Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CLIFF'S NOTES  (Read 22171 times)

MusicGuy

• ...at an audition to accompany Guy Haines...
Re:CLIFF'S NOTES
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2003, 11:10:59 AM »

And finally,

what a very nice and rewarding feeling to read DR Laura's post, and find that she has one of my CDs in her player to listen to.

It is a proven scientific fact that DR Laura has the most impeccable taste and discerning ear when it comes to CD selections!!!

::) :D 8)

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2003, 11:14:20 AM »

DR Craig, I think I can tell you why everyone here is confused.

Who would be "everyone" in this scenario - now I am confused :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2003, 11:15:02 AM »

I am not confused, I love it here at www.broadwayworld.com
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2003, 11:18:08 AM »

right..  Now we are all on the same page.. which is page #168 according to Danise

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2003, 11:40:18 AM »

Jennifer was correctamundo.  Your post made it sound like you could turn administrative responsibilities back over to Mark, but that you wouldn't do it until you had 50 karmas.

Of course, we have to think now that Mark, in his "fixing" it so you couldn't turn administrative responsibilities back over to him UNLESS you got 50 karmas makes me believe he didn't think you'd ever get them!  :)

Whatever!  I'm glad you have the karmas.  I'm glad the rift has been undone.

Now...dance with me, anyway!

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2003, 11:44:31 AM »

No.. if Mark wanted to never come back, he could have reset everyone's karma and post # to zero and thereby making it take WEEKS for me to get to 50. Mark did no such thinking...

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2003, 11:46:54 AM »

Who would be "everyone" in this scenario - now I am confused :)

That would be those of us who were somewhat traumatized by yesterday's goings-on...the ones that weren't talking about leaving...the ones who post here day in and day out...you know....the "little people" out here in the dark!   ;)

We may not be reading between the lines....but we must take at face value what we see in black and white (or black and light blue).  

Granted, there was another post where you indicated Mark had fixed things.  But there were so many posts, that it seemed the story was changing before our very eyes...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 11:50:22 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2003, 11:48:41 AM »

traumatized?

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2003, 11:52:57 AM »

I hate cleaning. Weekends are for relaxing, NOT cleaning. Ehhhhh.

And everyone send good vibes to Andrea in the form of Starbucks and the gift of effortless writing.

And, EMILY, as fiance Craig pointed out, you are more than welcome to try your proposal again. You must gush, you must be sweet, and you must make them swoooooon. And you have to say swooooooooon out loud like that, because you'll laugh, then your cheeks will be rosy, and who can resist that, I ask?

Time for some JRB and some Ave. Q to keep me awake and happy :).
...Walk in the sunshine...

Danise

« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2003, 11:53:37 AM »

Posted by: JRand53  Posted on: Today at 02:15:02pm  
I am not confused, I love it here at www.broadwayworld.com  

I'm pretty fond of BOTH places myself.

And we're on page 170 today. 168 was yesterday.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #70 on: November 29, 2003, 11:55:03 AM »

Yes, Craig.

Many of us look forward to coming here each day.

Suddenly, it looked as if it was going to go away.

That has a trauma value.

It may not be the same as seeing someone get shot, or have life-threatening implications, but it bothered some of us a great deal.  A bunch of us work very hard at being members here...at being Hainsies and Kimlets.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 11:58:45 AM by Ron Pulliam »

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #71 on: November 29, 2003, 11:56:23 AM »

Craig, you crack me up.

A little poem to keep everyone happy:

I wish I were a glow worm
A glow worm's never glum
For how can you be grumpy
When the sun shines out your bum?

;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #72 on: November 29, 2003, 12:06:16 PM »

Sarah, that's a real cute poem.  ;D  Here's another poem :D :

Pretty Mary donned her skates
Upon the ice to frisk
Wasn't she a silly girl
Her little * ?
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: November 29, 2003, 12:07:39 PM »

Yes, Craig.
Many of us look forward to coming here each day.
Suddenly, it looked as if it was going to go away.
That has a trauma value.
It may not be the same as seeing someone get shot, or have life-threatening implications, but it bothered some of us a great deal.  A bunch of us work very hard at being members here...at being Hainsies and Kimlets.

Ron - I don't wish to be contrary with you - or protrary.  Bothered, upset and confused I can certainly understand - but I don't think even BRUCE was traumatized. That's an extreme word that would imply it's an event that would forever alter your world and something you would never forget.

I was being very tongue in cheek with Jennifer regarding her posts and I am sorry if you (or she) didn't "get it" since tone is so hard here on the net. It's all about lightening the mood here at HHW which, yesterday was quite bleek.

I don't think this is a place you have to "work" hard to be a member. I see this site as very welcoming and encouraging of those that want to participate. I'm sure you meant that you have a lot of time and energy invested here. And that cannot be argued. No one has had more time and energy invested here than Mark and Bruce - so I get where you are coming from. I, myself have had tremendous amounts of time and energy invested here.

again - not trying to be contrary - just trying to explain why tongue-in-cheek "Traumatized" post.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: November 29, 2003, 12:09:20 PM »

Ok.. who's the wiseguy that boo'd me? Now I only have 49 posts and can't bring Mark out of the dark (that rhymes AND sounds so Harry Potter)

Was it you or you or you? (a Mary Rodgers reference)

Oy...
« Last Edit: November 29, 2003, 12:12:23 PM by Craig »

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2003, 12:12:14 PM »

We, too, listened to Avenue Q, as I made DW Joy some macaroni and cheese to ease her tummy ache.  Now, she's asleep, but hopes to be up in time for the party tonight.

Me, I turned down another emergency call for my services from that improv group in New York (that, confusingly, uses another city's name in its title).  They wanted me to play the two mainstage shows tonight for laughably little money.  Odd thing is, it said in the papers many weeks ago that they'd be shutting their doors after 23 years in operation.  So why are they still doing shows?

And if they're paying such a pittance, why can't they make their nut?
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Danise

« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2003, 12:17:28 PM »

Not I said the fly.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2003, 12:53:23 PM »

I go along with Noel on this...LES ENFANTS DU PARADIS...a film everyone in theatre and anyone who loves theatre should see.

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2003, 12:58:56 PM »

I just went out to get the mail, and I noticed that this week's PEOPLE magazine had come. I pull it out of the pile and look down, and guess who they plastered on the cover?

A huge, frightening, awful picture of MJ's face. Now, THE EXORCIST wasn't scary. THAT was scary.

No lulls! Post!

Emily

« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2003, 01:00:10 PM »

My Musical Theatre Proposal for Craig:

Craig, "You are the Light of my World" and "Without You" I am nothing.  Quite frankly, "I Got You Under My Skin" and "I Can't Help Lovin' dat Man [i.e. YOU]".  Won't you come "Climb 'Evry Mountain" with me and be my "Someone to Fall Back On"?  I'm sure our lives would be one "Wild, Wild Party" because "I Can't Do it Alone".  "I Never Wanted to Love You" but now, "Not a Day Goes By" when I don't think of you.  In short, will you spend your life with me "For the Next Ten Minutes" and beyond?  :-*

Swooooooooooooooooonnnnn....

(Swishy how's THAT for non-belligerance? ;) )

"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

SwishySarah

• Swish On!
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2003, 01:03:54 PM »

That, my dear, was perfect.

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2003, 01:05:29 PM »

Emily - I have no choice but to have you Marry Me A Little.  I am sure that I will soon be singing I know I chose right as we spread a little sunshine together, wherever we go!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2003, 01:08:18 PM »

Scary news story:

Woman Knocked Unconscious While Shopping
1 hour, 44 minutes ago  Add Top Stories - AP to My Yahoo!

ORANGE CITY, Fla. - A mob of shoppers rushing for a sale on DVD players trampled the first woman in line and knocked her unconscious as they scrambled for the shelves at a Wal-Mart Supercenter.

AP Photo

Patricia VanLester had her eye on a $29 DVD player, but when the siren blared at 6 a.m. Friday announcing the start to the post-Thanksgiving sale, the 41-year-old was knocked to the ground by the frenzy of shoppers behind her.

"She got pushed down, and they walked over her like a herd of elephants," said VanLester's sister, Linda Ellzey. "I told them, `Stop stepping on my sister! She's on the ground!'"

Ellzey said some shoppers tried to help VanLester, and one employee helped Ellzey reach her sister, but most people just continued their rush for deals.

"All they cared about was a stupid DVD player," she said Saturday.

Paramedics called to the store found VanLester unconscious on top of a DVD player, surrounded by shoppers seemingly oblivious to her, said Mark O'Keefe, a spokesman for EVAC Ambulance.

She was flown to Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach, where doctors told the family VanLester had a seizure after she was knocked down and would likely remain hospitalized through the weekend, Ellzey said. Hospital officials said Saturday they did not have any information on her condition.

"She's all black and blue," Ellzey said. "Patty doesn't remember anything. She still can't believe it all happened."

Ellzey said Wal-Mart officials called later Friday to ask about her sister, and the store apologized and offered to put a DVD player on hold for her.

Wal-Mart Stores spokeswoman Karen Burk said she had never heard of a such a melee during a sale.

"We are very disappointed this happened," Burk said. "We want her to come back as a shopper."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Emily

« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2003, 01:11:39 PM »

Emily - I have no choice but to have you Marry Me A Little.  I am sure that I will soon be singing I know I chose right as we spread a little sunshine together, wherever we go!

Woo hoo!  So where are we going to register?  Hopefully some place that does not seel gourmet pepper (as Noel and Joy can attest is NOT A GOOD WEDDING PRESENT!) :D
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2003, 01:15:30 PM »

we should register at HHW, BroadwayWorld.com, TicketMaster, Telecharge, and so on..  And we should definitely have a very broadway wedding... Noel - how's about a sequel?

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2003, 01:17:30 PM »

p.s.  before we register, we need to have someone buy you a digital camera or a scanner ;)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2003, 01:17:57 PM »

DR Michael, I have had the Criterion THE WAGES OF FEAR on my to-watch DVD shelf for months now, and I never seem to get to it. Yep, I saw Friedkin's SORCERER many years ago and liked it, but it was missing something, and I'm hoping that something can be found in this French original. Looking forward to ONE DAY getting to it. So many DVDs, so little time.

Maybe if the studios would stop RELEASING DVDs weekly, and if I stopped BUYING DVDs weekly, I might have a chance to catch up.

[sigh] I guess there are worse problems in the world to have to deal with.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Emily

« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2003, 01:18:30 PM »

isn't it bad luck to see the bride before the wedding? ;)

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2003, 01:22:09 PM »

Emily - oh dear sweet Emily.

No.

How do you think the photographer gets all the GOOD couple and family shots at the wedding.. Once that sucker starts, there's no coralling groups like that efficiently...

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2003, 01:22:17 PM »

I recorded the two Hildegarde Withers mysteries from TCM earlier this week, and am about 50 minutes in MURDER ON THE BLACKBOARD now. I saw this so long ago that I can't even remember who the murderer is, so it's been fun trying to examine the clues and figure out the murderer. Looking forward to seeing if I got it right.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up