Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: PLU PLU  (Read 28043 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
PLU PLU
« on: November 10, 2005, 12:12:58 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were pluokay, and now it is time for you to post until the plucows come home.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2005, 12:11:44 AM by bk »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:PLU PLU
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 12:13:13 AM »

And the word of the day is: SASSY!

Michael

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 04:50:34 AM »

I don't wear jewelry.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 04:51:41 AM »

As for cologne I wear Givenchy for men either the red bottle (which they don't make any more) or the blue bottle
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 04:52:33 AM »

Good morning, all!  In the immortal words of Rise Stevens, "Allison! Where IS everybody?"  I'm never this far up on the posting line.  What happened to DRs Hisaka and Tomovoz?  Too much partay yesterday?  It was quite a festive day and I'm still tuckered out.

My 9:30 meeting has been canceled, so I'm off to the Post Office, then  a flu shot before I come back and finish this overture to Mario Frangoulis' concert.

I have no jewelry, so I have nothing to say on the TOD.

« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 04:57:42 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 04:53:24 AM »

DRMichaelShayne has shone up!  Good morning, Michael.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 04:53:51 AM »

I am not going to Italy for family reasons. I want to stay in North America. Italy (in Technicolor) will have to wait.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2005, 04:56:36 AM »

DRMichaelShayne has shone up!  Good morning, Michael.

And a good morn to you Larry
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2005, 05:00:20 AM »

Good morning, all!  In the immortal words of Rise Stevens, "Allison! Where IS everybody?"  I'm never this far up on the posting line.  What happened to DRs Hisaka and Tomovoz?  Too much partay yesterday?
I have no jewelry, so I have nothing to say on the TOD.

I was also surprised that I was the first to other than Bk to post. I can't even remember when that happened. Usually its the west coast, Japan, Australia or France.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2005, 05:02:55 AM »

I'll add one

Never stop dreaming.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2005, 05:15:10 AM »

I'm not much for jewelry (can't afford the good stuff), but I did inherit a nice pair of emerald earrings from my aunt.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2005, 05:15:45 AM »

I appologize for being absent during yesterday's festivities.  There was simply too much going on away from the computer for me to attend.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ben

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2005, 05:23:56 AM »

Good Morning all!

Jose, how wonderful that you're working with Chris. I looked at the dates for Damn Yankees. A trip down would have to be in January probably since December is full up with events and trips. I see that you run through February 9th. I'll see what I can do. I will also contact a friend who now lives in Richmond and operates a chain of Mystery Dinner Theatres. Jim used to live in Minnesota and knows Chris as well. They worked together at Chanhassen Dinner Theatre if I recall correctly. It would be great to have a mini-Minnesota reunion in Washington, DC.

What a sassy day we had yesterday. I finished off the day by seeing The Color Purple w/DR Jason. It was an excellent show. Both La Chanze (Celie) and Felicia Fields (Sofia) will most likely get Tony nominations for this show. The show is a bit long but not looking at your watch long and when will this end. It's a moving and lyrical piece which mixes well the dark and difficult periods of Celie's life with song and color and real beauty. I'm glad I got to see the show.

On that note, I will leave for a while to get some work done.

Later.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2005, 05:24:18 AM »

I wear no jewelry.  Not even a watch.  

Glasses don't count, unless they belong to either Elton John or Dame Edna, who have the same flair for that kind of thing.

Nor do I care for perfumery.  There's just too much use of perfume in the world.  I mean, heck, you can even buy perfumed toilet paper, which strikes me as redundant.

I wouldn't mind having a gemstone around, of course.  The Hope Diamond would make a great paperweight.  Only Fletcher, the Mouthy Dalmatian, would probably try to eat it.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2005, 05:31:28 AM »

I will probably be pluabsent and plutruant all of tomorrow, as well.  Since the grandlads won't have school (some school function), der Brucer and I will be rescuing them from day care and treating them to a day of fun and frolic.  A light lunch, a bookstore visit, a movie, and then dinner.  All with Mommie far, far away!

FJL

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2005, 05:32:39 AM »

Topic of the day - My favorite piece of jewelry that i own is the ring that my late uncle used to wear.  My aunt gave it to me after my uncle died, and for a while would ask why I'm not wearing it, but I would explain to her that I look at it often and remember my uncle.    (My uncle had been a well-respected rabbi who taught in a local Brooklyn Yeshivah, so at one point my aunt had thought of giving the ring to the Yeshivah, but I'm sure it would have gotten lost there.  This way, the intent is for it to stay in the family.)

Ben

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2005, 05:35:06 AM »

I wear a plain gold wedding band (it was my father's) and when he died I got his wedding ring (my mother had already passed away) and a beautiful radio from the 30s/40s. Those of you who have been to our apartment have seen the radio. I also have a ring which was my great grandfather's (on my father's side). It's a gold band with a platinum top and a very small diamond inside. My father had it (his grandfather gave it to him and apparently caused a small rift between him and his older brother who felt he should have gotten the ring) and gave it to me when I graduated from high school. I wear both of these rings daily. The wedding ring symbolizes my "wedding" to Anthony even though it's not legal or official in many peoples eyes. I also wear a Tigger and Pooh watch. If we are going to a dressy affair I will sometimes change the watch to my silver dress watch. I also have an original Mickey Mouse tie clip from the original Mickey Mouse Club. I got it sometime in the late 50s. I like to wear it and see if people notice.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2005, 05:44:56 AM »

Some interesting things have happened on this day, November the 10th.

For example, on November 10th, 1871, journalist Henry Morton Stanley found missing explorer Dr. David Livingstone near Lake Tanganyika - "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?"  (It would have been embarassing if he'd presumed wrong, of course, but I doubt we'd have heard the story if that were the case.)

Eighty years later, on November 10th, 1951, coast-to-coast direct telephone dialing was introduced.  This meant that anyone could place a call to the other coast without operator assistance.  (Not that this would have helped Mr. Stanley or Dr. Livingstone; I seriously doubt they were still on speaking terms by that time.)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2005, 05:59:15 AM »

TOD:

I also wear nothing in the way of jewelry aside from a watch.  I just never took to it.  I eschewed both high school and college rings because I thought what was the point of getting them if I wasn't going to wear them.

The only jewelry I ever wore for any period of time was a cheap reproduction of Barnabas' ring when I was in grammar school and a silver ankh a girlfriend in college gave me, both long lost.  I do still have a gold initial ring my aunt gave me for my first Communion and my dad's wedding band.

Cologne?  I have a bottle of Gray Flannel that I use once in a while.  I also have a bottle of Hai Karate.  I'm careful how I use it.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2005, 06:01:43 AM »

Good Morning!

Gotta run...

However... No jewelry, although I keep toying with getting my ears piereced.  Well, one of them at least.

As for cologne... I usually buy something nice ($$$) every four to five years, and end up using only four or five times within the intervening four to five years.  So...  Closest thing to a cologne I use right is a small spritz of Aveda's "Pure-fume" scent.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2005, 06:02:53 AM »

DR Ben - Which Jim in Richmond?  Does he run the Mystery Dinner Theatre franchise down there?  If so, I may know him too....

In any case.. Yep, until Feb. 5.  Hope to see you in the stands.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2005, 06:03:28 AM »

And now I must make like a gazelle in a pair of hot pants.... Whatever the heck that means?!?!?

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Ben

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2005, 06:15:23 AM »

Jim Daab and his lovely wife Laura. You know everybody so you probably know Jim too. I sent him an e-mail telling him about Chris Bloch so maybe he can come into DC and see the show also.

MBarnum

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2005, 06:47:18 AM »

I think the only piece of jewelry I own is my watch. It is a Fossil Speedway...at least that is what it says on the face.

I have a tiny sample size bottle of Boss cologne, but I never use it.

Ginny

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2005, 07:30:06 AM »

'morning!  

My "Meet the Grantmaker" event was a huge success last night and I'm rather wiped out today.

Remember late in the summer I was working on a grant proposal?  Well, we received word today that we were NOT selected to be part of the project (the thin envelope always suggests bad news).  Don't get me started on what I think went wrong  :-X >:(
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2005, 07:35:24 AM »

It's Thursday-Friday, Thursday-Friday, Thursday-Friday.

Thursday for TV purposes, but Friday for work purposes.

Last night's "Lost" was a wowzer!

To speculate on where Jack and Kate were, I'd have to say they were doing shifts down in that hole and pushing the button.  Why would they be there?  Because Locke and Hurley and Sayid were up above.

I'm not happy with the person who died.  If I'd had my druthers, I'd rather have had my druthers.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2005, 07:38:20 AM »

I'm at work, so it's Thursday.

It's not a happy Thursday, no.  I don't feel well. If tomorrow were not a holiday (VETERANS DAY), I'd have stayed home.

As it was, I was out of bed just after 5:30 a.m.  I could breathe all right.  But my head ached (sinus headache).  I performed my daily ablutions, dressed and had a leisurely drive in.  It's always great to be on the road when your fellow travelers aren't all driving like they were supposed to be at work 15 minutes ago.

Speaking of fellow travelers, I am honored to be among the lot of you.

We don't all chat individually, and I know I get on some nerves, but hopefully we all get something positive from one another.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2005, 07:41:15 AM »

Good morning all...
Today will be a day in which I will curl up on the couch like so much fish and do some reading.  I'm in the final quarter of War and Peace and I'm determined to get a good chunk read today.  Also, yesterday was an extremely craptastic day, and it usually takes me an entire day to recover from such a craptastic day.  The festivities here, however, raised my spirits considerably.  I was in such a bad mood yesterday that I actually snapped at the poor assistant at work, and then I apologized for being SASSY.  She gave me a hug and forgave me, so that was nice.

Then I got the scary news from a dear friend in DC that another friend of ours is currently in Jordan... this was yesterday afternoon.  So on top of having such a craptastic day, I got that news, and then had to go take a stupid word processing test at a law firm while I still hadn't heard anything about the friend, and I did poorly on the test because I just could not concentrate.  I did manage to pass.  When I got home, however, there was a message on the machine saying that said friend is fine and dandy, had called her mother to report that she was not among the dead and in fact is staying at an unaffected hotel.  Thank God.
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2005, 07:42:20 AM »

For obvious reasons (i.e. allergic sensitivities), I don't wear colognes, although there was a time when I loved colognes.  In truth, I can tolerate light applications...on myself and others.  Unfortunately, I often encounter folks who splash it on!

My favorite cologne of all time:  Nine Flags -- Brazil -- Aromatic Tabac.  It was truly sassy.  I loved smelling it on me.  Others seemed to appreciate it, as well.

I used to wear a gold chain and a gold puzzle ring.  But...they weighed me down.  During a financial drought (just after I retired from the Navy and before I was employed by the County of Alameda), I chose to sell them rather than cash-out anything else.

It worked out well, I don't miss the jewelry.  And besides, why gild the lily?!!!

:D

I wear a watch on rare occasions.  Normally, I trust my inner clock.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2005, 07:50:30 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2005, 07:45:54 AM »

DR Jose:  In your Williamstown experiences, have you ever encountered anyone with the surname "Schumann"?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up