Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: BELLY DANCING  (Read 25481 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:BELLY DANCING
« Reply #90 on: January 27, 2006, 08:39:37 AM »

Last night's "Smallville":

SPOILER

SPOILER

Called "Reckoning", this was the 100th episode.  It's also one of the most powerful I've seen.  Superb episode.  Thrilling and heartbreaking.  A prophesy is fulfilled...and it could have been one of three people...two of them are not part of the original Superboy/Superman lore and one of them is.  They got me.  They red-herringed me perfectly.  I didn't see it coming, but one very key character died.  
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #91 on: January 27, 2006, 08:43:14 AM »

re: "Will and Grace"  -- Okay, the Rob and Ellen minor subplot is resolved for the ages.  Vince has moved on and is a much better...and much happier...person with Will and Grace OUT of his life.  

That said, we can now finish the series.  Apparently, Leo will get a resolution episode next week.  Thus, I'll have to assume that the "mothers" -- Will's, Grace's, Jack's and Karen's -- will get a series-resolution episode, too.

Sadly, the two main characters have fully evolved into becoming Elaine and Jerry from "Seinfeld"...unrelentingly shallow and clueless about how very mean-spirited they both are...toward each other and others.

You know what?  Will does not DESERVE any happiness.  He's made stupid choices and MUST PAY for them here and in the hereafter.  

Grace is a harpie of the first order.  She is on the earth only to persecute Will and to make his life several times worse than he's capable of making it for himself.

I hate both these characters now.  It took this season for both to be destroyed beyond my caring.  But the deed is done.

Jack and Karen are now at the mercy of twit writers who continue to give them irrelevant nastiness and recycled gags.

ENOUGH.

Put a stake in it!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 09:03:19 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: January 27, 2006, 08:47:01 AM »

Promos sent.

To Kill A Mockingbird plays a role in the new short story I'm working on.

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: January 27, 2006, 08:55:53 AM »

Promos sent.

Well, bk, if you need any background - books, websites, etc. - I could send you a set of the handouts I've prepared for next week's sessions!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: January 27, 2006, 08:56:35 AM »

Happy Birthday, Mozart!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #95 on: January 27, 2006, 08:57:35 AM »

Well, I'm going back to play with the printer. I can't wait.

Good Luck!!!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #96 on: January 27, 2006, 09:02:03 AM »

DR GINNY - we are producing TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD in September, and I would like a set of the handouts!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #97 on: January 27, 2006, 09:03:41 AM »

Mozart
Produced the mos' art
Was musical from the very start
Dallied with a lovely tart
Proved that he was very smart
Mozart

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #98 on: January 27, 2006, 09:04:05 AM »

Promos sent.

Sounds interesting...

Harper Lee wrote a great story... The  movie was not half bad either....
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: January 27, 2006, 09:17:43 AM »

DR GINNY - we are producing TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD in September, and I would like a set of the handouts!

DR JRand - I just turned them over to "my copyist" (doesn't that make me sound like DR elmore?).  Email me your address and I'll send you a set next week!
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 09:18:47 AM by Ginny »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: January 27, 2006, 09:24:33 AM »

I shall now be on my way to rehearse with Miss Linda Purl, after which I shall attend the Ray Courts show.  More later.

Jason

« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2006, 09:56:05 AM »

First off, Happy Birthday, Wolfy!!

Secondly, Happy Birthday DR MusicGuy, wher'er you may be...

Thirdly, YAY FOR JOSE!! I'm so excited that you get to do the Cast Album. Woohoo!!!

Fourthly, I had my first therapy session this morning and it was fantastic. I'm going back on Thursday during my lunch hour.

Fifthly, I can't wait to get to DC! I'm excited to see DR Jose as I've missed him terribly while he's been away and I've sort of planned out my days with lots of fun, free stuff to pass the time until he and I meet for dinner before his evening shows. I will see/hear those evening shows, either from the house or from the pit assuming that's cool with Jose and company management/box office staff.

"What are my DC plans?", you may be wondering. Or not. Well, I'm going to tell you. Since the weather is supposed to be warm and loverly tomorrow, I'm going to head to the National Zoo to see the pandas. I've never seen a real live panda. And since the weather is supposed to be rainy on Sunday, I figured I'd head to the Smithsonian's Museum of American History to check out Dorothy's ruby slippers and Archie Bunker's recliner. :) I'm very excited.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #102 on: January 27, 2006, 10:04:28 AM »

Good morning all

I apologize for being E&T this week.  I haven't felt much like socializing with anyone online or otherwise.  On Tuesday evening my superiors called me in for a meeting and told me that either I needed to resign or they would sack me right then.  The reasons are long and complicated, and focus primarily on a few cruel co-workers of mine that smiled to my face and bitched about me behind my back to save their own hides, a few lies told about me that i simply could not get them to believe false, and a system that didn't work and needed a scapegoat to blame.  This week has been a tough one for me, and I'm still nowhere near "fine"  but I know I will be at some point.  

Lucky time for DB Jed to get a job, though...both of us can't be out of work...

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2006, 10:08:45 AM »

Not watching anything, busily putting books up in the newly completed library.  Was up till 3:30 AM last night doing it and shall continue today.  It looks marvelous!

Jason

« Reply #104 on: January 27, 2006, 10:09:27 AM »

Good morning all

I apologize for being E&T this week.  I haven't felt much like socializing with anyone online or otherwise.  On Tuesday evening my superiors called me in for a meeting and told me that either I needed to resign or they would sack me right then.  The reasons are long and complicated, and focus primarily on a few cruel co-workers of mine that smiled to my face and bitched about me behind my back to save their own hides, a few lies told about me that i simply could not get them to believe false, and a system that didn't work and needed a scapegoat to blame.  This week has been a tough one for me, and I'm still nowhere near "fine"  but I know I will be at some point.  

DR Ann: I'm sorry it's been such a shitty week for you. I can totally relate. If you need to vent, feel free to drop me a message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~Good Vibes to You~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #105 on: January 27, 2006, 10:14:06 AM »

DR Ann, that royally sux.  But at least you are away from those so-called co-workers and out of what sounds like an unpromising environment.  You are meant for a better place and people who appreciate your talents.  

Onward and Upward Vibes for you!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #106 on: January 27, 2006, 10:26:59 AM »

Good morning all

That royally stinks... I hate people who do that... I send good thoughts!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: January 27, 2006, 10:27:41 AM »

Good morning all

Any chance you could find a lawyer willing to represent you in a civil suit...wrongful termination...slander...etc.?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #108 on: January 27, 2006, 10:41:33 AM »

Jose, Congratulations on the Lestat recording!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #109 on: January 27, 2006, 10:41:50 AM »

One of my more infamous girlfriends was, believe it or don't, a Moroccan Jewish belly-dancer who was quite famous in the Portland area--she was a pro who danced nightly at a big restaurant that featured belly dancers.  Her name was Seilah, which I always thought was a sign from G-d, being pronounced the same way as the frequent "stop" in the Psalms, Selah.  Well, Seilah was quite a trip.  She was quite a bit older than I, and more than a bit on the wild side.  One of my favorite Seilah stories is the first night we were together.  Get your minds out of the gutter, especially you ,TCB.  No, there we were lying in bed when Seilah said, "My eye hurts."  She then proceeded to remove a glass eye that I had no idea she had and set it on the nightstand.  I managed to keep from seriously freaking out, but it was a moment.  :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 10:43:04 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2006, 10:47:34 AM »

My Eye Hurts is the name of my  new novel.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2006, 10:48:15 AM »

Thanks DRGINNY, I have pm'd you the needed information.  Hopefully the documents are NOT being copied on a Ricoh!

George

« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2006, 10:48:31 AM »

~~~ BEST VIBES FOR DR ANN!! ~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2006, 10:50:01 AM »

TOD:

Der Brucer bought a CD of some obscure gay revue, written by some William Finn wannabe.  The songs are all about the angst of being gay.  Yawn.  The songs are all sung by young men who have nearly identical sweet voices and sing entirely in sweet head tones and it all sounds so sweet that a diabetic would go into shock.  It's just ghastly.  I checked the liner notes, and there isn't a single picture of a cast member to be found, but if there were pics I can guarantee that not one of the boys would have a single chest hair.  Bleh.

And what's the name of this obscure gay revue?  Inquiring minds want to know!

A friend of mine (who is chest-hairless) said that people who are hairless are higher up on the evolutionary scale. :o I like to say, as Cole Porter wrote, "Find Me a Primitive Man!" ;)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2006, 10:50:30 AM »

DR ANN - that is a terrible (but not unfamiliar) story.  I am sending you good thoughts and vibes.

IF you haven't done so already - most STATE Personnel departments have websites that make it simple for you to view openings in ALL areas of the state, and you can apply online.

MANY hospitals and larger companies offer the same service and you can even be notified by email when a job fitting your chosen qualifications is available.  If you haven't already signed on to some of those you might check them out.  It's a painless way to start a job search, and helps ease the transition.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #115 on: January 27, 2006, 10:51:41 AM »

A friend of mine (who is chest-hairless) said that people who are hairless are higher up on the evolutionary scale.;)

Then the top of my head is more advanced than my chest, that's for sure!  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #116 on: January 27, 2006, 11:04:02 AM »

Just checked out the list of stars at the Courts Show:

Edd Byrnes
Connie Stevens
Brett Halsey & David Hedison - it's a FLY double whammy
Dean Stockwell!!!!
Marjorie Lord
John Kerr & France Nuyen
Andrew Prine - Simon King of the Witches
Kenny Miller - friend of DR MB
George Chakiris & Russ Tamblyn - hope a rumble doesn't break out!

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: January 27, 2006, 11:08:20 AM »

My interview with a certain 1950s Universal-International film starlet has been postponed until 11:30, so here I am.

BK, we must have a full report on the Courts Show...particularly I hope you see Ms. Lois January star of the 1938 film COCAINE FIENDS, among other stellar motion picture entertainmnets of that era.

George

« Reply #118 on: January 27, 2006, 11:24:23 AM »

Today may be Mozart's birthday, but it's also Lewis Carroll's birthday (1832) AND (according to my Futurama calendar) Thomas Crapper Day! ;)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #119 on: January 27, 2006, 11:27:41 AM »

From CharlesPogue:
Jane, I often find the sound in British productions just awful...It's like the mix is all wrong.  Last night we were watching the constant gardener and had to re-start the film after ten minutes and crank up the sound to almost ear-bleeding levels to hear the dialogue.

I’m so relieved it isn’t just us. ;D
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up