Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: BIDIN' MY TIME  (Read 19718 times)

Ginny

Re:BIDIN' MY TIME
« Reply #180 on: September 29, 2005, 06:43:34 PM »

'night, everybody.  I have to rest up for my last day of work before my week off.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #181 on: September 29, 2005, 06:59:52 PM »

Wow, in the next two days there will be HHWers criss-crossing the globe!

Jennifer

« Reply #182 on: September 29, 2005, 07:08:59 PM »

DR George I did tape it.  But just be warned that even though I taped it on NBC, it will have the Canadian commercials.  Not that you will be watching the commercials.  But just so you know.

Ben

« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2005, 07:16:18 PM »

Just got back from a fun night at the movies w/Jason and Anthony. More detail tomorrow when I'm more awake.

Wussburger with cheese, lettuce and tomato coming up!

Goodnight.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #184 on: September 29, 2005, 07:45:50 PM »

I'm back from a very long band rehearsal with Miss Faith Prince, whom I adore.  My chart went well, but so did Don Sebesky's and Fred Barton's.  As I was leaving, Ned Ginsburg was coming in to heaqr his.  I'm sorry I missed it, but I was starving.  I'm now having some delish  matzoh ball soup from Arties.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2005, 07:49:13 PM »

DRJason, your new avatar is quite fetching; are you doing a version of LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE?
Little House on the Prairie: the story of how Gregory House became interested in diagnostic medicine, when he helped cure Pa's horse of a rare instestinal disorder.

It's a prequel, of course.  Featuring the voice talents of Michael J. Fox and Nathan Lane as House's best friends, a talking mouse and cat.

;D
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2005, 07:56:48 PM »

The only show I wanted to watch tonight was Alias.  We had to record it, because immediately after work der B had to drive up to Dover and wanted me with him.

I'm still waiting to watch the show, since he's had a line-up of shows HE'S wanted to watch and is doing so.

I'm thinking of using a bottle of Tabasco on his dinner tomorrow.

>:(
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2005, 08:04:37 PM »

DR Jose - On the one hand, it's wonderful that the cjoices among actors are so strong for your show.

But there's a part of me that thinks about how sad that there are so many people who are so talented yet so right for the part that using them wouldn't be settling, and yet those talented people are not getting a job, and may just be totally without work.  And will feel the pain of rejection.

Sorry to be a downer.  So many of our friends and neighbors are actors, so I just felt a pang of sadness from reading your post.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 08:07:58 PM by FJL »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2005, 08:06:11 PM »

I also recorded WILL & GRACE. It's easier for me to make DVDs rather than videotapes, and I'll have it so if the other folks can't do it or something goes wrong. You know I definitely have it for a back-up.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jason

« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2005, 08:07:32 PM »

Back from the movie with a box of Krispy Kremes in tow. :-\

DR Ben, DP Ant and I had a loverly time. There were some film issues that delayed and at one time interrupted La Crawford, but all in all a good time was had. Now I'm eating the leftover stir fry from last night as I was absolutely starving after the movie. It's quite tasty.

Who's excited about the HHWers who are coming to loverly New York? I am!! Safe travels to everyone in the next couple of days...

Matt H.

« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2005, 08:08:33 PM »

Speaking of WILL & GRACE, it was average in the funny department, but there were a few good lines.

Eric McCormack and Megan Mullally, both consummate theater professionals, never dropped character once in the East Coast version. Sean Hayes and Debra Messing had a very hard time getting through their scene together without breaking up.

The show was bleeped twice in the East Coast version!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2005, 08:12:47 PM »

Back from another gorge-fest with BK at BIRDS, our new hot "In" place.  We wolfed down a mountain of onion rings and tore at chicken carcasses with the wild abandon of Charles Laughton in Henry the VIII.  Afterwards, we made our way through the smoke-clouded skies of LA...there's apparently a fire in the Burbank Hills or something...up the street to Counterpoint Records and Books where BK bought a dirty record with which I will let him regale you.

Matt H.

« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2005, 08:13:58 PM »

I watched the series premiere of NIGHT STALKER. There were some moments of eerieness in the show, but the story sort of lost momentum for me and at the most climactic moment became a flurry of bouncy camerawork, screams, and bad lighting so nothing really could be seen (or experienced). I wasn't totally disappointed by the show, but it has a ways to go in the next two episodes to win me over.

One neat little touch was that original Kolchak Darren McGavin was CGIed into the newsroom as Stuart Townsend (the new Kolchak) walked by him.

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2005, 08:18:10 PM »

And finally, WITHOUT A TRACE completed the story began as last season's cliffhanger. Good episode, but the entire modus operandi of the show (searching for missing persons) was abandoned as the FBI agents went on a manhunt for a terrorist who had shot one of their own.

Matt H.

« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2005, 08:18:54 PM »

Tomorrow I will have ALIAS, CSI, and REUNION to watch in addition to THE OFFICE which I still haven't gotten to.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2005, 08:20:22 PM »

What a wonderful meal we had, except Pogue FORCED me to eat so much food - he MADE me do it - chicken, three side dishes, onion rings - I feel like I'm going to explode.

The LP I got has instantly gone into the pantheon of great covers.  I will photograph it and share it with you shortly.

Matt H.

« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2005, 08:22:40 PM »

And speaking of THE OFFICE, NBC has ordered enough episodes to carry it to midseason, so my surmising this morning about what might possibly happen to the show must undoubtedly be wrong. Looks like it's going to run at least to January.

Still wonder where SCRUBS will land. NBC has a two hour Wednesday dead block with Martha Stewart's APPRENTICE and E-RING, and I guess it's possible they could stick SCRUBS into one of those slots along with possibly moving JOEY (which is just sinking fast on Thursdays) and then THE BOOK OF DANIEL which they've got waiting for midseason.

Jason

« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2005, 08:29:52 PM »

I just sent in a list of suggested movies for future Chelsea Classics. They encourage that sort of thing. Anyway, here's a smattering of the movies I suggested.

MADAME X
IMITATION OF LIFE (Lana Turner)
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD
THE POSEIDON ADVENTURE
THE TOWERING INFERNO
EARTHQUAKE
AIRPLANE!
THE PRODUCERS
GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES
JAWS
XANADU (silly, I know...)

That's all I can remember for now. Any other suggestions would be welcome - I can email them in at any time.

Michael

« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2005, 08:34:17 PM »

I am listening to Susan Egan's "new"cd thanks to DR Larry.

Question:

With the exception of More and Joshua Noveck are these previously released tracks?

Never stop dreaming.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2005, 08:37:32 PM »

Here it is, on Joe Davis Records.  Faye Richmonde, the singer, is not the babe on the cover.  This classic LP (what a cover!) has such great songs as

You Ought To See Her Box
Mama's Well Has Done Gone Dry
Where Can I Find A Cherry For My Banana Split?
It Was Hard When I Kissed Her Goodbye
Meat Man Pete
and many others.

Several of the songs are by the great Andy Razaf.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: September 29, 2005, 08:39:05 PM »

Yes, they are all Susan's tracks from albums that I produced.  We let her sing the two new songs using the orchestral backing tracks used for Tammy Minoff and Jennifer Simard.

Matt H.

« Reply #201 on: September 29, 2005, 08:52:35 PM »

Must be heading toward the bedroom now. Have a lot of TV and DVDs to watch tomorrow so I need to rest my eyes a bit to be able to focus them tomorrow.

Good night, all.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #202 on: September 29, 2005, 08:55:02 PM »

"Meat Man Pete?"

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #203 on: September 29, 2005, 08:58:56 PM »

That is a great cover. I'm jealous.

Me, I just got back from my second night in a row at City Center's FALL FOR DANCE series. Dance troupes from all over the globe perform in it. It's a really good way to see dance because the things you don't like don't last that long and its on to the next... It's going on until Sunday. None of the performances were bad, some were incredible.

I did the program which was mentioned in the NY TIMES today. Something like, "This dance is about six soldiers walking through the gates of Heaven ACCORDING TO THE PROGRAM."  (emphasis is mine)

« Last Edit: September 29, 2005, 08:59:30 PM by Rodzinski »

MBarnum

« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2005, 09:14:47 PM »

Am finally catching up on Tuesday's AMAZING RACE. I am really enjoying the teams of families! Particularly the two teams that have the small children...those kids are smart! And what an education this game will be for them, seeing all parts of North and South America.

And the Paola family cracks me up...they are the Italian family from Brooklyn who bicker constantly...well, the mom and sons do, the dad seems to stay out of it...I know families just like them! LOL!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #205 on: September 29, 2005, 09:17:43 PM »

DR George I did tape it.  But just be warned that even though I taped it on NBC, it will have the Canadian commercials.  Not that you will be watching the commercials.  But just so you know.

Thanks!  Let me know if you want the West Coast version!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #206 on: September 29, 2005, 09:26:14 PM »

I thought that "Will and Grace" was pretty funny, but not hysterically funny.  Of course, I haven't watched it in a couple of years.  I thought I noticed an edit(!) in the brodcast, but I didn't hear any actual bleep.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #207 on: September 29, 2005, 09:27:25 PM »

Here it is, on Joe Davis Records.  Faye Richmonde, the singer, is not the babe on the cover.  This classic LP (what a cover!) has such great songs as

You Ought To See Her Box
Mama's Well Has Done Gone Dry
Where Can I Find A Cherry For My Banana Split?
It Was Hard When I Kissed Her Goodbye
Meat Man Pete
and many others.

Several of the songs are by the great Andy Razaf.

My eyes! 8)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: September 29, 2005, 09:30:19 PM »

Here is an interesting thing:  Last week the Feds announced they are launching a major investigation into gas price gouging.  This week gas prices have dropped by twenty cents.  Coincidence?  Not.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #209 on: September 29, 2005, 10:05:58 PM »

...except Pogue FORCED me to eat so much food - he MADE me do it ...
Next on the menu: BK fois gras!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up