Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: LEISURE SUIT  (Read 107902 times)

Tomovoz

Re:LEISURE SUIT
« Reply #180 on: September 16, 2005, 03:28:01 PM »

Hello td.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #181 on: September 16, 2005, 03:31:40 PM »

I have seen only one fluff strand thus far, but it was really just an errant thread on someone's tunic, or was it someone's jonathan tunic?

Tom, got the package today, thanks much.
Wow! Fast mail. (Not to be confused with Fast male which I am not, and Fasting male which I should be)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #182 on: September 16, 2005, 03:36:45 PM »

BK, there is more of me in the THE FLY extras.  Go to the long version of the documentary, then to the sub-heading of "Branching Clips".  The clips are titled and tell who is in them.  I'm in two extensive clips.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #183 on: September 16, 2005, 03:39:25 PM »

Australia on Big Brother:  WE ARE NOT AMUSED!der Brucer - And just what have you people been watching!!!!!

The WRONG show, apparently.

All I've gotten is profanity up the ying-yang from the females in the house (they and Eric, that is).  Howie did his share, too.

There was the event in the bathroom where all the girls lined up and peeked over the shower to see "Beau's chocolate pee-pee", but only after Howie, himself, had looked and gaped and exclaimed over it.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #184 on: September 16, 2005, 03:51:50 PM »

MattH, I'm sure you mean 1999 or 2001 Ben-Hur DVD - DVD didn't exist in 1991.

I think DR MattH may be  talking about the 1991 laserdisc issue, which he may have recorded onto DVD-R.  
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 04:08:44 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: September 16, 2005, 03:59:41 PM »

I'm back from a long day, and I have to go out again because they polyurethaned the floors of the apartment above me while I was out and I am dying from the fumes.  I had a good day with Arlen and Gershwin and then I saw a wonderful film, JUNEBUG, which features my friend Celia Weston.

I need to go out now for some dinner.

Renee Zellweger is crying fraud over her marriage?  Speculations are endless, but I have my opinions.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: September 16, 2005, 04:06:35 PM »

I had meant to make a comment on the song "Howl" from TWO GENTLEMEN OF VERONA; written for the London production, it's on the London cast recording and it's published in the vocal score with the original "Mansion" in the Appendix.  I asked John Guare about this number when I called him in 2002 to congratulate him on the CD release.  He said that the creative team had been worried about the phrase "nothing like a sublet" having no reference outside of Manhattan, hence "Howl."  
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 04:06:56 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #187 on: September 16, 2005, 04:07:37 PM »

Re: Zellweger and Chesney and "annulment."

Anyone remember a time when annulment was only possible if the marriage was NOT consummated?

Has this changed??

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #188 on: September 16, 2005, 04:17:49 PM »

To DRs Ron Pulliam, TCB, and vixmom:

I put something in the mail for each of you today, so be on the lookout for it next week.

Thanks, Matt H.

And thank you, Ben for the present I received today.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #189 on: September 16, 2005, 04:28:07 PM »

Renee Zellweger is crying fraud over her marriage?  Speculations are endless, but I have my opinions.

And they are?? ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #190 on: September 16, 2005, 04:31:07 PM »

Re: Zellweger and Chesney and "annulment."

Anyone remember a time when annulment was only possible if the marriage was NOT consummated?

Has this changed??

If the consent to the marriage contract was obtained either by fraud or force, then there are grounds for an annulment. Fraud is not telling the truth in order to induce the other party to enter into the marriage. Whether the failure to tell the truth will be grounds for annulment depends on the facts of the case. Force is threat of or threat of the use of physical violence to make a person get married. If the person who has been threatened or deceived about the marriage contract continues to live with the spouse after discovering the fraud or the deception or after being forced into the marriage, it is possible this ground will not apply.

This seems to be the  "fraud" issue Renee is raising

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Michael

« Reply #191 on: September 16, 2005, 04:40:43 PM »

I'll say it. It has been long rumored that hubby is gay and that Renee was just a beard. The run was a lot shorter than I thought it would be.
Hubby is Kenny Chesney. They were married May 9th
Never stop dreaming.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #192 on: September 16, 2005, 04:41:42 PM »

A more inclusive "annulment" answer:

Grounds for annulment vary slightly from state to state. Generally, an annulment requires that at least one of the following reasons exists:

Misrepresentation or fraud -- for example, a spouse lied about the capacity to have children, falsely stated that she had reached the age of consent, or failed to say that she was still married to someone else.

Concealment -- for example, concealing an addiction to alcohol or drugs, conviction of a felony, children from a prior relationship, a sexually transmitted disease, or impotency.

Refusal or inability to consummate the marriage -- that is, refusal or inability of a spouse to have sexual intercourse with the other spouse.

Misunderstanding -- for example, one person wanted children and the other did not.

Above from NOLO do-it-yourself lawyer site.

der Brucer - Hmmm- seems easier and easier
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

Michael

« Reply #193 on: September 16, 2005, 04:43:48 PM »

Here is the theme to ABC's Movie of The Week

http://www.tvparty.com/g2c/movieweek.ram

I remember
Elizabeth Montgomery in The Victim. (Her first post Bewitched role)

BTW the theme is by Burt Bacharach from a song he wrote called Niki
Never stop dreaming.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #194 on: September 16, 2005, 04:48:28 PM »

Well, the Tacoma News Tribune theatre critic can't stand the play Charley's Aunt, citing a "script that should have been destroyed at least 50 years ago" in which the "jokes are stale and the plot weak," but admits that our "stellar cast...elicited an almost endless stream of guffaws."  And apparently I'm "lovable as Jack."  I'll take it.

....and I am, apparently, also in the cast.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #195 on: September 16, 2005, 04:52:32 PM »

Miss Tammy Minoff and I had a lovely lunch featuring the cuisine of Mexico.  She was wearing a tiny little skirt, and as we went into the restaurant a man ogled her and said "nice skirt."  The subtext was "nice skirt and can I go out with you tonight."  

No, I believe the subtext was "nice skirt, can you take it off."
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #196 on: September 16, 2005, 04:53:44 PM »

I might be in the cast, too.

Is there a listing for "Townspeople"?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #197 on: September 16, 2005, 04:59:22 PM »

I might be in the cast, too.

Is there a listing for "Townspeople"?

No, but I can try to have it added.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #198 on: September 16, 2005, 05:05:30 PM »

You may end up in a cast if you upstage loveable Jack. I'd leave and get a job as a flower seller in another show.

Guess you are a proud dad TCB.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #199 on: September 16, 2005, 05:21:41 PM »

Maybe it's unseemly to ask but have any DRs played "Leisure Suit Larry"? I assume DR Elmore still rakes in the royalties.
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: September 16, 2005, 05:25:23 PM »

....and I am, apparently, also in the cast.

What?  No reviews for Spettigue?  You deserve raves, dear man.  BTW, the reviewer sounds like a twit, but there are a lot of twit reviewers giving their opinions.  I myself have a few.  I think your reviewer's a bigger twit than I.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: September 16, 2005, 05:27:04 PM »

Maybe it's unseemly to ask but have any DRs played "Leisure Suit Larry"? I assume DR Elmore still rakes in the royalties.

My combined royalties, between ASCAP, my publishers and the occasional recording royalty check, would buy me a nice lunch.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #202 on: September 16, 2005, 05:31:14 PM »

What?  No reviews for Spettigue?  You deserve raves, dear man.  BTW, the reviewer sounds like a twit, but there are a lot of twit reviewers giving their opinions.  I myself have a few.  I think your reviewer's a bigger twit than I.

Hum, elmore, I think you spelled that wrong!  ::) ::)
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #203 on: September 16, 2005, 05:41:31 PM »

Was it supposed to be "Spaghetti-O"?

(or do you have a different role?  Maybe Babberley?)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 05:44:11 PM by Ron Pulliam »

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #204 on: September 16, 2005, 05:42:58 PM »

How did you know my nickname?
“One thing’s universal,

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #205 on: September 16, 2005, 05:44:52 PM »

How did you know my nickname?

Oh...an Italian youth may have let it slip...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: September 16, 2005, 05:53:12 PM »

Hum, elmore, I think you spelled that wrong!  ::) ::)

Twit for tat, dear!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #207 on: September 16, 2005, 06:06:01 PM »

"Big Brother 6" Spoilage:

We now have the worst finish since Jun and Allison,  the two most-hated women in their season, reached the final 2.

Oddly enough, though, the sequester house vote is now in the hands of the Outcasts, who outman the fiendsheep clones 4-3 with Janelle, Rachel, Howie and James.

Whether James will vote for Ivette or April will vote for Maggie remains to be seen.

It's a shi**y ending to a mostly shi**y season...once again.  And Ivette proves once and for all that she doesn't have a clue how to play the game.

Her mother and girlfriend must be furious.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 06:07:36 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Danise

« Reply #208 on: September 16, 2005, 06:09:17 PM »

Evening folks!

What a day.  What a week!  Thank goodness it's OVER!

I got a lovely suprise in the mail today.  A postcard from DR Jane and Keith from Munchen!

I'm happy to report that they are having a wonderful time and seem to be really enjoying themselfs.  
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 06:11:25 PM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #209 on: September 16, 2005, 06:19:29 PM »

Evening folks!

What a day.  What a week!  Thank goodness it's OVER!

I got a lovely suprise in the mail today.  A postcard from DR Jane and Keith from Munchen!

I'm happy to report that they are having a wonderful time and seem to be really enjoying themselfs.  
J & K have folowed the yellow brick road to Munchenland. I didn't know that.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005, 06:20:48 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up