Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE CHEESY NOTES  (Read 18867 times)

Cillaliz

Re:THE CHEESY NOTES
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2005, 12:12:26 PM »

I also like garlic cheese, pepper cheese and herb cheese

Cillaliz

« Reply #61 on: November 19, 2005, 12:13:56 PM »

Not to mention, chedder, baby swiss, grown up swiss, cheese curds, string cheese, mozzarella fresh and regular), farmers, feta, gouda, havarti, provalone.....

Cillaliz

« Reply #62 on: November 19, 2005, 12:14:35 PM »

There there's cream cheese, cottage cheese....

Cillaliz

« Reply #63 on: November 19, 2005, 12:15:11 PM »

It's a page 3 Cheese frenzy dance..........too scary a thought for a picture

MBarnum

« Reply #64 on: November 19, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »

...and now I, also, have a new pet! Believe it or don't, she is a dog! LOL!

Yes, Frida (that is what I am calling her at present...remember how many names I went through for Freddy) is a German Shepard mix (maybe collie or lab)...she is 2 years old, very, very mellow and quite smart.

She and Freddy are even getting along...although Freddy still is somewhat weary...he just wants to make sure that this big creature isn't going to chomp on him or something!

I will post a photo as soon as I can find the thing that connects my camera to the computer! It has been lost for weeks!

Cillaliz

« Reply #65 on: November 19, 2005, 12:16:17 PM »

I'm on my way to the kitchen to see if there's anything I can make some nacho's or something else with cheese out of.....

Cillaliz

« Reply #66 on: November 19, 2005, 12:17:37 PM »

...and now I, also, have a new pet! Believe it or don't, she is a dog! LOL!

Yes, Frida (that is what I am calling her at present...remember how many names I went through for Freddy) is a German Shepard mix (maybe collie or lab)...she is 2 years old, very, very mellow and quite smart.

She and Freddy are even getting along...although Freddy still is somewhat weary...he just wants to make sure that this big creature isn't going to chomp on him or something!

I will post a photo as soon as I can find the thing that connects my camera to the computer! It has been lost for weeks!

CONGRATS!!!!!  Freddy will know how to take care of a dog.  That's great.  

MBarnum

« Reply #67 on: November 19, 2005, 12:19:19 PM »

...what was funny was that Mark and James really wanted Frida (whose name at the HS was Mariah). But then we decided it would be a good idea to visit some other dogs...in the meantime Frida and I really clicked...I was so impressed with her mellowness...and she knew how to obey several commands already. And she reminds me so much of my dog Heidi, which is the pet that I grew up with...and she was a German Shepard mix, also.

Cillaliz

« Reply #68 on: November 19, 2005, 12:19:21 PM »

A mellow two year old.  That's really lucky.  I have always said that shelter pets are the best.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #69 on: November 19, 2005, 12:20:10 PM »

I'm extremely happy for you MBarnum!!!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #70 on: November 19, 2005, 12:25:34 PM »

Cillaliz, thanks for the Titanic info.  It would have been a better ending, not satisfying ;D, just better.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 12:26:27 PM by Jane »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #71 on: November 19, 2005, 12:25:54 PM »

Congratulations on the new family member, Mike!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2005, 12:29:48 PM »

Back for a short time.  Have shaved, will shower, then will be on my way to the Dale of Glen for the signing/reading.

Went to Aron's this morning.  I was told that the day after the announcement (Thursday), the vultures decended on the store, and it looked like it.   There weren't a lot of people this morning.  I picked up an early copy of the new Criterion DVD of Kurosawa's Ran - there was an empty space next to it, so I presume they had Shoot The Piano Player, which comes out the same day.  I also bought a few cast albums I hadn't gotten around to buying - all 20% off the already 15 to 20% discount.  Got Kean, Parade, Bravo Giovanni and a couple of others.

Jane

« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2005, 12:30:05 PM »

MBarnum congratulations on the new addition to your family.  While the names Frida and Freddy are cute names together, they can be confusing to both you and the pets. ;D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 12:35:02 PM by Jane »

Tomovoz

« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2005, 12:30:20 PM »

Congratulations to Frida on her adopting of a new person.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #75 on: November 19, 2005, 12:32:14 PM »

I’m allergic to a number of cheeses which is limiting & not much fun.  Lately I find I can finally eat parmesan cheese, still can’t breath it, but eating it is okay.  

Now I can add a very aged parmesan cheese to my list of favorites.  Bryan always tells me which ones to buy. My very favorite cheeses are havarti, jack, Colby jack and Cotswold cheese from England.

I like hoop cheese for my blintzes.  When I can’t find that I will get farmers cheese.  Both should be more like the texture of cottage cheese, not cream cheese.  Since we have lived here I haven’t found either cheese. :(

Jane

« Reply #76 on: November 19, 2005, 12:33:12 PM »

Bruce, good vibes for your reading/signing today.

Jane

« Reply #77 on: November 19, 2005, 12:34:14 PM »

A mellow two year old.  That's really lucky.  I have always said that shelter pets are the best.  

Let's wait to see if she stays mellow. ;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2005, 12:37:34 PM »

Even though it's not "cool," I like American cheese on sandwiches.  I love Colby cheese and Edam and Brie.  Meunster and Jack have always been favorites - Meunster and Jack - sounds like a vaudeville team.  There are occasions when I like Swiss Cheese.  I like Bleu cheese in salads.  Don't like Goat or Feta cheese - they skeeve me.

MBarnum

« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2005, 12:46:08 PM »

MBarnum congratulations on the new addition to your family.  While the names Frida and Freddy are cute names together, they can be confusing to both you and the pets. ;D

That had crossed my mind. She just looks like a Frida, but I am worried that when I call one name, the other animal may think I am calling them. Mark was calling her Ethel, which I considered for a time...and it went quite will with Freddy (Fred and Ethel), but something German seemed more appropriate. I will have to look for some other Gemanic sounding names...my sister suggested Gretchen...but I didn't like that one. Brunhilde was too long, and Hilda...well, she just don't look like a Hilda....we may go through several names for awhile...mostly I just call her girl or pumpkin! LOL!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2005, 12:50:47 PM »

Td thanks for the 3D link.

Ron-LOL.  So what is the alternate ending for Titanic?  

SPOILER

SPOILER

It ends pretty much in the same way, except instead of Rose throwing the "Heart of the Ocean" pendant overboard all by herself, there is an alternate scene in which she  shows it to the men to whom she has told her story.  There's a lot of talk, and she allows Bill Paxton to hold it in his palm one time before she throws it into the ocean.  The purpose of the scene, I think, was for her to be able to prove to the men on the ship that she had been telling them the truth.  

P.S.  Cillaliz told it better.  I like the ending they used, but the alternate did offer more emotional depth for the characters, especially Paxton's.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 12:55:32 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2005, 12:54:08 PM »

Thanks Ron.

MBarnum, yep girl and pumpkin sound German.
Craig's cat has a Romanian name and two English names, yet he simply calls her Kitty.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #82 on: November 19, 2005, 12:54:39 PM »

Cheese:

Sharp cheddars
Smoked mozzarella
Smoked gouda
Regular mozzarella
Italian parmesan

...and various others...
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #83 on: November 19, 2005, 01:04:35 PM »

Another name I had tossed around was Hildy, short for Brunhilde...I kind of like that...and it is easy to say and it seems to fit her. I will mull that one around.

Freddy and Hildy..sounds good!

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2005, 01:06:29 PM »

TOD: I like most any cheese when it is melted on something...but am partial to swiss or mozzarella.

I don't usually care for cheese on sandwiches, unless it is melted on a hot sandwich.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: November 19, 2005, 01:08:17 PM »

It's a bit like Heidi-cute.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #86 on: November 19, 2005, 01:08:39 PM »

I feel sure there will be directions for when to put on the 3-D glasses before the MEDIUM episode starts on Monday night since the entire episode won't be in 3-D.

I can't believe they'd expect John Q. Public to figure it out without instructions.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #87 on: November 19, 2005, 01:12:04 PM »

While I was preparing lunch, I put in LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME which I hadn't watched in several months. It certainly looks and sounds wonderful. I got up to "Shakin' the Blues Away" before I shut it down and continued with IT'S MY PARTY.

Matt H.

« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2005, 01:13:02 PM »

Bellowed pretty much throughout the last half of IT'S MY PARTY. Having lost several friends to AIDS, watching this film is a very emotional experience for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #89 on: November 19, 2005, 01:14:17 PM »

Then I watched Thursday night's REUNION. I am SO glad that I stuck with the show. The individual stories are very interesting, and there's still a long way to go to get to some concrete clues as to the identity of the murderer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up