Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: LIQUID SOCIETY  (Read 14834 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:LIQUID SOCIETY
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2005, 09:22:32 AM »

I don't drink coffee.

I am a sucker for those Vitamin Waters that are everywhere now. They have titles like "Focus," "Revive," "Power C," "Essential." Though the question is begged, what if I want to "focus," but I don't want to drink that particular flavor??
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 09:22:53 AM by Rodzinski »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2005, 09:22:48 AM »

And, now...

PAGE THREE!!

3[/size]
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2005, 09:29:42 AM »

There was an old Letterman on TRIO this morning, from the early 80s, and he had John Carpenter on there talking about THE THING, which was coming out at that time. It was interesting because Letterman and Carpenter both seemed pretty sure THE THING was going to be a big hit, and it really got blasted by critics and flopped. Watching the movie now, I think it has a lot to recommend it.

Michael

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2005, 09:44:48 AM »

The opening scene of Darling Lili (Whistling in the Dark) is one long continous take with the camera that seems to be constantly move. I was not aware of it on the initial viewing but noticed on subsquent viewings.
Never stop dreaming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2005, 09:44:57 AM »

Well... I need to organize a bunch of things here as well as  start some packing, so...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2005, 09:49:26 AM »

DRJOSE I am looking forward to your theatre review of IN MY LIFE.....or whatever it's called....  Appreciated another set of SWEENEY TODD comments.  Seems to be more favored than not in these here parts.  And people in these here parts would know!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2005, 09:49:54 AM »

DR RODZINSKI....ah yes Wild in the Streets = 14 or Fight! :)
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2005, 09:59:57 AM »

DRJOSE I am looking forward to your theatre review of IN MY LIFE.....

So am I, DR Jrand.  So am I.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

MBarnum

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2005, 10:01:16 AM »

Off to see the new Wallace and Gromit movie with grand-neice Taylor!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #69 on: October 16, 2005, 10:04:21 AM »

DR RODZINSKI....ah yes Wild in the Streets = 14 or Fight! :)

You know it, JRand. Nothing can change the shape of things to come!

After downloading that, I read Christopher Jones' bio on IMDB. Literally the lengthiest bio I've ever seen for an actor on there. And the guy was in like 10 movies. Interesting anecdotes about the making of RYAN'S DAUGHTER.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #70 on: October 16, 2005, 10:05:00 AM »

And a few culinary observations from yesterday's travels around Manhattan....

Hershey's has released a line of Extra Dark Chocolate Bars - plain, with Macadamia Nuts and Cranberries, and with Cranberries, Blueberries, and Almonds.  The display in the Hershey's store is covered with information about the anti-oxidant properties of chocolacte - dark chocolate in particular.  Interesing marketing idea.  And one that will probably sell a few bars.  -Well, I bought two, so...

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #71 on: October 16, 2005, 10:05:27 AM »

Thanks for breakfast, MBarnum. I'm still eating the cereal you left behind.

(Note: MBarnum travels with his own cereal.)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #72 on: October 16, 2005, 10:06:12 AM »

Me want blueberry bar.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #73 on: October 16, 2005, 10:07:56 AM »

And also noticed at the Hershey's Store....

Hershey's has acquired Scharffen Berger, the gourmet chocolate line.  I noticed a display in the store, and asked one of the clerks what was up, "Oh, we acquired them last week."  Hmm...

I use Scharffen Berger when I'm cooking and baking goods for special people and occasions.  I'm hoping that this does not mean a possible decline in the quality of Scharffen Berger, and that it's just more of a better distribution deal than anything.  But, time will tell, I guess.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: October 16, 2005, 10:09:26 AM »

SOB, of course, is a work of fiction.

Is that out on DVD - I may have to watch it today as a companion piece to Darling Lili - I will reiterate that DL is beautifully directed by Blake, and the comedy bits, which seem like they're out of Clouseau, are very funny.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #75 on: October 16, 2005, 10:09:36 AM »

And, finally...

Concord Grape sorbetto.

To quote a line from Sweeney... God, that's good!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: October 16, 2005, 10:09:39 AM »

Oh, and I'm up, I'm up.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #77 on: October 16, 2005, 10:10:24 AM »

OK - Now I really have to go - and I actually managed to get some organizing done too!  Wow!

;)

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: October 16, 2005, 10:36:52 AM »

I'm being lazy right now.

How come up until the 90s (or mid to late 80s) we never carried bottles of water on our person?  However did we survive?  And how come it's only been since that time that we're told we must drink so much water?  Somehow we all survived not doing so all these years (at least those of a certain age).  How come pre 1990, we all got along without these Starbuck's type emporiums and drinking endless designer coffees all day long and all night long?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2005, 10:46:27 AM »

DRLaura you just proved bad sky days can be beautiful.  One day I'm going to visit Sedona again.

Michael

« Reply #80 on: October 16, 2005, 10:47:04 AM »

I find it interesting that the following is the story synopsis for the Broadway revival of Edward Albee's Seascape which one the Pulitzer Prize for drama.

On a visit to the seashore, a couple (I am guessing George Grizzard and Frances Sterhagen) debates over the direction in which their lives are headed now that the children are grown. Once they are joined by another couple (Elizabeth Marvell & Frederick Weller), a conversation encompassing life, death, and evolving consciousness ensues.

I find it interesting that there is no mention that the other couple are lizards. Of course unless Albee has rewritten the play like he did Virginia Woolfe
Never stop dreaming.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: October 16, 2005, 10:48:19 AM »

From Jason:
BTW, DR PennyO: My musical director and I have already been chatting about the cabaret act. I believe we have the second half all worked out.

Wonderful!!  Please keep us posted on your progression.

Jane

« Reply #82 on: October 16, 2005, 10:51:02 AM »

I would love to stay and chat, but there is laundry to do and a house to clean and I should clean out the eaves on the garage. I did the house eaves yesterday, my neighbor spotted for me while I was on the ladder, he waited until I got to the top and then went off to play with his dogs.  
So glad he could help!

So glad you had a safe trip back down. :)

Jane

« Reply #83 on: October 16, 2005, 10:53:49 AM »

Ginny thanks for letting me know Michigan won.  My niece was at the game so I’m sure she had a good time.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: October 16, 2005, 10:57:47 AM »

I try to avoid Starbuck's, unless some friends want to stop there, but the reason has nothing to do with corperate greed (etc.).  I just don't go there because there coffee beans taste burnt.  I would much rather got to a Tully's, a Seattle's Best, or a Fox Hollow and have some good coffee.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #85 on: October 16, 2005, 11:00:51 AM »

I feel like I've accomplished something in that I've done my laundry as well.

Re MBarnum traveling with his own cereal - Is there something unusual about traveling with your own breakfast stuff?  I do it when I'm staying at hotels or motels,  but especially when I'm staying at someone else's home since I never know whether trying to do breakfast in a "strange place" will be inconvenient to the schedules of other people.  Of course, there is the possibility of just skipping a meal or two, but that would be a little drastic.  :)

Jane

« Reply #86 on: October 16, 2005, 11:06:51 AM »

I'm being lazy right now.

How come up until the 90s (or mid to late 80s) we never carried bottles of water on our person?  However did we survive?  And how come it's only been since that time that we're told we must drink so much water?  

We were always told to drink that much water-I was anyway.  It just wasn't until good bottled water came along that I began to drink water instead of soda when I was out.

I only appreciate Starbucks when I’m desperate for a bathroom.  I figure Keith goes there enough I don’t need to feel guilty.  He prefers Peet’s Coffee.  Who has a Peet’s near them.  We have a drive through coffee place here called The Human Bean.  Keith and Bryan say it is excellent.

I treated myself to hot Ghirardelli chocolate & coco this morning.  Keith steamed the milk and I added some Western marshmallows.  Western marshmallows are really Campfire marshmallows and are oh so delicious.  

FJL

« Reply #87 on: October 16, 2005, 11:08:34 AM »

Tomorrow promises to be a weird day at the office.  It's the final deadline including extensions for tax return filing (normally Oct. 15th, but this year it's Oct. 17th since the 15th was on the weekend).  But the firm generally took the attitude that if a client's info wasn't in by last Friday. their return would just have to go out late.  One of the bosses has balked at this, insisting on getting client's returns out tomorrow even if they're still being worked on tomorrow despite it being the client's fault for not getting us the info by last Friday.  While the client is normally right :) providing this kind of service and driving the staff crazy of course shows clients that they can procrastinate until the very end and the firm's employees will kill themselves to get it done in time.  So we train our clients that it's OK to procrastinate, so why should they try to be timely in the future?

Felt good to rant.  Thanks if anyone actually read that.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: October 16, 2005, 11:11:42 AM »

Jose, I’m not a fan of Hershey’s.  

Keith really enjoyed the charms I picked up for him at the specialty candy store.  I just took the single cherry flavored one out of my packet and gave him the rest.

FJL

« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2005, 11:15:04 AM »

Skip's on the train to catch the last performance of UMBRELLAS OF CHERBOURG and it turns out there's a whole big group of people from NYC on that train, including Sheldon Harnick.  (My first thought of course was "Sheldon Harnick takes the train?"  But I guess if Mayor Bloomberg can take the subway...  :) )  Fun to know that, one of the reasons I'm glad cell phones were invented so that information like that can get to one's loved ones quickly.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up