Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TURKEY LURKEY TIME  (Read 20746 times)

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
Re:TURKEY LURKEY TIME
« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2003, 12:01:53 PM »

I am thankful that bk quoted Andrew Lloyd Webber - well, actually Don Black, and it was Thursday instead of Sunday, but I'm still thankfuk.

Jennifer

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2003, 12:03:32 PM »

This is a plea to DR Craig: on behalf of the women at HHW.  I would like to offer DRs Emily, Andrea, Maya, SwishySarah, and myself as your harem if you are able to change us to HHW goddesses (instead of gods).

Thank you and have a nice day :)

François

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2003, 12:14:42 PM »

Well, Michael Shayne, that thumb-up kid has to be our own Hainesketeer  Mark B. of course!

I know MusicGuy knew!

Happy Turkey Day to all of you!

I can't wait for France Day, btw! ;)

François

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2003, 12:17:01 PM »

Can't believe it!

Women outnumber men on this planet AND they want to be called GODDESSES on top of that!

How unseemly! ::)

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2003, 12:19:56 PM »

Jennifer-

I would love to comply, but alas - there is only an option for one "title" after a certain # of posts. If you (and the other bevy of bodacious and beautiful women) can come up with a unisex word that works, let me know..

François

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2003, 12:26:14 PM »

DR George,

Thank you for answering my questions re: UNCONDITIONAL LOVE!

I'm quite sure Dame Julie was NOT singing and some previous recordings of hers were used!          

Lulu

• "Big hair makes the rest of me look smaller!"
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2003, 12:38:27 PM »

Craig:  How about "HHW Deity"?

RE: Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.  Before each commercial they kept announcing "Next...Harvey Fierstein!" but an hour and a half in, Harv still hadn't shown up.  Did anyone watch 'til the bitter end?  Did Harvey ever appear?
NOW: Becca in "Rabbit Hole."

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2003, 12:59:32 PM »

Yes, Harvey/Edna/Mrs. Claus arrived on the scene at around 11:35 and sang a song called "Santa Knows."  His/her outfit, done by Mr. William Ivey Long, was gawjus.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2003, 01:06:03 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone?  You'd think it was Thanksgiving or something.  Still and all and all in still, we're havin' a fine old partay here at haineshisway.com.  Of course, we still haven't heard a peep from you-know-who even after we apologized for all our mistakenly snarky comments of last evening.  That is just so un-Thanksgiving like but perhaps our bevy of bountiful beautiful haremettes can show him the way.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2003, 01:25:54 PM »

Quiet, rainy day.  I just ordered the Anthony Perkins CD and "Pirates of the Caribbean"!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jennifer

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2003, 01:30:31 PM »

Jennifer-

I would love to comply, but alas - there is only an option for one "title" after a certain # of posts. If you (and the other bevy of bodacious and beautiful women) can come up with a unisex word that works, let me know..

That sucks. But thanks for the quick reply.

I don't think the Gods here would be happy to have their name changed. Although what about HHW God/Goddess.  Or HHW God (dess).

I so had my heart set on being a Goddess.  And I wouldn't want to be around when DRs Maya/Emily/Andrea reach 500 and don't get the title of Goddess :)

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2003, 01:34:21 PM »

Actually, Jennifer, I haven't read anything by any of them to indicate that they care one way or another.

Perhaps it's time to let it go?

Tomovoz

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2003, 01:42:49 PM »

The patient had a good night (despite my cooking).
Thanks again DRs for your thoughts. (He may even post his own note in a few days when DRs are back from various and sundried places). Major drama was "hiccups" that would not stop. He was worried about the strain on abdominal stiches etc.. I rang the hospital and the nursing staff said that it was not an uncommon after-effect of anaesthetics etc as the body has not absorbed all the air that was pumped in during the operation. Their solution: peppermint water or peppermint tea. Thank goodness for a neighbour who had some. It worked. Maybe it was the shock as Colin does not like peppermint. Such was our Thanksgiving day.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 02:06:04 PM by Tom from OZ »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2003, 01:43:41 PM »

DR Emily where are you? I am dying to talk Survivor. Last night's episode was SO GOOD!

I loved it. Between Jon's disgusting lie, and who got voted out, it was quite a good show.

Did anyone else watch?

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2003, 01:48:12 PM »

Actually, Jennifer, I haven't read anything by any of them to indicate that they care one way or another.

Perhaps it's time to let it go?

Okay that was just mean. Although I will assume you didn't mean it the way it came across.

Check the posts.  They said it. Would I make that up? :)

Actually maybe I would. But this time, I didn't! :)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2003, 01:53:47 PM »

My most memorable Thanksgivings were the five years IN A ROW that I got a cold.  This actually was a good thing because I don't like turkey (never have and never will--unless it's on a sub sandwich) and I didn't have to deal with anyone saying "Don't you want turkey?"  No I don't and I still don't!  But it's okay if you do.  ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2003, 01:54:14 PM »

It was not intended as mean, though it means something to me that this was the conclusion you leapt to.  

Think as ill of me as you wish, but I think the issue has been rendered moot.  Further arguments seem obsessive, but do feel free to continue it as long as you want.  

As for "Survivor," I watched the show.  They deserved what evil John did to them.  I cannot believe those women are so stupid as to think it mattered any what John was willing to do...he was in NO POSITION to offer them anything as they had the voting power.  Those women could have taken out Burton, then John and then Lill.  All they had to do was "think."

And they got outsmarted...again.  I wanted to shake them, shake them, shake them.

And I so wished Jeff had outed John's lie.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 02:05:55 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2003, 01:54:57 PM »

The table is already set with some sort of salad with goat cheese.  It's hard to tell what it is, because nobody's turned any lights on (not that there are a lot of lights.  The turkey is cooking, having gone into the oven the moment I took out my pie.  As much of the apple liquid had spilled out over the pie plate onto the floor of the oven, I suspect this year's turkey will be apple-tinged.  I had to substitute heavy cream for light cream, which may have destroyed it.

I'm most grateful to Charles Pogue for elaborating on the Loesser quote and the mysterious gentlemen who looked over the CD liner.

Here in the woods there are computers with easier-to-use photo editing.  So I can post more pictures, although I'm never sure what size they're going to be until they're posted.

What grooms do at receptions: pocket envelopes.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2003, 01:58:45 PM »

Such was out Thanksgiving day.

Out Thanksgiving Day?  Is that a Gay holiday in Australia?  If it requires drinking peppermint tea, I think I may have to get a girlfriend.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2003, 02:05:29 PM »

I of course like to make sure that YOU read the posts. It also gives the opportunity to modify. (Something to do whilst await emails in the morning!)
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2003, 02:08:23 PM »

I cannot seem to find any turkey smilies. Can anyone help me?

But here is a beautiful flower for DR Ron:

Jennifer

« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2003, 02:11:03 PM »

DR Noel: I love the cupcakes!

François

« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2003, 02:19:26 PM »

Cupcakes, DR Jennifer??

Which ones?... says naughty François!

Jennifer

« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2003, 02:23:45 PM »

DR Ron wrote:
It was not intended as mean, though it means something to me that this was the conclusion you leapt to.  

I think it is sometimes hard to know the tone on the internet.  I wrote, "Okay that was just mean. Although I will assume you didn't mean it the way it came across."

I meant that.  To me it sounded mean and it hurt my feelings.  But I think you are generally a nice person, which is why I added "I will assume you didn't mean it that way".  I wasn't trying to be sarcastic when I wrote that part, it was true.

DR Ron wrote:
Think as ill of me as you wish, but I think the issue has been rendered moot.  Further arguments seem obsessive, but do feel free to continue it as long as you want.  

I don't think ill of you at all.  And anyone who would think that does not know me.

There are so many topics on HHW, some of which don't interest me. But I can see that they interest others. Just because I don't want to read about a certain thing, doesn't mean that I don't think it should be here.

DR Ron wrote:
As for "Survivor," I watched the show.  They deserved what evil John did to them.  I cannot believe those women are so stupid as to think it mattered any what John was willing to do...he was in NO POSITION to offer them anything as they had the voting power.  Those women could have taken out Burton, then John and then Lill.  All they had to do was "think."

And they got outsmarted...again.  I wanted to shake them, shake them, shake them.

And I so wished Jeff had outed John's lie.

I was totally impressed with how Sandra took Tijuana into the woods to listen to Jon and Burton. That was the second time they let her over hear them. They should have lost just for that.

I see what you're saying about Sandra and Crista. But they clearly did not show much of what must have happened. Jon must have talked to Burton. Somehow he must have known to vote for Tijuana.

I think Sanda and Crista had no way to know that Darrah and Tijuana would definitely side with them. I think in many ways it is smart not to turn on your alliance. Because that is how Tijuana got screwed last night.

But it made for a very exciting show.

And I loved how Jon was crying, "granny died". And he thinks he is a good actor? Come on. What friend would scream out "granny's dead" like that.

It was funny though.

And Ron, sorry for any misunderstanding.

Jennifer

« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2003, 02:27:45 PM »

Cupcakes, DR Jennifer??

Which ones?... says naughty François!

The ones on DR Noel's wedding tray. Which ones did you mean? :)

Good night all. And happy Thanksgiving.

I know it's late already. But we should start a HHW tradition and each say what we are thankful for.

François

« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2003, 02:29:43 PM »

OH YES!

DR Ron is more than mean! He's WICKED! ;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2003, 02:38:28 PM »

Call me what you like, just don't forget to call me for dinner.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2003, 02:45:09 PM »

...Whizzer's supposed to make the dinner...
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2003, 02:48:00 PM »

Well, I must now take a shower then I'm off to my parents' house.  Have a good day, all!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]EAT, DRINK and BE MERRY!  For tomorrow we DIET![/move]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2003, 02:49:25 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Emily

« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2003, 02:48:50 PM »

I hope that everyone's turkey is faboo.  :)

I was FINALLY properly invited to CYGOPP's Thanksgiving Feast but had to regrettfully decline Andrea's invitation.  My parents had actually made food tonight (instead of the normal panic and phone out) and that was too much to give up - even for seeing the pleasures of Andrea matchmaking one of CYGOPP's colleagues with a fetching young friend of her's.  

I plan on spending tonight doing sweet nothings.  I most definitely will be logged on to MSN too if anyone would like to join me in post-Turkey bliss (BK - I knew you were kidding about your rant on MSN... we should get you to download the application - it's free!)

:D

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up