Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PLU PLU  (Read 30232 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:PLU PLU
« Reply #180 on: November 10, 2005, 06:05:04 PM »

And one for Mahler!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #181 on: November 10, 2005, 06:06:53 PM »

It's interesting that both my sister and I prefer silver/silver-toned jewelry.  I used to have a gold hoop earring, but I don't wear it at all.  My class ring, my watches and my bracelet all are either silver/silver-plated/silver-toned.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #182 on: November 10, 2005, 06:08:00 PM »

Good Evening!

Nothing like a full day of rehearsal to tire oneself out.  But at least it's a good tired.  -And nothing like a good dinner to refresh oneself - yellowfin tuna in a red Thai curry sauce over brown basmati rice with a side of steamed broccoli (organic too!).  All very healthy and dietetic.  Which is a good thing since I've been trying to be healthy and dietetic the past couple of days.  -I've actually had no sugar or flour the past two days.  Yes, it is - and could be - easy to make "excuses" and go ahead and indulge, but I'm also digging the challenge of resisting the not-so-good stuff right now.

*And I'm also make sure I actually eat the groceries I bought last night before they go bad - which is what usually happens.

-Am I babbling?  I guess I am.  Ah, well...  In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: November 10, 2005, 06:10:11 PM »

Did any other DR have trouble posting a few hours ago?  It seemed like the site was down for a bit.

???

In any case...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: November 10, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »

DR vixmom - VIBES to the vixdad!
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #185 on: November 10, 2005, 06:12:56 PM »

Sending good health Vibes to vixdad.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: November 10, 2005, 06:13:05 PM »

DR vixmom - I'm glad to hear my package arrived yesterday.  And it's nice to know that the vixter thinks of me as her "benefactor".

So...  A plexiglass frame so that you can see both sides - ?? - Do you really want to look at the ticket prices and the group discounts?  ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #187 on: November 10, 2005, 06:14:44 PM »

Trivia about the word "nubile" - The new members of the Virginia Belles (the Univ. of VA singing group) are called "nubiles" which is a play on "new Belles."

FJL

« Reply #188 on: November 10, 2005, 06:16:46 PM »

NUBILE RICH - That's the name of my new body-switching musical.  A studly macho guy named Rich finds himself transplanted into the body of one of the nubile, buxom young women he's been treating badly.  

FJL

« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2005, 06:19:17 PM »

I love euphemisms.  One of my favorites is the neighbor who said about our dog Toby, "He's not fat, he's extra-cute."
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 06:20:01 PM by FJL »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: November 10, 2005, 06:23:18 PM »

LOST talk ahead-

As for next week's episode:  I was thinking that they - the producers of "Lost" - were going to go ahead and more or less start the series all over again, but this time focus on the "others".  And then after a couple of episodes, the show would pick up where they left off last night.  They had mentioned a couple of things that had happened to them since they had been on the island, and I'm guessing they're going to show those events.  -Well, I think that would be cool.

And does anyone else think that Sayid and Ana-Lucia actually might know one another already?  I sensed a look of "Oh, it's you?!?!?" on Sayid's face during the closing moments of the show.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #191 on: November 10, 2005, 06:32:57 PM »

I like wearing a watch.  I went through a phase a couple of years ago where I sort of collected different styles of watches.  And I also have a collection of Mickey Mouse-themed watches.  Alas, the watch I currently wear is one of those Timex Ironman deals.  All the other watches I've bought over the past couple of years are in a box in my storage unit.  And they all need new batteries too.

;)

However, I have lost a few watches over the years due to leaving them on pianos since I usually take my watch off when I'm playing.  I also lost my high school class ring that way.  :(
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #192 on: November 10, 2005, 06:35:51 PM »

I知 allergic to most perfumes so I try to be subtle with my Shalimar eau de toilette which has a lighter scent than the perfume.  I spray a bit on my wrists than rub it on the front of my hair.  When my hair falls in my face I can smell the Shalimar and when other perfumes make me sick I can calm my senses with my wrists.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #193 on: November 10, 2005, 06:36:31 PM »

zaftig - Emily Skinner
buxom - Tammy Minoff
nubile - The Olsen Twins - when they still looked somewhat normal.

;D

*Didn't we already have this "debate" a few weeks ago?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: November 10, 2005, 06:39:34 PM »

On the distaff side, someone tell us what these words mean to you:

macho
butch
studly

macho = Dame Edna Everidge
butch = Melissa Etheridge
studly = k.d. lang

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #195 on: November 10, 2005, 06:42:07 PM »

Studly: Masculine and attractive; One with whom another would want to mate.

...If even just for one night.

;D

Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #196 on: November 10, 2005, 06:45:03 PM »

My favorite bauble, bangle or bead is a "vintage"  Pulsar watch, which TPunk's dad passed on to me. It was quite a thing in its day, but kind of a joke now. Pulsars could not permanently display the time. It is blank until you press the button to light up the time. So people often think it is some kind of weird bracelet. Mine needs a new battery.

Jane

« Reply #197 on: November 10, 2005, 06:45:05 PM »

My favorite piece of jewelry is the gold heart Keith gave me when we were eighteen. It has a tiny ruby and raised lettering that reads 的値l love you as long as I live, and live as long as I love you.  

The heart is also special since Keith purchased it from a jeweler, Joseph Adler, I had known since I was very young.  He and his wife were patients of my father.  Mrs. Adler had a number on her arm from a concentration camp.  They were wonderful, kind people and I would often stop in to visit them.  I知 so glad I wanted Keith to meet them. :)

Ginny

« Reply #198 on: November 10, 2005, 06:48:12 PM »

A little more venting about the grant - wouldn't you think a PR "expert" would recognize the significance of the fact that our senior US senator, who has roots in one of the counties participating in our project, serves on the appropriations committee for the funding federal agency to which we were applying?  As far as I can tell, said PR "expert" didn't even contact a staffer in said Senator's office or send a heads-up copy of our proposal with a cover letter.  Now, I'm not a very politically savvy person, but, DUH, I could have figured that one out.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Michael

« Reply #199 on: November 10, 2005, 06:52:02 PM »

I bought the 2 disc edition of Charlie and the Charlie Factory. One of the items was a documentary on Roald Dahl.

The documentary was a white wash of the man.

No where do they mention that he was married to actress Patricia Neal.
No where do they mention that one of his children died at the age of 7.
No where do they mention that he was anti-semetic.
No where do they mention do they mention that he left Patricia Neal for her best friend.
No where do they mention do they mention his other writings like Lamb to the Slaughter.
No where do they mention that he wrote the Bond film You Only Live Twice.
No where do they mention that he wrote the film Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 06:55:49 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #200 on: November 10, 2005, 06:52:02 PM »

My favorite piece of jewelry is the gold heart Keith gave me when we were eighteen. It has a tiny ruby and raised lettering that reads 的値l love you as long as I live, and live as long as I love you.  

The heart is also special since Keith purchased it from a jeweler, Joseph Adler, I had known since I was very young.  He and his wife were patients of my father.  Mrs. Adler had a number on her arm from a concentration camp.  They were wonderful, kind people and I would often stop in to visit them.  I知 so glad I wanted Keith to meet them. :)

Jane, this is a very sweet story and reminds me that one of my favorite antiques experts, Frank Farmer Loomis, recommends writing down such stories to preserve the provinence of pieces as they're handed down.  Not to suggest that your gold heart is an antique yet  ;D, but someday it will be.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #201 on: November 10, 2005, 06:57:41 PM »

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was written by Ian Fleming.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: November 10, 2005, 06:57:58 PM »

But seriously:

macho - Antonio Banderas
butch - Ricky Martin - at least in his current "incarnation" - some of his new press photos actually look a bit "bearish".
studly - Antonio Sabato, Jr.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 07:02:22 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #203 on: November 10, 2005, 06:59:40 PM »

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was written by Ian Fleming.

**Though Dahl co-wrote the screenplay.

Jane

« Reply #204 on: November 10, 2005, 07:00:05 PM »

Ginny I have told the children the story often enough and chances are they will only remember a portion of the story. ;D   I should write it down.  I began doing that with a number of my personal keepsakes and never finished.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #205 on: November 10, 2005, 07:01:42 PM »

OOhh...Another fun ending to tonight's "The Apprentice".

OOOHH!!! - And C. Thomas Howell is on E.R...  Wow!  It's been years since I've seen him in anything...  And WOW!  That was quite an opening sequence!
Make Your Own Luck.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #206 on: November 10, 2005, 07:03:49 PM »

I just watched the last two-thirds of the film DAMNATION ALLEY. Surprisingly fun post-apocalyptic film with George Peppard, Jan-Michael Vincent, Paul Winfield and the great Jackie Earle Haley.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #207 on: November 10, 2005, 07:04:52 PM »

And Jerry Goldsmith score.

Ginny

« Reply #208 on: November 10, 2005, 07:17:41 PM »

One more day to work before a much-needed 3-day weekend.  Our DS Rob is coming home for the weekend and will be here to celebrate DH Richard's birthday on Sunday.

I'm off to bed - see y'all tomorrow!

MBarnum

« Reply #209 on: November 10, 2005, 07:40:17 PM »

I just watched the last two-thirds of the film DAMNATION ALLEY. Surprisingly fun post-apocalyptic film with George Peppard, Jan-Michael Vincent, Paul Winfield and the great Jackie Earle Haley.

And of course Mr. Seamon Glass, who I interviewed for the current (as in on the shelves any day now) issue of FILMFAX played one of the mutants in this flim.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up