Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: FULL SPEED AHEAD  (Read 23896 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:FULL SPEED AHEAD
« Reply #210 on: November 21, 2005, 08:35:54 PM »

Speaking of screensavers... and pets...

They're not free, but they're darn cute!  And a great way to clean your computer screen!  ;)

www.theslurps.com

*To view the demos, just move your mouse/cursor over one of the sample screens and leave it there for a few seconds.
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #211 on: November 21, 2005, 08:56:55 PM »

Guess I'm go0ing to head downstairs now and get ready for bed.

Good night, all.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jed

« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2005, 10:24:44 PM »

Goodness, what an unseemly lull.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #213 on: November 21, 2005, 10:27:22 PM »

Just us North Westerners here!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 10:27:47 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #214 on: November 21, 2005, 10:27:27 PM »

I know I made a roadtrip to Texas with my mother and uncle when I was just 1-1/2 years old or so, but of course only know it's  true due to photos.  Earliest trips I do remember would be visiting my aunt's house in Seattle, and every couple years making the trek down to DR Jane's neck of the woods to visit my great-grandparents in Jacksonville, Oregon.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #215 on: November 21, 2005, 10:31:36 PM »

We did not have a car when I was pre School age.  I do remember going for trips with family friends - back in the days when cars had running boards and after a journey of an hour or so it was time to stop and have a cup of tea!  I suffered from travel sickness and hated going on winding roads!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #216 on: November 21, 2005, 11:04:38 PM »

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who found SHAUN OF THE DEAD to be so funny. . . .

I saw it earlier this year and thought it was hysterical!  I almost bought it but I changed my mind at the last minute.  There's always Netflix if I want to watch it again.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: November 21, 2005, 11:07:37 PM »

Back from a very long rehearsal, but got the second number finished.  Must now relax a bit before starting on the notes.

George

« Reply #218 on: November 21, 2005, 11:22:16 PM »

Well, I'll have to say that MEDIUM was a lot of fun. The first two 3-D effects were the most effective, I thought, but all were fun.

In a way, I just wish the whole show had been 3-D since putting on and taking off the glasses was a slight inconvenience.

Don't know how the effects looked for others, but in high definition and with a widescreen, quite a few objects did really come jutting right out into my face. Probably the most effective home 3-D I've ever experienced.

I didn't get the official TV Guide 3-D glasses, but my sister and niece had them...actually, I got the glasses for them after going to three different grocery stores.  The first two stores were out of the TV Guides altogether and at the third, I picked up a copy that didn't have the glasses!  They were stolen!  How rude! :P

I have a pair of the red-blue glasses that I've had for several years and they were good enough for me.  The 3-D technology that uses the clear/dark glasses is much better, but I had heard that it's more expensive to produce.  Oh, well.

The episode itself was very good.  I had no idea where it was going until they spelled it out.  For a while, I thought that the episode was going to go in a certain direction (plot-wise), but it didn't.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #219 on: November 21, 2005, 11:31:32 PM »

As for family vacations (the official Topic of the Day), I don't really remember us going any places until after we moved to Washington in 1976 (I was 10 years old, by then), but I also can't specifically remember what our first trip might have been.  When we moved here, we went trailer camping quite a bit...at the beach, in state parks, but not "real" camping.  If it didn't have a bathroom and easy access to stores, we didn't go.  We didn't know how to do it and my sister and I, at our young ages (then), didn't want to.  So we didn't.  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up