Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY  (Read 79821 times)

Cillaliz

Re:WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL DAY
« Reply #120 on: September 11, 2005, 06:01:53 PM »

DR Cillaliz, RE: the big brother live feeds.

I despise Maggie the most. I really want to hurt her.  While she has listened to april, and is worried about how she is being portrayed, I think she needs to realize 1) how she's manipulated Iv/Ap, and 2) how much garbage has come out of her mouth.

I am sickened by how Maggie has threatened the other women. She basically said that if they take Janelle to F2, then they lose all the Friendship votes. So basically Ivette would have no choice but to take MAggie. To me, if Ivette wins HOH then she should be allowed to do what is best for her to win. Not what is best for maggie.

Interesting. You are right about Maggie, though, any time anyone tries to think for themselves she has always said "That is not even an option" and threatens them.  Now she keeps saying she doesn't want to watch the DVDs of the show (which I assume they are given as soon as the show is over).  I'm sure it's because she knows what she has done and said.

Tuesday is an eviction this week, it should be interesting. I am glad that April can't win, but am also glad she is being human to Janelle.

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: September 11, 2005, 06:02:20 PM »

cool! I started a page!  

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: September 11, 2005, 06:08:08 PM »

A Riddle -  On BB they asked Janelle and April this riddle and there is no answer yet. Does anyone here know the answer?

What is Greater than God, the poor have it, the rich dont want it, and if you eat it, you would die?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #123 on: September 11, 2005, 06:14:04 PM »

A Riddle -  On BB they asked Janelle and April this riddle and there is no answer yet. Does anyone here know the answer?

What is Greater than God, the poor have it, the rich dont want it, and if you eat it, you would die?

Nothing.  (Literally--"nothing" is the answer.  ;) ).
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: September 11, 2005, 06:20:57 PM »

Nothing.  (Literally--"nothing" is the answer.  ;) ).

Of Course! Thanks

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #125 on: September 11, 2005, 06:26:56 PM »

Hi Everyone, had a lovely day in Brooklyn with Rodzinski.  It started off a bit rough, we had heard that Coney Island had "cleaned up" and since we hadn't been in years, we thought we would make a trip down for some fun and to check out the aquarium.

Well the subway station has been redone and is great, but that's about it.  And try as we might to sample exciting fried food, it all tasted blech.  But then I got a truly satisfying rootbeer float and we made our way to the aquarium and all was well.

TPunk

• Crapballs!
« Reply #126 on: September 11, 2005, 06:31:28 PM »

The walruses were swimming all the way up to the glass and bumping their enormous stomachs up against it.  It was very cool and as Rodzinski said, totally worth the cost of admission just to see them.

We only had an hour before closing but managed to see all of the exhibits.  The beluga whales pulled a no show, but we saw many different varieties of seahorses.  I learned that they are not good pets for folks to keep in aquariums because due to the fact that they have no stomachs, they have to eat live food constantly.  It just passes right through them, basically through a tube. Hmm..

Then we ventured into Park Slope in Brooklyn, Rodzinski's old neighborhood for some mexican food and italian ices before heading home.  And now, I must read several chapters in preparation for school on Tuesday!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2005, 06:48:28 PM »

The walruses were swimming all the way up to the glass and bumping their enormous stomachs up against it.  

Wow!!  I do that all the time to.   ;D
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Tomovoz

« Reply #128 on: September 11, 2005, 07:04:20 PM »

Here's another clue for you all:
The Walrus was Paul
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #129 on: September 11, 2005, 07:19:20 PM »

DR Cillaliz, yes i was going to post the answer to the riddle. Not because I knew it but because I read it somewhere.

Live Feed spoilers.

I am actually starting to respect april.  I really did not want her to win before.  But now I sort of want her to stay.  I really want to see maggie go. I wish there was a way.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #130 on: September 11, 2005, 08:03:48 PM »

I need a topic of the day.  How about stupid misheard song lyrics.  :)

Seeing TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA got me thinking of FOLLIES.  I could have sworn the lyric in "Who's That Woman?" was "Hi there! Kiss me, Tarzan" instead of "Hi there, kiss me, Bye there." I also thought Yvonne de Carlo was singing "Pedicures, religion and pills" instead of "rest cures."  (What can I say?  I had a cheap hi-fi with tinny speakers.)

DR FJL, my misconstrued FOLLIES lyric was "Who's the fairy who let her down?" in "Who's That Woman".  It made sense to me.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2005, 08:13:10 PM »

Good Evening!

Whew!  Back from auditions.  It was a weird day for a couple of reasons.

First of all, we only had about 150 people registered.  We normally have about 200 to 225.  So, after crunching the numbers, we decided just to go straight the morning and finish "early" instead of taking a lunch break.  -Which was OK.  So, we ended up finishing up around 1:30.

Secondly, we usually figure on about a five percent no-show ratio.  Well, out of the 150 people we had registered, we had almost 50 no shows.  That was LOT of no shows.  After checking in with some people, we realized that a bunch of people stayed home - or wherever they are - since they drive in.  And with the cost of gas right now...  It was easier to sacrifice a $25 registration fee for the prospect of spending about $70-100 on gasoline for a round-trip trip.

And, yes, unfortunately, there were some called-in cancellations from people who were directly affected by Hurricane Katrina.  -Put it all in perspective.

But, all in all, a good day.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2005, 08:17:19 PM »

You never let me down for a giggle DR DtM.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2005, 08:17:43 PM »

However...

The theatre was FREEZING!  The A/C was turned up high - or low if you prefer to look at it that way.  I started getting the sniffles as the day went on.  And to top it all off, the blowers happened to be positioned right above the piano, so I had this  "breeze" blowing on my hands the whole time.  I had to sit on my hands between people to keep them warm.  Even the auditionees were complaining it was so cold - I even wore my fleece later on and I was still cold.  We've asked to have the A/C turned off tomorrow morning before things get going.  We have a shorter day tomorrow, so it should not get heat up too much - if at all - by the time we are done.

*It was so cold, that after one group finished, I asked if I could replay one of the auditions for a young gentleman.  My hands were just so cold at the time, that I couldn't play his piece properly.  -That's how cold it was!  -And the second time through went a lot better.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2005, 08:18:45 PM »

Today's bored meeting set a record for length and boredom.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2005, 08:19:37 PM »

I have the second book in that series of misheard lyrics, or "mondegreens".  -Which I believe is derived from one of the earliest misheard lyrics, a Renaissance song.  The original lyric was something along the line of "laid him on the green", but was heard as "laid him mondegreen".
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2005, 08:20:14 PM »

You never let me down for a giggle DR DtM.

:D
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2005, 08:20:16 PM »

Today's bored meeting set a record for length and boredom.

Did you call Guiness?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2005, 08:22:07 PM »

Here's Pogue and Debbie Tilton's husband Michael, who just finished directing the new Stephen Seagall movie.

And they're very color-coordinated too!

:D
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2005, 08:22:19 PM »

Having a few pints of Guiness might have helped.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2005, 08:23:35 PM »

Of course my body shape is already politely referred to as "Stout" so I would not partake.
James Thurber 1957

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2005, 08:47:16 PM »

I'll be making der Brucer soup for dinner tonight.  

Catcging up catching up  and when I read this I had to read it twice. For4 a moment I thought you wre making der Brucer into soup, rather than soup for him!! That's what i get for trying to cruise through 72 hours of posts in  an hour
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2005, 08:56:15 PM »

So yesterday was our NYC day.  We decided to take the train in and ended up in Penn Station around 1PM.  What an absolutely lovely day.  We decided to  wander up to 49th & 5th to  The American Girl Place but were somewhat delayed getting there becasue of a parade on 5th Avenue.  We are not sure exactly what the parade was for but Garbage Trucks   Sanitation Vehicles were traveling down the road as well as various pieces of large yellow machinery all with pretty young ladies draped on them waving to the crowds.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 08:57:17 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2005, 08:58:17 PM »

"I'll never dance with your mother, when  your father's standing there"

Tomovoz

« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2005, 09:00:14 PM »

I saw her standing there.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2005, 09:00:20 PM »

My goodness, we need a pick me up today, don't we?  We need some oomph, some zip, some zest, some pep, some snazz.

To it, quick!

vixmom

« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2005, 09:01:52 PM »

We ended up having only about 20 minutes at AGP but they were debuting a new doll, a character in the upcoming Felicity TV movie, screenwritten by former DR Panni.  They had all sorts of events for the day including having the actress playing Felicity there in the store. signing autographs and having her picture taken with happy little girl.  We didn;t have time to wait so the Vixter just waved at the young actress  and we headed out to the Majestic Theatre

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2005, 09:02:47 PM »

Well, today was a long day - and sitting underneath very bright stage lights for eight hours really took it's toll...  So... And tomorrow will be another long day too...  So...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2005, 09:03:32 PM »

My next door neighbour's kids used to sing "almost heaven, west of Ginger". Grade school kids here would not have heard of West Virginia.
James Thurber 1957

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2005, 09:06:20 PM »

I have a lot of LPs and someday I need to take digital pix of some of my covers, as I have been known to buy albums that have bizarre covers or gorgeous covers.

The AUDIO FIDELITY label is outstanding for covers.

Before I met TPunk, I was quite in love with this woman on the cover of Wayne King's "Isle of Gold Dreams" LP.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up