Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLURBS  (Read 28149 times)

Ron Pulliam

Re:THE BLURBS
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2003, 11:24:10 AM »

You should really aspire to being a god, Jennifer.

"Goddess" is so sexist.  

It's like adding "ette" to a word, and then it's described as a "diminutive."

God has no gender; it's all-inclusive.  Goddess is feminine, and, in today's PC world, a diminutive, as well.

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2003, 11:24:26 AM »

Jennifer:  You don't have to store it in your HHW mail.  If you ever forget again, just go to Search, type in those initials, and it should bring it up.

Thanks for telling me that. I had never tried that feature.

I tried it just now to see how it would work. And it actually brought up a lot of posts (since DR Emily constantly refers to him by those initials). The only problem is that she never says what they stand for (except the two times I've asked) :)

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2003, 11:24:52 AM »

Ben--Do you have a date planned for seeing Wonderful Town?  I'm seeing the Nov. 29th matinee.  

Gee, I wonder if ticket sales will pick up now that it's gotten raves....

Jennifer--Thanks for the link!  ;D  And in response to your last comment... :P

Jennifer

« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2003, 11:26:08 AM »

You should really aspire to being a god, Jennifer.

"Goddess" is so sexist.  

It's like adding "ette" to a word, and then it's described as a "diminutive."

God has no gender; it's all-inclusive.  Goddess is feminine, and, in today's PC world, a diminutive, as well.

But I love the term goddess, I can't help that!

That's what I want to be. :)

Ben

« Reply #94 on: November 25, 2003, 11:26:40 AM »

I've gone over the edge, spelling and pronouncing people's names backwards. I am entering my Benjamin Kritzer phase (as opposed to my Ben McLaughlin phase)

35dnaRJ (35 d narg)

MunrabM (munrab m)

Maill up Nor (self explanatory)

KB (too easy)

Lemmik Ecurb (first name easy last name e curb)

Innap (in nap that's what I do when I'm tired)

OK, gotta stop!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 11:28:59 AM by Ben »

Jennifer

« Reply #95 on: November 25, 2003, 11:27:30 AM »

Jennifer--Thanks for the link!  ;D  And in response to your last comment... :P

Yes but you must admit you have a much better chance of getting this done than I do :)

Ben

« Reply #96 on: November 25, 2003, 11:28:44 AM »

Maya, I won't be seeing it on the 29th. We will still be on Long Island. We're coming back to the city on December 2nd.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2003, 11:31:12 AM »

Wonderful blurbs, BK. Congratulations.

I was in many dangerous situations as a child in Hungary. We tried to escape, were shot at by the Russians, captured, put in jail. all that fun stuff. That was AFTER our apartment buidling was set on fire and we had to escape to another building through crossfire with bodies falling left and right. (They didn't let us into that building, BTW.) Well, I could go on and on, but I won't.
To be in danger as a child is, I think, the worst possible experience, because you're so helpless. As an adult, you can act, react. As a child, things just happen to you and the adults are always in control. That does tend to do stuff to your head.
That's probably one of the reasons I like to write - you're the master of your (your characters' that is) destiny.

Jennifer

« Reply #98 on: November 25, 2003, 11:31:57 AM »

Jennifer, your name backwards is Refinnej (pronounced refiineg with a soft "g" I assume)

I actually have a friend who sometimes calls me that.

He pronounces it Neg like hedge.

Ben

« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2003, 11:37:14 AM »

George, your post about the blurbalicious blurbs on the previous page contains a red X. Did you try to post a graphic or a smiley? I'm only seeing words, nothing else.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 11:37:33 AM by Ben »

Jennifer

« Reply #100 on: November 25, 2003, 11:37:16 AM »

DR Ben wrote:
Jennifer, if you click "Home" at the top of the page and then scroll down to the bottom, you will see a list of who is on as well as the number of guests. It lists "Guests" and since they are not registered, we can't see their names, and the "Registered Users", meanin' us folk.
Oh I thought it said it on this page where it shows our names. Wow, all of you are checking "home". Interesting!

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2003, 11:49:09 AM »

If I knew any jokes, I'd tell one. I used to write sitcoms, but can't remember (or tell) a joke for the life of me. Anyway, I'm going to retire from HHW for a while and wanted to go out on a light note, rather than Russians shooting at my rear end. Oh well. Why did the chicken cross the road?....

Jennifer

« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2003, 11:49:28 AM »

Now, Miss Jennifer, not to bring up a sore point, but could you please refrain from posting for say, a week or so???    ;)

Um, in a word, NO :)

Andrea

« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2003, 11:50:36 AM »

But I love the term goddess, I can't help that!

That's what I want to be. :)

I have a t-shirt from the Met's goddess exhibation this summer and I love it. I don't care about pc, gosh darn it, sometimes it's nice to have the pretty name:)

And Jennifer, if it makes you feel better we can refer to CYGOPP by his real name...

Back to Wolfgang Iser..

Ben

« Reply #104 on: November 25, 2003, 11:50:42 AM »

Maya (since you have your Chita quote there), did you see that Chita is working on a one woman show with Terrence McNally? Here's the link to the Playbill On-Line article.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/82950.html

Also, Take Me Out is closing (won the Tony for Best Play this year along with Denis O'Hare winning for Best Featured Actor and Joe Mantello winning for Best director) and there is talk that Goodspeed might move out of East Haddam and into a more easily accessible town in Connecticut.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 11:51:33 AM by Ben »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #105 on: November 25, 2003, 11:50:54 AM »

On our board home page at the very bottom (at least on my screen) there is a slug for how many guests and users are currently looking at the board.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #106 on: November 25, 2003, 11:54:43 AM »

George, your post about the blurbalicious blurbs on the previous page contains a red X. Did you try to post a graphic or a smiley? I'm only seeing words, nothing else.

Darn. :(  This has happened with other smilies that I've posted.  If you're in Internet Explorer, what's worked for me is to right click on the red X and choose "show picture."  Then it's magically appeared.  You could also try to refresh the browser a couple of times.  Let me know.  I have no idea why it would only be a problem with smilies that I've posted.   :'(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: November 25, 2003, 11:55:46 AM »

I have a t-shirt from the Met's goddess exhibation this summer and I love it. I don't care about pc, gosh darn it, sometimes it's nice to have the pretty name:)

And Jennifer, if it makes you feel better we can refer to CYGOPP by his real name...

Back to Wolfgang Iser..

I agree. I love the term goddess.

And DR Andrea: We don't know his real name!

I like CYGOPP. I just can't remember what it means!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #108 on: November 25, 2003, 11:58:15 AM »

I can also post it as an attachment.  Let me know if this does or doesn't work:
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 11:58:52 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: November 25, 2003, 11:59:12 AM »

On our board home page at the very bottom (at least on my screen) there is a slug for how many guests and users are currently looking at the board.

It's funny. But why would you all be looking on the homepage? I just see the readers names on the page I am on. I never thought to look for guests. Although I guess that is an interesting thing to do :)

Jennifer

« Reply #110 on: November 25, 2003, 12:00:39 PM »

Don't cry DR George. It will be okay!

Emily

« Reply #111 on: November 25, 2003, 12:00:59 PM »

I have written four pages of paper today...

and I feel like I have at least that much left in me!  

Jennifer: his real name is Seth (hence the name of the attachment picture "andrea and seth") but CYGOPP is much more fun :D

I actually hate THE BACHELOR and all that it stands for.  I will most definitely not be watching Trista do whatever she does.  

Don't forget - Survivor is TOMORROW and not Thursday because I hear some foreigners are having a holiday in the middle of the week.  I say, how strange... ;)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Emily

« Reply #112 on: November 25, 2003, 12:01:55 PM »

Oh and Jenn, The Gazette mentioned that Ryan Malcolm will definitely be on tonight's special.  
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: November 25, 2003, 12:02:59 PM »

DR George, I only see the red X too.

Tomovoz

« Reply #114 on: November 25, 2003, 12:04:34 PM »

Glad you liked the "small hole Baby Jane" and the Roger Smith cover MBarnum & JRand. (I first wrote Michael and Jack but thought those names in some form were getting far too much publicity this week!) All OZ and UK 45rpm recordings were issued in the small hole format. TCB the "Dallas" story is this week's funniest moment for me.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2003, 12:05:15 PM »

Jennifer: his real name is Seth (hence the name of the attachment picture "andrea and seth") but CYGOPP is much more fun :D

Ha ha. Well if I had looked at that, I guess I would have known!

Jennifer

« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2003, 12:07:55 PM »

I actually hate THE BACHELOR and all that it stands for.  I will most definitely not be watching Trista do whatever she does.  

Don't forget - Survivor is TOMORROW and not Thursday because I hear some foreigners are having a holiday in the middle of the week.  I say, how strange... ;)

Trista is getting married.  I think they will be the first couple from the series to get married.

Ahhh, it will be nice. Weddings are nice.

And yep Survivor is on tomorrow at 8pm.  Can't wait.

Jennifer

« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2003, 12:09:20 PM »

Oh and Jenn, The Gazette mentioned that Ryan Malcolm will definitely be on tonight's special.  

Yes he will. Btw, those commercials confuse you as well?

And DR Emily, it's Jen with one "n" please :)

Tomovoz

« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2003, 12:17:15 PM »

For the fans of such people: Not a far jump from 77 to Hawaiian Eye
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2003, 12:18:39 PM »

Another great singer of the sixties:
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12   Go Up