Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FULL SPEED AHEAD  (Read 23957 times)

Ben

Re:FULL SPEED AHEAD
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2005, 10:55:47 AM »

Welcome to Page 4

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2005, 11:03:53 AM »

There is a layer of fog still hovering around us here in Oakland this morning.  It's a sight similar to one you would see if there was a huge fire burning somewhere...but fortunately, we have none in our neck of California.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2005, 11:06:47 AM »

Not only Brittany but her husband, the talentless, scumbag, I'll leave my wife for you while she's pregnant with our child, Kevin Federline!

Alright, I'll stop now.

DRBen, don't hold back!  Tell us how you feel.  Do I sense some hostility here?

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2005, 11:10:38 AM »

Well, DRGinny beat me to the punch!  

I ended up with a bit more Mario Frangoulis work.  Almost finished, and then a trip to Toyland.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2005, 11:10:49 AM »

DATIN' OHIO - a new musical comedy about someone who ends up dating everyone in an Ohio town.

DR elmore - didn't we know the main character?  You should collaborate with FJL on this one!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

td

• td
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2005, 11:17:03 AM »

I know that my first traveling was at thirteen months old - I went to Disneyland.  I've seen the home movies, but, there is no physical proof that the child in the stroller is me. . . .

Later, I recall going to Annopolis, Newport News and Baltimore before my 8th birthday.  I know this because I learned to play pinochole when I was 8 and I was in Annopolis at the time.

Part of being in Newport News, we took a tour of the battleship Intrepid, which my uncle, the colonel, had duty on.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jason

« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2005, 11:19:35 AM »

Today is Oprah's Favorites on the Oprah Show. I'm curious to know if she'll fly everyone to NYC to see a performance of THE COLOR PURPLE. It IS her favorite Broadway show, after all...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2005, 11:31:54 AM »

You set great store by Oprah...huh, Jason?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2005, 11:41:29 AM »

DR elmore - didn't we know the main character?  You should collaborate with FJL on this one!

Are you calling me a tramp?

Ben

« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2005, 11:41:35 AM »

I was going to mention this earlier but forgot. It's Joy's question from yesterday regarding height.

I always had my height listed on my resume. Those who have met me know I'm short but, nonetheless, I listed the correct numbers. What was the point of inflating it even an inch or two? I know that I lost some roles because of my height (you were good but we need someone taller) and I never had enough Michael J. Fox or Tom Cruise or Alan Ladd clout to get past that seeming deficiency. I don't know why an actor would seem to be upset at being asked his height. I know that many actors (male and female) don't want to list or be asked their ages because even if you don't remotely look your age, if that number is uttered, then somehow you've crossed a line and you may not be cast. But height is pretty obvious.

It's kind of rambling but that's my thought on the question

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2005, 11:43:12 AM »

Are you calling me a tramp?

Never, dear elmore  :-*!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jason

« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2005, 11:53:13 AM »

You set great store by Oprah...huh, Jason?

I just think she's an interesting lady. And I like that she's generous and appreciative of the blessings she's received. I could certainly learn a thing or two from her example.

I always get a kick out of her "Favorites" show and, I won't lie, I'd really like to be an audience member when she gives out the free stuff. Especially the cars.

But I don't put her on a pedestal, if that's what you're wondering.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 11:56:57 AM by Jason »

Tomovoz

« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2005, 12:14:25 PM »

DP Colin and have watched "A Very Long Engagement" this week - movie end extras.
Other than "LOTR", I can think of no other film that has impressed me so much in the last decade!

My favourite films from the last decade would also include "The Chorus", "Motorcycle Diaries", "Russian Ark", "Travelling Birds", "Spirited Away", "Norsica of the Valley Of The Winds", "The Triplets of Belville" and
"Secrets and Lies".

MMMMMMMMMMMMMM  I remember when the USA used to produce wonderful films!!

"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2005, 12:36:05 PM »

Yes, American movies are something else indeed (although BECAUSE OF WINN DIXE sure was fun!!).

Now Indian films...well, that is another story...and today is the birthday of my FAVORITE vintage era Bollywood actress...she started in films as a specialty dancer in the mid-1950s and quickly made a career of playing vamps, modern gals, criminals types, and on occasion she was the leading lady...she still shows up in movies now and then.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BOLLYWOOD FAVORITE  HELEN
[/move]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 12:40:41 PM by MBarnum »

Tomovoz

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2005, 12:44:26 PM »

To add a few more movies to my list - movies I have watched more than once!
"Finding Neverland", "Gosford Park", "K-Pax" and "The Shipping News".  And of course the Harry Potter films.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2005, 12:45:13 PM »

Good to see your post now works DR MBarnum.
James Thurber 1957

MBarnum

« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2005, 12:47:31 PM »

Ya, I  was having some editing problems there! LOL!

MBarnum

« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2005, 12:48:45 PM »

Here is a pre-new page dance.

HELEN in the 1965 murder mystery TEESRI MANZIL!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2005, 12:49:15 PM »

Done the rest of my errands and now shall make ready to go to rehearsal.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2005, 12:52:15 PM »

Good afternoon, fellow Dear Readers.

TOD: I know we went to Disneyland when I was about six years old, but I only remember that we stayed in the Rip Van Winkle motel. And I remember driving over there at night through the desert, since cars had no AC then.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2005, 12:52:52 PM »

I'll be interested to see what DR Sandra posts as her first memory of traveling.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2005, 12:54:02 PM »

The earliest trips I remember were to this park in Alexandria called Cameron Station.  I think it was on a military base at the time and I THINK it's nothing but a military base now.  My grandfather and I would go feed the ducks and play on the playground and then he'd take me to McDonalds.  Ah, brand imprintation.  :)
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2005, 12:54:20 PM »

TEESRI MANZIL is wonderful  Happy Birthday to Helen!  May we never see her without makeup!

DR RLP - anticipation is not the same thing as expectation.  I am still breathing normally.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2005, 12:55:07 PM »

I'm going to ask this again just in case it was missed yesterday:  

Does anyone have the beginning of this season's Lost on video or DVD that they could loan me?  I want to catch up so I can watch this season "live"... or whatever you wanna call it... ;)
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2005, 12:55:16 PM »

I ordered STATE FAIR on DVD with the DDD discount, so like DR RLP, I expect to see the order sometime in December.  Since the discount couldn't be used on pre-orders, I couldn't buy it until last Tuesday!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 12:55:33 PM by JRand55 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2005, 01:00:29 PM »

DR Joy, I didn't save the LOST episodes so far. But I would suggest taping the upcoming ones (so when you get the first ones you'll have these).  Plus i'm guessing that during the holidays they will be repeating many of the shows. And we can tell you which ones they are showing.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2005, 01:12:21 PM »

MattH, I forgot to mention, last night my next door neighbor came over with the package you sent to me.  

The mailman has misdelivered it, and he was away so he he only got it last night when he came home.  By time he dropped it off it was after 9 and I was just about ready fpr bed after this weekend, so I am going to try to watch it before tonight's Medium.  We're not really sure when it was delivered because he was away for several days.  He hadn't told me he was goingto be away or I would have picked up his mail for him! Ah well!

Thank you so much and I can't wait to see it!

I'm just glad you got it. I'll be interested to read how the high definition widescreen MEDIUM that I recorded for you shows up on your TV. There should be gray bars across the top and bottom of the image, but you'll be seeing the widescreen image from the HDTV broadcast, just with standard resolution since my DVD recorder can only record in standard resolution.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2005, 01:19:32 PM »

I was going to say, DR Vixmom, the Riverview Inn which is on Lake Wylie, has a pirate motif, and is a fish camp known far and wide for its food.

But, since you're talking about Charleston, that's another matter altogether.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2005, 01:20:27 PM »

Speaking of Medium, while walking through Times Square with the charming Michael Shayne we were met by persons handing out Medium 3-D glasses
I grabbed a couple of extras for tonight.  We were joking that we would have to express mail a pair to Jane so she and Keith could watch at the sme time!  

I doubt we will watch it tonight-too late for us.  ;D

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2005, 01:22:41 PM »

Last night I had a terrible headache and couldn’t sleep so I read REWIND.  I should have found a boring book to read then I might have fallen to sleep sooner.  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up