Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLURBS  (Read 27742 times)

Jennifer

Re:THE BLURBS
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2003, 10:36:57 AM »

Quote from: Jennifer on Yesterday at 08:33:49pm
What is CYGOPP again?

DR Emily answered:
Jenn, it's "CERTAIN YOUNG GENTLEMAN OF POLITICAL POWER"

write it on a post it or something and stick it to the side of your computer monitor

Okay I wrote it down. For some reason I cannot remember it. Maybe I should store it in my HHW email!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2003, 10:36:59 AM »

Nine guests...at least it's not 13!  DR MBARNUM, I sent that book a year ago!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2003, 10:44:35 AM »

Don't forget everyone that tonight is the American Idol Christmas Spectacular (8pm on FOX) with Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken and a special performance by CANADIAN IDOL Ryan Malcolm.   The Cdn Idol is so awful! I can not wait!  :)

I guess tonight is going to be one of those rare nights that I am truly grateful that I have rehearsal!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #63 on: November 25, 2003, 10:53:33 AM »

The blurbs are wonderful. I'm glad to have a sneak glance at one part of Kritzer Time.

Well, my saga with Time-Warner Cable seems to be over. It took most of my lunch hour and some vocal explosions on my part. I'm so glad I have a calmer side. His name is Anthony. At one point he took over and was able to deal with the "customer service" agent. As far as we know, the problems with my bill and the abysmal level of customer service have been dealt with and I should be receiving a free month of cable service and an offical letter acknowledging the dreadful level of service over the past month. I know there are worse problems in the world (like that war over in Iraq) but at least in my little corner of the world things will move a little bit more smoothly.

Ben

« Reply #64 on: November 25, 2003, 10:55:14 AM »

Jennifer, you got me beat girl!!! You will be a goddess before I attain God-like status.

I'm seeing The Boy from Oz tonight with friends. Looking forward to it after my lunch hour this afternoon.

I need to listen to my Nancy LaMott Christmas CD (Just in Time for Christmas) to calm down.

Ben

« Reply #65 on: November 25, 2003, 10:56:52 AM »

Even if the show is awful, Hugh Jackman is "sex on toast" as a friend said. We've got good orchestra seats but we will still be using those binoculars. Eye candy, what would we do without it?      ;)

Ben

« Reply #66 on: November 25, 2003, 10:58:04 AM »

And we still have seven guests. Jennifer has left us though so I can talk about her while she's not here (just kidding).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2003, 10:58:13 AM »

I don't think that I've ever been in a real dangerous situation, other than an earthquake here in Washington a couple of years ago.  That was pretty scary as it was happening, but as soon as it was over, and no one was hurt, I thought that it was a pretty cool experience.  I had only felt one small earthquake before, and not one since then.

BK, the blurbs are totally Blurb-a-licious! They do seem heartfelt and sincere...and they're not the kind of blurbs that make you question if the blurbers actually read the book.  I've read a few of those.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 10:59:58 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2003, 11:00:25 AM »

I'm sitting here thinking that tomorrow is the last day of the workweek.  That is such a nice thought.

Ben

« Reply #69 on: November 25, 2003, 11:01:51 AM »

I won't be in town this weekend but I hope to see Wonderful Town next week when we are back in the city. It's not selling well so maybe I can see it for free (bad for the producers, but good for me). I will be seeing The Caretaker on December 3rd (Patrick Stewart and Kyle MacLachlan at Roundabout). It got mixed reviews but it's part of my subscription, which I continued only so I would be guaranteed a ticket for Assassins this spring.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: November 25, 2003, 11:01:59 AM »

Quote from: Jennifer on Yesterday at 08:33:49pm  

DR Emily answered:

Okay I wrote it down. For some reason I cannot remember it. Maybe I should store it in my HHW email!

Jennifer:  You don't have to store it in your HHW mail.  If you ever forget again, just go to Search, type in those initials, and it should bring it up.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ben

« Reply #71 on: November 25, 2003, 11:03:21 AM »

Can you tell that I've finished my report and I have little I want to do. I have some things to do, but the key word in the last sentence was "want". I must finish up loose ends and prepare my workplace for my departure.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2003, 11:03:24 AM »

As to my "danger" situations, they're all in Kritzer Time.

Last night I was looking at collector cars on eBay, just for fun.  I've never even glanced at that category before and it's fascinating.  For example, you can get a Porsche 914 (a car I REALLY wanted in the early 70s) in primo shape for around $5,000.  On the other hand a Mercedes SL class from 1968 (one of the most beautiful sporty cars ever made) will cost you close to 20K in primo condition.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2003, 11:03:53 AM »

Re: Trista's wedding...."Trista"?

Trista?

Is that a NAME?  Sounds like a cracker!

I avoid like the plague all the pretentious names foisted upon the public.

I would not only NOT watch Trista get married, but I would never "say" the word "Trista" out loud....

:)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2003, 11:05:29 AM »

Now we have five guests but ten users.  People come, people go, like Grand Hotel.

Ben

« Reply #75 on: November 25, 2003, 11:09:43 AM »

Emily, the ad is now gone but a few minutes ago, there was an advert (how English of me) for a Simon Cowell American Idol talking BobbleHead doll. If this link works, you can go there and download a demo. It's an EXTRMEMLY LARGE file, almost 3.50 megabytes so if you have dial-up, skip it.

http://www.ringsidecollectibles.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=SM-01&Category_Code=

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: November 25, 2003, 11:10:19 AM »

BK, where can you see that there are guests?

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #77 on: November 25, 2003, 11:10:53 AM »

If people are tired of regular names, they should at least use names that make sense, like Triscuit, Necco and Nilla!

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: November 25, 2003, 11:11:15 AM »

NY Times article on Donna Murphy and the Wonderful Town afterparty.

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/11/25/nyregion/25BOLD.html

William E. Lurie

« Reply #79 on: November 25, 2003, 11:11:54 AM »

Ben - I've never had any trouble with Time-Warner Cable which is more than I can say about cable companies I have dealt with in other parts of the country.  They are a little high priced but they do offer a great selection of channels.  One reason I won't switch to sattelite is New York 1.

BK - Do we get a lot of "guests" all the time?  Are there more "guests" than there used to be "lurkers".  I know there are some people --- including a popular newspaper and internet columnist --- who read these here notes and posts on a regular basis but would never consider posting.  Over the two years that you have been doing this I have received at least half a dozen e-mails regarding something I posted from people who admitted they read but never posted.  I'm sure they are among the "guests" who won't bother to register because (they think) they have nothing to say.
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #80 on: November 25, 2003, 11:12:06 AM »

Shasta (and yes, I've known someone named "Shasta"), T-Ball or Q-Tip for the rappers!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #81 on: November 25, 2003, 11:13:53 AM »

Of course, nowadays we get a lot of young people with three names....Robert Sean Leonard is one of them.  

And then there's Siegfried And Roy!  (What?  Whaddaya mean they're two people?)

But none of them have the allure or majesty of a Vera Hruba Ralston!  

Not even Tiffany-Amber Thiessen (for yak's sake)!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 11:17:35 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Ben

« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2003, 11:14:14 AM »

"It hasta be shasta"

Jennifer, if you click "Home" at the top of the page and then scroll down to the bottom, you will see a list of who is on as well as the number of guests. It lists "Guests" and since they are not registered, we can't see their names, and the "Registered Users", meanin' us folk.

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: November 25, 2003, 11:14:32 AM »

What a great idea for Rosie to save TABOO:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11252003/gossip/43091.htm

MBarnum

« Reply #84 on: November 25, 2003, 11:15:07 AM »

LOL JRand53! I know. You sent me both Frances Farmer books long, long ago. It has only been recently that I have started taking books to the gym as it has only been recently that I have been doing cardio whilst at the gym (it is hard to read a book while doing the other work-outs). So after reading Benjamin Kritzer and then Gloria Stuart's bio I thought it was high time that I dusted off one of the Frances Farmer books. I can't recall which one I popped into the gym bag though. Is one better then the other?

Ben

« Reply #85 on: November 25, 2003, 11:16:07 AM »

I don't see Shasta soda pop in NYC. I began saying soda when I lived in Minnesota because I thought "pop" sounded so provincial. At gatherings my family would ask "do you want some pop?" and I would say "No, but do you have any soda?" Ya hadda be there.

Ben

« Reply #86 on: November 25, 2003, 11:18:34 AM »

Yes, Jen. It's also at Playbill On-Line (the article about Rosie stepping in for a cast member about to take maternity leave). ROD's spokesperson denies the rumor saying Rosie is on vacation with her family.

Now, Miss Jennifer, not to bring up a sore point, but could you please refrain from posting for say, a week or so???    ;)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 11:19:04 AM by Ben »

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: November 25, 2003, 11:18:58 AM »

Jennifer, you got me beat girl!!! You will be a goddess before I attain God-like status.

Yes, I am aiming for today. Okay well maybe tomorrow.

But I think HHW will probably only be gods too.  Cause DR Mark probably doesn't care.  Hmmm maybe I can get DR Maya to speak to him :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #88 on: November 25, 2003, 11:18:59 AM »

LOL read WILL THERE REALLY BE A MORNING? first, if you can.  But it doesn't really matter.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #89 on: November 25, 2003, 11:21:34 AM »

Jennifer, your name backwards is Refinnej (pronounced refiineg with a soft "g" I assume)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12   Go Up