Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: YE OLDE NOTES  (Read 32477 times)

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
Re:YE OLDE NOTES
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2005, 09:07:43 AM »

Oh shaddup... some of us who are having trouble recalling 30 are feeling more decrepit by the minute
 ;D

ROTFLMAO ;D  (As the numbers creep up for me again this week.....)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2005, 09:10:27 AM »

Speaking od Scoundrels... I purchased a set of very good orchestra seatsfor my parents  (at a knockdown internet price) for the Wednesday matiness July 27 and then was very worried that they were being sold so cheaply because the "A" team was all planning vacations....but my folks said that the show was spectacular and there were no substitutions.

So I'm the good child now.  
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

FJL

« Reply #62 on: August 09, 2005, 09:14:30 AM »

To combine two topics - aging and DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS - am I the only one who didn't find it particularly hilarious when Norbert yelled out "GOUT" as something he was hoping to get?  The young whippersnappers (am I an old fart or what?) on another message board seem to think that's the most hilarious lyric in the world.

I'm much happier somehow waddling towards 50 than I was careening towards 30.  But my 30's were for the most part a wonderful time, much better than my 20's.  

Jason

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2005, 09:14:43 AM »

Vixmom: It is my understanding that while you do not pay for the tickets, you do have to have a ticket to get in. I'm assuming that if you pay the $100 donation fee, they have a reserved spot for you and all the rest of the seats are first-come, first-served.

I can't wait to turn 30, actually. My 20's have been a bit lack-lustred, though I will say that I certainly thought I'd be further along in my career by this point. That is to say I thought I'd HAVE a career at this point! I wanted to be on Broadway by 30. That may still happen...I have 1 1/2 years to work on it.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2005, 09:23:37 AM »

Big Brother 6 Spoilage:

DR Jennifer:  I thought I'd recommend reading the entire transcript at the Canoe site, but I find that John Powelll really glosses over a lot of what goes on.

In this case, here is what transpired:

Two days ago, Ivette was nominated for eviction to replace James.  She was the designated "pawn" so far as anyone knew (although last night, she said she got scared when she heard Howie's reason for putting her up...and Howie had mumbled some words about Ivette being a huge threat as a strong player).

Yesterday, Ivette voiced some concerns to Maggie and others about how she felt things had changed.  First, she told Maggie that April and Jenn had spent a long time in the HOH room.  Ivette said April claimed she and Jenn had been playing chess, but Beau had told her they were in HOH.  Ivette, mad at April, was sure something sinister was going on.

What happened two nights ago was that April (mad at Ivette) and Jenn (who loves to be included in things sinister) went to the HOH room.  While there, they played chess.  But also while there, April proposed the possibility of voting off Ivette rather than Sarah.  She alleged that James and Ivette had a pact of their own and would be Howie's downfall.  She said she felt Maggie might be receptive to voting out Ivette, as well. She was full of vitriol (you know how she stirs herself up) and by the end of the discussion they had all agreed to vote for Ivette.  Howie left the room to tell James about the plan.

Yesterday, however, Ivette was acting like she was doomed and insinuating that April had made a new deal with "the bad guys."  Jenn -- little miss stab-you-in-the-back -- couldn't handle having a secret and spilled her guts to Maggie...couching everything in terms of making the idea sound like Howie's group's idea and soft-pedaling everything to ensure Maggie didn't turn on her.  Later, she and April had a long conversation during which Jenn poured out some pent-up anger against April for perpetuating a "rumor" about something that either did or did not happen to Jenn in college (I never got the full story on that one).

Maggie brought her folks together and everyone agreed they needed to stick together.  Later, April and Jenn broke the news to Howie and Rachel and Janelle about how they had never "promised" anything and how they needed to stay true to their word about "this week".  

So...true to form...April stirred up stuff and made an offer she had to retract, and mostly because of Jenn who also offered to switch votes (again) and retracted (again).  I hate, loathe and despise them both and sincerely hope they both go on the block next week.

Howie had vowed to expose April's and Jenn's plan to Maggie and the rest of their alliance if they backed out, but apparently has changed his mind.

He or Rachel needs to talk to Maggie (who thinks they don't know she knows) and tell them what happened, what was proposed, and how it was proposed in Maggie's name, as well.  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 09:38:02 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2005, 09:24:41 AM »

I can't wait to turn 30, actually.

I felt the same way.  Turning 40 was a lot less thrilling.  For so many reasons.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2005, 09:27:19 AM »

It feels so much better getting that off my chest.

I'm going to refill my water glass now.

Ciao-ders.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2005, 09:28:12 AM »

I felt the same way.  Turning 40 was a lot less thrilling.  For so many reasons.

It's not how old you ARE, it's how old you THINK you are!

Jason

« Reply #68 on: August 09, 2005, 09:29:40 AM »

Mr. Andrew Lippa just came in the office. Hello, Andrew!

Jennifer

« Reply #69 on: August 09, 2005, 09:30:17 AM »

DR Vixmom, i'm quite certain they've sold those seats every year.  Because to get in for free you must line up for many hours. If you pay the $100 fee, you get a reserved spot and no waiting.

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: August 09, 2005, 09:32:11 AM »

Mr. Andrew Lippa just came in the office. Hello, Andrew!

Hey, tell him hello from me!

Jennifer

« Reply #71 on: August 09, 2005, 09:33:12 AM »

Big Brother 6 Spoilage:

DR Jennifer:  I thought I'd recommend reading the entire transcript at the Canoe site, but I find that John Powelll really glosses over a lot of what goes on.

What entire transcript?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #72 on: August 09, 2005, 09:34:14 AM »

DR Jennifer:

On a side note about BB6, Maggie had some ugly moments yesterday.  First, she was talking with someone outside.  Rachel approached and was about to sit down and Maggie held up her arm and asked Rachel to give her (and Jenn) a few minutes.

In a later conversation with someone else, her simple request had evolved into a some huge gesture of disgust toward Rachel and she was claiming Rachel was constantly planting herself in places where she could spy and overhear Maggie's conversations.

I can't help feel Maggie is somewhat paranoid.  And Rachel wasn't doing anything different from anyone else.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: August 09, 2005, 09:36:03 AM »

BIG BROTHER 6 LIVE FEEDS SPOILERS

DR Ron, re: big brother, I'm also starting to hate Jen/april after this latest fiasco!  I hope that howie/rachel/janelle tell maggie what really happened. And i hope Jenape get nominated on thursday!

vixmom

« Reply #74 on: August 09, 2005, 09:38:32 AM »

It's not how old you ARE, it's how old you THINK you are!

How about how old other people think you are?

Story 1:

When the Vixter was in 2nd grade ( 5 years ago come September) Vixdad & I  went to meet the teacher night and the 21/22 year old student teacher was there too...she said how pleased she was to be meeting the Vixter's GRANDparents!!! ::)

vixmom

« Reply #75 on: August 09, 2005, 09:42:06 AM »

Story 2:

Wednesday is Sr Citizens get 15% off day at Kohls... the 3 elderly ladies ahead of me on line all got their 15 % off.

When I was being checked out I jokingly said to the teeange cashier.. "Don't forget my senior citizen discount!!"

and she replied "Oh no,  I already put it in there."

I wasn't sure if I should be happy about saving money or sad that I looked  at least 62 to that girl!!

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2005, 09:45:10 AM »

One thing I have been meaning to talk about had to do with watching those Tony tapes at the Museum of TV & Radio.

The thing I noticed the most about the old shows is how dignified the audience was during the entire show. There was no shouting, hooting, or even applause as the names of nominees were read, and I thought the entire thing was just SO classy.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2005, 09:47:41 AM »

And now I MUST got offline and prepare some lunch. Again, I'm just so off my usual timetable.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2005, 09:48:58 AM »

When I was being checked out I jokingly said to the teeange cashier.. "Don't forget my senior citizen discount!!"

and she replied "Oh no,  I already put it in there."

I wasn't sure if I should be happy about saving money or sad that I looked  at least 62 to that girl!!

That isn't funny! :(

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2005, 09:49:50 AM »

What entire transcript?

At the bottom of the Canoe page where you read what is currently happening, there is a button that reads "Today's Transcript"...it's actually the last couple of days and includes everything up to the last entry.  Push the button and the transcript comes up.

It's what gets archived after three days or so.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2005, 09:51:06 AM »

And now I MUST got offline and prepare some lunch. Again, I'm just so off my usual timetable.

That jet lag following a flight from NYC to Charlotte is truly a killer!

:D

Ciao-ders!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 09:51:34 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2005, 09:53:49 AM »

Good vibes to DRGINNY and her NEW Pontiac VIBE! :)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #82 on: August 09, 2005, 09:54:41 AM »

At the bottom of the Canoe page where you read what is currently happening, there is a button that reads "Today's Transcript"...it's actually the last couple of days and includes everything up to the last entry.  Push the button and the transcript comes up.

It's what gets archived after three days or so.

Don't you always read from "today's transcript"? I do. I don't like the moving chat page. So i always just "refresh" the today's transcript page and read from where i left off.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #83 on: August 09, 2005, 09:59:54 AM »

I feel very un-motivated today.  I can't put Harry Potter down, the sun is NOT shining, I feel like I should go for a long walk and head to the office and do work related things and I do have a rehearsal at church tonight.  Oh - what I'd give to NOT have to go there this eve!!!  

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #84 on: August 09, 2005, 10:09:12 AM »

Hello all, I'm about to leave for my trip to California so I shall be gone from the board for the rest of the week.

Elmore, I'm sorry that I will miss seeing you tonight.  I think we are due for another round of margaritas!

vixmom

« Reply #85 on: August 09, 2005, 10:13:39 AM »

I feel very un-motivated today.  I can't put Harry Potter down, the sun is NOT shining, I feel like I should go for a long walk and head to the office and do work related things and I do have a rehearsal at church tonight.  Oh - what I'd give to NOT have to go there this eve!!!  

I read several reviews saying that "this Harry Potter just isn't the page turner the others were"

The Vixter and I, on the other hand, agree with you... we couldn't put it down.   One reviewer said the first ten chapters could have been completely done away with... I found the early stuff some of the most intriguing items in the book...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #86 on: August 09, 2005, 10:15:05 AM »

Don't you always read from "today's transcript"? I do. I don't like the moving chat page. So i always just "refresh" the today's transcript page and read from where i left off.

???

Yes, I do read from "Today's Transcript".  It's what I was referring to when I said you should read the transcript (which covered the last several days), to which you asked "What transcript?"  I can see now my use of "entire" made it sound like something different.

I was beginning to think you were trying to "Gaslight" me.

:D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 10:16:32 AM by Ron Pulliam »

vixmom

« Reply #87 on: August 09, 2005, 10:16:26 AM »

Hello all, I'm about to leave for my trip to California so I shall be gone from the board for the rest of the week.

Elmore, I'm sorry that I will miss seeing you tonight.  I think we are due for another round of margaritas!

Have a wonderful trip... is Rodzinski going with you?  Will you be meeting with any HHW friends while you're there?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #88 on: August 09, 2005, 10:18:18 AM »

I know we're not supposed to comment on advertising, but the Caricatures ad that was atop this page when I came back to the site made me LOL!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #89 on: August 09, 2005, 10:32:52 AM »

It seems that in this Harry Potter book, there is a lot of back story stuff and things that really needed to be fleshed out that the author just touched on earlier in the series.  I find it interesting while others may find it boring
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up