Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLURBS  (Read 28072 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:THE BLURBS
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2003, 12:19:06 PM »

LOL DR Ben!

Tom from OZ - there can't be many tracks on that Connie Stevens LP.  The one I want and can't find....if it ever existed....is the Susan Slade soundtrack.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2003, 12:19:53 PM »

Ben--thanks for the link!  A Chita one-woman show sounds very, very cool.  But I guess Rita won't make a guest appearance.....

Hopefully all the HHW ladies (myself included) will be one of these:

MBarnum

« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2003, 12:20:41 PM »

Wow, thanks for the reminder about Survivor..I didn't remember that it was on Wednesday and I would have missed it!!! Yikes! I would rather cut off my right arm! Ha!

I will sort of miss Rupert by the way. I already miss Ryan (Ryno). My hope is that Burton keeps his word and takes Lil as far as possible.

Why did Sandra vote for John anyhow? That messed things up for her team didn't it? Hmmm. She must have really been mad at him (and who can blamer her).

Tomovoz

« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2003, 12:21:09 PM »

Re "The Blurbs": Has the talented Mr GH agreed to record "Pocket Full Of Miracles" and other songs for a CD to accompany the third novel?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Andrea

« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2003, 12:22:48 PM »

And DR Andrea: We don't know his real name!

I like CYGOPP. I just can't remember what it means!

Actually, I have mentioned it once or twice, but Emily overrulled with CYGOPP... The real name is Seth.

Tomovoz

« Reply #125 on: November 25, 2003, 12:26:04 PM »

Jack: 14 tracks: It really should have been a one track album with "Sixteen Reasons" though I do remember "Little Miss Understood" and "Apollo" being given airplay.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2003, 12:29:11 PM »

George, right clicking the red X didn't do anything. I saw a message saying it was downloading something but nothing appeared. Oh, well. Don't worry about it. Just wondered what it was.

Jennifer, I don't think we go to the home page to see who's on, it's just that the information is available when you first go to the home page after reading the notes. I don't switch back and forth from page 5 of the notes (for example) to the home page I just go up to to see who's snoopin' around these here parts. Like right now we have  Tom from OZ, Andrea, TCB, MBarnum, Emily, JRand53, Joy, and me!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2003, 12:30:34 PM »

I am not lurking about!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2003, 12:30:39 PM »

Now Laura II has joined us. Gosh, it feels awful Big Brother-like right now. We can report on each other. It's like the Secret Police. You don't know who's an informant!

Ben

« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2003, 12:31:10 PM »

TCB, I wouldn't accuse you of lurking! Picking a pocket or two maybe, but not lurking.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2003, 12:36:38 PM »

TCB, I wouldn't accuse you of lurking! Picking a pocket or two maybe, but not lurking.

Yes, and from time to time a Peeping Tom.  What was your address again?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2003, 12:37:29 PM »

LOL Tom from OZ.  I liked the lullaby she sang in Susan Slade to her little "brother" who actually her son!

Oh, dear....another celebrity arrest.  Rhinestone Cowboy Glen Campbell in custody for drunken driving and a hit and run accident....not a pedestrian....a car!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2003, 12:38:23 PM »

I wondered whose hand was in my pocket.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2003, 12:41:52 PM »

Didn't Glen sing "I Will Never Pass this Way Again"?
James Thurber 1957

Ben

« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2003, 12:43:24 PM »

TCB said:

"Yes, and from time to time a Peeping Tom.  What was your address again?"

Hmm, a genial, friendly, Santa-like character asks for my address. Should I give it to him or be suspicious???

Ben

« Reply #135 on: November 25, 2003, 12:44:22 PM »

70 (counting this one)! Ain't gonna happen tonight. I'm seeing Sex on Toast Hugh Jackman.

Tomovoz

« Reply #136 on: November 25, 2003, 12:51:02 PM »

Live dangerously Ben. The guy probably wants your stockings.And remember Mr Jackman is typical of the Australian male. (with the exception of Dame Edna's son Kenny).
James Thurber 1957

William E. Lurie

« Reply #137 on: November 25, 2003, 12:53:44 PM »

Isn't "The Best of Connie Stevens" an oxymoron?
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Tomovoz

« Reply #138 on: November 25, 2003, 12:59:20 PM »

Hence my one track comment WEL. Her only "hit" was "Sixteen Reasons". There are another 13 reasons on the album for giving it another title!
I don't have the "BEST OF ED BYRNES" but I do have "Kookie Lend Me Your Comb" (with Connie)and "Like I Love You". WB had such a stable of talented singers. Tab Hunter too.
James Thurber 1957

Laura II

« Reply #139 on: November 25, 2003, 01:04:07 PM »

Ben is right: I am here. I just had to read all of the posts before I could post. :)

Congrats to Juliana! I think the tour is in Cincinnati now.  (Correct me if I'm wrong.) Like Sarah, I remember Juliana telling me that she'll be playing Millie somewhere else, but I know it wasn't the Thanksgiving performance that she mentioned.

Danger: I don't think I've ever been in much danger. I'm pretty wary of doing things alone, and so far, nothing's happened if I've been out late with others. I'm scared pretty easily, though. For instance, a few days before my birthday this year, someone came to my house at around 11:15 PM and at midnight to ring my doorbell, set off firecrackers on our porch, and run away. I was so scared. Being dramatic, I said to my mom, "AAH! Someone's out to get me! They want me dead!" Looking back, I have to laugh at myself. Still, I can hardly go through the foyer without looking out the windows onto the porch before I go to bed.
I also have a story like Sarah does about being chased. During a choir trip to Myrtle Beach when I was in 10th grade, a few of us took a sick friend to the golf course a few blocks away from our hotel. (We had been told to go to the one right across the street in case she needed medicine. We were breaking the rules and living dangerously...um right :).) After we played, we walked back to the hotel. All of a sudden, one of the girls in our group whispered, "Don't turn around!" through clenched teeth. Two men were following us. We sped up and ran into a Friendly's right next to the hotel, where we ate ice cream and forgot about the scary guys.
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2003, 01:11:10 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]This just in from an interview on BroadwayWorld.com with Christiane Noll...[/move]

PB: You are having too much fun with this! (Laughing). Any new CD’s or projects you’re working on.

CN: As we talked about, they’re hoping to do a cast recording of the New Moon. The piece is about 100 years old but there are no good recordings of it. So I hope that this happens. Solo venture? I’ve been talking to Bruce Kimmel the producer from my "Broadway Love Stories", and Gershwin album. He wants to get his hand back in the recording industry, so we’re batting ideas around again.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2003, 01:11:18 PM »

Yes, Mr. Haines will be singing Pocketful of Miracles and other excellent songs.

Jennifer

« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2003, 01:12:36 PM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]SURVIVOR ALERT[/move]
Wow, thanks for the reminder about Survivor..I didn't remember that it was on Wednesday and I would have missed it!!! Yikes! I would rather cut off my right arm! Ha!

I will sort of miss Rupert by the way. I already miss Ryan (Ryno). My hope is that Burton keeps his word and takes Lil as far as possible.

Why did Sandra vote for John anyhow? That messed things up for her team didn't it? Hmmm. She must have really been mad at him (and who can blamer her).

I would bet money that Burton and Lil will stay strong as far as they can. Although I wonder if things might turn out so that either Burton has to side with John or Lil with the women.

As for Sandra, my best guess is either a) that she didn't realize hers could be the deciding vote or b) she's an idiot.

I mean Rupert thought that he had himself, Lil, Sandra, and Crista. He was not sure if Burton, and John had switched with Darrah and Tijuana. If that had been true, then Sandra's vote would have cost him the tie. Sandra could not have known that Lil was siding with B, J, T and D.  And I doubt she would have purposely cost Rupert the tie. She must have thought Burton and John would vote with Rupert, Crista, Rupert and Lill. And I guess she hated John enough and wanted to give him the vote.

She obviously did not think it out. And it would have been very funny if SHE had sent Rupert packing because of her own stupidity.

Tomovoz

« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2003, 01:17:04 PM »

A slow news day in OZ. Glen Campbell even made it to the news here. He does travel futher than to Phoenix it seems.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2003, 01:18:27 PM »

Thanks BK. I look forward to hearing those in the new year. Mr Haines has quite a following.
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2003, 01:22:53 PM »

I also have a story like Sarah does about being chased. During a choir trip to Myrtle Beach when I was in 10th grade, a few of us took a sick friend to the golf course a few blocks away from our hotel. (We had been told to go to the one right across the street in case she needed medicine.

'Cause everyone knows a golf course can save one's life.  (????????)  And do golf courses at Myrtle Beach carry medicine?????

We were breaking the rules and living dangerously...um right :).) After we played, we walked back to the hotel. All of a sudden, one of the girls in our group whispered, "Don't turn around!" through clenched teeth. Two men were following us. We sped up and ran into a Friendly's right next to the hotel, where we ate ice cream and forgot about the scary guys.

I guess you had to be there.  But guys following girls at Myrtle Beach is ... like...normal.  
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 01:25:27 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2003, 01:23:15 PM »

DR Swishyness Supreme..

Now you know what I was having to work on during this past weekend's chat on Sunday...  It's a secret nevermore (oh, a Poe reference)

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2003, 01:23:36 PM »

I heard about Glen Campbell on the way to work this morning.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2003, 01:24:25 PM »

Also on the news was a Mayflower moving van had overturned on I-580 and burst into flames.  All traffic going across the Bay Bridge was stopped.  And folks could see furniture in the van....burning to cinders.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2003, 01:26:10 PM »

I'm not sure Rosie O'Donnell wouold be a box-office lure any more. She's gotten so much bad press since her feel-good chat show went off the air that I doubt her being in TABOO would impact it at all. I could be wrong, but it's just a gut feeling I have.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12   Go Up