Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLURBS  (Read 27756 times)

Andrea

Re:THE BLURBS
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2003, 09:18:36 AM »

Thanks all for the sweet comments on CYGOPP... although you all know my heart still belongs to Jed/Craig/Mark/Matt H./Jason/Ron and all the rest.. (especially you swishy:))

Most dangerous situation? Emily being bossy... yes lads and lassies... I have to live with that every single day!

Seriously, I think one of the creepist things I ever did was walk through Harlem in the middle of the night, only accompanied by another female friend. I had just read Bonfire of the Vanites, and was absolutely petrified of New York City at that point. No doubt, nothing would have happened, but sterotypes die hard.

Emily

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2003, 09:20:27 AM »

I am never bossy...

:)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2003, 09:21:45 AM »

I'll tell you something that's dangerous. Walking into my English class today without an essay. Cross your fingers, everyone. But to have an essay and a ten-minute presentation due on the same day, that's just evil.

My partner for this presentation never did answer my email. I haven't seen him since it was assigned. I came up with my five minutes last night when I decided I wasn't going to hear from him. I hope he came up with five minutes of his own.

Oy. This is why I hate group projects. I always end up doing it on my own anyway. Why should I have to share my grade?
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
Re:This is only a test
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2003, 09:23:38 AM »

I've always wanted to see what would happen if I changed the subject line...

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2003, 09:23:53 AM »

Hmm...nothing too exciting...

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2003, 09:24:15 AM »

I'm disapointed now

Emily

Ann has started something dangerous boys and girls
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2003, 09:26:26 AM »

this is fascinating me
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2003, 09:33:17 AM »

LOL, Ann and Sandra!

Emily--Give ME one of those cups of coffee!  I need caffeine!  *crashes into wall*

Emily

« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2003, 09:41:28 AM »

here you go maya:

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2003, 09:44:10 AM »

I do believe I also mentioned the blurbs!  :'(
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2003, 09:46:49 AM »

Ok, I will mention the blurbs.

"Blurbs" are now mentioned!

LOL, really, the blurs are very nice and read very well. They also sound sincere, which is a good thing!

I still have not purchased the second book :( as I have been spending toooooo much money on Bollywood and other DVDs! Soon however I will have that book in my hands and you will see me reading it as I do my cardio at the gym. Today I will start reading on of the Frances Farmer books that JRand53 sent me quite some time ago!

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2003, 09:48:30 AM »

Thank you for the coffee, Emily!  This is me now.....

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2003, 09:51:10 AM »

Ah, one more...dem smilies are just too cute...

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2003, 09:51:16 AM »

Bravo, BK, on those great blurbs!  Of course, blurbs can only be as good as the book they are commenting on, so, of course they would be faboo.
Hey, I had already written that part prior to BK's pathetic pleas for comments.
Dangerous experiences:  Well, of course, the most memorable was back in November of '63 when I was sitting in the jump seat next to my husband John in Dallas, and I had just turned around and said, "You can't say Texas doesn't love you, Mr. President," when suddenly I heard a gun......... Wait that wasn't me, that was Mrs Connelly.  Well, I do recall someone calling me Nellie back then.

Seriously though, lots of dangerous experiences, most of which I try not to dwell upon.  I was beaten up once in a Denny's bathroom by the mountain man from DELIVERANCE and his son who were apparently in town to bash some queers.  Or, when I was a bartender, there was the drunk biker who shoved the loaded gun in my face and was going to shoot me, becuase I cut him off.  The rest of the dangerous ones were mostly my own fault, back in my drinking days.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Emily

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2003, 09:53:51 AM »

Dangerous experiences:  Well, of course, the most memorable was back in November of '63 when I was sitting in the jump seat next to my husband John in Dallas, and I had just turned around and said, "You can't say Texas doesn't love you, Mr. President," when suddenly I heard a gun......... Wait that wasn't me, that was Mrs Connelly.  Well, I do recall someone calling me Nellie back then.

ROTFLMAO!

:)  :D  ;D

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2003, 09:57:27 AM »

TCB--I SO totally didn't get that reference....but it WAS very funny!

Wait...nevermind...I had to think about it...okay, I get it....I really should know my American history better.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 10:01:05 AM by Maya »

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2003, 09:57:36 AM »

I guess I have been blessed in that I have never been in any truly dangerous situations.

The blurbs be bodacious!
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

MBarnum

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2003, 09:59:32 AM »

Ah, one more...dem smilies are just too cute...

Maya, I think that is my favorite smile that I have seen thus far!!! Made my day!

JRand53, have been trying to find a better picture. That one is blurry. So thought I would do some book covers in the meantime.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2003, 10:00:05 AM »

Pathetic pleas?  There were no pathetic pleas, although I have had some pathetic peas.  All I said was that I was happy that at least two people had bothered to mention them.  But it was really three, for Jrand mentioned them, too.  And now a few more have mentioned them and all is well with the world.  I just thought they were excellent and well-written, that's what I thought.

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2003, 10:02:01 AM »

Thanks, MBarnum!  Very glad I could make you smile!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2003, 10:03:06 AM »

Blurbs, shmurbs!

The proof is in the reading!

:)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 10:03:22 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2003, 10:03:23 AM »

Don't forget everyone that tonight is the American Idol Christmas Spectacular (8pm on FOX) with Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken and a special performance by CANADIAN IDOL Ryan Malcolm.  

Now that I know that, I shall do my best to forget it, as Sherlock Holmes would say.
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

William E. Lurie

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2003, 10:10:11 AM »

You want us to mention the blurbs?  They are like preaching to the choir.  All of us DRs don't need blurbs to remind us of how good these books are.  They just make us more anxious for the book to come out and jealous of those who got to read it in advance.  They are great, and I hope they are read by others who will then buy the book(s) and discover everything in the blurbs are true.

Is there still going to be a slipcase so the whole trilogy can be boxed?  Now that you have finished the trilogy will you write any books about something or someone other than Benjamin?
Years from now when you talk of this --- and you will --- be kind.

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2003, 10:16:36 AM »

Don't forget everyone that tonight is the American Idol Christmas Spectacular (8pm on FOX) with Kelly Clarkson, Ruben Studdard, Clay Aiken and a special performance by CANADIAN IDOL Ryan Malcolm.   The Cdn Idol is so awful! I can not wait!  :)

Well I will of course be watching.  Hey, our Canadian Idol is not awful at all. He might not be as good as Clay or Kelly. But he is still good!

Oh and I was wondering if Ryan was really going to be on the show. The commercials confused me so much. when i would see the commercials on FOX they of course didn't mention him. But when I would see the similar commercials on CTV (Canadian channel) they would show him. It took me a while to realize that I was seeing the commercials on two different stations (and of course CTV wanted to plug their own Canadian Idol).

Btw, DR Emily: Will you be watching Trista and Ryan's wedding? Starts this Wednesday.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2003, 10:17:52 AM »

Thank you, WEL.  I didn't print the blurbs for any other reason than that I was pleased to get them and I thought they were terrific.  Only four people have read this book "in advance" and we're so ahead of the game with this one, that I'm hoping I may have books for sale as early as late Feb or early March.  It won't be available anywhere else until the end of April, though, just here.

I am currently ruminating on what I will write next, but the answer I would like to give is yes, I will write a totally different kind of book next if I can get up the nerve and come up with an idea (I have a few) that is fun and which excites me.

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: November 25, 2003, 10:18:11 AM »

Oh and how great for Juliana! What city is Millie in for Thanksgiving. I wish I could see it.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2003, 10:18:53 AM »

Lovely blurbs!

Dangerous situation:  Probably when I was out riding, training a three-year-old mare at 6 a.m., and she reared up, lost her balance, and fell backwards on top of me.  Early as it was, there was nobody around to help.  Even if there was someone around, I couldn't breathe for an eternity so I couldn't call for help anyway.  But I toughed it out and eventually got up.  There wasn't any major damage done, not that I would know because my stepmother never took me to the doctor or the ER or anything.  I was in Jr. High at the time.
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2003, 10:20:15 AM »

Did you know we currently have nine users and nine guests perusing this here board?  I wonder who those nine guests are?  We welcome all guests and encourage them to register and join in the merriment and mirth and laughter and legs.

Maya

• My LiveJournal
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2003, 10:21:32 AM »

BK--I'm very glad to hear that you plan to keep writing!  I had been wondering about that....if you wanted to keep writing novels after Kritzer Time.

I HUGELY admire novelists....I tried to write one once...and failed miserably.  Short stories are easy...it takes dedication as well as talent to be a good novelist.  :D

Jennifer

« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2003, 10:25:57 AM »

DR Emily wrote:
Jennifer, did you notice how Rupert was "unavailable" to do the kicked off Survivor spot of Letterman tonight?

I think this confirms suspicions that the big guy is indeed going to take part in CELEBRITY SURVIVOR! Yippee!  I can't wait to see him threaten Jenna from last season!

BTW we all love you Jennifer very much!  

Awww, thanks!

Yes, I did notice that Rupert wasn't on Letterman. He also wasn't on the Early show on Friday.  He is definitely in Panama filming Celebrity Survivor. It's no rumor.

My pick is Colby (aka Hershey bar). I love him and was so devastated when he gave the money to Tina.

It will be VERY interesting to see how this Survivor plays out.

I just hope Rupert calms down a bit. I really liked him at the beginning. But he got too crazy for me near the end.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2003, 10:29:00 AM by Jennifer »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up