Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BOGGLED BK  (Read 49231 times)

Danise

Re:THE BOGGLED BK
« Reply #180 on: December 14, 2005, 06:46:50 PM »

Evening folks!

I had a very busy day/evening so I can only stop in for a moment.

I just wanted to wish Ben and Anth the most wonderful of trip with lot of lovely memories.

Have a wonderful time but be safe, be sure to take LOTS of photos and come home to us because we will miss you.  

And the other reason I just had to stop by was to wish our very own Dear TomovOZ a very HAPPY Birthday!

Here is a bear hug for your day!

Sorry to post and run but it’s past my bedtime already.  I have another busy day tomorrow.  Don’t ya just love the holidays and the rush it creates at work because of all the time off?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #181 on: December 14, 2005, 07:59:52 PM »

Thank you Danise.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2005, 08:08:21 PM »

Hi, Tom.  Just had a slice of chocolate torte with caramel cone ice cream in honor of your birthday, which is still going on here!

FJL

« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2005, 08:11:41 PM »

The ice cream was, of course, Haagen D'oz.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #184 on: December 14, 2005, 08:17:04 PM »

Finished THE GLENN MILLER STORY. Nice to see Frances Langford again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #185 on: December 14, 2005, 08:19:25 PM »

Since I had had that trouble with my old copy of THE SPY WHO LOVED ME, I thought maybe I'd better check some of the other Bond films that I bought around the same time.

So, I picked out MOONRAKER. Never been one of my favorites but thankfully the disc played just fine. Looked and sounded very, very good. There is still 30 minutes or so to go with it.

Matt H.

« Reply #186 on: December 14, 2005, 08:21:15 PM »

Then, I watched the CSI: MIAMI rerun from the DVR recorded on Monday night. Only remembered bits and pieces of it until about 10 minutes before the end of the show. Then, I remembered all the twists of the plot and how they were going to be resolved.

Matt H.

« Reply #187 on: December 14, 2005, 08:24:29 PM »

Then, it was time for tonight's ALIAS.

spoilers - - -

1. One of the biggest mistakes they ever made (apart from letting the show run two or three years too long) was the decision to rid themselves of Michael Vartan. Even now with what we know about their messy romance and break-up, the two have incredible chemistry on-screen together. Every scene with him tonight only reinforced in my mind that he was the true unheralded backbone of this show.

2. What a shock when the identity of the person behind the glass was revealed! Wow!

MBarnum

« Reply #188 on: December 14, 2005, 08:35:28 PM »

Just finished last nights Amazing Race. It was nice to see the Gaghen's once more...I got all teary eyed when they showed them getting eliminated all over again  :'(  LOL!

I am looking forward to the next season of TAR...and it will be nice to see them race around the world...looks like they will go to some very beautiful countries!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #189 on: December 14, 2005, 08:39:42 PM »

2001 Posts: A HHW Odyssey

I have to thank FJL who pointed it out, because I had no idea until just a few minutes ago.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #190 on: December 14, 2005, 08:41:45 PM »

Here's what I don't understand about KING KONG. On the TV, the effects look horrendous, just cartoonish like every other CGI movie (to my eyes anyway). So are these effects that improve on the big screen? People are raving about them, but it is hard to imagine from what I've seen.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #191 on: December 14, 2005, 08:53:36 PM »

GOOD TIMES:
My opinion lies omewhere between MBarnum and Matt H.

They've been showing marathons on TVLand, so I tuned in and watched a few for old times' sake. They started out enjoyable, then really started to grate on me a bit.

The issues good and bad:
What is done well is conveying the inside of a slum apartment and the lifestyle within. I think it was important for me to see that as a youngster living in suburban (white) Chicagoland.

You have great characters with strong spirits, Michael, the younger brother, a unique kid character in TV, as this politically aware and smart kid. John Amos conveyed the father very well.

With JJ though, you have shameless mugging, even though he said some funny stuff, especially his putdowns of Thelma, it got a bit obnoxious at times. And Florida was a bit sanctimonious. And then the show never lifted out of the doldrums, like when they are finally moving and they kill off the dad. Then Moses Gunn came on to battle JJ for overacting. THEN Thelma marries a promising football player who JJ trips at their wedding causing him to blow out his knee and ruining his career...

It was like, okay, if they are going to live in poverty, that's one thing, but they kept having these near brushes with escape that turned into even worse situations.

It was a downer. And too loud. But sometimes worthwhile nonetheless.

And that's GOOD TIMES as I saw it.

Great theme, too.  

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #192 on: December 14, 2005, 08:54:12 PM »

TPunk wishes Happy Birthday to Tomovoz!

Matt H.

« Reply #193 on: December 14, 2005, 08:57:12 PM »

Guess I'll head for bed now.

Good night, all.

Tomovoz

« Reply #194 on: December 14, 2005, 09:07:56 PM »

Thanks to TPUNK.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #195 on: December 14, 2005, 09:09:15 PM »

The ice cream was, of course, Haagen D'oz.
I appreciate the sacrifices made on my behalf. Thank you.
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #196 on: December 14, 2005, 09:45:09 PM »

DR JANE - I would recommend NARNIA without hesitation.  The original line was the one I quoted!  LOL....there was nothing that original in the new GNOK GNOK.

As for the CGI - well, DR RODZINSKI, it does look better in the theatre, but it is still obvious....but I got to thinking, it's a technical photographic effect just like stop motion photography is a technical photographic effect - so we have what we have today.  There are a couple of VERY obvious effects, but for the most part it's well done.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #197 on: December 14, 2005, 09:47:09 PM »

The finale on the Empire State Building with the airplanes is exciting (badly scored) - but dividing the Jack Driscoll character into two people (one a writer and the other an actor) really weakens the film and the relationship with Anne.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #198 on: December 14, 2005, 09:47:27 PM »

Watching THE FIVE PENNIES....pretty colors and good music!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #199 on: December 14, 2005, 10:17:38 PM »

Man, I ate some Mexican food for lunch and either it was tainted or it is not agreeing with me at all - I've been nauseous since about three and it's not going away, despite several Tums.  However, if it WERE food poisoning, I should think I'd be down for the count right about now.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: December 14, 2005, 10:59:45 PM »

Holy moley on rye, the jernt is empty and the WUSSBURGERS are off WUSSBURGERING.  I, on the other hand, am here, nauseous and trying not to barf (frab, spelled backwards).

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2005, 11:20:59 PM »

I am home.  I am very busy this week...Seattle Symphony is doing the Messiah run, so I have performances/rehearsals all this week.  I will keep up on posts as best I can...

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2005, 11:22:17 PM »

But no WUSSBURGER am I!  

Wusstburrito, perhaps...although now I might make BK feel ill and want to barf.  Ah well.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2005, 11:35:45 PM »

I got back from seeing Children of Eden a while ago and it was very good.  Good singers, pretty good actors (overall, the chorus was not bad...not incredibly fabulous, but not bad).  I'm not spiritual at all, but I love the music and performed "In the Beginning" in an AIDS benefit several years ago.  Quite powerful and touching.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2005, 11:56:53 PM »

BK, you'll be pleased a punch to know that Larry tinkered with his DVD burning program and was able to make a DVD+R that plays as widescreen in both of my DVD players!  And just to be sure, I copied it onto a DVD-R and that works perfectly in both of my DVD players, too!  I'll send them tomorrow and you should receive them shortly after that.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up