Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BOGGLED BK  (Read 49215 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:THE BOGGLED BK
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2005, 09:13:27 AM »

~~~SAFE TRAVEL VIBES~~~~

for Ron Pulliam

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2005, 09:14:12 AM »

We will have a houseguest beginning today as my friends Mark and James are dropping off their dog Digger before they head out to the wilds of Wyoming.

Hopefully I won't be allergic to Digger like I was to Hildy...but if I am I am sure I can tough it out for a week.

However, Freddy may be somewhat disappointed to find another canine in the house after he just got rid of one! LOL!

vixmom

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2005, 09:15:13 AM »

DRJason, this sounds like a story my father, who turned 84 today, used to tell us about growing up in Appalachia in the late 1920s.  Did you have to walk to work today through six feet of snow with frozen toes?

Yes, but first he had to chop a cord of wood witha rusty axe

MBarnum

« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2005, 09:17:22 AM »

If you check out WEIRDOMUSIC.COM you can download and enjoy this traditional vintage Christmas album.

It is guaranteed to make Santa go Ho, HO, HO!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2005, 09:17:28 AM »

My dad always had to walk 5 miles to school in six feet of snow and then walk home 10 miles through 7 feet of snow.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2005, 09:19:10 AM »

But if the little kiddies don't like that one, then you can always download this album as a backup!

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2005, 09:21:08 AM »

Has anybody else had trouble watching the cbs.com final TAR challenge. I was able to easily view what the winners would do with their money.

But when I clicked on final challenge i got nothing. I'm trying to view it a different way, through the video list. But so far nothing. :(

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2005, 09:24:19 AM »

That's scary!

Off to GNIK GNOK....full report in about 3 1/2 hours.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #68 on: December 14, 2005, 09:27:35 AM »

I offer the following PG-17 "Foamy the Squirrel Christmas Special" to adults who are not offended by the use of profanities to support a rant.

View with caution and out-of-ear-shot of minors:

http://www.illwillpress.com/xmas.html

(or ignore and don't view at all).

(I warned you).

:D
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #69 on: December 14, 2005, 09:27:41 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers.

I believe I have finished my Christmas shopping.

Son gets a Starbucks card. No surprise for him, but he will use it.

DR Sandra gets memories: We are going to Las Vegas to see Plaid Tidings next week.

Sis gets a donation in her name to the Red Cross.

DH's nieces and nephews get a llama donated in their names to Heifer Project. Said llama will be used as a pack animal and hair from it will be woven into warm clothing. It will go to someone in the world who needs it.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: December 14, 2005, 09:30:59 AM »

I saw previews on TV last night for the upcoming "Casanova."

Quite a year Heath ledger is having -- "Brothers Grimm," "Brokeback Mountain" and "Casanova."  Hopefully, this next one will be as much to his credit as "Brokeback Mountain" is.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #71 on: December 14, 2005, 09:32:05 AM »

I have to pack, go to the bank and line my wallet (a bit) and then arrange my transport to the airport.

All in all, I should be able to get everything done before tonight.

(One hopes).

Jason

« Reply #72 on: December 14, 2005, 09:33:19 AM »

DR Elmore: Haha...no, I never had to walk through the snow with frozen toes. But in my old apartment in Brooklyn, the gaps in the windowsills were so big that it would snow INSIDE my apartment if the wind blew the right direction, which it always seemed to do. :) Happy birthday to your Dad, as well!!

By the by - we got our holiday bonuses. I'm a happy, happy, slightly-better-off boy right now. :D

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: December 14, 2005, 09:37:03 AM »

Re: last night's TAR.

I was very happy with the outcome. Although did anybody else think the Branson father would beat the Linz kid at the map puzzle?

I just listened to the Linz family receive their money on the Early Show. They are really nice.  It's under the cbsnews videos.  They said half the money is going to their parents.  And there are 7 siblings. And the rest is being divided equally among all 7.

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: December 14, 2005, 09:38:14 AM »

The local critic here gave KING KONG 5 out of 5 stars. I have never seen a movie get 5 stars before.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #75 on: December 14, 2005, 09:41:18 AM »

And the word of the day is: FUSSBUDGET!
The beaurocrats at the Department of the Treasury are all fussbudgets.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

FJL

« Reply #76 on: December 14, 2005, 09:42:54 AM »

Jason - So you're saying money CAN buy happiness?  :)

FJL

« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2005, 09:58:40 AM »

Eek, that question seems to have driven some people away!

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2005, 10:01:08 AM »

I love it when the semester ends. But why do they have to ruin it by making me take final exams? Next is my final for the dreaded Dr. C. Part of me just wants to go in there and get it over with so I never have to see him ever again, but the other part of me is a chicken and just doesn't wanna.

Dr. C's class is on the postcolonial novel, and if anyone knows what that means, now would be the time to tell me. Apparently, it has to do with a bunch of people griping and writing stories without plots but with lots of sex.

Happy birthday, Dear Reader Tomovoz.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #79 on: December 14, 2005, 10:03:48 AM »

I offer the following PG-17 "Foamy the Squirrel Christmas Special" to adults who are not offended by the use of profanities to support a rant.

View with caution and out-of-ear-shot of minors:

http://www.illwillpress.com/xmas.html

(or ignore and don't view at all).

(I warned you).

:D
This is a repeat link, first posted on Dec. 4th.  But it's worth hearing again, if the language isn't a problem.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #80 on: December 14, 2005, 10:11:19 AM »

Since it's late spring and almost summer where our Tomovoz lives, I suggest the following be served for his birthday!

Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
Recipe courtesy Gourmet Magazine

Recipe Summary
Difficulty: Medium
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 servings

For topping:
1/2 medium pineapple, peeled, quartered lengthwise, and cored
3/4 stick unsalted butter
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar

For batter:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 to 3 teaspoons ground cardamom
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon dark rum
1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
2 tablespoons dark rum, for sprinkling over cake

Special equipment: a well-seasoned 10-inch cast-iron skillet

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Topping:
Cut pineapple crosswise into 3/8-inch-thick pieces. Melt butter in skillet. Add brown sugar and simmer over moderate heat, stirring, 4 minutes. Remove from heat. Arrange pineapple on top of sugar mixture in concentric circles, overlapping pieces slightly.

Batter:
Sift together flour, cardamom, baking powder, and salt. Beat butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, then gradually beat in granulated sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla and rum. Add 1/2 of the flour mixture and beat on low speed just until blended. Beat in pineapple juice, then add remaining flour mixture, beating just until blended. (Batter may appear slightly curdled.)
Spoon batter over pineapple topping and spread evenly. Bake cake in middle of oven until golden and a tester comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cake stand in skillet 5 minutes. Invert a plate over skillet and invert cake onto plate (keeping plate and skillet firmly pressed together). Replace any pineapple stuck to bottom of skillet. Sprinkle rum over cake and cool on plate on a rack.

Serve cake just warm or at room temperature.

Cooks' notes:
• Some of the food editors found 3 teaspoons of cardamom to be too much, but others loved the intense flavor.
• Cake may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring to room temperature before serving.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: December 14, 2005, 10:14:44 AM »

A question for our esteemed BK:

Which cast albums do you wish you could have produced, because you know you could have done them much better?

vixmom

« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2005, 10:15:36 AM »

Jason - So you're saying money CAN buy happiness?  :)

I answer on his behalf (and mine!)

[size=10]YES!!!!!!![/size]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2005, 10:16:38 AM by vixmom »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2005, 10:17:21 AM »

...Dr. C's class is on the postcolonial novel, and if anyone knows what that means, now would be the time to tell me. Apparently, it has to do with a bunch of people griping and writing stories without plots but with lots of sex...
In other words, the postcolonial novel is much like the postmodern novel, but the cast of characters dress funny.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #84 on: December 14, 2005, 10:17:52 AM »

Can money buy me an A on this final?

Someone make me an offer.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #85 on: December 14, 2005, 10:18:48 AM »

In other words, the postcolonial novel is much like the postmodern novel, but the cast of characters dress funny.

Can I use that quote in my essay?

vixmom

« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2005, 10:19:13 AM »

Good morning, fellow Dear Readers.

I believe I have finished my Christmas shopping.

Son gets a Starbucks card. No surprise for him, but he will use it.

DR Sandra gets memories: We are going to Las Vegas to see Plaid Tidings next week.

Sis gets a donation in her name to the Red Cross.

DH's nieces and nephews get a llama donated in their names to Heifer Project. Said llama will be used as a pack animal and hair from it will be woven into warm clothing. It will go to someone in the world who needs it.

I love Heifer project.  One year our Sunday School managed to raise enough for one cow, 2 pigs and some chickens

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2005, 10:19:38 AM »

I'm feeling a bit peckish, so I think I'll locate some of the leftover Chinese take-out we had last night.

Lemon Chicken, yum!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2005, 10:20:39 AM »

Can I use that quote in my essay?
Yes, you may, but I suggest you give examples to back it up.   ::)

vixmom

« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2005, 10:21:26 AM »

I'm feeling a bit peckish, so I think I'll locate some of the leftover Chinese take-out we had last night.

Lemon Chicken, yum!

Are you having chicken because you feel peckish?

Do you hgave porkchops when you feel hog wild?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up