Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: ONLY TIME WILL TELL  (Read 24732 times)

Jason

Re:ONLY TIME WILL TELL
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2006, 12:04:23 PM »

I spy DR Ann. How are you today??

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2006, 12:13:58 PM »

JRand55, yes I thought you might enjoy CHITRALEHKA...now you should find a copy of MUGHAL-E-AZAM....talk about some beautiful colors! Whew! And a good love story (thought I HATED the ending). Much of the movie is black and white but then it switcheds to color on several occasions...and those occasions are stunning!

However, there is a colorized version out there as well (they colorized the black and white scenes).

IT bothers me when they start colorizing Black and white pictures. It often destroys the atmosphere that the director intended for the film...
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2006, 12:16:29 PM »

If you think Free Cell is addicting, try "Snood" :)

I like snood
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2006, 12:17:36 PM »

Good morning all

Job hunting can drain your soul.  That is all.  

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2006, 12:21:17 PM »

Good morning all

Yes, it can... I send good vibes and wish you all the best on the hunt....

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2006, 12:28:19 PM »

I love dumb criminals stories

LEAVENWORTH, Kan. - The business cards got a response, but surely not what their owner had in mind when he had them printed up.

They came to the attention of Leavenworth police, who used them to make a drug arrest last week.

Sylvester J. Williams, 21, of Leavenworth, was charged Monday with possessing crack cocaine with the intent to sell it, Maj. Patrick Kitchens of the Leavenworth Police Department said.

Kitchens said Williams remained in custody Wednesday on $75,000 bond.

He said police had heard for some time that Williams had been selling drugs in the area. "Then we heard that he was handing out business cards," the officer said. "In the course of our investigation we were fortunate to come up with one, and we gave him a call."

Kitchens said the business card had an image of what appeared to be an alarm clock being hit by a boxing glove and said: "For a quick hit on time call the boss."

"When he answered, we agreed to buy some crack from him, we went up there, and we arrested him," Kitchens said.

The arrest was made Friday.

"It makes our job considerably easier when they advertise and let us know where to get ahold of them," Kitchens said.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #126 on: January 30, 2006, 12:29:07 PM »

Good morning all

(((ANN)))

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #127 on: January 30, 2006, 12:36:17 PM »

I'm feeling very sad about Wendy Wasserstein's death.  She was one of the three professional instructors in a playwriting workshop I had in college and she was simply the best.  Her classes were never straight lectures--she led lively interactive discussions with the students in which she instilled in us the idea that any of our everyday moments in life could be dramatized on stage.  She never self-promoted her own work and was always respectful and constructive when dealing with our scripts.  Though she taught the workshop for only a scant three and a half weeks, I will always think of her as one of the most delightful theatre instructors I ever had.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jason

« Reply #128 on: January 30, 2006, 12:41:35 PM »

That's a lovely tribute to Ms. Wasserstein's memory. I'm sure she'd have appreciated that.

Ben

« Reply #129 on: January 30, 2006, 12:42:06 PM »

The usual dimming of Broadway marquees will happen tomorrow evening at 8pm in her honor.

I had heard that she was very ill but then it dropped off the radar so when I went to Playbill this morning it was quite a shock, even though I knew in the back of my mind that it was possible.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #130 on: January 30, 2006, 01:07:04 PM »

Enjoyed quite a few episodes of THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN from disc 3. This one contains one of my all-time favorite shows - "Semi-Private Eye" where Jack Larson does a hilarious riff on Bogart. This is the other episode that contains commentary, and this one is more informative than the other one and is highly recommended.

I had forgotten in another episode "My Friend Superman" that a beebopping teenager who comes into a diner is played by Ruta (Kilmonis) Lee.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: January 30, 2006, 01:09:52 PM »

Starting to cloud up again, and I can tell it's going to be colder tomorrow. You can feel a slight chill coming into the air.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2006, 01:11:46 PM by Matt H. »

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: January 30, 2006, 01:13:21 PM »

Sort of TOTD: got to thinking about books I enjoyed as a kid.
"Pookie Puts the World Right" (Ivy Wallace).
I didn't read others in the series. I remember the illustrations and the story line about banishing winter (and the consequences). It would have made a lovely animated feature for little children.

It may have been a book specific to my own generation as it was published in 1947.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: January 30, 2006, 01:16:45 PM »

Always wondered about "The Faraway Tree" books as films as well.  I have seen an enjoyable staged production of "The Magic Faraway Tree". I know DR Jason was a reader of Enid Blyton books.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #134 on: January 30, 2006, 01:21:12 PM »

Looking forward to the SUPERMAN commentaries.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jason

« Reply #135 on: January 30, 2006, 01:23:17 PM »

Yes, I was, DR Tom. I loved those books! And I got a loverly gift in the mail from Oz on Saturday. Thank you so much! Unfortunately, with last week being what it was, I was unable to get your package off in the post. I'll send it out later this week. I PROMISE!!

Oh! Did I mention that I saw a grey kangaroo at the National Zoo on Saturday. He was sleeping all afternoon, but the emu was trying its damndest to get out and peck at the children. Now that's my kind of bird!! ;-)

Tomovoz

« Reply #136 on: January 30, 2006, 01:29:07 PM »

Emus are very much like that - they will steal food that you are carrying.
How lovely that you've seen the Australian coat of Arms. Both animals can be found on menus here!  UGHHHH.
Neither animal can walk backwards!
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #137 on: January 30, 2006, 01:33:41 PM »

For the sports fans:  Ian Thorpe returns to competitive swimming this evening,  First since the Athens Olympics.

DR Jane: "The Losing Season".  I've never watched a game of basketball!
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #138 on: January 30, 2006, 01:43:55 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Whew!  A nice run around the Reservoir in Central Park.  Twice!  In just under 30 minutes.  One lap is 1.5 miles, and my goal was to run a little faster for the second lap.  I didn't necessarily have a better pace/time for the second lap, but I also didn't slow down, and lose pace/time.

And I have to say, scenically speaking, that is one great run!  I had never been up by the reservoir, so...  And today was a perfect day for a run.  I had done a Google search for running in Central Park, and found out that the path around the reservoir is an actual running path, so... That's where I headed.

Once I got back to the apartment, I did some much needed stretching/yoga.  -I had basically taken off the past few days, and once I finished my run, my lower back was still feeling sort of tight.  It's much, much better now.   And my hamstrings are starting to loosen up too - I'm digging touching my toes without as much effort (as I used to effort).  ;)

...And I guess during my final bit of stretching/yoga, I ended up taking a brief nap.  Guess I needed it.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #139 on: January 30, 2006, 01:44:34 PM »

Emus are very much like that - they will steal food that you are carrying.

Several of my actor friends will do the same thing if you're not careful. ;)

What does emu taste like? Chicken?

I can't imagine eating kangaroo. Aren't they on the endangered species list?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #140 on: January 30, 2006, 01:44:38 PM »

DR Jason - Have you been up to the Reservoir?  The views of the skyline surrounding the park are incredible!  Very camera-worthy.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #141 on: January 30, 2006, 01:45:55 PM »

DR Ben - Well... If your tree is still up next week, I could climb the three flights of stairs to see it then.

*And, actually, my small tree is still up too in my parents' basement.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #142 on: January 30, 2006, 01:46:29 PM »

DR FJL - Got your e-mail... I'll get back to you in a few... Still need to get cleaned up post-run.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #143 on: January 30, 2006, 01:48:01 PM »

DR Jason - Dinner plans? Splash plans?  ;)

*Actually, I don't think Splash is a feasible idea for me tonight.  Just need something more sedate tonight.  -I'm pretty sure my body is still recovering from the San Francisco trip.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: January 30, 2006, 01:48:29 PM »

Well... Let me go ahead and get cleaned up...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #145 on: January 30, 2006, 01:49:07 PM »

DR Jose: I could use a good nap, too. I think I'll take one when I get home.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #146 on: January 30, 2006, 01:53:24 PM »

Now I'm sleepy!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: January 30, 2006, 01:57:06 PM »

EEEWWWW!  Its gotten nasty and foggy just in time for rush hour... oh joy!

laters!

vixmom

« Reply #148 on: January 30, 2006, 02:00:55 PM »

DR WFO has the nicest neighbors.....

Dix Hills leopard keeper is sentenced

4-year deal in leopard case
Dec 21, 2005

BY ZACHARY R. DOWDY
STAFF WRITER

January 30, 2006, 4:13 PM EST

The Dix Hills man who beat his wife and, chained her to a basement staircase in their home and drugged her was sentenced to four years in prison for the crimes yesterday.

Anthony Barone, 35, was sentenced yesterday by state Supreme Court Justice Robert W. Doyle in Riverhead as about a dozen of his relatives looked on -- and just after his wife of 14 years pleaded with Doyle through sobs to mete out the maximum term.

"I'm just begging you today to give him the maximum," said Anastasia Barone, who said she was kicked in the face by Barone -- while he was wearing steel-tipped boots – and punched, chained and drugged by her husband, who had made their house a den for a pair of leopard cubs. "In front of my children he kicked me in the face."

The couple has four children, ranging in age from two to nine years old, who lived at the house, too, despite the cubs.

Charges against Barone, who once ran a successful tattoo shop in Lynbrook, stem from assaults he committed against Anastasia Barrone in May 2005, after the couple argued over a pending separation.

At the time, police said Barone erupted into a rage and pummeled his wife. He was charged with second-degree assault, reckless endangerment, unlawful imprisonment, weapons charges and four counts of endangering the welfare of a child. He pleaded guilty last month.

Doyle sentenced Barone to four years for the assault charge and lesser time for the other charges, the terms of which will be served concurrently. Suffolk prosecutor Donald Mates had asked Doyle to sentence Barone to five years in prison.
//quote]

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2006, 02:01:03 PM »

Looking forward to the SUPERMAN commentaries.

"Semi-Private Eye" is definitely the better of the two. There are almost no gaps, and one or the other (Larson and Neill) talk quite a bit, mostly Larson.

In order to get to that episode, I skipped another of my all-time favorites "The Clown Who Cried" which used to make me cry when I was young watching this episode.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up