HIGH!!!

It was our final night in Surfer's Paradise (we would go on to Melbourne and Sydney from there), and it was also the last night that the GM of USJ would be with us on the audition tour until we were back stateside.  He hosted a nice champagne reception in his suite for everyone before heading out for dinner.  One of the toasts was to me in honor of my birthday.

Then came the amazing dinner!  -And the amazing oyster shooters!  And the oversized Vegemite sandwich!  And the chocolate birthday cake covered with Fredo Froggies, small Australian flags, and it even had sparklers too!

Good times all around!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #46 on: July 30, 2005, 09:21:19 AM »

Too bad DRMBARNUM didn't pack a pair of pliers.

Hmmmm......must have shoelaces to do the harp parts.  You wacky orchestrators sure do have some strange habits.  What do you use when you do the trumpets?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: July 30, 2005, 09:21:49 AM »

DR GINNY did you ever convince Charlie Brown that snow comes UP?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: July 30, 2005, 09:27:14 AM »

Hmmmm......must have shoelaces to do the harp parts.  You wacky orchestrators sure do have some strange habits.  What do you use when you do the trumpets?

I'll only tell you in a PM.  And for a huge fee.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: July 30, 2005, 09:29:58 AM »

Too bad DRMBARNUM didn't pack a pair of pliers.

DRJRand54, I'm not scoring THE GOLDEN APPLE.  It was scored by the composer Jerome Moross and Hershy Kay, both men much better than I at the craft.  I'm only cleaning up the original Broadway masters, which are full of errors, so that Tams-Witmark will have a complete set of masters that matches my new vocal score for the show.  I must say that examining the original scores is teaching me a lot.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2005, 09:45:41 AM »

Most memorable birthday:

My 40th.  I spent it in Florence, Italy, with a friend who was visiting me for two weeks (I was stationed in Naples, Italy, at the time).  My gift, other than the company and the adventure of travel, was the newly released CD of the original "She Loves Me" OBC.

During that visit, we saw Rome and Florence, hit the obligatory archaeological wonders of the former and Naples, and spent a weekend in a villa on the Island of Ischia.

It was not "in" celebration of my birthday, but it's the most wonderful think I've ever done on and around my birthday.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2005, 09:57:03 AM »

Ah - I see, DRELMORE.  thanks for explaining that.

I'm just a girl from the country.  The theatre and all the people in it are complete mystery to me. (a Clifford Odets reference.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2005, 10:16:54 AM »

I'm just a girl from the country.  The theatre and all the people in it are complete mystery to me. (a Clifford Odets reference.)

And I thought you were just a girl who cain't say no!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2005, 10:17:37 AM »

Hmmmm.....

So the FedEx package I was supposed to receive by Noon today did not get on the local truck until 12:28... Hmmm...

Is NYC in a different time zone?

Hopefully, it will be here before I have to head out in a few...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2005, 11:36:32 AM »

Ginny, you played Lucy in YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN?  I did, too, not professionally, but in the Camp Loyaltown production.  It was an all-boys camp, I was 13, and I was the only one who auditioned who had the notes, apparently.  (By the time we opened, though, some of the notes were a little shaky.)  

When I auditioned, I saw the director and music director nodding, and I was sure I was going to be Charlie Brown, but nooooo, that's not what they had in mind.  Interestingly, I ended up bonding most with the boy who played Patty - go figure!

And to add insult to gaiety, the boy who played Schroeder won the acting prize that summer.  For playing Schroeder, good grief!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2005, 11:51:10 AM »

It's funny, but I try to forget birthdays now. I'd rather friends just let the day go by without comment, but it never happens.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Michael

« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2005, 12:05:59 PM »

I am running about 5 hours behind.  Could not sleep last night. I finally fell asleep and woke up around 10:30 only because the phone rang.

I am usually up by 6 or 7.

And by the time I got things going it was only the last hour or so that I went online to catch up on things.

Loved the trivia question, but because of the nature how it was worded all I had to take it was on track and I was able to get it.  I think. Everything fits except for a couple of things. But that just might that different sources have different information.

I will give a clue so if you don't want to read it skip ahead to the next posting.

The playwright with the flop play is not William Shakespeare.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2005, 12:07:22 PM »

Never really had a interesting birthday party. Never really invested much into it. Basically a day like any other day.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2005, 12:12:40 PM »

Loved the trivia question, but because of the nature how it was worded all I had to take it was on track and I was able to get it.  I think. Everything fits except for a couple of things. But that just might that different sources have different information.

I had an immediate idea, too, but after doing some research, I'm not sure the answers will fit.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2005, 12:17:44 PM »

I watched BLACK NARCISSUS again listening to some of the commentary but mainly focusing on the film.

That DVD does make the TV version look pale in comparison. It was astonishingly beautiful.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up